Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
hahaha WHAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
incredible

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Eyes Have It posted:

That makes more sense. I guess I assumed the VP was like any other staffer.

Nah the VP can only be removed by impeachment, but the constitution gives very little power to the office, so the pres. can just sideline them if they don’t need them to break ties in the Senate on the regular.

It’s a very recent phenomenon for the VP to get a more active role.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The Eyes Have It posted:

It occurred to me to be a little (and not in a good way) impressed with how Pence has managed to stay around. Something no one else has been able to do. He must be a suckup of the highest order. A brown-noser whose skill must border on precognition.

Evangelicals need to be able to point to him for a couple days everytime Trump does/says something they would scream bloody murder over (if he was black / non republican). After 2-3 days they forget and love Donnie again.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Shim I have a very important post for you

A box just turned up on my door:

I stared at it for a while trying to think who in NZ has my address, knows what I call him, and what it might be. I came up short, so I opened it.

You have got to be loving kidding. This box has been sitting somewhere in the USA for eight months and made its way back here?

At roughly the same time as two NZ post workers tested positive for covid? :tinfoil:

So at least it didn't get lost!!

The jerky was looking surprisingly good for 8 months old, but i threw it out regardless. Get me your details - I guess the ones you gave me were no good - and ill do more jerky and send it to you.

quoting for new page

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

The Eyes Have It posted:

It occurred to me to be a little (and not in a good way) impressed with how Pence has managed to stay around. Something no one else has been able to do. He must be a suckup of the highest order. A brown-noser whose skill must border on precognition.

Betsy DeVos is the other one who has managed to cling like a barnacle to the administration.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Ben Carson has been there from the start.

It’s possible that the oleander grift will finally unseat him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

Ben Carson has been there from the start.

It’s possible that the oleander grift will finally unseat him.

Haha drat early runner for joke of the day

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Yeah O.K. I was thinking “Carson hasn’t done anything newsworthy in literal years and Trump has no loyalty to him so why not cut him loose?”

Now that I think about DeVos and all the other crooks, Carson has some catching up to do.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Did they run out crayons?
https://twitter.com/mchooyah/status/1296068041571217410

Copy, for when he deletes it.

Edit: DAL/DL has a no fly list and has returned passengers to the gate before for stunts like this.
:allears:

Stellar Curiosity fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 19, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Stellar Curiosity posted:

Edit: DAL/DL has a no fly list and has returned passengers to the gate before for stunts like this.

It's all the weird version of MAGA virtue signaling for the grifting gram. And it leads to poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1296096716576432128?s=19

Attacking a gigantic company based out of Ohio, newly a swing state because Donnie sucks so bad, when most of their competitors are foreign.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Gonna go slash my tires to own the libs

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Print it on his tombstone.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/1296092580988551168?s=20

Also :lol:ing when I remember the time that he also whined about not being eligible for a pension and VA disability and it being Obama's fault somehow when it turned out, he just didn't bother to look into it and forgot to submit the right paperwork before he went terminal.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 19, 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I am convinced that we killed Bin Laden in a very boring way like a drone strike and just used this guy as a patsy. They just flew around afghanistan for a few hours while telling him they were going on a super secret mission into pakistan and then let this dude mag dump an already dead corpse knowing full well that he's too stupid to NOT write a book about shooting bin laden.

the dude can't figure out how to wear a beanie with ear pro. Also note that the other dudes have their plate carriers under their jacket but chest rigs on top of the jacket. Not this dude though.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Dudes can wear pro masks all day in 100+ degree heat but a medical mask will magically turn you into a pussy?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

facialimpediment posted:

It's all the weird version of MAGA virtue signaling for the grifting gram. And it leads to poo poo like this:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1296096716576432128?s=19

Attacking a gigantic company based out of Ohio, newly a swing state because Donnie sucks so bad, when most of their competitors are foreign.

Considering it's ohio, it'll likely work

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/danmacht/status...ingawful.com%2F

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

PookBear posted:

I am convinced that we killed Bin Laden in a very boring way like a drone strike and just used this guy as a patsy. They just flew around afghanistan for a few hours while telling him they were going on a super secret mission into pakistan and then let this dude mag dump an already dead corpse knowing full well that he's too stupid to NOT write a book about shooting bin laden.

Wait this guy was a seal?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

God I hate this piece of poo poo and all who voted for him

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Fuckin lmao trying to trade territories like they were baseball cards. Fuckin roflmao lemmie Like Kind exchange the Puerto Ricans I once threw a paper towel roll at.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait this guy was a seal?

not just a seal, seal team six or whatever their current cover name is

But I still think they trained him wrong, as a joke for the sole purpose of being a patsy. Best way to prove you killed Osama is have a seal write a book about how he shot bin laden and then sue him because he's not supposed to talk about it.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 19, 2020

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Wait, thats the dude who killed obl? Gotta be a PR stunt to make aq look bad

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

PookBear posted:

not just a seal, seal team six or whatever their current cover name is

But I still think they trained him wrong, as a joke for the sole purpose of being a patsy. Best way to prove you killed Osama is have a seal write a book about how he shot bin laden and then sue him because he's not supposed to talk about it.

More about Robert O’Neill. Dude has always been a shithead:

quote:

By the time Robert O’Neill entered Osama bin Laden’s bedroom in the Abbottabad compound on May 2, 2011, the al Qaeda leader was bleeding out on the floor, possibly already dead, after being shot in the chest and leg by the lead assaulter on the raid. That operator, known as Red inside the unit, is still an active-duty member of SEAL Team 6 and has never been publicly identified. O’Neill entered the room, walked over to where bin Laden lay on the floor, and shot him twice in the face. He then stood above the now indisputably dead man and canoed him, firing a round into his forehead and splitting open the top of his skull, exposing his brain. Osama bin Laden had been branded by SEAL Team 6.

quote:

Two different SEALs, Robert O’Neill and Matthew Bissonnette, have publicly taken credit for killing bin Laden. According to multiple sources, both of their accounts contain multiple self-serving falsehoods. The texture of those accounts reveals much about what went wrong with the most celebrated special operations command in the U.S. military. The falsehoods, both significant and slight, demonstrate that even when conducting the most important missions, SEAL Team 6 was unable to rise above the culture of deceit, personal enrichment, and self-aggrandizement that has corrupted a fighting unit legendary for its discipline and code of honor.
Less than a week before the assault, Bissonnette and O’Neill got into a shouting match at the Dam Neck base over who would sell the inside story of the raid. Several of their teammates on the mission had to intervene, according to a former SEAL Team 6 operator. A former SEAL Team 6 leader told me that O’Neill and Bissonnette originally agreed to cooperate on a book or movie project after the raid was over, but later had a falling out. The former SEAL leader said the extensive amount of training for the mission, combined with Bissonnette’s planning role, gave both men ample opportunity to find ways to put themselves on the third floor, in a good position to kill bin Laden.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/10/the-crimes-of-seal-team-6/

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

not only is he lying about it but him and the other dude who wrote books got in to it over business plans on monetizing the raid before they went on it according to their old teammates. fun article!

edit: WOWOWOWOW IDIOT MINDS THINK ALIKE HERE

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Conspiracy theory: Bin Laden killed himself and the raid just found his body. :tinfoil:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

More about Robert O’Neill. Dude has always been a shithead:

Every Marine a rifleman, every SEAL a PAO?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I just had a quite skim through his twitter, and... he is not a bright dude.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Where's cousin dewey, Daryl

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Man, if I was that commander I just would not have let them in on the raid if they were being that public about poo poo like that beforehand.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah, for real. O’Neill is a dumbass. The proof is all there in his twitter feed and bio.

Also in his decision to publicly proclaim himself as the one who killed OBL. Whether it’s true or not, it is just not the act of an intelligent person.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lmao arguing over who gets to write the book before he's even dead is extremely on brand.

Honestly I feel like all military novels should have say, half of the authors paycheck go towards the rest of his unit. It feels really bizarre to make money off your dead friends

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
What's the point of doing cool guy poo poo if you don't get to brag about it on fox news brah

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Every Marine a rifleman, every SEAL a PAO?

had to look up that PAO meant public affairs officer but yes lol

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

PookBear posted:

lmao arguing over who gets to write the book before he's even dead is extremely on brand.

Honestly I feel like all military novels should have say, half of the authors paycheck go towards the rest of his unit. It feels really bizarre to make money off your dead friends

All profits should go to find the VA. Also membership in special warfare units should stay classified 25 years or until the soldier's death, whichever is later.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

What's the point of doing cool guy poo poo if you don't get to brag about it on fox news brah

I thought special forces were the quiet professionals

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Just goes to show that you don't have to be a general officer to try and cash out with a book deal or cushy contractor gig.

Edit: no surprise here, but I expect a gazillion military things during the RNC, which will be fun!

https://twitter.com/jacqklimas/status/1296145047121997826?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 19, 2020

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

So here is a current event:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53825673

Mali just had a coup.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Where's cousin dewey, Daryl

The Crowes are gonna make their fortune this time, Dewey!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

ASAPI posted:

So here is a current event:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53825673

Mali just had a coup.

Ah, sacre bleu.