Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm37359409

Someone on Nico 3D printed an entire puzzlable Millennium Puzzle.

There's also A Nitocris on the back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
finished Kingdom and im pretty pissed off i even started

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh, there was discussion about the manga in the MHA thread and man, I kinda wanna do a simulread of the original Yu-Gi-Oh, since it's a pretty wild ride compared to the anime, even the stuff people are familiar with.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh, there was discussion about the manga in the MHA thread and man, I kinda wanna do a simulread of the original Yu-Gi-Oh, since it's a pretty wild ride compared to the anime, even the stuff people are familiar with.

That'd be pretty cool and I might even try to keep pace with it myself (I read the first couple of volumes, but I've never read the DM manga past that, the rest of my knowledge is based on the anime which changed things).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
But are we talking Yu-Gi-Oh we's all familiar with or Yu-Gi-Oh Zero as some people have called it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would be talkin' about the entirety of the original Yu-Gi-Oh manga, from Zero to Millennium World, and maybe also R because that's pretty good and also basically a lost arc from the original.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wark Say posted:

But are we talking Yu-Gi-Oh we's all familiar with or Yu-Gi-Oh Zero as some people have called it?

Mangawise they’re both the same series. “Season 0” as some call it was produced by Toei and covered the first portion of the manga (albeit still a bit toned down) while the anime most people are familiar with started from the point where the Duel Monsters card game took over the entire series and went from there.

Even in the Japanese version, both shows were heavily sanitized compared to the original manga.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh. I legit thought it was like a Ken'ichi sorta thing where the original ran for a while but then it got rebooted once more and then it got way the hell more popular. Did not know that the original manga was all one hot bundle of insanity! Yeah, that sounds like a fun rabbit hole to get lost on.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLd63JDHdNI&t=153s

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Anime @ 8pm eastern tonight!! The New Girl In Healin' Good Precure Looks Sick!! Three episodes of Crest of the Stars because I don't want to cut this next arc short. And provisionally what i'm pretty sure is a rip of a VCD copy of a VHS of Kaikan Phrase, unless its totally unwatchable.

https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On another topic, is Fire Force any good? I heard the guy behind Soul Eater was involved with it but don’t know much beyond that.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Larryb posted:

On another topic, is Fire Force any good? I heard the guy behind Soul Eater was involved with it but don’t know much beyond that.

the manga owns and i was told the anime has some stellar animation and is paced a wee bit better

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Larryb posted:

Its pretty good, If you liked Soul Eater theres a good chance you'll like it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
soul eater struck me as extremely for babies and i had a realization halfway through that its just a high school club setting

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

then why didn't you watch it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i cant believe this series set in a school is set in a school

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Soul Eater manga was better than the anime but I enjoyed it for the most part. The prequel series Soul Eater NOT was ok as well.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Endorph posted:

:byodood:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
beginning to suspect that shounen manga is aimed at young teenagers

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Larryb posted:

The Soul Eater manga was better than the anime but I enjoyed it for the most part. The prequel series Soul Eater NOT was ok as well.

The biggest problem the anime had was having to crowbar an ending in because the manga was a long way from done

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Spuckuk posted:

The biggest problem the anime had was having to crowbar an ending in because the manga was a long way from done

well that explains a lot!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Though from what I've heard, the manga ending isn't too much better.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
oh hell yeah Doris Burke for the Orlando vs Bucks game

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Endorph posted:

thats not quite what i mean but its definitely the anime that made me realize im just not interested in shows that are designed to reflect the daily lives of the high school student demographic with a little added fantasy and drama. if the show is straight up about high school kids, fine, but if its about “grim reaper school” then im just annoyed at how superficial the difference is the whole time

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

on the other hand the idea of a school for grim reapers whips rear end

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
yeah what the hell

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Are you maybe talking about Soul Eater NOT? Because Soul Eater proper is a downright battle shonen, I dunno what you're talking about.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
drat i forgot da Hulu info and now i cant finish Toilet-bound Hanuko kun

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Are you maybe talking about Soul Eater NOT? Because Soul Eater proper is a downright battle shonen, I dunno what you're talking about.

Yeah, the whole school setting is barely a factor in the original Soul Eater while NOT pretty much exclusively takes place at or around said school.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Courage Punch" was ridiculous, but good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Nelliel

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Larryb posted:

Yeah, the whole school setting is barely a factor in the original Soul Eater while NOT pretty much exclusively takes place at or around said school.

The whole point of NOT is that it's Not Soul Eater.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
soul eater

naaaahhhtttt

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm finally finishing BNA and I'm on the last episode. I had heard the core allegory was nonsensical at best but I kinda cast it aside, thinking "How bad can it really be?" and folks,

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Arist posted:

I'm finally finishing BNA and I'm on the last episode. I had heard the core allegory was nonsensical at best but I kinda cast it aside, thinking "How bad can it really be?" and folks,

i completely disagree, i think its one of the most powerful messages ive seen in anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think its okay

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I keep mentally inserting an H to make it BNHA and folks that has made some of these conversations very hard to follow

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

scary ghost dog posted:

i completely disagree, i think its one of the most powerful messages ive seen in anime

It waffles between really direct, specific anger at racial categorization and how the wealthy especially enable and propagate it, and "The Illuminati are doing secret blood rituals to control our minds! Race mixing waters down your bloodline! Minorities are emotional and dangerous and a threat to society in large numbers!"

I don't think they're actually trying to say any of that but the messaging is all over the loving place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
more like soul eater not good