Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm probably going to download it now, RIP ally designs to finish the games I already own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Nintendo ran a luigis mansion promo for an hour yesterday, must’ve been a glitch but I’m pissed i missed it for $42

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

American McGay posted:

Hope your daughters enjoy playing as the big tittied goth witches that Koei Tecmo inserted into the game as essential to the lore.

They like to stick with Link and Zelda and then saddle me with lvl 1 characters they've never played so I can level them up. Got a taste of some of the different play styles at least, and can confirm Ganondorf is tons of fun.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Linkle is the best, just in general

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

Nintendo ran a luigis mansion promo for an hour yesterday, must’ve been a glitch but I’m pissed i missed it for $42

the Hour of Luigi

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Linkle is OP. Impa is pretty tight iirc. Ganondorf is super fun but kinda broken. I honestly don't remember much else but now I kinda want to start playing again.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Volga is essentially Lu Bu which makes him a lot of fun to use

there are some awful characters/weapons but the really fun ones make up for it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

if you change it its still confusing because a and b are swapped on nintendo consoles

since i only play japanese trash every game on the ps2 that uses x to accept is almost impossible for me to navigate

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Linkle is OP. Impa is pretty tight iirc. Ganondorf is super fun but kinda broken. I honestly don't remember much else but now I kinda want to start playing again.

Impa is my favorite :hai:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yargh I can’t believe they put in these huge titted bimbo princess into Zelda? Ugh who is this for? What are their names??

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i downloaded it and played the first two scenarios today. I've completely forgotten how to play, so once I get to the adventure maps it's gonna be hard, but for now it's just fun. do they not grade you on time in legend mode? I've been taking like a half hour because I like getting a million kills and making the map all blue.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sheik is sick in HW

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Young Link ftw.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Windeqker link is the best link

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

young link is the best one but all the links kick rear end

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Once you have some fairies up and running you can basically have 100% fierce deity uptime it's great, the only downside is having to interact with the creepy fairy system for child molesters

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I never unlocked the fairy system at all. :hai:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Once you have some fairies up and running you can basically have 100% fierce deity uptime it's great, the only downside is having to interact with the creepy fairy system for child molesters

that wasn't on the wiiu one and it seems like.its still locked for me atm. I'll do it if it makes the game easy, I don't like a lot of challenge from my button mashing goth tits game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's required for a lot of the tougher adventure challenges but you can ignore it completely if you're still doing Legends or whatever the story is

Edit: mortadella

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Glass Cannon fairy skill is mandatory for the maps where you have to kill 3 giant bosses in 15 minutes, especially when those bosses are The Imprisoned and Ganon. I didn't deal with fairy skills beyond that.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fairby

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i kept losing a bunch of adventure maps because i forgot that stupid fairy collection minigame exists fand i don't want to engage with it. i REFUSE to engage with it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:hai:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I willfully ignored it myself until I realized it meant I could one shot The Imprisoned on the maps where you have to kill The Imprisoned, another The Imprisoned, and a third The Imprisoned in under 15 minutes, all of which are assisted by miniature Imprisoned. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made so I can get a heart container for Tingle.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kongming posted:

I willfully ignored it myself until I realized it meant I could one shot The Imprisoned on the maps where you have to kill The Imprisoned, another The Imprisoned, and a third The Imprisoned in under 15 minutes, all of which are assisted by miniature Imprisoned. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made so I can get a heart container for Tingle.

This post made me do the mental equivalent of a bug scurrying under the fridge when exposed too clearly

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

last time i played i cleared most of the basic adventure map and got owned on the other ones, so i'll see how i'm feeling when i get that far. i still have to clear legend mode first.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played Hyrule Warriors once on a plane ride and then never again. I should check it out again

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

last time i played i cleared most of the basic adventure map and got owned on the other ones, so i'll see how i'm feeling when i get that far. i still have to clear legend mode first.

youve got to beat legend mode before you really get going on adventure maps anyway, you get your last tool in the DLC

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

a Loving Dog posted:

Good news.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/luigis-mansion-3-switch/

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

i downloaded it and played the first two scenarios today. I've completely forgotten how to play, so once I get to the adventure maps it's gonna be hard, but for now it's just fun. do they not grade you on time in legend mode? I've been taking like a half hour because I like getting a million kills and making the map all blue.

this is still the way I play, mowing down mooks en masse just never gets old. sending 75 chumps flying into the air with the press of a button ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I played Hyrule Warriors once on a plane ride and then never again. I should check it out again

Its cool and if you wind up loving it, there's like 700 hours of game so you could play it for years.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i sold my copy after finishing the story mode and seeing how big the adventure mode was so it wouldn't consume me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

i sold my copy after finishing the story mode and seeing how big the adventure mode was so it wouldn't consume me

you missed out

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Copped :tipshat:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

legend mode is kind of a pain because even speedrunning every map takes 15+ minutes and if youre trying to get all the pieces of heart or w/e they can take 40-45 easily, but adventure mode even the longest maps are like ten minutes and most of them are super badass. easily the best part of the game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I bounced off of Adventure Mode because the information overload caused my tiny brain to shutdown.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Its cool and if you wind up loving it, there's like 700 hours of game so you could play it for years.

For some reason I've never been able to get into any musou I've tried but I believe in Nintendo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

For some reason I've never been able to get into any musou I've tried but I believe in Nintendo

its the only good one i've played since the first couple of dynasty warriors, i think because nintendo kept the perverts at tecmo koei on a tight leash

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

its the only good one i've played since the first couple of dynasty warriors, i think because nintendo kept the perverts at tecmo koei on a tight leash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Jokes on them: the perverts at tecmo koei love tight leashes