Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010
He looks like Ricky Ricardo's evil rival who runs a perpetually second-best variety show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lol

https://twitter.com/brwr/status/1295878009279385601

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's what I was looking for.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Munsters were good people, they deserve better than this.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

I am loath to make fun of anyone's appearance, but these two look like the result of exercises in drawing boardwalk caricatures. You would think they would put even *trivial* effort into looking good for official campaign photos.

Am I white? Am I wearing a suit? Does my smile look like I had to be taught how to do it via electric shocks? Then I look good enough to be a rebublican.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/1295501196019499011

This is awful.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's impressive how painfully unfunny Stephen Colbert has become.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Matt Gaetz looks like Max's ingame model from the original Max Payne

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

It's impressive how painfully unfunny Stephen Colbert has become.

He is still funny to moderately leftist boomers, so the audience for late night television. Honestly I can't fault him for going in that direction. Conservatives are beyond parody at this point; Stephen Colbert- caricature of a rightwing blowhard, would just be screaming Q poo poo constantly if he was an actual person and that's not funny, just bleak.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

It's a pretty good grift. She chose a 75% D district she can't possibly actually win, so she'll undoubtedly be pocketing whatever campaign money she can. Hopefully it won't turn into a full on Producers situation.

That is almost specifically what I'm hoping for

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

there wolf posted:

He is still funny to moderately leftist boomers, so the audience for late night television. Honestly I can't fault him for going in that direction. Conservatives are beyond parody at this point; Stephen Colbert- caricature of a rightwing blowhard, would just be screaming Q poo poo constantly if he was an actual person and that's not funny, just bleak.

Also the environment to make news comedy, especially in the late-night talk show circuit, has changed a lot. It used to be possible to basically play around with anything, make jokes about whatever tier of news is most interesting this week, be that weird local stuff, international events, or American federal politics. It wasn't spicy, but hey, sometimes it's funny to hear about weird poo poo from Tennessee and then move on.

Then suddenly the 2016 election rolls around, and nobody dares take their eyes off The Big Story, which is the state late night's been in for four years now. In a weird way, Colbert was both perfectly suited and perfectly unsuited for this change. He had experience in doing daily political comedy, and everyone knows that; it's why specifically The Late Show had a ratings surge the moment Trump got elected. But The Late Show isn't a platform for the sort of political comedy he's known for, the audience is fundamentally different, as is his role, so it by nature ended up a whole lot more toothless and therefore less interesting.

I could also maybe theorize that Colbert as a regular person is just sort of a milquetoast Democrat who just isn't particularly strong on or invested in any issues. Which was fine for the Late Show as it looked like he'd get it, and ironically was fine for the Colbert Report because he was good at playing that character, but when late night suddenly turned into Oops All National Politics it showed that he personally didn't have a whole lot interesting to say.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

there wolf posted:

The thing to remember as well is that there is a team of writers behind all of his stuff tailoring it to the audience. His actual opinions are never really on display.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
By all accounts I've read Colbert absolutely detests Trump and everything he stands for. But he's a late night talk show host so he can only do the broadest, least-biting, written-by-committee material possible because that's what the audience expects and wants.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Weirdly Seth Meyers is kinda the one doing the anti-Trump hard rear end news stuff that it feels like Colbert should be doing.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

StillFullyTerrible posted:

You know how as the Tomb Raider games went on and on, they tried to keep Lara looking sorta like her PS1 days polygonal nightmare model, and she looked ridiculous next to other characters who looked normal? Matt Gaetz looks like if Rockstar had tried that approach with Max Payne 3.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Laura Loomer is trending on twitter atm

It's nearly 4am her timezone and I know this because it's my timezone too and I can't sleep tonight

But lol at her primary victory being this late and dumb and also she's dangerously close to catching up to Michelle Obama in mentions. And she's Laura Loomer.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Laura Loomer is trending on twitter atm

It's nearly 4am her timezone and I know this because it's my timezone too and I can't sleep tonight

But lol at her primary victory being this late and dumb and also she's dangerously close to catching up to Michelle Obama in mentions. And she's Laura Loomer.

And yet she still doesn't have her Twitter back.

