Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Nanigans posted:

I know my collection isn't really what most of this thread is into, but I finally got a couple of figures I was waiting on and got my Detolfs set up how I wanted:

I don't think there's another toy thread in the forums so your collection is as good as anyone else's here :)

It's a good collection and the setup is much better than anything I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I love that line of Gokus.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
That's a really good setup.

I'm guessing you can answer the question I've had for a while, which hair Goku is the most powerful one now?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Silver is his Ultra Instinct form. If you don’t like these, then Dragon Ball Z/Super probably isn’t for you.

This the tease where he hasn’t fully attained the form.

https://youtu.be/Ds0USf-JARQ

Full powered form

https://youtu.be/foJJ0I_Guh8

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 19, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They added a final unlockable to the Sentinel for a last push.

16k backers unlocks a Tri-Sentinel head. It's currently at 14.6k.

That means if you want to display each head variation you need to buy 6 Sentinels.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Open Marriage Night posted:

Silver is his Ultra Instinct form. If you don’t like these, then Dragon Ball Z/Super probably isn’t for you.

This the tease where he hasn’t fully attained the form.

https://youtu.be/Ds0USf-JARQ

Full powered form

https://youtu.be/foJJ0I_Guh8

I only watched the original version of Z up to the end of the Cell Saga so everything in the franchise before and after those end points is completely baffling and foreign to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This Target has 5 Cobra Island Roadblocks.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Open Marriage Night posted:

I love that line of Gokus.

Those're WCT figures. They're pretty nice for the size/price. About $12 at retail, 2" or so, and really nicely detailed.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. :unsmith:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Every collection is welcome here!! :)

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Nanigans posted:

I know my collection isn't really what most of this thread is into, but I finally got a couple of figures I was waiting on and got my Detolfs set up how I wanted:

Nice! My collection is pretty sparse and I mostly lurk the thread but you and I have the most overlap I think. Pretty much all I have is Dragonball Figuarts and Revoltech Gurren Lagann, with a stray MonsterArts Godzilla and a couple Gundams. Got a few WCFs on my desk too!

Waiting on that Oozaru Vegeta to come in and gently caress up my whole set up...

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Nice! My collection is pretty sparse and I mostly lurk the thread but you and I have the most overlap I think. Pretty much all I have is Dragonball Figuarts and Revoltech Gurren Lagann, with a stray MonsterArts Godzilla and a couple Gundams. Got a few WCFs on my desk too!

Waiting on that Oozaru Vegeta to come in and gently caress up my whole set up...

I slimmed down the Dragon Ball collection a few months back, and I think I did it just in time. That Vegeta is no joke. He needs a whole Detolf shelf to himself!

There have been some non-Revoltech Gurren Lagann figures coming out lately that look ridiculously nice, but have some hefty price tags. I'm happy with my collection, but they're tempting...

It's close to $250 before shipping, though...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Aphrodite posted:

They added a final unlockable to the Sentinel for a last push.

16k backers unlocks a Tri-Sentinel head. It's currently at 14.6k.

That means if you want to display each head variation you need to buy 6 Sentinels.

Or... 4?

The Tri-Head is a specific sentinel head look, the head itself is the display, the faces are supposed to rotate as needed. Kinda loses something without the wings it's supposed to have, though.

Rhyno posted:

This Target has 5 Cobra Island Roadblocks.

Can you please grab me one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I will stop by again tomorrow.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Looks like Baroness is finally starting to show up state side. But they are being snatched up big time by the scalpers :negative:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Just be patient with GI Joe classified all this stuff is gonna be easy to find down the line. People getting some serious fomo over this stuff. By 2021 everyone will be so over Target’s 20th Cobra Island restock.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is probably true. The previously stupid hard to get Seeker 2 pack just restocked at stores all over the country and online.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I cannot verify if this is true or not, but someone posted on a facebook group that these are set a certain way in Targets system to have them auto order / restock once sold out.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Just be patient with GI Joe classified all this stuff is gonna be easy to find down the line. People getting some serious fomo over this stuff. By 2021 everyone will be so over Target’s 20th Cobra Island restock.

I feel like Baroness is the Darth Maul of 2020...

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

In all my ML collecting, I don't recall store exclusives ever really getting restocked. So I'm skeptical this dumb Cobra Island line will buck that trend. I can see these figures get re-released with different decos in the main line. This more classic Baroness is an obvious redeco for the real one they intend to release based off the promo art. But this is going to be the Baroness everyone wants instead.

I had no idea G.I. Joe would be so popular in 2020 after being close to dead for 2.5 decades.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There was a 4 inch figure line that was pretty big in the early 2010’s

Plus there was a couple of big budget movies and a new film coming out soon

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I gotta dig around, but I might be able to scrounge up another ~$100 for destro.

Again, I have done NO RESEARCH on this, I just know that the baroness figure looks cool, and I still hate myself for missing out on the Cobra Commander that had the faceplate and the globe squishing hand.

You can drop me a PM if you decide to sell em. If you find a buyer willing to throw a ton of cash at you, dude go for it, I'm not gonna be upset.

They are going for 250-350 each on ebay right now. I've got a set of them as well because I love that baroness figure, hard not to sell them though.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Counterpoint:
I have still never seen a Red Hulk, and his price was stupid, went down mildly, but is still stupid.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'll be honest, I never find anything decent for any lines out here in the Chicago area. 9 times out of 10 the shelves at all the Targets/ Walmarts have been picked clean except for a handful of peg warms. Now that I think about it the only time I find any decent exclusives is when I go to Gamestop, but their markup is always too high.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

JT Smiley posted:

I'll be honest, I never find anything decent for any lines out here in the Chicago area. 9 times out of 10 the shelves at all the Targets/ Walmarts have been picked clean except for a handful of peg warms. Now that I think about it the only time I find any decent exclusives is when I go to Gamestop, but their markup is always too high.

Yeah that has mostly been my experience as well. I have gotten most of what I got either by ordering online or my friend who lives in a more rural area has picked them up for me. Only stuff I have had real problems with is the Walgreens exclusives.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

JT Smiley posted:

My experiences of the greater Chicago area have been fine so long as you’re out in St Charles or so.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Me: I scored a Beach Head!
You: What about Baroness and a Cobra Trooper?
Me: It is an ongoing process SHUT UP.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ROADBLOCKS WERE ALL GONE I will check another Target tomorrow.

So I've put my checklist together and I want my vintage MOTU back. If any of you guys want to sell off large lots for not stupid ebay prices hit me up.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Dawgstar posted:

Me: I scored a Beach Head!
You: What about Baroness and a Cobra Trooper?
Me: It is an ongoing process SHUT UP.

*shakes fist from the canada*

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bought a MOTU Mega Construx set from Amazon Warehouse for half price and it's real cool! And Roton's disc spins when you roll him!

Really need that Grayskull set to drop back down in price again

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Toyark/status/1296491146470928384?s=20

No "Scream" branding on package

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
Classified Storm Shadow is back up on amazon at $20 for mid September.

https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Class...97945417&sr=8-2

Edit: gone

Captain Morose fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 20, 2020

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Presumably because that mask has been sold at Party City and other Halloween stores since the '80s.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Fuzz posted:

Counterpoint:
I have still never seen a Red Hulk, and his price was stupid, went down mildly, but is still stupid.

I saw exactly one back in the day, which I bought. Him and the metalized Mando are the only non-Neca Target exclusives that I've ever seen just one of in the wild. Hell, I even saw the ER seekers more than once (though not since).

I want Baroness, yes, but if I can't get her for retail it won't be the end of the world.

Now, if she glowed in the dark, that'd be a different story.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Shiftypenguin posted:

I saw exactly one back in the day, which I bought. Him and the metalized Mando are the only non-Neca Target exclusives that I've ever seen just one of in the wild. Hell, I even saw the ER seekers more than once (though not since).

I want Baroness, yes, but if I can't get her for retail it won't be the end of the world.

Now, if she glowed in the dark, that'd be a different story.

Carbonized Mando I had to buy on eBay for double the price. :smith:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Captain Morose posted:

Classified Storm Shadow is back up on amazon at $20 for mid September.

https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Class...97945417&sr=8-2

Edit: gone

This is fine. I'm absolutely inches away from collecting these things (they look awesome) and I don't need the temptation.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My Mafex Batman Hush came in, and he is SUPER good. I took some photos but it really doesn't do him justice!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Yup. Easily my favorite Batman figure ever (until the black one is out next year and replaces it)

I don’t think I’ll ever need another comic book inspired Batman figure. Though I’m totally down for more Mafex figures based on the DCAU and the new The Batman movie.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat they need to license the sixth scale version of that cape to sideshow or hot toys. That's awesome!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The cape is indeed awesome. And yeah, this is pretty much a definitive Batman figure for me. Don't see any need to ever get another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Well i bit the bullet and just got storm shadow on ebay. No too bad only about 20 over retail when considering i dont have Amazon free shipping.

Also what kind of witchcraft is that batman cape?!