Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Mister Facetious posted:

So the Sands of Inaros quest has bugged the gently caress out for me.

I was on the third set of kill targets before I stopped playing, and now that I'm back, the urn has the wraps back on it, so it's not even showing the loving glyphs anymore.

Considering I can't do the umbral Excalibur quest without completing it, does anyone know if buying the Warframe will complete it for me, or is it straight hosed?

Check things like what quest you have active. IIRC the urn is dormant if Sand of Inaros is not your current quest.

Nothing in the Sacrifice should care about if you've done Sand of Inaros? You should be able to switch fine.

Buying the warframe will not complete the quest.

File a support ticket. DE's support is usually not awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

BMan posted:

"I Graded All 1806 Confirmed Helminth Ability Combos": 35 minutes

"Lets Talk About The Helminth Nerfs": 1 hour 24

This is the stupidest poo poo.

Yesterday: "I can't believe they're giving us Roar and Warcry and Eclipse! That's gonna be gamebreaking!"

Today: "NERF NERF NERF DE IS SUCH poo poo HOW DARE THEY"

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

So in two hours now.

So is that twitch or what.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Moon Monster posted:

So is that twitch or what.

Yes, and you must link your twitch and warframe accounts

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

People are enormous babies about nerfs in video games in general when they are usually for the best. Warframe has always had a major power creep problem; no need to add to that further. It's especially ridiculous when these are nerfs to things nobody has even gotten a chance to use and grow accustomed to yet.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I'm just amused anyone would be upset about it, did they honestly *not* expect DE to go after the no-brainers?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Watch this stream for a Warframe slot: https://www.twitch.tv/warframe

Note: Stream is turbofucked right now, we're 18 minutes in and she's still trying to get it working reliably

Also I managed to confirm yesterday that you can double up on drops from the Warframe and WarframeInternational channels, I got 2x Ash Systems. WarframeInternational streams less often, though.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

give me that heavy blade kanabo skin immediately

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tylana posted:

Check things like what quest you have active. IIRC the urn is dormant if Sand of Inaros is not your current quest.

Nothing in the Sacrifice should care about if you've done Sand of Inaros? You should be able to switch fine.

Quest is Active, urn has always been equipped in my gear, and when you view it in the orbiter, it's wrapped up, even though it wasn't before I stopped playing.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Wait heavy blade kanabo skin? I need pictures, pictures of spiderma- kanabos

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Obanakk

also, they're adding the night haunter wings sydana for the nidus skin they added a while back. they're relaxing some of their design rules so that some of the wackier elements of some skins can make it in now, too.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Babe Magnet posted:

also, they're adding the night haunter wings sydana for the nidus skin they added a while back. they're relaxing some of their design rules so that some of the wackier elements of some skins can make it in now, too.

oh cool, i tuned out as soon as i saw there weren't any new Nidus skins and completely missed this

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wait is there a list of the ones they revealed

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Not yet but there'll be one by the end of the evening.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
here is the new tennogen https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1215384-tennogen-round-19-accepted-items/

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Really liking Mag Corpra and the Undercutter.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
aw was hoping the kanabo wasn't tennogen.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
People who've gone through Steel Path, is it possible to reach Sedna quickly via the Jupiter --> Europa --> Void --> Sedna route, or do you have to go all way through Saturn/Uranus/Neptune etc?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Kestral posted:

People who've gone through Steel Path, is it possible to reach Sedna quickly via the Jupiter --> Europa --> Void --> Sedna route, or do you have to go all way through Saturn/Uranus/Neptune etc?

That isn't a route. There's no connection between the four mission branches in the Void.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That isn't a route. There's no connection between the four mission branches in the Void.

That's what I get for not looking at the star map closely enough, rats. Going the long way around, apparently, oof.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I'm being told on Discord that once you have access to the Void, you can be taxi'd to other missions in the Void even if they're in different branches, and once you have that initial mission completion you can proceed through linked nodes to Sedna or wherever else you want to go.

Neither I nor the person who told me about this have tried it in person, but it's worth a shot -- at worst you waste 15 minutes of your time.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

super excited for Hildryn to finally get a skin, and for Mirage to finally get one that isn't poo poo

the Garuda one is great but Hinsa is so good I will never use anything else

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Copra mag looks great. Hope the helmet's animated like the lucre scarf is!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it is

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Why the gently caress is Reddit/Youtube mad at the pre-release Helminth nerfs? The mean power level of subsumable abilities is already far higher than I had anticipated. Nerfing the best abilities gives us more choice, because there is a whole suite of mid-tier abilities with interesting utility that would otherwise be outcompeted by powerhouses like Roar or Warcry.

Yes there are a handful of F-tier abilities in the subsume pool that are difficult to make use of, like Loki 1 or Nyx 1, but they're still completely unique within the subsume pool and I would legit like to play with it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Gamers always throw tantrums when you nerf anything.

Larva seems super fun still, I hope it isn't too short ranged :ohdear: But I also think it'll be super fun to run around with Banshee Silence on melee frames, and now there'll be more of a reason to use that instead of warcry.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 21, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
larva is good for most situations, and there are lots of frames that use high rng/low dur. heck, since you don't want to tank dur too far on nidus if you want to use his 3 and 4 an unnerfed version of larva would probably be better on many frames than it is on the original.

Test-0
Jul 15, 2006

It lives...
The problem is DE said they were going to buff the weaker skills to make them better picks, then didn't, then before there was even any data on them made the popular skills in the list worse. Which pretty much guarantees that they will do more nerfing in the future to any abilitys that are suddenly the new 'overwhelming choice' and not make the terrible ones any better. No improvements to what needed it, just lazy knee jerk nerfs.

