Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

okkie posted:

I posted before but no answers, so i'll try again with less words.

A movie or TV-show I only saw a snippet of that traumatized the hell out of me when i was a kid.

Big rear end barn fight, people flying everywhere. A guy being chucked on a girder and it ended with a guy walking out of the barn with a pair of legs on a pitchfork.

I saw it in a talk show, and it hosed me up quite a bit, but I'd love to know what it actually was.

Yeah, I put in an inordinate amount of time into the pitchfork one back when it was originally posted, including IMDB keyword searches... I could probably go for another round tonight, though. Didn't you say there was a bunch of rape preceding the ultraviolence also? (Was the giant barn brawl the revenge scene or something?) Maybe I'm just thinking about some of the exploitative 60s/70s trash I had to dig through on IMDB previously... Ugh

E: great page snipe :(

E2: Wait, is it The Mutilator? That's more of a "teenagers murdered one by one" thing though. The "big brawl" aspect actually seems pretty unique, amongst pitchfork-killing movies
And what was the era again? If it was on a talk show, it was probably moral panic over it being newly released, right? Was this 80s, 90s?

And any supernatural elements you recall? Possession, monsters, undead, whatever, not just serial killers (even if superhumanly strong)?

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

Oh wow, you remembered! Yeah this was in the 80s, around 1985/1986 I think. and I indeed vaguely recall a rape but it’s all so disjointed. It was v gross-out, splatter I think.

I remember the talkshow being quite blasé about it, but I don’t remember why they were talking about it.

Edit: no monsters or anything. The longer I think about it now, the less sense it makes. Maybe it was a collection of clips, but in my head it feels like one scene.

The guy walking out with the legs on the pitchfork is so vivid, but the pitchfork itself might not have been in the fight.

Thank you for anything you find, I do appreciate new angles! I’ve searched IMDB silly myself for this stupid thing.

okkie fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 12, 2020

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

okkie posted:

Oh wow, you remembered! Yeah this was in the 80s, around 1985/1986 I think. and I indeed vaguely recall a rape but it’s all so disjointed. It was v gross-out, splatter I think.

I remember the talkshow being quite blasé about it, but I don’t remember why they were talking about it.

Edit: no monsters or anything. The longer I think about it now, the less sense it makes. Maybe it was a collection of clips, but in my head it feels like one scene.

The guy walking out with the legs on the pitchfork is so vivid, but the pitchfork itself might not have been in the fight.

Thank you for anything you find, I do appreciate new angles! I’ve searched IMDB silly myself for this stupid thing.

I'll just throw out one idea:
Splatter Farm 1987

I did have another thought: was it possible the pitchfork was another instrument? Heck, in The Mutilator that I suggested earlier, I think a pitchfork is used but there's also a super-gruesome impaling on a hook of some sort. I've also started running into some movies using a legit trident as the murder weapon, though I guess that would tend towards the supernatural. And, as you made some reference to this being in Europe previously, was this in English or something else? (And any idea if American vs UK, etc?) I guess dubs are a thing, though.

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 13, 2020

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

Teketeketeketeke posted:

I'll just throw out one idea:
Splatter Farm 1987

I did have another thought: was it possible the pitchfork was another instrument? Heck, in The Mutilator that I suggested earlier, I think a pitchfork is used but there's also a super-gruesome impaling on a hook of some sort. I've also started running into some movies using a legit trident as the murder weapon, though I guess that would tend towards the supernatural. And, as you made some reference to this being in Europe previously, was this in English or something else? (And any idea if American vs UK, etc?) I guess dubs are a thing, though.

Thanks for all the effort! I checked The Mutilator and Splatter Farm and they both come really close to the vibe but are not it. :(

I'm in the Netherlands, so it might have been a local production, I'm also diving back in.

okkie fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Aug 13, 2020

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910996&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

movie ID thread

reddit has a broad ID thread the plus side being there's a huge pool of people who can remember obscure stuff

https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Dr.D-O posted:

I'm looking for an older (the early 2010s, I think) web series that was thematic montages of old movie/tv footage set to music. Usually old sci-fi or horror material, but I remember that there was one episode that was all Christmas movie footage. Usually, the montages were done to create humorous juxtapositions or to show patterns across different pieces of media.

Episodes ran for around 20-30 minutes and I remember the name of the series being something really silly with words like "cosmic" or "incredible" (may not use those actual words, though).

