Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Endless Trash posted:

Also they DO have big noses. (Ferengis I mean!)

Yes but a different kind of big nose. Totally not anti-Semitic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Roddenberry took a lot of swings before he finally hit with the borg. Remember those claymation bugs? They were supposed to be the overarching antagonist for at least two seasons!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

zoux posted:

They have big ears because they are erogenous zones that are often publicly masturbated, it's nothing creepy at all

Sorry, do you mean the Ferengi or...?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They went from Barbarian Hordes when they were invented (as a replacement for klingons - really nothing antisemitic in sight) to 20th Century American Capitalism which ehhhhh maybe someone should have said we can't go that way because they already have big noses, but a lot of people just wouldn't have thought that way.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Interestingly the DS9 creators say the Ferengi were intended to be a mockery of 20th century humanity in general.

Quark's actor disagrees they're a specific stereotype. https://www.player.one/are-ferengi-jewish-star-trek-deep-space-nine-cast-quark-armin-shimerman-118548

“In America, people ask ‘Do the Ferengi represent Jews?’ In England, they ask ‘Do the Ferengi represent the Irish?’ In Australia, they ask if the Ferengi represent the Chinese,” Shimerman said. “The Ferengi represent the outcast… it’s the person who lives among us that we don’t fully understand.”

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

Roddenberry took a lot of swings before he finally hit with the borg. Remember those claymation bugs? They were supposed to be the overarching antagonist for at least two seasons!

Ahahaha i just remembered them blowing the guy's face up with their phasers. what a wild ep

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

Ahahaha i just remembered them blowing the guy's face up with their phasers. what a wild ep

Oh hell yeah that episode is great.

Like you're expecting a normal episode and then they go warp speed into the john carpenter zone.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

We are the Federation, the galaxy's most peaceful and enlightened society. Set phasers to "peel skin off face then make head explode"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zoux posted:

We are the Federation, the galaxy's most peaceful and enlightened society. Set phasers to "peel skin off face then make head explode"

I mean...

Granted they blew his head up when he had just eaten a bug and his neck was bulging out but I feel like retrospectively it was entirely justified.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

OwlFancier posted:

I mean...

Granted they blew his head up when he had just eaten a bug and his neck was bulging out but I feel like retrospectively it was entirely justified.

I used to watch TNG religiously with my father and younger brothers and holy poo poo did that one throw us all for a loop

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8efw7S_0fo&t=3s

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Jesus, someone is going to accidentally fall down an elevator shift and onto some bullets.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icRRMjTJyu4

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

why do people hate ben shapiro besides his conservative views

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

rap music posted:

Well, in the states it's not "keep 2m away from people to avoid spreading the roni to them" it's "keep 2 ben shapiros between you to stop you gettin the roni"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

rap music posted:

His "conservative views" are literally 100% of his existence as a human being. He is an elemental of terrible takes.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

rap music posted:

I’m not sure how else to evaluate him, positively or negatively. Does he have other traits?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Like you would think the ferengi would be super into unions, since as a proud, greedy people they would obviously want to extract maximum possible payment for their labour.

The point isn’t to share the wealth; it’s to compete and exploit for maximum personal profitability, then tell everyone you crushed that it’s nothing personal. It’s like you don’t even capitalism.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

christmas boots posted:

I’m not sure how else to evaluate him, positively or negatively. Does he have other traits?

He’s little... also a monster. Could fit in your pocket. He’s a pocket monster. Ben Shapiro is a Pokémon.
Here’s a really long video about it for you to not watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDMjgOYOcDw

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

rap music posted:

You realise he makes a living as a political commentator right? That's like asking why do people hate Mark Zuckerberg besides his Facebook poo poo, or why people hate Nickelback besides their generic boring rear end music

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

rap music posted:

Lemme ask a harder question: What is there to like?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

rap music posted:

He's a sarcastic know it all weener

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

He also a guy who makes his living smugly talking poo poo, and somehow does so successfully with an incredibly stereotypical nerdlinger voice. Like, listen to dude talk for 5 minutes and you will be filled with the urge to give him a swirlie.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
All you need to know about Ben Shapiro is that he doesn't know pussies get wet and also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-w-pdqwiBw

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

zoux posted:

ew lol ok thanks

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

All you need to know about Ben Shapiro is that he doesn't know pussies get wet and also this:

if you think i'm dumb enough to click an anime avatar video about ben shapiro boy,

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

rap music posted:

He prides himself on being an expert debater but actually sucks at it and repeatedly buckles under the slightest pressure.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

harris bomber guy really is the best bomber guy.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Jabberlock posted:

He prides himself on being an expert debater but actually sucks at it and repeatedly buckles under the slightest pressure.

Yeap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRF3r3zUGqk

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

jesus WEP posted:

if you think i'm dumb enough to click an anime avatar video about ben shapiro boy,

It's safe. I'm a certified anime hater.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tree Bucket posted:

My kid is 9 and says they want an "It is Wednesday my Dudes" birthday party. I am not sure what that means.
My wife just realised her birthday was on wednesday this year and is gutted

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

rap music posted:

Isn't that enough?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

way older than this, I think I faked being asleep to watch TV in my room after hours.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

OwlFancier posted:

Oh hell yeah that episode is great.

Like you're expecting a normal episode and then they go warp speed into the john carpenter zone.

Yeah as a child that episode was pretty creepy. Off the regular rails for sure.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

amateur. They always linger at the closed door for at least a minute or so. You have to wait 5-10 minutes with no sounds at all to really be in the clear.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

christmas boots posted:

He plays violin.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That was a drat good run of lols