Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Aluminum shortage must be starting to hit. Bottles are back baby!

https://twitter.com/treehousebrewco/status/1293301123101741057?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
because we... can(ned too much)?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Gonna start sellimg 12oz bottles for the price of 16oz cans because we're treehouse

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

funkybottoms posted:

a Festbier is lighter, less malty, and generally has a little more hop character, whereas a Marzen is all about that rich maltiness; kind of a beefier Vienna lager.

that said, does Notch distribute to where you live? i'd be surprised if they didn't make a good example. Idle Hands does, too, but i'm not sure how far they get outside of the Boston metro area. oh, how about Jack's Abby?

Ah, well that might explain it.

Can't recall seeing Notch but I'm sure I've seen Idle Hands around somewhere and Jack's Abby is ubiquitous here. If I see something October-y I'll give it a look. I'm in Mass but closer to Providence than Boston.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Aint no one tellin ya to stop drinkin Natty Daddies

My taste has evolved to PBR and Mickey's in the hand grenade bottles.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
We’ve had two seasonal beers released just this week that were cans last year and they’ve said “it’s back in bottles!”

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Gonna start sellimg 12oz bottles for the price of 16oz cans because we're treehouse

I love TreeHouse but yeah :hmmyes:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Final Blog Entry posted:

Thats what we call growth

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Final Blog Entry posted:

Hardywood used to sell stubby bottles but I haven't seen them in quite a while.
I'm hoping Ardent takes note and just goes all in on a craft Malt Liquor.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Side Project and Tree House are just printing money at this point.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I think it was just for their Richmond Lager

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Considering that Side Project goes for like, mid/mid-low wine money, that says something about that industry. Cory, being a wine guy, probably prices his beers like that partly for that reason.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

the yellow dart posted:

I think it was just for their Richmond Lager

they rebranded Great Return in stubbies and it looks amazing

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

funkybottoms posted:

they rebranded Great Return in stubbies and it looks amazing

It's a shame that beer sucks so bad.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

it has a nice smile!

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

prayer group posted:

It's a shame that beer sucks so bad.

I like Great Return :coolfish:?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

it's not bad if you get it within a few days of packaging, but almost every other time i've had it it was a diacetyl bomb

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
SN Oktoberfest is solid this year, even without the collab. Def more festbier like than before where it leaned more marzen imho.

SA Oktoberfest will be next.

Kosher man
May 8, 2002
Got me a nice shiny box of Ardent at the brewery today. Thanks Steve. Yall need to come down for a brew now that I have the space to return the favor.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nestharken posted:

I had the same issue--couldn't burp until I was 23. Not sure what changed then, 'cause I certainly drank plenty of soda as a kid and just lived with the discomfort.

My solution (ha) as a college kid was to compulsively swirl bottles as I drank them to get more of the CO2 out, but if you're being a proper fancy lad and drinking out of a glass, you can do the same thing with an aggressive pour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StMMa8uR2-0

The aggressive pour worked, had a few IPAs last night and didn’t dry heave at all!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Apache tells me that BarrieHaus is king of the lager hill in FL and after drinking Maltika- their wonderfully-named Baltic porter- i'm all ears. it doesn't have as much of that dark fruit as some, but it's smooth and full-up on dark chocolate and roast, with a kiss of molasses and booze to finish. really good stuff and far too easy to drink for being 8.5%

Kosher man posted:

Got me a nice shiny box of Ardent at the brewery today. Thanks Steve. Yall need to come down for a brew now that I have the space to return the favor.

hell and gently caress yes; i've enjoyed following your progress and the place looks- from the outside to the logo mural- amazing so far. been itching to make a wheat-heavy saison with Hallertau Blanc as well as mastoring some beef...

...and, wait, we beat everyone to the punch on the cooler stickers?!?!