I had originally downloaded the show from Cinemageddon, a torrent tracker for B-movies, and had thought that it was some kind of original creation from one of the users, but later found the same series on a streaming site (I think it was Dailymotion or maybe Vimeo?). I've since lost the hard drive I had saved the videos on.

I really liked the series and would like to watch it again, but my old man memory is failing me. If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, please let me know.

I'd like to add some additional information to this.

I recently re-discovered Everything is Terrible. The series I'm looking for is very much like their Everything is Terrible: The Movie video. Same editing style, same sort of humor.

The difference between EiT and the series I'm looking for is the type of footage. The series I'm looking for was mostly older sci-fi/horror movies, rather than found footage from random VHS tapes.

Giganticon
Mar 10, 2010

Pillbug
I am looking for a specific recording of a bluegrass or folk song - it was about a coal mining disaster. It was almost certainly a cover of "red wing blackbird" by Billy Edd Wheeler because it absolutely had a bird metaphor as its central lyrics. It could have been about a crow or raven or some other bird though. I want to say it was about a bird being an omen, and then her family dies in a coal disaster but it was so long ago it could be anything.

The particular cover was by a female vocalist - she had a clear voice and it was haunting and beautiful but all the covers i can find are with an acoustic guitar backing, this version had much richer backing - it could have been strings, or it could have been a full band. It definitely had a traditional feel however.

The last clue is I know i heard it on public radio, they were interviewing the lady singer and played the song at the end. She had grown up in coal country somewhere. I heard the interview probably 2014? I want to say she was a younger up and comer rather then an established master.

Thanks!

E. I think I figured it out, using the old duck duck go trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alj55xXjze8

Giganticon fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 15, 2020

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I'm trying to remember a few albums posted by goons on SA.

edit for clarity- these albums were produced by registered SA goons.

It was posted around 2007-2010ish
I'm 75% sure it had a song title name with red in it, like red lights, or there might have been a title with alaska in it
There's a song in there where the chorus goes "boy gently caress, girl gently caress, boy gently caress, girl gently caress, boy gently caress"
the genre of the album was electropop, and was very dancable.
75% The cover art was very colorful and had lots red yellows and oranges in it. I'm 50% it was cartoony or trippy in style.

This was an album with a few drum and bass songs mixed with ambient pieces.
There was a song called "Heaven or Las Vegas Cover"
I'm 80% about both those.

zaepg fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 14, 2020

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I want to find the songs from the robocop meets anderson cooper songwriting contest that happened on these forums probably about 15 years ago. They used to be in a front page article but the links have been dead for years.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

rodbeard posted:

I want to find the songs from the robocop meets anderson cooper songwriting contest that happened on these forums probably about 15 years ago. They used to be in a front page article but the links have been dead for years.

I have Live from the Lab somewhere, hope it’s not on my dead Mac. I’ll keep an eye out.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Blue Moonlight posted:

I have Live from the Lab somewhere, hope it’s not on my dead Mac. I’ll keep an eye out.

I hope you've got it. That one some how still gets stuck in my head.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

zaepg posted:

I'm trying to remember a few albums posted by goons on SA.

I'm 75% sure it had a song title name with red in it, like red lights, or there might have been a title with alaska in it
There's a song in there where the chorus goes "boy gently caress, girl gently caress, boy gently caress, girl gently caress, boy gently caress"
the genre of the album was electropop, and was very dancable.
75% The cover art was very colorful and had lots red yellows and oranges in it. I'm 50% it was cartoony or trippy in style.

I’m almost positive the band is Of Montreal. Though I don’t know which track. It would not be off brand of them to have that kind of chorus.

Sample:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LolPT5a_ZMc

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Edit: nm I found what I was looking for lol

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Started from the bottom, now we here

Dr.D-O posted:

I'd like to add some additional information to this.

I recently re-discovered Everything is Terrible. The series I'm looking for is very much like their Everything is Terrible: The Movie video. Same editing style, same sort of humor.

The difference between EiT and the series I'm looking for is the type of footage. The series I'm looking for was mostly older sci-fi/horror movies, rather than found footage from random VHS tapes.

ConcreteTV was in a similar vein. There are a few (very) low quality episodes on YouTube.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWVW4nQYSME

ee: Dammit someone else said ConcreteTV earlier. Never mind.