Basically rivens 2.0.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they have test clusters, they definitely should have used them for this.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Oh my god I've had to kill lephantis 20 times and I still don't have the drat part I need I hate this boss, I just want to helminth

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Captainicus posted:

Oh my god I've had to kill lephantis 20 times and I still don't have the drat part I need I hate this boss, I just want to helminth

At least you can run the node infinitely now instead of needing to craft assassinate keys for each attempt.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Meanwhile I'm debating whether to use my Lephantis key or just wait for Deimos, because I still need Lephantis for the Eris junction. :argh: Logically waiting is better because I'll get the resources back and then be able to run him infinitely, but the instant gratification desire in me wants it nowwww!

Dareon fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 21, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Dareon posted:

Meanwhile I'm debating whether to use my Lephantis key or just wait for Deimos, because I still need Lephantis for the Sedna junction. :argh: Logically waiting is better because I'll get the resources back and then be able to run him infinitely, but the instant gratification desire in me wants it nowwww!

Yeah but you'll get a bajillion times more resources than that just by going through Sedna and the rest and playing the game.
Plus the only really expensive part of the key IIRC was the nav coordinates which will be useless.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah but you'll get a bajillion times more resources than that just by going through Sedna and the rest and playing the game.
Plus the only really expensive part of the key IIRC was the nav coordinates which will be useless.

I meant Eris, but yeah. I just have kind of a wrong way of thinking about the game. Like, I don't feel ready for content past Uranus because despite keeping an arsenal of good, leveled, modded-up weapons, I feel like I'm too weak for that content because I try it with my leveling loadout. And also Neptune is currently Yadukk Havv's territory and I see "55-75" and nope out before remembering I can still run the regular missions if I'm okay with her stealing a few of my fries (Honestly, when they said liches will take some of your mission rewards I was expecting anywhere from half to all). I still needed the "15 waves of Stofler defense" for the junction, and I hammered that out just now with my potato'd Mag and Fulmin. Not as easy as the content I've been consistently doing, but not as hard as I was expecting it to be from my last run at that node when I was wearing a mid-level Oberon and Akbolto.

Speaking of, I absolutely hate that line of weapons. I'll be glad when I put the Akjagara to bed... At least until I accidentally accumulate the parts for the Prime.

Incidentally I'm 90% sure they made that "15 waves" objective just so people would be sure to see the work they did on that level. And it is pretty neat, better than the elevators or tram.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
While you're still going through the star chart, you shouldn't worry too hard about leveling new stuff / grinding MR, and you definitely shouoldn't put lots of effort into leveling weapons you hate just to get them off the checklist, because right now you're doing it the slow way.

It sounds like you're soloing too, and soloing starchart missions is the absolute slowest, most painful way to level up a bad gun.
When you're solo, you only get xp for a gun by actually killing stuff with it, which means the worse your gun and the longer it takes you to kill stuff, is the slower it is to level it. (You also get xp for a few other things like doing spy objectives, but not huge amounts.)
Meanwhile, if you play in a party, the shared xp from your partymates' kills is evenly distributed between all your equipped weapons, so if you just cart a bad secondary like the bolto along for the ride while killing everything dead with your fulmin, you'll still get plenty of xp for your bolto from all your party mates' kills without having to actually pull it out once. So forget about all that tedious MR fodder for now, and come back to it when you wanna party up with three goons (or even three pubbies) and ultramurder everything in sight. The classic option is going to Hydron or Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and just chilling while someone in a warcrimes frame like Saryn melts a billion grineer faces per second. With a booster from login or sortie rewards, you can get 2 or 3 weapons from 0 to 30 in 6 ESO rounds, which is maybe about 15 minutes of gameplay. Nowadays you also get a pretty large amount of xp for crewing a railjack, too. so another option is to tag along on goon railjack missions and get gobs of xp and railjack loot for hanging out in the ship and manning the artillery/forge.

So don't grind for hours just to get one piddly akbolto's worth of extra mastery points right now, unless you actually like clicking heads with the akbolto.
Do the fun stuff first, and then after all that if you really want to you can dehumanize yourself and face to Mastery grinding with the efficiency of all your endgame tools.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Phobophilia posted:

Why the gently caress is Reddit/Youtube mad at the pre-release Helminth nerfs? The mean power level of subsumable abilities is already far higher than I had anticipated. Nerfing the best abilities gives us more choice, because there is a whole suite of mid-tier abilities with interesting utility that would otherwise be outcompeted by powerhouses like Roar or Warcry.

Yes there are a handful of F-tier abilities in the subsume pool that are difficult to make use of, like Loki 1 or Nyx 1, but they're still completely unique within the subsume pool and I would legit like to play with it.

The problem is that nerfing powerful abilities doesn't magically make garbage abilities better. I said it before, but you can nerf defy, dispensary, and roar into the ground if you want to, I'm still going to use it over lovely ballistic battery or decoy.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Guilty posted:

The problem is that nerfing powerful abilities doesn't magically make garbage abilities better. I said it before, but you can nerf defy, dispensary, and roar into the ground if you want to, I'm still going to use it over lovely ballistic battery or decoy.

They didn't nerf roar to make decoy viable, they did it to avoid completely dumpstering Rhino.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Arzachel posted:

They didn't nerf roar to make decoy viable, they did it to avoid completely dumpstering Rhino.

Yes, notable game breaking skills like defy and dispensary which completely defined their frames and would be complete dumpsters if other frames got those same abilities. Oh wait...

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I need that Undercutter skin like I need air, goddamnit. Need to live out my MGR fantasies in Warframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Helminth is going to be a huge goddamn mess in terms of balance. The sky is also blue.

Honestly I’d rather they refresh several stale frames and update them all to scale %s instead of do hard number damage. Then maybe bring in the Helminth system.