Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ilmucche posted:

The music in doom 2016 sucks. It's cool it's dynamic or whatever but it sucks

BFG Division intensifies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ilmucche posted:

The music in doom 2016 sucks. It's cool it's dynamic or whatever but it sucks

ok dad

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

its totally valid for someone not to like industrial metal

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I watched an official video of highlights from the diabotical closed beta and they played a Kanye song over it and like every third comment was complaining about how rap sucks and it ruined the video

:thunk:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Caesar Saladin posted:

agreed if you are an old person living in a retirement home

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Rutibex posted:

gently caress that garbage, make System Shock 3

We have a thread for Prey already, come join us.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
the warehouse puzzle in OFF needs to gently caress OFF

Vakal
May 11, 2008

HardDiskD posted:

agreed if you are an old person living in a retirement home

I hope that by the time I end up in a retirement home that there will be enough people like me there that everyone will have a computer in their room so we can just LAN retro games all day while we wait to die instead of poo poo like shuffle board and watching the Price is Right.

Watch out for Eddie in room 14 though, his Parkinsons shakes gives him crazy APM in Star Craft.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Old people with memory disorders really like to steal other people's things. It's like larping the same Thief level over and over again, better hope your retirement home has lots of dark corners

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Serephina posted:

We have a thread for Prey already, come join us.

prey was so loving good

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Caesar Saladin posted:

Industrial metal's good, but Mick Gordon's take has too much zoomer EDM mixed in. It sounds like that loving Korn/Skrillex collab. Should have hired Klepacki :colbert:

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

Prey was pretty good, definitely in my top 5 Bioshock games.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

dads_work_files posted:

Prey was pretty good, definitely in my top 5 Bioshock games.

Mods??

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Vakal posted:

I hope that by the time I end up in a retirement home that there will be enough people like me there that everyone will have a computer in their room so we can just LAN retro games all day

yeah this is what im hoping for too

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rutibex posted:

gently caress that garbage, make System Shock 3

System Shock 3: Bioshock Infinite 2, it's set on the moon and the villain is an anarcho-primitivist

E: In a twist your trigger phrase is "it's a small step... for a man" and the whole time you've been manipulated by a neo-monarchist living on Jupiter.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

christmas boots posted:

System Shock 3: Bioshock Infinite 2, it's set on the moon and the villain is an anarcho-primitivist

E: In a twist your trigger phrase is "it's a small step... for a man" and the whole time you've been manipulated by a neo-monarchist living on Jupiter.

I can already see the review websites climbing over each other to give it game of the year

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Bioshock Infinite 2 should be a virus that destroys every copy of BI on the planet and refunds everyone their $.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

christmas boots posted:

the end game slide is a photo of the lead director who looks almost exactly like :actually: and he reads you the narration on the slide

"you could have stopped playing at any time :smug:"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
In Bioshock infinite 2 it turns out antifa are the real fascists

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Bioshock Infinite has value as a sort of museum of lovely design choices that were all the rage in 2013

I will never understand the 2 weapons thing

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

bioshock is an Extremely Bad Game

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It’s funny how this thread always circles around to the same handful of games:

Doom 2016
BotW
RDR2
Bioshock
And... a few others

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

would you rather we talk about HuniePop instead

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I heard the girls in that game will show their boobs

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Excelzior posted:

would you rather we talk about HuniePop instead

I’m sorry but the schedule says it’s time to discuss weapon breaking in BotW

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Tetris is terrible.

That's not my own opinion, but I'm sure it's someone's.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

tetris 2 is genuinely better

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The best Tetris game is Fez.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

puzzle platformers rule. it's the most criminally neglected genre.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I want the world to put as much effort and excitement into Turok as it did Doom. The last Turok we got was absolute poo poo and like 10 years ago iirc.

I want a modern Turok where you kill shitloads of raging dinosaurs and mercenaries and rear end in a top hat sorcerers, set to a blood pumping heavy metal original sound track.

Shiiiiit I want this so bad

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Nobody has done anything cool with dinosaurs in a long time and it's frankly pretty upsetting. We got zombies as far as the eye can see but not one fuckin raptor or t-rex

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I mean Ark certainly had its problems but it's worth picking up on sale and messing around with it. Just don't bother with the multiplayer and use mods to give yourself a shitload of resources so you can go around riding all the dinos.

I heard Jurassic World Evolution was pretty good too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What about trespasser 2 so I can look down at my boobies to check my health

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

site posted:

What about trespasser 2 so I can look down at my boobies to check my health

its going to be worth it for the conniptions it will cause across the board

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Buy this multiplayer focused game when it's super cheap but don't actually play multiplayer and cheat to give yourself everything you need isn't doing something cool with dinosaurs, it's just doing something with dinosaurs.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

there was also dino d-day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9I0Z82kCPM

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Buy this multiplayer focused game when it's super cheap but don't actually play multiplayer and cheat to give yourself everything you need isn't doing something cool with dinosaurs, it's just doing something with dinosaurs.

Don't know the general popularity of this opinion but: imo people who recommend that others get a game and then further suggest they immediately mod/cheat the entire spirit of that game away are terrible gamers.

I've seen a lot of posts on these forums that amount "get this game, however mod/cheat away basically 100% of what the game is about" and every time it just makes it sound like that person is a stupid rear end in a top hat.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Don't know the general popularity of this opinion but: imo people who recommend that others get a game and then further suggest they immediately mod/cheat the entire spirit of that game away are terrible gamers.

sometime the game is bad out of the box but can be made into a good game

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

poverty goat posted:

sometime the game is bad out of the box but can be made into a good game

I think that if you find yourself modding/cheating out the design goals of the game, it just means you got a bad game. Or if not a bad game, at least the wrong game for the experience you wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Chomp8645 posted:

Thank God I have never once, even ironically, cared if someone online thought I was a "terrible gamer"