Skyscraper Raccoon fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 14, 2020

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Mr. Lobe posted:

Edit: nm I found what I was looking for lol

Share it anyway. Most of the entertainment in this thread for the people uninvolved with the searching is hearing what other people are looking for.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

13Pandora13 posted:

Oh man, this reminds me of one:

I can't remember if it was in an ep or a promo, but there was a cartoon around the Clone High era that had a segment where one character was like, "duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh. Duh uh nuh nuh nuh nuh. Duh uh nuh nuh nuh nuh," and then another says, "SHUT UP." The first character then makes like a "beooow," guitar noise.

I had always thought this was from Clone High, and so did my middle brother. My brothers and I have repeated this segment to each other s million times in the last 15ish years. I re-watched the show a while back to find the ep it's from and it's not there. Where the gently caress did this come from?

This might be Beavis and Butthead watching MC 900 ft Jesus. Beavis keeps singing along with the beat, much to Butthead’s annoyance. Butthead doesn’t sing along until the very end, but it might be the guitar noise you’re thinking of.

https://youtu.be/urD-YMrGiCk

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Raspberry Bang posted:

I’m almost positive the band is Of Montreal. Though I don’t know which track. It would not be off brand of them to have that kind of chorus.

Sample:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LolPT5a_ZMc

Sorry maybe wasn't clear enough. These are goon produced albums, though Of Montreal is a great band.
The sound style was similar to that of late 2010 electropop sound

zaepg fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 14, 2020

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

GutBomb posted:

Share it anyway. Most of the entertainment in this thread for the people uninvolved with the searching is hearing what other people are looking for.

I had been looking for a recording of the Collins Kids playing Stagger Lee for some time. Then I googled today and found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJwsSL1Q29c

There is better video of it out there somewhere, though

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A King of FIghters combo highlight video that had some beep-y techno music and featured a short sequence of this guy getting crossed up and comboed to oblivion.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Some bald guy in a movie after playing with some alien artifact: you know something kid? I don't think this is any synthesizer

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Is that Masters of the Universe?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
YEah I figured it out when he man showed up lol

Goldie The Mack
Nov 25, 2005

Go on and stick yo' seff
In the mid 90's there was a Taco Bell commercial with a gospel choir singing about Taco Sunday. For some reason it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the internet.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

My buddy just asked me if I remember a movie from the 80s/90s. A man wearing a gorilla mask flying through a zeppelin. Anybody know it?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

My friend had this same candle from Germany. He passed away years ago and I sort of collect things that remind me of him, which is kind of weird I guess. Unfortunately a lot of the things he had were thrown out by his rear end in a top hat dad (he didnt go to college or get a regular job so he could take care of his mom who had Lou Gehrig's disease until she passed, with the promise he'd get her old car and some money from his dad who just kicked him out when she died) and what he did have is probably rotting away in another friends garage in bum-gently caress-egypt.

I've seen it on eBay (where the pic is from) and while they said it was in excellent condition it obviously isnt. Paint has worn off which is okay but its scratched to hell everywhere. And they wanted something like $80 bucks for it after shipping. I keep holding out for something in better condition but it'll probably be years before another pops up for sale again. His was in really good condition after all.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I keep telling this story about listening to a podcast where the hosts have a blowup doll that can talk, and two of the hosts convince another to go into a corner and gently caress it. The computer component that makes it talk gets too hot though and catches the plastic on fire while he's apparently inside of it, and you could tell from the audio his friends leap from their seats to pull it off of him and proceed to stomp it out.

It's not so much that I would wanna relisten to it, more that I'd love to prove to my friends this legit happened.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Blackchamber posted:

My friend had this same candle from Germany. He passed away years ago and I sort of collect things that remind me of him, which is kind of weird I guess. Unfortunately a lot of the things he had were thrown out by his rear end in a top hat dad (he didnt go to college or get a regular job so he could take care of his mom who had Lou Gehrig's disease until she passed, with the promise he'd get her old car and some money from his dad who just kicked him out when she died) and what he did have is probably rotting away in another friends garage in bum-gently caress-egypt.

I've seen it on eBay (where the pic is from) and while they said it was in excellent condition it obviously isnt. Paint has worn off which is okay but its scratched to hell everywhere. And they wanted something like $80 bucks for it after shipping. I keep holding out for something in better condition but it'll probably be years before another pops up for sale again. His was in really good condition after all.

