Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

So how many of Donnies campaign managers have been arrested now, just him and manafort?

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/status/1296475788594814979?s=19

Lewandowski (#1) also got popped for assault on a reporter which got dropped and he basically got fired for it. Kellyanne Conway is still clean, as is Parscale (just scummy) and Stepien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

facialimpediment posted:

Don't expect a pardon here. If there's one thing that Donnie can't stand, it's people on the sidelines grifting on his name, then getting in trouble for it. It's like the equivalent of a mob associate not kicking a taste up to the boss.

Donnie's already pulling the COFFEE BOY COFFEE BOY act, even though they call each other off and on. Now if Bannon starts making squealing noises like Stone did? Now we're talking.

Yo, isn't Audrey Strauss SDNY?

That's a state thing, right?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

not caring here posted:

Yo, isn't Audrey Strauss SDNY?

That's a state thing, right?

Nope, federal. The action is in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.

General speculation is that this is why Barr wanted to put a crony into SDNY - to stop any potential Donnie-adjacent actions like this one. When Berman got canned, he rose an unholy poo poo storm because this Bannon case has been in the works since October. Audrey Strauss was his deputy, and a straight shooter, and Berman only relented once Barr agreed to put Strauss in charge.

The tax returns poo poo with Cy Vance that just got tossed today is a state action, but was in federal court because Donnie's trying to use federal law to wiggle out of a state subpoena.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Sacrist65 posted:

Is it possible for Bannon to be pardoned before a conviction?

Yes. However, accepting the pardon means you can't claim the 5th when questioned about those matters.

(The bit about the 5th is the grain of truth behind the urban legend that accepting a pardon means accepting/admitting/acknowledging guilt)

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

facialimpediment posted:

Nope, federal. The action is in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.

This season of Billions is getting straight up weird.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm looking forward to when my now 4 year old is in history class in high school, studying 2020, coming home to ask me, "Dad, what the gently caress happened that year?"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Leavemywife posted:

I'm looking forward to when my now 4 year old is in history class in high school, studying 2020, coming home to ask me, "Dad, what the gently caress happened that year?"

No history class is going to get that far.

I asked my parents about 1968 once and they said “it felt like the world was ending” and that sounds about right.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Going forward, parents will have to sign a contract to guarantee their children's future service in the military to receive subsidized lunches

Jokes on them, the Selective Service Act already guarantees their children's future military careers.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/RupertMyers/status/1296388400631644161?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's no George Costanza in balaclava

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/TheViewFromLL2/...ingawful.com%2F

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

joat mon posted:

(The bit about the 5th is the grain of truth behind the urban legend that accepting a pardon means accepting/admitting/acknowledging guilt)

Motion to change forum background forever.

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

OK, welp.

My first day of in-person classes was yesterday. The administration never explicitly told me I was responsible for dividing my classes so that each day some are in class and the rest are on zoom. They did all wear masks at least.

Then this morning I get an email from a student that she was exposed to COVID at her mom's tattoo shop (Sturgis bike event) and will be quarantining. One day. And my colleagues have received similar emails from students. One day. Another colleague said that he was teaching in one of the big classrooms where every other chair had a garbage bag over it. Student comes in, sans mask, and sits in one the bagged chairs.

This is not a big school. But it will be UNC anyway.

There's been an uptick in COVID cases since Sturgis, shocking, right? My kid starts school September 8th. I can't homeschool her because of the mixed teaching model I am working with. Clusterfuck does not begin to describe it.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Burning Beard posted:

OK, welp.

My first day of in-person classes was yesterday. The administration never explicitly told me I was responsible for dividing my classes so that each day some are in class and the rest are on zoom. They did all wear masks at least.

Then this morning I get an email from a student that she was exposed to COVID at her mom's tattoo shop (Sturgis bike event) and will be quarantining. One day. And my colleagues have received similar emails from students. One day. Another colleague said that he was teaching in one of the big classrooms where every other chair had a garbage bag over it. Student comes in, sans mask, and sits in one the bagged chairs.

There's been an uptick in COVID cases since Sturgis, shocking, right? My kid starts school September 8th. I can't homeschool her because of the mixed teaching model I am working with. Clusterfuck does not begin to describe it.

