Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gootecks barely even goes to tourneys anymore so theres not even that in it for him. Dude just sucks. Famously he ran a 'coaching' grift where hed charge people a hundred bucks and have them stream them playing FGs while randomly going 'block more' and 'dont jump in', clearly not even actually paying attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Didn't even have to scroll down his likes to find Q poo poo and Ben Shapiro. A quick scroll found anti-trans poo poo. This thread pretty much says it all about them. Seems pretty awful looks like they have been for a while.https://twitter.com/gootecks/status/1295583607981932544?s=20

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Aug 20, 2020

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
hahahahahahaha no agenda, god drat

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Any time a person says they don't have an agenda, or don't want to stay politics into things, they do.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hub Cat posted:

Didn't even have to scroll down his likes to find Q poo poo and Ben Shapiro. A quick scroll found anti-trans poo poo. This thread pretty much says it all about them. Seems pretty awful looks like they have been for a while.https://twitter.com/gootecks/status/1295583607981932544?s=20
lol at his reply further down

'how can trump be bad if hes arrested sex traffickers? checkmate liberals'

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I only trust news from sources that have no agenda, like this podcast named No Agenda - I like them because their agenda agrees with mine.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

love clicking on that article and seeing the top comment being from someone named "Demosthenes" saying "Femininity is submissive by nature"

I also made the mistake of reading the comments and found so many bad takes.

"ACSHUALLY they are enemies so of course they say bitch and make thinly veiled rape threats all the time, it's not a conscious choice, the writers had their hands tied"

"Heh, maybe you'd prefer it if they called her a oval office instead. Checkmate."

"Of course, if they didn't include gendered insults constantly, they would have to call Catwoman 'my dear lady' or 'ma'am'."

"but what about us poor poor men being called a dick??"

There's even an unironic 'I just wanted to grill punch dudes!'

gently caress, even I noticed it on first play and 23 year old me would have been exceptionally dull to that kind of thing. Urgh, internet.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

deep dish peat moss posted:

I only trust news from sources that have no agenda, like this podcast named No Agenda - I like them because their agenda agrees with mine.

No Agenda is a libertarian crank podcast hosted by Adam Curry (of MTV fame) and John C Dvorak (of computer pundit fame). They have a segment where listeners are "knighted" for donating $1000 to them (this was like 2010 or something, too).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This is not poggies at all!

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Walton Simons posted:

"Heh, maybe you'd prefer it if they called her a oval office instead. Checkmate."

I would, she's Catwoman, not a dog.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mamkute posted:

I would, she's Catwoman, not a dog.

Apparently female cats are called queens. I'd be okay with them calling her that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont care about them calling her a bitch or whatever but the weird rape-y threats are totally out of place in a generic superhero game, is about my angle

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Endorph posted:

i dont care about them calling her a bitch or whatever but the weird rape-y threats are totally out of place in a generic superhero game, is about my angle

pretty much. i am sorta okish with lovely insults when its a bunch of psycho assholes murder canibal criminals but the weird rapey stuff goes a little to far for me. if it makes anyone feel better most of that stuff was patched out of city pretty hard.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

RatHat posted:

Apparently female cats are called queens. I'd be okay with them calling her that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK7gwzZ6Yj4

the sith disagree.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Aren't the Arkham games the origin of the "sexy" Harley outfits? Like it was almost always the B:TAS outfit, then here comes these games and and now everything is booty shorts?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://twitter.com/gootecks/status/1296225364180525056

Posting this here, Gootecks is a piece of poo poo, RIP pogChamp

man, the fighting game scene is hosed.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Man, the FGC is a real loving piece of work; if it comes out Daigo has some poo poo, I'm running my fight stick over with my car.

Imagine all these people dominating the recommended YouTube videos for when a new fighting game comes out like Riot's. Hopefully Maximilian and Woolie will be able to drown at least some of that out.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Anora posted:

Aren't the Arkham games the origin of the "sexy" Harley outfits? Like it was almost always the B:TAS outfit, then here comes these games and and now everything is booty shorts?

I mean, the origin of Harley's sexy outfits was Bruce Timm getting off on drawing her sexy to the point that she showed up in nighties and cream pies and such in TAS (hell, was she the only character in that entire show to openly lust after sex?), but it definitely didn't help.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

CarlCX posted:

I mean, the origin of Harley's sexy outfits was Bruce Timm getting off on drawing her sexy to the point that she showed up in nighties and cream pies and such in TAS (hell, was she the only character in that entire show to openly lust after sex?), but it definitely didn't help.

Well, yeah, but the nightie didn't become her main outfit, like the one from the Arkham games.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Gootecks being a scummy dude has been an open secret for a while, but after Excellent Adventures ended he kinda took a sharp turn into alt-right nonsense too.

I feel like the FGC is in this weird position where it's small enough that blowups have a real impact and people will put their foot on their mouth for lack of good media training, but it's also big enough that the "superstar" cliques are able to protect their lovely members or pretend they never did anything wrong pretty effectively.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

All of this is frustrating because it's yet another developer I liked that I'm never going to touch again. I'm 3 for 3 so far...someone check in on Stephen Lavelle.

OTOH industry rumor is that WB Games Studio is up for sale, so maybe someone else will buy them and then boot out all pieces of poo poo that apparently run the place.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

TheAnomaly posted:

OTOH industry rumor is that WB Games Studio is up for sale, so maybe someone else will buy them and then boot out all pieces of poo poo that apparently run the place.

Ahahaha, EA will probably end up buying them, so nope.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

TheAnomaly posted:

I'd need to chase the links down, but apparently whoever at AT&T was talking about that got talked down off the ledge. They decided to do yet another round of layoffs at HBO, Warner Brothers, and Turner instead, as well as gutting DC Comics.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lotta pressure on the snyder cut to not bomb rear end

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://twitter.com/gootecks/status/1296225364180525056

Posting this here, Gootecks is a piece of poo poo, RIP pogChamp

I've heard from a few places he HATES poggers and related memes because apparently he doesn't like being known as "the guy with the weird mouth in the emote" and not fgc stuff.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Anora posted:

I don't...think so? I suspect the look came from somewhere in comics first. To be fair I had to google "booty shorts" to know what they are because that's the kind of person I am, but most of her costumes had skirts.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A Sometimes Food posted:

I've heard from a few places he HATES poggers and related memes because apparently he doesn't like being known as "the guy with the weird mouth in the emote" and not fgc stuff.

Well from now on he won't be known for either of those things

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Nah he will be. This turn isn't a recent change despite his claims. He's a C-Lister in the FGC these days, people will make fun of him for a while and then forget he exists again.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

You hate to see it, I really liked Excellent Adventures, but it's hard to support someone that stupid.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The mindboggling stupidity of fighting game players in every aspect unrelated to fighting games is the most convincing evidence I've seen yet for the finite capacity of human intelligence.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

The mindboggling stupidity of fighting game players in every aspect unrelated to fighting games is the most convincing evidence I've seen yet for the finite capacity of human intelligence.

:yeah:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

Now, to some extremely limited degree, you can defend some of the above as a function of the core IP and gameplay systems- all NPCs in a Batman game wind up getting killed, beaten up, or as objectives to rescue (sometimes all three!), but...The general narrative and design pattern for the major female characters is way worse than the men.

If you think this is bad, the Harley in the ‘Injustice’ games should really rustle your jimmies.

https://youtu.be/9KrNdZLqcVg

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gootecks has been a stupid crank idiot for quite a while now and like 95% of the people who use pogchamp, poggers, and other related emotes have absolutely no idea who he is so this will change basically nothing.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

One of the streamers I casually follow named their dog Poggers and the return on investment of that being a bad idea was incredibly quick

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/kimmacaskill1/status/1296900018675298305

stuff with rocksteady has calmed. apparently other women came out and said they did fix a bunch of stuff but it sounds like they are gonna try to do more and work with the victims. idk.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/ClickAgain/status/1297622837541261312

Surprise, when an abuser doesn't get the golden parachute he thinks he deserves from a perfunctory performative apology, he walks it all back and dissolves the board

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I don't have the energy to link it but I like to believe in second chances, but Mangs absolutely doesn't deserve one and he's worming his way back and his braindead fans are calling him mature and brave for returning not even a month after leaving.

Mangs is a sociopath fire emblem player that used his clout in the community to get women to roleplay with him, he forced himself on underage girls and would make them earn 'mangs points' for the privilege to talk to him. He admitted earlier in the month that it was all true and he's leaving the community, deleting his content and seeking help.
Now that he's back he's victim blaming, not excusing anything and saying that he's not a part of the community therefor it's okay to keep his channel and keep making FE content.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't have the energy to link it but I like to believe in second chances, but Mangs absolutely doesn't deserve one and he's worming his way back and his braindead fans are calling him mature and brave for returning not even a month after leaving.

Mangs is a sociopath fire emblem player that used his clout in the community to get women to roleplay with him, he forced himself on underage girls and would make them earn 'mangs points' for the privilege to talk to him. He admitted earlier in the month that it was all true and he's leaving the community, deleting his content and seeking help.
Now that he's back he's victim blaming, not excusing anything and saying that he's not a part of the community therefor it's okay to keep his channel and keep making FE content.

I feel like "I literally abused underage girls" should be enough to make anyone not touch his toxic rear end ever again but people are stupid.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

People can't help being seduced by his.... Fire Emblem skills?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Flannelette posted:

People can't help being seduced by his.... Fire Emblem skills?

Being 'noticed' by someone moderately famous (I guess?) is a hell of a drug, especially if you're already vulnerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
IIRC the Fire Emblem community is *really* bad about the whole "respecting the personal space of cosplayers" thing, so... predators like that in the Fire Emblem community are probably everywhere just waiting for someone with self-esteem issues to exploit a parasocial relationship with.