Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Congrats on getting the most deadly weapon in 30k (chain axe bayonets)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Who the hell saw umbra bolters ever coming back.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
FW's new community engagement plan:

gaslight us by rereleasing everything that went LCTB without even a nod to it existing before

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The new version of the Tartaros upgrades for the plastic kit are great but uh kind of delayed. They re-did all of the resin weapon kits for the new power armour plastics really fast after the boxed sets released iirc?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

TTerrible posted:

The new version of the Tartaros upgrades for the plastic kit are great but uh kind of delayed. They re-did all of the resin weapon kits for the new power armour plastics really fast after the boxed sets released iirc?

It's not new. Both the Tartaros power axes and the Umbra-pattern bolters are old kits that disappeared during the first wave of Last Chance to Buy ForgeWorld discontinuations back in... 2018?

And now they're back!

A while back they mentioned doing a campaign of 3D scanning of the old pre-CAD masters used to make the silicon molds they use for resin minis -- the new White Scar hoverbikes are apparently built on a foundation of a 3D scan of the legion hoverbikes. Maybe this is the first fruit of that -- the ability to 3D print new masters whenever the old ones are damaged or wear out should let them more easily make new molds.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I know the bolters are just a re-issue but I'm pretty sure the axe kit is new and reworked for the plastic Tartaros vs the original resin Legion specific ones that had arms that ended at the wrist.

vs

EDIT:

It even says it is in the product description.

quote:

Seen this kit before? You're not suffering from déjà vu – this set has been redesigned to work with your plastic Tartaros Terminators, available from the Games Workshop webstore.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Hi, 30k thread, I decided (after getting a deal on ebay) to take my first crack at a Night Lord/Primarch. I'm not great with taking pictures still and I think he looks a lot better in person, but here's my Night Haunter!

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

TTerrible posted:

I know the bolters are just a re-issue but I'm pretty sure the axe kit is new and reworked for the plastic Tartaros vs the original resin Legion specific ones that had arms that ended at the wrist.

vs

EDIT:

It even says it is in the product description.

Huh. Neat. I stand, as I so often do, corrected!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Stephenls posted:

Huh. Neat. I stand, as I so often do, corrected!

Don't worry about not being afflicted with Heresy brain worms that result in obscure useless knowledge about different generations of a kit that you can't buy any more for an extremely dead game. It isn't actually a very useful skill.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The new Orlock box finally has two Cyber Mastifs if anyone was looking for something to use in that one Sisters of Silence unit.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

HeavingGirth posted:

Hi, 30k thread, I decided (after getting a deal on ebay) to take my first crack at a Night Lord/Primarch. I'm not great with taking pictures still and I think he looks a lot better in person, but here's my Night Haunter!

Very cool! Nice work buddy

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Always nice to see a primarch, good job on a big project.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Hixson posted:

Very cool! Nice work buddy

Thank you! Having lurked this thread for years/your Night Lords have been a huge inspiration!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
What is a sister of silence?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ghazk posted:

Quoting a Ghazk post.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's an all-women order of psychic blanks that quashed psi threats in 30k, but drives the Emperor's Grubhub by 40k.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Ghazk posted:

See those ladies on either side of Leman Russ? They don't speak out loud, and they really deserve their own Codex.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Ghazk posted:

A Custodes MSU option :v:

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Sisters on Jetbikes when??

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
hopefully we get some new custodes units alongside the sister bikes

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Tommunist posted:

hopefully we get some new custodes units alongside the sister bikes

Please, don't even joke about this.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Book 10 is entirely custodes & The Emperor. They get a third go at the army list.

God is great.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Finished Sevatar and about 5 regular marines. I like the scheme I've come up with because I'm not super talented, but I can make reasonable looking Night Lords.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
nice work dude

loyalists? not even once!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

HeavingGirth posted:

Finished Sevatar and about 5 regular marines. I like the scheme I've come up with because I'm not super talented, but I can make reasonable looking Night Lords.

You may need to thin your paint just a little bit - or I'm just someone who hasn't seen a miniature that close.

Either way, looks nice.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Got a few games in over the last few weeks, notably with Selene's EC and NickR's TS. Here's a photodump:

I also got an achievement that you don't see very often....

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Gurgle gurgle gurgggggg...

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Absolutely beautiful.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
FW selling actual good dice sets for every single legion to go along with book 9.

They're readable, have the symbols on the six, are nice to look at and come with a matching scatter.

Not sure how this is real.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Little bit disappointed that the Alpha Legion set isn't a mixed bag of every other legions' colours but with a hydra symbol.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm glad to see that the Imperial Fists get basic flat yellow dice like you'd find packed in a board game. Really suits the "mayo is spicy" ethos of the legion.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Major Spag posted:

Gurgle gurgle gurgggggg...

Great job m8, this is tip top work!

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Thanks man. Not easy tryin' to keep up with you lot, heh.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Nice Ragnarok! I'm not sure if I've seen one mounted Merkava on a Chimera turret before.

I will always maintain that Solars Aux are one of the best looking armies across all of 30/40k and I'm legitimately sorry the guy who did them for Forge World moved on to greener pastures (although I do understand that FW pays lovely, even by the standards of creatives salaries (which are never very good), and as such I'm happy for him).

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
95% chance to hit, still miss

JcDent
May 13, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

95% chance to hit, still miss

No, I think he got the Chimera hull part right.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
KILLBOT

Anacharis Scoria
Jan 5, 2018

The Xanophane Tyrant, The Fallen Master, Lord of the Nine Cohorts, The Apostate Magister
K̵̥͈̹̞̟̤̝͎̮͎̞̝̀Į̟̻̤̤̝͓̣̥̞͈̲̪͉̫͢͢͠ͅͅL̶̢̞̲͙͎̜̤͕̕͞ͅL̜̲̩̰̝͈̤̘̳̹̥̕͞͡ͅͅͅB̶̸̡̳͈͕̳̘̹̭̩͔̼̱͔̝̺͎͕̼O҉̵̡҉͔͎̜͓̜ͅT̷̼̪̳͕̩̪

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Anacharis Scoria posted:

K̵̥͈̹̞̟̤̝͎̮͎̞̝̀Į̟̻̤̤̝͓̣̥̞͈̲̪͉̫͢͢͠ͅͅL̶̢̞̲͙͎̜̤͕̕͞ͅL̜̲̩̰̝͈̤̘̳̹̥̕͞͡ͅͅͅB̶̸̡̳͈͕̳̘̹̭̩͔̼̱͔̝̺͎͕̼O҉̵̡҉͔͎̜͓̜ͅT̷̼̪̳͕̩̪

I am so here for the Killbot Meta.