Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Fuzzy_DunIop/status/1296151913021546502?s=20

This thread felt the appropriate place to post this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

While JD Harmeyer wastes away in his bachelor pad, Ghyslaine Maxwell's bail is currently set to nine hundred and fifty GRAAAAAAND.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I assume any residuals would have been negotiated through the AFTRA union but Howard and his team may have required the air talent to give up any claim.

I like that the Hollywood Reporter article calls John a best-selling author and podcaster. I doubt three people bought his book, which is two more than listen his podcast. His book's sales rank is 1,248,233 on Barnes & Noble and 934,493 on Amazon. Best seller!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

While JD Harmeyer wastes away in his bachelor pad, Ghyslaine Maxwell's bail is currently set to nine hundred and fifty GRAAAAAAND.

:golfclap:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Thought of this when I heard about the Reds announcer getting fired for saying something over a hot mic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wOyTGfa6eo

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Former Human posted:

I assume any residuals would have been negotiated through the AFTRA union but Howard and his team may have required the air talent to give up any claim.

I seem to recall that the show is actually non-union. I think each personality are either independent contractors or work for Howard's production company and then Sirius pays them for the show. They used to complain about Scott working for the stations and being part of the sound engineers union. It looks like John's claim is that he never directly authorized Sirius to broadcast his voice, so the legal fight will be between the waiver to the content he likely signed to work on the show and Sirius rebroadcasting that content with consent from the owner, but not the cast. Doesn't seem like he will have much of a case there and is likely hoping Sirius will just settle, but I doubt Sirius would as it would set some pretty bad precedent for a broadcast company.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lifespan posted:

I seem to recall that the show is actually non-union. I think each personality are either independent contractors or work for Howard's production company and then Sirius pays them for the show. They used to complain about Scott working for the stations and being part of the sound engineers union. It looks like John's claim is that he never directly authorized Sirius to broadcast his voice, so the legal fight will be between the waiver to the content he likely signed to work on the show and Sirius rebroadcasting that content with consent from the owner, but not the cast. Doesn't seem like he will have much of a case there and is likely hoping Sirius will just settle, but I doubt Sirius would as it would set some pretty bad precedent for a broadcast company.

Any chance they will say that his agreement was with CBS and they held the rights to the tapes for a while and that clause "went away" when Howard got them back?

But really this is John being John.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Bonzo posted:

Any chance they will say that his agreement was with CBS and they held the rights to the tapes for a while and that clause "went away" when Howard got them back?

But really this is John being John.

Yeah, it seems like that would be the one approach they could make, though I'm sure Howard has had this stuff pretty ironclad since he hit big and went to TV in the 90s. Once again, I'm sure the hope is that there could be enough of a hole between old contracts and transfer of ownership that they just settle.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i googled this stuttering john stuff to find a news article and this was the first picture that came up, where the gently caress did his neck go

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Remember when John claimed he found maggots in his orange juice and was going to sue Tropicana?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAV78Scutog

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Former Human posted:

Remember when John claimed he found maggots in his orange juice and was going to sue Tropicana?

gently caress I love this bit
:barf:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

barnold posted:

i googled this stuttering john stuff to find a news article and this was the first picture that came up, where the gently caress did his neck go

Alcoholism is sad. Richard also looks like poo poo from all his boozing.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Jeff the drunk falling will always be funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC2tAI3Jr5I

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm surprised I have never seen any movie or TV show rip off that style of fall yet. It is so... unique.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t think anyone of us listen to the show anymore lol

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I did actually listen this week to the tail end of George and Brad, plus the cleaning out the computer segment (which are always better than the normal show). My listens only happen now when I’m scanning the radio and the show sounds interesting when I’m passing by.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I know I sound like a fuckin' jerk but I keep reading Beth keeps showing up on air and I just can't deal with that. Its like when some guy brings his girlfriend to hang out on "guy's night."

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I guess that is a neigh for you.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I know I sound like a fuckin' jerk but I keep reading Beth keeps showing up on air and I just can't deal with that. Its like when some guy brings his girlfriend to hang out on "guy's night."

It's a sneak preview for the next iteration of the show ("The Howard & Beth Podcast") after he signs the next deal in January.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

barnold posted:

He never had a neck. Check out the thumbnail:

Former Human posted:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I still listen to every episode, but I'm usually at least a few weeks behind and will often skip segments (like pretty much any time he is interviewing a pop star).

Beth has come on the show a couple of times and yes, it is pretty bad. She also pretty clearly does not want to be there, so I don't see it being "a thing". She usually just brings a snack to Howard and he tries to ask her a question. I also believe the "mic for Beth" is actually just another mic/headphone setup for redundancy sake as if something with his equipment fucks up, the show is dead until it is fixed. He just had her use it a couple of times.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lifespan posted:

. She usually just brings a snack to Howard and he tries to ask her a question.

lol so she the intern now? Does she have to microwave his potato?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

YeahTubaMike posted:

He never had a neck. Check out the thumbnail:

i mean i knew he was always a little stubby but when i picture Stuttering John, i picture him on the E! show and i don't recall it ever being that bad. that looks like his torso is sucking his entire head into his ribcage lol

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Bidaydoh

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Bonzo posted:

If by “microwave his potato”, you mean let Howie put his “egg in a birds nest”-sized dick (wrapped in a condom that was stored in a biometric/retina scanning safe) in her for 3-5 pumps once every few days if he “behaves”, then yes.

“I’m parting the hairs!”

But yeah, I rarely listen to the show, but I did hear her this week, and yeah, she doesn’t like to be on air.
I think Robin really enjoys when she is on though.

I also am a little concerned for Ronnie. His voice always sounds a little waverly now. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe I haven’t heard him enough lately, or it was a bad day. I’m sure I’ve noticed it a few time over the past few months.

Edit:

nate fisher posted:

I guess that is a neigh for you.

This needs more love, and god I love this thread. I can't recall the last slap fight any of us have had here.

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 22, 2020

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I don't think there's ever been a slapfight except for all of us making GBS threads on the mod who came in here trying to probate ia's bababooeys

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Bababooey to y’all

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Fa Fa Fooey

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY_abnqWU2c

this never gets old to me

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Chicken Butt posted:

Bababooey to y’all

I see OJ. I see OJ MAIN and he looks SCAID!

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Fafa Fohi Fafa Flunky.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I just want to let people know that those are farsical posts.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Kragger99 posted:

I also am a little concerned for Ronnie. His voice always sounds a little waverly now. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe I haven’t heard him enough lately, or it was a bad day. I’m sure I’ve noticed it a few time over the past few months.

Ronnie is in the early stages of dementia. I'm sure of it. I haven't listened to the show in a while, but when I was, he was having difficulties on air. I'm really worried about how his retirement will effect him.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

They gave Ronnie the Alzheimer's test back in October where he couldn't draw a clock. Making a circle with numbers inside it was confusing him.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Lifespan posted:

I just want to let people know that those are farsical posts.

This is all superfluous to the real paramount value

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

The new puppets look like generic crap they bought at a garage sale for Crank Yankers. This is supposed to be Benjy:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

The new puppets look like generic crap they bought at a garage sale for Crank Yankers. This is supposed to be Benjy:

Listen, the show has evolved. What do you do for a living?

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

Haha. I kinda like the Benji puppet. Dead eyes and blotchy.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

Listen, the show has evolved. What do you do for a living?

How much do you weigh?

...But actually, I like the puppets too. They are just an excuse for Fred to do his impressions, so its an odd visual move for a radio show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Former Human posted:

I really hate the newer puppets when I see them. They all remind me of Fozzy Bear or, as you said, the blank-faced Crank Yankers puppets. Something about them having those mild, kind eyes is irritating. It's probably because there's nothing which can beat the Jackie or Gary puppets, which were actually well-crafted sculptural caricatures. So yeah, I know, that's just bitching about the HSS not giving a poo poo and putting no effort into the show these days, but it's necessary here and there. F Jackie