Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

omnibobb posted:

I don't have anything to contribute to the conversation, but I wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed this post.

E:

LifeSunDeath posted:

Do you people not know what an acronym is?

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

That anagram is LotR AF. Just when it feels over, it’s not

:doh:

GlobglogGroAbgalab fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

LifeSunDeath posted:

Apparently not. My humble apologies for my derail of wrong terms.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

how dare you use the wrong word

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

LifeSunDeath posted:

quote:

The broader sense of acronym inclusive of terms pronounced as the individual letters (such as "TNT") is sometimes criticized, but it is the term's original meaning[1] and is in common use.[2]

wikipedia BITCH!!!!!!!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TheAardvark posted:

wikipedia BITCH!!!!!!!

I should have said

"Do you people not know what an anachronism is?"

And just skated out of the thread, trap set.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
defile us than

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i actually pronounce it "lotraf" out loud because i refer to the tv show "lifestyles of the rich and famous" far too frequently in casual daily conversation to have time to say the whole name of the show, and my fellow conversationalists are inevitably so familiar with this decades old tv show as well as my acronymic references to it that they know exactly what im talking about when i say the word "lotraf" and there is no need for further explanation or clarification

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord

LifeSunDeath posted:

I should have said

"Do you people not know what an anachronism is?"

And just skated out of the thread, trap set.

Have you ever thought about getting an education? Maybe bettering yourself in some way?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Free Cheese posted:

Have you ever thought about getting an education? Maybe bettering yourself in some way?

Turn on your monitor

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Free Cheese posted:

man i misread that as 'battering' and now im hungry for fried chicken

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Free Cheese posted:

:chloe:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Me, supergenius perfect grammar wealthy playboy posting on highly exclusive millionaire-only internet site Something Awful: "a duh duh duh duh"

you, idiot and probable lizard person also posting on developmentally disabled adult playpen internet site Something Awful: "huh blih bluh bluh buuhhh"

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
using my ivy league education and 5 PhDs to feel superior to people on a dead "comedy" website run by a domestic abuser for middle-aged IT workers

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
She dead yet or what?

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

She dead yet or what?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

was a reference/copypaste to this classic

Legin Noslen posted:

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yikes! posted:

was a reference/copypaste to this classic
oh lol my b

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Where is that phrase from?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
This pop'd up on my new music Friday Spotify https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU8i_2jJDaw

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
No gen pop for Ghislaine...

A federal judge has denied Ghislaine Maxwell's request to be moved to the general prison population, saying changes to her confinement are unnecessary at this time.

Lawyers for Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein's former girlfriend, who faces charges of recruiting, grooming and abusing minor girls as young as 14-years-old, asked the judge to transfer her out of a high-security cell in the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, New York, to allow her to better prepare for her defense. In denying the request, U.S. District Court Judge Alison Nathan noted that the Bureau of Prisons has allowed Maxwell access to materials 13 hours a day, seven days a week.

"Should facts on the ground change such that the defendant is not being provided sufficient access to her legal materials, defense counsel may seek intervention by the Court," the judge wrote.

The judge also rejected Maxwell's earlier request to modify prison surveillance, which she claimed involved being secretly watched by prison psychologists for several hours every day.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/ghislaine-maxwell-s-request-to-be-moved-to-the-general-prison-population-denied-by-judge-1.5078801

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
they should put her on a 24/7 live stream like the Truman show

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Such vile people. BTW, she's STILL alive!

Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell ‘used secret woodland lair in boarding school grounds to target pupils’

Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell are alleged to have used a woodland cabin at a prestigious boarding school to target underage girls.

The late financier was a donor to the Interlochen Centre for the Arts in Michigan, and in 1994 provided funds for The Jeffrey Epstein Scholarship Lodge within its grounds.

The centre is situated on a 1,200-acre campus in the state's northwest, and attracts pupils from around the world to study music, theatre, and the arts. Epstein, who killed himself last year while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges, was a donor to the school between 1990 and 2003, and also held events for its alumni at his New York mansion. The terms under which he funded the lodge are reported to have included an agreement that he could stay there for up to two weeks of each year.

Epstein's former girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell is also named as a defendant in the suit. Maxwell is currently awaiting trial in New York on sex trafficking charges over her alleged role in Epstein's crimes, though denies any wrongdoing. Jane Doe says she first encountered the pair in 1994, when she was 13 years old and a music student at the school. She says Epstein then subjected her to abuse over a period of four years at his homes in Palm Beach, New York, and New Mexico. Papers also allege that Maxwell "regularly facilitated" and was "frequently present" for the abuse.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12588528/jeffrey-epstein-ghislaine-maxwell-woodland-boarding-school-target-pupils/

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Shoot all lair owners

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Icochet posted:

Shoot all lair owners

You'll never get me so long as I'm safe inside my lair.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Could the poo poo really hit the fan? Let's hope!

https://twitter.com/newscomauHQ/status/1308330196286812161

https://twitter.com/DailyMailUK/status/1308350341268877312

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

I predict nothing will happen.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

This bitch dead yet?

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

CocoaNuts posted:

The late financier was a donor to the Interlochen Centre for the Arts in Michigan, and in 1994 provided funds for The Jeffrey Epstein Scholarship Lodge within its grounds.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12588528/jeffrey-epstein-ghislaine-maxwell-woodland-boarding-school-target-pupils/

“One time, at band camp...”

(It is that band camp)

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Good article. Worth a read.

I Called Everyone in Jeffrey Epstein’s Little Black Book

What I learned about rich people, conspiracy, “genius,” Ghislaine, stand-up comedy, and evil from 2,000 phone calls

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/10/i-called-everyone-in-jeffrey-epsteins-little-black-book/

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This is a very excellent quote from that very excellent article, because it about perfectly sums up what we all already assumed in this thread.

quote:

The truth is that the elite world that Epstein ascended into, the one I tapped into by way of the black book, is populated with hordes of loathsome, boring, untalented people living their bumbling, idiotic lives while just so happening to wield some share of the preposterous global bounty that he and the rest were after. For all the mystery surrounding Epstein’s fortune, its existence is hardly more inscrutable than the wealth of any of his other billionaire peers. He earned it the same way they all did, which is to say precisely not at all.

This wasn’t some masterful hack into the global aristocracy. It’s what everyone does. It’s what the whole thing is. There is no scam here. It’s grifters grifting grifters all the way down.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Icochet posted:

Shoot all lair owners

an unfortunate yet not unexpected antiscottish sentiment from the left

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laird

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Hardon Crime posted:

an unfortunate yet not unexpected antiscottish sentiment from the left

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laird

Laird Ludd, Lord of Ludd's Lair.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I'm surprised she's still alive TBH.

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba
did i miss proof of life?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Did she mysteriously """"""""""commit suicide"""""""""" yet.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Gologle posted:

This is a very excellent quote from that very excellent article, because it about perfectly sums up what we all already assumed in this thread.

Reddit keeps telling me the rich are just plain better though?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Another scoundrel being outed:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1315614252724494337

https://twitter.com/davidenrich/status/1315705050212315136

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

as soon as i saw some headline (ive never heard of leon black til last night on CNN frontpage) wher he was apologizing for basically interacting w him at all i knew we had another lmao

dude should have just said he was a scumbag and yelled at a trump/clinton for being friends w him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A picture of him receiving the news of epsteins suicide murder: