Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
"no I didn't mean he was a pedo guy. that's just something you call someone when you're messing around. You know: 'hey pedo guy!' or 'there goes pedo guy'".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also, the emails and tweets i sent to people saying to investigate him for being a pedophile, because i definitely and unequivocally meant that vernon unsworth is a pedophile, and also the guy i hired because he said he could prove he was, are inadmissible.

that boer was born with a horseshoe up his rear end or he's made one heck of a deal with the devil

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

"no I didn't mean he was a pedo guy. that's just something you call someone when you're messing around. You know: 'hey pedo guy!' or 'there goes pedo guy'".

"have you ever been to south africa, your honor?"
"no"
"ah aha you see it's a very well known slang term in south africa. everyone knows it. if you'd been there you'd know"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

infernal machines posted:

also, the emails and tweets i sent to people saying to investigate him for being a pedophile, because i definitely and unequivocally meant that vernon unsworth is a pedophile, and also the guy i hired because he said he could prove he was, are inadmissible.

that boer was born with a horseshoe up his rear end or he's made one heck of a deal with the devil

its blood money, op

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

deal with the devil?? no no no, it's just a simple family contract with a fellow immigrant, one Mr. LeThiel

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Carthag Tuek posted:

its blood money, op

...thiel

*spits*

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Sagebrush posted:

"have you ever been to south africa, your honor?"
"no"
"ah aha you see it's a very well known slang term in south africa. everyone knows it. if you'd been there you'd know"

Oh not in Cape Town, no, it's more of a Jo'burg expression

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

infernal machines posted:

unsworth had the worst loving attorney (lin wood)

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

FilthyImp posted:

Surprised Elon hasn't decreed the steering wheel needs a screen yet.

we all know he’d replace it with a touchscreen if he thought he could get away with it. I guess it’s reassuring to know there are limits?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

TerminalRaptor posted:

Still doesn't irk me as much as when Chrysler was sticking analog clocks in the center console

actually, i think you will find that Bentley and Rolls-Royce put analog clocks in the center console, ipso facto all Chrysler's are just as good qed

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

refleks posted:

actually, i think you will find that Bentley and Rolls-Royce put analog clocks in the center console, ipso facto all Chrysler's are just as good qed

i think infinitis have done that too

it's luxury!

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I’d rather have an analog clock than an ipad tbqh

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
toyota gets poo poo for the little vfd they had in their cars for forever, but it was a better solution than most

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/bourgeoisalien/status/748331689743650816

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

It turns out all the deaths from self-driving never resulted in the person getting to their destination

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

MomJeans420 posted:

It turns out all the deaths from self-driving never resulted in the person getting to their destination

but, but the cars don't even need a driver???? FUD

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

sad the pizza guy died on the way to bring me my pizza but at least it was free

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/fxhedgers/status/1296501349962702849

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i've already met elon stans on bumble and hinge and uhhhhhh no thank you.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

"fsd so we can gently caress in the back of my car" is certainly an interesting addition to a dating profile

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

another cool app for the thousands of thirsty incels to connect and talk about their dumb meme cars

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

- elon "the pedophile" musk, 2019

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the tesla dating app should make them delete their other accounts so everyone can be spared the tedium

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

city folk just don’t understand

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Make the app generate a non-refundable charge for each swipe for Tesla realism (and to keep out the poors, so also realism).

quote:

Users will be able to specify on their dating profiles their car's model and configuration, and will have potential matches sorted by those whose car characteristics most closely align with theirs.
"Hey you have the same floor mats as me so we must be similar in personality!"

alternately "no fatties model 3s"

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

*sigh * looks like I'm going to be "self driving" again tonight

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Platystemon posted:

unsworth had the worst loving attorney (lin wood)

it’s mostly this

a decent attorney would have challenged all the tesla owners for implied bias; “debtor and creditor” is specifically mentioned as a situation of implied bias in the california civil code

lin wood is a dumb dumb gently caress

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

[m]y sel[f]-driving taxi had a customer and he died. can I sue the estate for tips? (r/legaladvice)

NFX fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 21, 2020

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

NFX posted:

[m]y sel[f]-driving taxi had a customer and he died. can I use the estate for tips? (r/legaladvice)

just got a cold chill like an autonomous vehicle plowed into my grave

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

psiox posted:

just got a cold chill like an autonomous vehicle plowed into my grave

they never should have built that fire station on a graveyard

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
what a shameful way to notice the important typo

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

well it happened, i cracked the 15" screen on my model 3. it's not bad, and i'd definitely leave it this way for a while except it's sending button presses randomly turning on my wipers and poo poo. i went on ebay and ordered a brand new screen for $300. i'm very surprised these parts are so cheap! i watched some youtube videos of folks replacing it, should take 5-10 min.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I am legit surprised (and I actually am not like when some people say it ironically or some poo poo) that controls for navigation-essential functions like windshield wipers are gated behind a non-tactile control.

I am legitimately and sincerely amazed that a car like that can be legally sold and operated, even in the current Helldump U.S. we find ourselves in.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

well it happened, i cracked the 15" screen on my model 3. it's not bad, and i'd definitely leave it this way for a while except it's sending button presses randomly turning on my wipers and poo poo. i went on ebay and ordered a brand new screen for $300. i'm very surprised these parts are so cheap! i watched some youtube videos of folks replacing it, should take 5-10 min.

i have no idea if you're making fun of someone else or just yourself but lol

why do you continue to deal with this piece of poo poo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Nfcknblvbl posted:

lmao :yeshaha:

loving jailbreak it too, op

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Is there not a warranty? Not that they would honor it but does replacing it yourself let them off the hook for when other stuff breaks later?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my car's ipad screen broke and now it's undriveable because the emergency flashers are always on and t's constantly spraying washer fluid at me. love the car though

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

CampingCarl posted:

Is there not a warranty? Not that they would honor it but does replacing it yourself let them off the hook for when other stuff breaks later?

no way they'll replace this on good faith, it's about $1,200 through them. it's an oem part i'm getting so i'm not worried about it breaking later. heck, i might buy another one and keep it in the basement in case it breaks again

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hoarding spare parts in my root cellar for my bazinga fart noise car on the rare chance that everything breaks again before the foamed aluminum steering arms shatter and send me into a minivan full of orphans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Nfcknblvbl posted:

no way they'll replace this on good faith, it's about $1,200 through them. it's an oem part i'm getting so i'm not worried about it breaking later. heck, i might buy another one and keep it in the basement in case it breaks again

so it's not under warranty? how old is the car that this isn't covered?