Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's very much a chill out menu game with light platforming. Skill ceiling shouldn't be an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbflbBmhl4

Showcasing the UI. Surprise: It's like the last one, except a little cleaner. Animated backgrounds.

Oh, and captured videos can now get sent to your phone.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hope they fixed the thing where you can't trim captured clips without using a 3rd party app.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I just want audio options to be available in the pause menu instantly and not on the rightmost tab :sigh: PS4 also lets you do a full shutdown from the pause menu without going deep into settings

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I just want to be able to capture gameplay in chunks bigger than 5 minutes. :(

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sounds like you want an ElGato HDMI to USB capture device.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Is the Xbox console companion still available for download? I found it on my computer trying to figure out how to stream games from my PC to my xbox without a wifi card, and it doesn't work that direction but iirc it was pretty good at recording xbox footage. Presumably it has been discontinued and replaced with something much worse.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I used a 3rd party app on macOS to stream to my computer as a sort of bootleg rear end solution before I bought a proper capture card. I'm guessing(?) Microsoft quietly killed the feature on Windows but it might still be possible through another means.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pretty sure it's still in Win10

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

American McGay posted:

Hope they fixed the thing where you can't trim captured clips without using a 3rd party app.

what?

on the xbox there is upload studio that allows you to trim and combine clips and do voice overs and poo poo.

if you are on a the xbox app on a mobile device, at least in iOS you can save the file to your camera roll and then edit it in photos.app

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Akuma posted:

I just want to be able to capture gameplay in chunks bigger than 5 minutes. :(

is the ps4 the only console that lets you record up to an hour?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I used the term 3rd party app when I just meant "another bloated thing". You used to be able to just trim the clip right there as you're viewing it but they broke that a few updates ago. I've used Upload Studio in the past but I wasn't happy about it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

i was going to say something about the useless HDMI-in being better off as a second HDMI-out so you could run a capture card without affecting input lag but then i looked up how capture cards work and it sounds like they dont introduce lag on the primary display, only the capture is delayed slightly.

the more you know.

I mean still a better solution is just build it all in to the console but $$$$

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah what the Xbox consoles need is more useless poo poo to jack up the price

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theyre already offloading recording to hardware anyway and they should be able to capture longer clips fine, like rinkles said the ps4 can do 1 hour and theres no reason the xbox shouldnt be able to do the same, theyre using the same stuff to do it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its been years but I recall the base Bone not having some chip built in (h.somenumber) so it would never be able to as effeciently capture as the PS4 and that was the clip length issue

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
PS4 has a dedicated chip for encoding video (streaming) but I don't know if it's the same thing it uses for clip capture and the Xbox probably has something similar if not exactly the same.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its just the gpu, its the same thing you use on pc for shadowplay or whatever its called and relive. they have the same family chip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Coding_Engine

its why they can both do it with 0 performance impact

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Apparently Battletoads isn't that bad.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I refuse to believe any beatemup is good but I still got it preinstalled because I have a soft spot for those gross toads. <3 rash.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Luckily it's not really a beat em up and more a weird rear end collection of vehicle platforming and minigames.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

Luckily it's not really a beat em up and more a weird rear end collection of vehicle platforming and minigames.

Just like the original battletoads, then

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats the exact score bad games from large publishers get unless theyre literally broken lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

People are just happy its not a disaster like it looked

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The arcade Battletoads game was very mediocre. People always praise it but playing it on Rare Replay it was just way too long and didn't standout that much besides gore and it's strong "'90s American Biker Aesthetic".

Stux posted:

thats the exact score bad games from large publishers get unless theyre literally broken lol

Ehh, for AAA productions that's absolutely true, but indie games are rated a bit more fair.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nah 65-70 is a bad game no matter who made it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, its a bad game. Don't care the budget, its a bad one unless you are a real diehard for the genre.

We can all pretend it could have scored 40 but scores really don't go below 65 without something tremendously functionally wrong with it

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

American McGay posted:

well you're in luck then ( ͡• ͜ʖ ͡• )

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

battletoads was always a bad game, the idea they'd suddenly make a good one was always fuckin insane

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Is it actually bad? Reviews seem kinda all over the place instead of all landing on mediocre. The ACG guy said the first hour was really poor but then it completely shifts gears and becomes very good, and ehhh... do I really want to risk an hour? Maybe?

quote:

battletoads was always a bad game, the idea they'd suddenly make a good one was always fuckin insane
Not exactly? Battletoads was a lot of fun in some levels, and aggressively terrible in others. A version of the game that cut out the memorization/hyper-reflex levels would have probably been great, the problem is that version didn't exist and the level with the rollers is just completely anti-fun.

Zachack fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 20, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Gamers.txt

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

American McGay posted:

I don't want to live in a world where Big Bo's Binary Domain is a bad game.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Boooo

Can't check until later but I assume this means they're taking it away from me.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Wait, what.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Akuma posted:

Boooo

Can't check until later but I assume this means they're taking it away from me.

I just got the same email. The game no longer launches.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The digital-only future baby!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its somehow always Silent Hill games

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
This might mean that Sony is actually buying the SH franchise

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

American McGay posted:

I know this game is attempting to pay tribute to the original but maybe they should have focused on making one thing that looked and felt good to play instead of a half dozen minigames that look awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Terminally Bored posted:

This might mean that Sony is actually buying the SH franchise

Homecoming and the HD Collection are both available digitally. Downpour was accidentally relisted with several other games when Microsoft changed their BC store backend. I think there's licensed music in Downpour, or something?