I saw somebody post that Arrested Development bit about "it never works but people always delude themselves into thinking it might... but you know, it might work for us" with the caption "schools opening while watching all the other schools opening and immediately closing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po4adxJxqZk

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

Notahippie posted:

I saw somebody post that Arrested Development bit about "it never works but people always delude themselves into thinking it might... but you know, it might work for us" with the caption "schools opening while watching all the other schools opening and immediately closing"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po4adxJxqZk

Holy poo poo that is so true. The students are, at least in my courses, trying to comply. But it WILL spread. Does Vodka help?

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Burning Beard posted:

Holy poo poo that is so true. The students are, at least in my courses, trying to comply. But it WILL spread. Does Vodka help?

For a specific value of help. I had a buddy who was a sub officer who once said "the thing about alcohol is that it doesn't solve your problems, but it makes them funny"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Vodka doesn't solve any problems, but it does help you stop thinking about them.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Thought that was tequila

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Burning Beard posted:

I mean if you misted it over the kids it might help kill the virus right?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Just smoke weed and take acid, booze sucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Madurai posted:

Jokes on them, the Selective Service Act already guarantees their children's future military careers.

Listen here, smart aleck,

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Burning Beard posted:

Something like everclear could sanitize something, but everclear is also hilariously flammable because it's 95% alcohol. Vodka won't sanitize things because it's 80 proof or 40% alcohol.

If you mean for drinking? yeah either of those things will help hide the problem from your brain, but be especially careful with everclear if you can drink it lol, 190 horsepower isn't something to gently caress with.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Syrian Lannister posted:

Thought that was tequila

Vodka makes you not care about problems
Tequila makes you angry at them

Mixing them makes you try to CIA brainwashed assassin kill them.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
If you're trying to solve problems, you need a plan. Planning requires thinking. Gin is the thinking person's liquor.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Burning Beard posted:

OK, welp.

Our first day (Monday) a frat house had 13 cases. One of my instructors is in isolation while he figures out if someone he was in contact with has Covid or just a flu. We are doing the rotating groups for lecture as well, but the instructor is recording them anyway and since there is no attendance I'm not going. Most of the students I've seen have been wearing masks at least, I have seen a handful in the union not wearing any though. I feel like the "wear a mask, social distance and wash your hands" was not meant as a hard fast rule though but more guide lines. Like "I have to buy groceries" ok wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands. Not lets bring thousands of students back to campus and just have them wear a mask, distance and wash hands.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TradocDCG/status/1296477169108094977?s=20

Expecting the USAF to take this literally and amend 36-2903 to only allow Toaster Pastries in your snack pocket.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 20, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lmao let someone not in that pr video get caught with a toaster pastry in there

Also toaster pastries suck toaster strudels own, but you cant fit one of those in there.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

orange juche posted:

Also toaster pastries suck toaster strudels own, but you cant fit one of those in there.

Suggested improvement: Built in strudel heater for the pocket.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

piL posted:

If you're trying to solve problems, you need a plan. Planning requires thinking. Gin is the thinking person's liquor.

:hai:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

What? I've been thinking about it a lot.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

piL posted:

This is literally how I got a PhD.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

piL posted:

What? I've been thinking about it a lot.

It's a post in agreement

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

BUG JUG posted:

This is literally how I got a PhD.

Same

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

piL posted:

Gin is the thinking man's liquor, but scotch is the DOING man's liquor. :chord:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

BigDave posted:

I've been thinking, you do you.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BigDave posted:

and this gives you both

https://www.thespruceeats.com/smoky-martini-recipe-760122

Ingredients
2 1/2 ounces gin
Dash of Scotch whisky
Garnish: lemon twist
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.

Pour the gin and scotch into a mixing glass filled with ice.

Stir well.

Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.

Serve and enjoy!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I've been looking for a new hangover, think I'll try it this weekend!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

10 years from now? History classes will probably stop right around the first gulf war.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Super simple and it will get you lit for sure. Don't use cheap booze though because you don't have anything to mask it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

piL posted:

Unknown Hinson may be a shitbag but I will still feel gratitude for introducing the phrase "pine cone liquor" to my daily vocab