I'm sorry about your friend :( What is the candle is called, or what search terms did you use to find that one on Ebay? The picture's small as hell on my screen so I can't tell what it is.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

Looking around online, I found a couple of sites that offer stuff they call "Johann Gunter Wachswarenfabrik candles" that look pretty similar.

I am not sure if this is an exact match, but it might help your search.

EDIT: "Walldurn Baden candle" also brings up stuff like this. I hope this helps

Tea Party Crasher fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Aug 19, 2020

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Telemaze posted:

I'm sorry about your friend :( What is the candle is called, or what search terms did you use to find that one on Ebay? The picture's small as hell on my screen so I can't tell what it is.

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Looking around online, I found a couple of sites that offer stuff they call "Johann Gunter Wachswarenfabrik candles" that look pretty similar.

I am not sure if this is an exact match, but it might help your search.

EDIT: "Walldurn Baden candle" also brings up stuff like this. I hope this helps

Thanks. Yeah I usually use Johann Gunter in my search terms, german carved candle (although I doubt its hand carved since they are mass produced), and of course tree and face candles.

Used to see them often when I lived in Germany but it seems theres not a whole of of interest in reselling them in the USA. They are kind of a touristy buy like black forest cuckoo clocks.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Blackchamber posted:

Thanks. Yeah I usually use Johann Gunter in my search terms, german carved candle (although I doubt its hand carved since they are mass produced), and of course tree and face candles.

Used to see them often when I lived in Germany but it seems theres not a whole of of interest in reselling them in the USA. They are kind of a touristy buy like black forest cuckoo clocks.

It's not exactly that one, but this is pretty close. You're going to have a hard time finding an exact match; one source I found says that the Gunter company is long out of business.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
I have a movie scene that I THOUGHT was from Poltergeist, but I just saw that fully for the first time last night, and this wasn't in it. Is it maybe from the sequel?

It's a scene where a kid gets pulled into a TV playing static. But you actually see it happen- a hand made of static reaches out of the TV and extends across the room. I think later on, the parents have to actually step into the TV to rescue the kid.

I also don't think it's The Ring, since I watched some scenes from that and couldn't find one where the screen is playing static when she comes out.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

pooch516 posted:

I have a movie scene that I THOUGHT was from Poltergeist, but I just saw that fully for the first time last night, and this wasn't in it. Is it maybe from the sequel?

It's a scene where a kid gets pulled into a TV playing static. But you actually see it happen- a hand made of static reaches out of the TV and extends across the room. I think later on, the parents have to actually step into the TV to rescue the kid.

I also don't think it's The Ring, since I watched some scenes from that and couldn't find one where the screen is playing static when she comes out.

The music video from Take On Me???

Gringo Mystique
Aug 28, 2000

Law should be like death, which spares no one.
There's a commercial from either the mid to late 90s or early 2000s for some sort of candy product and the only line I can remember is "with peanut butter and CRUNCHY". Searched for years to no avail.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Gringo Mystique posted:

There's a commercial from either the mid to late 90s or early 2000s for some sort of candy product and the only line I can remember is "with peanut butter and CRUNCHY". Searched for years to no avail.

The cadence of that phrase made me think of this commercial with “a big chunk of FUDGE,” probably not what you’re looking for but worth a shot https://youtu.be/DfubZlBZV0s

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Gringo Mystique posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYReEVjIvos ?

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

The music video from Take On Me???

I don't think so... The scene I'm thinking of definitely had a hand coming out of a TV, not a book. And I'm remembering it kind of looking like a gloved hand, with static projected onto it for the special effect.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

pooch516 posted:

Nightmare on Elm Street 3?
https://youtu.be/FyHQnzcqnlA

Not a kid, but Videodrome feels kinda close...

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Tip posted:

Nightmare on Elm Street 3?
https://youtu.be/FyHQnzcqnlA

Not a kid, but Videodrome feels kinda close...

Ahh, I think it was Videodrome! That second gif is pretty much what I was thinking of. I had seen that years ago in a hotel and I guess just assumed it was Poltergeist since it's a spooky television set. Thanks!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

pooch516 posted:

Ahh, I think it was Videodrome! That second gif is pretty much what I was thinking of. I had seen that years ago in a hotel and I guess just assumed it was Poltergeist since it's a spooky television set. Thanks!

Nice! Videodrome is a great movie, such a weird fever dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

And it stars Deborah Harry :allears: