Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

awesome its fixed thank

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

astral posted:

already on it, friends

thank you, you are a good egg!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

alnilam

another byob success story!

ty manifisto

astral

yeah sorry about that :)

Stoner Sloth

astral posted:

yeah sorry about that :)

no worries, these things happen and you're a braver man than I am to play around with radium of any kind, glad to have our chill colours back - i feel more relaxed already!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

deep dish peat moss

Hi byob I'm back atcha with another cat post

My cat Millie is really skittish and doesn't like being pet or touched mostly. But when she does want to be pet she will walk up to me, stare at me until I look at her, meow once, flop over on her side and then show me her belly. Then I reach down to per her and she will grab my hand with all 4 of her paws and guide it to where she wants me to pet or scratch her

And when she's done this is what she does to tell me no more

https://i.imgur.com/8HhhvFd.mp4

wearing a lampshade

Manifisto posted:

hello byob I made vietnamese soft salad rolls tonight with a peanut based dipping sauce and I ask you is there any better dish to eat on a summer night? the answer is no

Nice

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

thanks for posting everyone. i didn't have time to emptyquote you all but you're doing great. keep up the good work

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Goons Are Gifts

owlhawk911 posted:

thanks for posting everyone. i didn't have time to emptyquote you all but you're doing great. keep up the good work

Goons Are Gifts

Hello good morning I missed the byob fyad crossover due to an urgent event of sleeping but I still woke up again to post gold mango my gullnados how's it hanging

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

Hello good morning I missed the byob fyad crossover due to an urgent event of sleeping but I still woke up again to post gold mango my gullnados how's it hanging

not too bad friend, Young Frankenstein was on the TV today and it's a pretty chill evening albeit cold and rainy

hope you are having a top tier mango yourself!

Goons Are Gifts

Ok I was having an intense conversation about dune just now and I wanted to show off my knowledge by demonstrating the last dune threads we had in byob, but I can't find them in the byob goldmine, where are the dune threads?? Are they not goldmined?? I remember at least one or two from like a year or two ago that definitely should be goldmined. But I also might be very blind, can someone help me find the spice

nut

vanisher posted:

am... I posting in fyad right now

fanks, you are dazzling

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
fyad is the creep from starcraft

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

Ok I was having an intense conversation about dune just now and I wanted to show off my knowledge by demonstrating the last dune threads we had in byob, but I can't find them in the byob goldmine, where are the dune threads?? Are they not goldmined?? I remember at least one or two from like a year or two ago that definitely should be goldmined. But I also might be very blind, can someone help me find the spice

i found one for ya mate! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904953&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Goons Are Gifts

We definitely were too high to goldmine that one. Fixed that, thank you! What a great thread

blaise rascal

cda posted:

Ey Blaise Rascal, didn't you do a BYOB ragtime a bunch of years back? Did that happen?
Yes! That was like 7 years ago. Though, it was actually two songs - one about byob and one that was a ragtime (about the weed rear end).
https://soundcloud.com/user-934036962/im-certainly-living-a-weed-rear end-life
https://soundcloud.com/user-934036962/music-cant-save-this-forum
(I should mention that the weed rear end song is a real ragtime song, and I just modified the lyrics)
I'm not sure if these songs are even remotely listenable now but I remember being really proud of them back in the day

e: I can type out the lyrics if there's interest

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Aug 20, 2020

blaise rascal

Maybe it's time I reupload all the music I've made for byob over the years. It has all been gone since 2018, when tindeck got deleted.

Manifisto

deep dish peat moss posted:

Hi byob I'm back atcha with another cat post

My cat Millie is really skittish and doesn't like being pet or touched mostly. But when she does want to be pet she will walk up to me, stare at me until I look at her, meow once, flop over on her side and then show me her belly. Then I reach down to per her and she will grab my hand with all 4 of her paws and guide it to where she wants me to pet or scratch her

And when she's done this is what she does to tell me no more

https://i.imgur.com/8HhhvFd.mp4

lol

ty nesamdoom!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Goons Are Great posted:

I assigned someone a Dune thread in my trip report thread, but they didn't do it =\

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

vanisher

:icedcoffeepal:

vanisher

Oh no

MostlyRandom

Prof. Crocodile posted:

wait hold on dude did you say that the lighthouse was based on a true strory? pls provide deets!

loosely based/ inspired by
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smalls_Lighthouse
scroll down to the lighthouse tragedy

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/smalls-lighthouse-pembrokeshire-wales-coast-18033286

MostlyRandom fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 20, 2020

MostlyRandom

alnilam posted:

I feel like i never shut up about the vvitch but its by the same director (the LLighthouse is only his second feature film!) and it is a contender for my top movie of its decade, if you lliked the LLighthouse then vvatch the vvitch

Will definitely check it out thanks

Goons Are Gifts

Chewbecca posted:

I assigned someone a Dune thread in my trip report thread, but they didn't do it =\

Oh no! We should fix that in a community effort

beer pal

the vvitch rules so does the lighthouse (big fan of lighthouses over here) just googled what the director eggers is up to --> It was announced in October 2019 that Robert Eggers would direct and write, alongside Sjón, a film that was described as a Viking revenge film. Nicole Kidman, Alexander Skarsgård, Anya Taylor-Joy, Bill Skarsgård, and Willem Dafoe were in talks to join the film.[1] They would all be confirmed in December, along with the addition of Claes Bang to the cast.[2] In August 2020, Björk and Kate Dickie joined the cast of the film.[3]

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

wearing a lampshade

no mads huh

Stooge

hey byob I miss u

I quit my job to go work in a brewery and now I can't goof off on my phone reading SA too much.

live trashed cru work trashed cru die trashed cru

love u

Escape From Noise

Stooge posted:

hey byob I miss u

I quit my job to go work in a brewery and now I can't goof off on my phone reading SA too much.

love u

Nice. I am trying to figure out what I should do brewery job wise. What size are ya? Doing lots of packaging?

Stooge

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Nice. I am trying to figure out what I should do brewery job wise. What size are ya? Doing lots of packaging?

Tiny little craft beer place. Doing lots of packaging at the moment, but hopefully I'll get to do some brewing one day.

Are you in the industry yet?

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
im poasting from my IBM Thinkpad running Windows 2000 rn. the future is here, and it is beautiful, friends

cda

by Hand Knit

Stooge posted:

hey byob I miss u

love u

do youg et free beer

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit
teting something

g

cda fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 20, 2020

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

Stooge posted:

Tiny little craft beer place. Doing lots of packaging at the moment, but hopefully I'll get to do some brewing one day.

Are you in the industry yet?

Yeah, well sorta. I worked at a 25 barrel brewery in Seattle for a bit over a year doing mostly cellar work, then I got a head brewer position at a really tiny place in Osaka two years ago and quit after a year and change to be head brewer at another place but have been waiting for the brewing license for a year at this point so starting get restless looking for another brewing gig.

Goons Are Gifts

Do you guys have houseplants? Tell me about your plant friends!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
today in things i didn't know: RZA of the wu-tang clan released a guided meditation and it feels quite BYOB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su-CxiCWpKQ

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

astral

postin’

Musluk

astral posted:

postin’

Vanisheerrrrrr!!!

Prof. Crocodile

Goons Are Great posted:

i do not have houseplants but i do have a south-facing balcony and i am trying to get some fruits and veggies ready for a fall harvest. i have not grown veggies in this climate before so idk if they are doing well or not.

i have leeks, strawberries, brussels sprouts, haricots vert, some kinda heirloom tomatoes, serrano chiles, rosemary, and spearmint. if you would like i can give them humorous names like reggie and geraldine, but i don't really like to do that because it makes it weird when i eat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer pal

Goons Are Great posted:

my top 3 plants that ive got are my gigantic dieffenbachia thats almost touching the ceiling, my monstera that i raised from a leafless twig, and my pothos taken from a cutting that almost died like three times but is now thriving

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png