Kosher man
May 8, 2002
I am just waiting on replacement ferules for my punchons and I can start barrel fermentation so that is doable.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

oh man can we call it Going Blanc Again

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

funkybottoms posted:

oh man can we call it Going Blanc Again

Please do

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

Apache tells me that BarrieHaus is king of the lager hill in FL and after drinking Maltika- their wonderfully-named Baltic porter- i'm all ears. it doesn't have as much of that dark fruit as some, but it's smooth and full-up on dark chocolate and roast, with a kiss of molasses and booze to finish. really good stuff and far too easy to drink for being 8.5%

It's true, they're the best. About to jump into a crowler of their maibock.

Kosher man
May 8, 2002
Coffee rye bock called Joe Roggen.

Apache
May 11, 2004

deadwing posted:

It's true, they're the best. About to jump into a crowler of their maibock.

I sent funkybottoms one of those too...

Apache fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 15, 2020

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Kosher man posted:

Coffee rye bock called Joe Roggen.

nice, but drat if it isn't nearly impossible to find a pun that hasn't already been used to name a beer...

Apache posted:

I sent funkybottoms one of those too...

i'm selecting randomly. enjoyed the Mexican lager last night. light, some cracker/cereal malt character, a little corn sweetness, and minimal hop presence. definite crusher that i would gladly add to the fridge rotation.

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm hoping Ardent takes note and just goes all in on a craft Malt Liquor.

They’ve had both Great Return and Richmond lager in stubby bottles within the last few weeks.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Got my second beer delivery for the week. First one was from Toppling Goliath, this one's from Tree House. Weekend is looking good.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

How long do you all feel is ok to store crowlers in the fridge? I had never heard of Barriehaus until they were recently mentioned in here, I'm going to be over by them today or tomorrow so I figure I'll do a curbside order for the weekend and maybe a bit beyond. I just don't want to end up with more than I can drink while it's still good.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Final Blog Entry posted:

How long do you all feel is ok to store crowlers in the fridge? I had never heard of Barriehaus until they were recently mentioned in here, I'm going to be over by them today or tomorrow so I figure I'll do a curbside order for the weekend and maybe a bit beyond. I just don't want to end up with more than I can drink while it's still good.

I feel comfortable having a crowler way longer than a growler, 3 weeks to maybe a month tops is where I'm willing to go

I've been to bottle shares where people opened them at 6 to 8 weeks and they were fine, but very much ymmv :iiam:

https://thetakeout.com/how-long-do-growlers-and-crowlers-stay-fresh-beer-1829868109

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

Yeah theyre fine for a couple weeks as long as the place filling them isn't completely incompetent

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

Yeah theyre fine for a couple weeks as long as the place filling them isn't completely incompetent

Also see the labels on The Answer's crowlers lol

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Cool, as long as they're good for a week or so I shouldn't have any problem pounding whatever I come home with.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

air- posted:

Also see the labels on The Answer's crowlers lol

Yeah I guess the huge caveat is that the beer in question is not laden with fermentable sugars

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

Yeah I guess the huge caveat is that the beer in question is not laden with fermentable sugars

Is there a list somewhere of breweries that do this so I can add to my list of places I'll never give my money to? "Exploding Beer" can be a new category alongside current ones "Really Racist" and "Assholes to Employees."

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

danbanana posted:

Is there a list somewhere of breweries that do this so I can add to my list of places I'll never give my money to? "Exploding Beer" can be a new category alongside current ones "Really Racist" and "Assholes to Employees."

I guess "Makes Bad Beer" is another category.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

danbanana posted:

I guess "Makes Bad Beer" is another category.

that's too long of a list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I sent 6 crowlers too Austin that sat around a UPS warehouse for like a week because a UPS truck showed up late and that apparently FUCKS EVERYTHING UP. A 4 day delivery became a week n a half long delivery :wtc:

anyway, nothin sploded and from what I know all beers were still carbonated n fresh. I sent IPAS, Lagers, Pils, and a Brown Ale so idk. Why risk storing fruit bombs!>>?