:lmao:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

StillFullyTerrible posted:

hell yeah, thank you

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
not even ingame max payne, he's the max payne in the comic style cutscenes

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Anora posted:

Weirdly Seth Meyers is kinda the one doing the anti-Trump hard rear end news stuff that it feels like Colbert should be doing.

I'm not surprised on that, honestly, Late Night's legacy has basically always been 'do whatever, NBC put all their eggs in the Tonight Show's basket and anything you do is just a bonus'. The Late Show... well, didn't used to have that, Late Night's weirdness came largely from him and then being followed by Conan, but CBS sees it as a safe institution, and a lot of its personality and viewership is more because of late, 'stopped giving a poo poo' Letterman than early weirdo Letterman.

Then you've got Jimmy Kimmel, who's quite literally got his own thing going. I've never watched his show, but I do know he's found an audience by being really, truly sincere about political issues that affect him. That's technically something Colbert could've done, but he's never really done it, and I think it's because despite him being REALLY anti-Trump, he doesn't really have any strong beliefs to speak to. He agrees with the Democrat platform, but not strongly enough to be very compelling about that.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/bt_uk/status/1291348291251208195?s=21

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah BT. I remember when one of their engineers came to my company, and about half hour after he left one of my servers dropped with absolutely no warning. I go into the comms room to discover that while he was there, he decided to unplug a UPS in order to power something he needed and after the battery drained, well. So yeah, this strikes me as completely in line with how they operate.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/kat_blaque/status/1294963659299385344?s=21

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

"Your life-changing recognition of who you really are is all about meeeee!"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean Kat is also trans so I figure she probably is just slightly confused that apparently six people she has dated have gone on to transition.

Like if that happened to me I would probably start to worry it had something to do with me cos that seems like a trend, though I guess it depends how many people you date.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Yeah or she could just be proud that she maybe gets a mention in the story of someone finding a higher understanding of happiness and contentment.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Maybe she's worried they're using being close to her as a "test" to see if they really want to transition too. The date more like more like "do i want to be her" rather than "do I want to be WITH her". Its good for them to figure that out but would still kinda suck for her.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

OwlFancier posted:

I mean Kat is also trans so I figure she probably is just slightly confused that apparently six people she has dated have gone on to transition.

Like if that happened to me I would probably start to worry it had something to do with me cos that seems like a trend, though I guess it depends how many people you date.

That would be everyone I ever dated, personally.

Tho it makes sense, if you have a type, there is a chance that that type is "trans but doesn't realize yet" and you yourself don't realize. Attraction is weird.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

I am loath to make fun of anyone's appearance, but these two look like the result of exercises in drawing boardwalk caricatures. You would think they would put even *trivial* effort into looking good for official campaign photos.

They did put in the effort. This is peak attractiveness for both of them.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

OwlFancier posted:

A good friend of mine is 7 of 9 on women hes been with that later announced they were gay. Of the other two one is his ex wife that cheated on him, and his current long term girlfriend.

He has a bit of a complex about it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/1296061268160380928
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1296094948379496451

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

iwentdoodie posted:

A good friend of mine is 7 of 9 on women hes been with that later announced they were gay. Of the other two one is his ex wife that cheated on him, and his current long term girlfriend.

But Jeri Ryan's not gay, though?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
He looks more like a clothing store mannequin came to life and tried to impersonate a human but its only reference point was watching all 6 seasons of leave it to beaver.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Karia posted:

7 of 9 is though.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

The craziest magic trick the right ever pulled off was creating this overwhelming cultural view that giving a poo poo about marginalized and disadvantaged people is the ‘elitist’ position.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/mchooyah/status/1296068041571217410?s=20

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/riotribs2020/status/1296098074771591170?s=21

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Yeah or she could just be proud that she maybe gets a mention in the story of someone finding a higher understanding of happiness and contentment.
Forget about it, Jake: it's Kat Blaque.

for those not in the know, Kat is a gigantic butthole

iwentdoodie posted:

I've dated two straight girls in my entire life and both times it was disastrous and the sex was 🤷.

Tell him to try and not have a complex about it. He didn't turn them gay or anything by being a beet or anything, he might just have been cool enough that the gay girls were just like "this one is acceptable."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Karia posted:

Yeah there's no need to rub it in, rear end in a top hat