Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think that's too narrow of an outlook, because I think it's important to look at more than just QAnon and only QAnon. I think if you want to fight QAnon you need to look at the causes that get people into it in the first place.

If you're looking at most QAnon people its largely affluent white people who don't need the help. They also tend to be the most "lost cause" scenario. They're the epitome of "can't logic someone out of a position they didn't logic themselves into" and they're probably there because they like the "Feeling" of being on the winning side, something that's hard to justify in a world where it seems like (to them) Trump just isn't getting anything done that he promised. This isn't really aimed at those people, they don't want the help and don't need it. Trying to convince them out of their bubble just causes a violent reaction as youre trying to rip them out of their bubble.

If you're looking at the people more on the fence who stumble on QAnon and get kind of tricked into it, thats more your market. The ideal is the mentally ill and desperate, because theyre the ones likely to get militant about it. Those people often fell into QAnon because nazis and the right gave them a community, and we really need to be better than them to get people to our side. If one side is offering community and the other is just yelling at you how the pedophile cult doesn't exist, on the surface the former looks appealing. It's important to show you do have investment in making people's lives better and are not doing it just to be another voice in the chorus of people yelling at them. Why should I listen to some guy on the internet who's just going to be belligerent at me? Or even if he's courteous about it, what actual evidence is there he's the right guy to listen, in a time with so much misinformation, to those not trained to pick up on this stuff it's just another guy trying to show he's right.

It's not that I don't think QAnon isn't an issue, but I think it's not the issue to the degree Bucky thinks it is. There's simply other things that are vastly more likely to convince people to vote for Donald Trump. Despite the rise it's still a small community and there's far more likely factors for normal people to vote for Trump and if you mire yourself in internet culture it seems more pervasive than it is. It's more that it's important to get out and do real good for real people. So you can get some perspective and see what issues are plaguing your average person.

Bucky also can't hear himself at this point that he sounds insane and is just yelling and getting belligerent at people who are ostensibly on his side. He isn't mad this thread doesn't believe QAnon is a threat, he's mad you don't believe the exact origin story he does. And when confronted about what to do with this information, he just gets defensive and asks him what you've done lately. I don't think he understand how badly that's going to harm the exact mission he's so obsessed with.

Bucky doesn't care about saving people he just wants to be right, and that's sort of the end game of all people who fall down the posting rabbithole.

Shut the gently caress up you disingenuous dip poo poo. Don't you dare speak for what I care about or what I want.

YOU asked me what I was doing about it. I answered in good faith, like I have answered every single question that has been directed at me this past month. Politely and comprehensively. You mocked me, told me explicitly, at length, that it wasn't doing anything. I provided absolute proof to the exact contrary, and you don't even have the integrity to acknowledge it, let alone retract or apologise.

YOU told me to go volunteer at a shelter, instead of trying to figure out what’s going on, and actively de-converting people. About 7 times. You don’t know anything about me or what I do, and the arrogance in presuming you do, is astounding.

What you do with your time is your business, so if that's what you think is the thing to do, go and do it. Sincerely, best of luck. I regret that line, because I see how it sounds, and that’s disappointing, because I know full well how important community work is and that seems like its being dismissive of it. It was really just saying “you do whatever it is you think is effective and I wish you well.”

[For anyone playing along, this is a good illustration of why it's important to be careful to avoid saying anything you don’t need to. Especially when you’re dealing with someone acting in bad faith like this. Because they will look for anything to latch on to, to avoid dealing with the substance of the issue. And you can see, that one little line let them literally ignore everything else in the post at the top of this page. And that’s on me. Editing is so crucial. A little less can mean a lot more. And a little more can completely change the outcome in the tone of a post. That should have been left on the cutting room floor, and you can see how much stronger the point would be without it. drat it. Anyway, you live you learn.]

I’m not mad people don’t believe the origin story I do, I’m curious, and I’m vigorously interrogating that, which is exactly what we’re supposed to do. I have been grateful to those who engaged, and I have been polite and civil at every turn. Nothing I have said could be described as screaming, and nothing I’ve been speaking to could be described as a void, except for perhaps the space between your own ears.

If you think it’s a pointless academic exercise, fine, but that is not how I choose to approach the threat posed by a fascist administration, and I implore you, if you don’t like the conversation, please just go somewhere else and let people get on with it. This doesn’t have to involve you and it’s really weird how you insist that this not be discussed. I’m not knocking on your door in the middle of the night and saying “HEY ANGEL, what do you think about THIS”. I’m debating and discussing QAnon in the QAnon thread, on a debate and discussion forum. A place which actually used to have a fairly high level of discourse, and which now seems to have sadly deteriorated to posts like yours.

In March 2018, you were told explicitly that this operation was a lot more sophisticated and sinister than it appeared. Uglycat called it on the very first page of this thread, and Prester Jane came along shortly afterwards and laid out the exact mechanisms of it. They were largely dismissed, and that is a sentiment which remains to this day.

Since then, we’ve seen many variations on the following:

November 2018 posted:

(Gridlocked posted:
Is the Qult dead yet?)

More like making final spasms without their leader to direct them so theyre just throwing poo poo at the walls hoping it sticks.

October 2019 posted:

(Jay Rust posted:
Is Q dead?)

Without 8chan there really isnt a main source anymore. Pretenders have stepped up but nobody has gotten the same traction. So without that all we got is the crazies clinging to hope holding Q signs at rallies or whatever.
Deplatforming works folks

This is the problem right here. Yes, deplatforming usually works, if we are talking about a random troll. If we are not talking about a random troll however, then deplatforming won’t necessarily work, we expect it to die, and 6 months later it will in fact have swelled to 3x the size and get acknowledged by the actual president. That is why this conversation matters.

You can sit around laugh at the whole thing and the people who’ve been sucked up into it if you like. Maybe it was easier before this, year when it was largely alt-right fuckos. But it’s not that anymore. And whether you have any empathy for the people who are suffering or not, or their loved ones in the Q Casualties subreddit, that is a politically significant force which can have an effect beyond just directly making one person vote for trump. It feeds energy to the campaign, an energy which can very easily be potentially violent, because a significant number of severely unstable and often heavily armed people are being made to believe that there is evil poo poo happening to children, and their hero just got screwed out of an election to cover it up.

If you don’t care about that, or them, fine. If you’re not curious about where things came from and how they work, fine.

I’m here to try and figure this out and share ideas about how to de-escalate this situation. I’ve put forward a completely coherent hypothesis and am actively and engaging with people about it. I’ve shared multiple examples of actual real life de-conversion. But Ii’s not about those instances. The point is to try and figure out what works. Experiment with different strategies. Learn from each other. Your aggressive disinterest, and continued insistence on its ineffectiveness in the face of conclusive proof is baffling.

“If one side is offering community and the other is just yelling at you how the pedophile cult doesn't exist, on the surface the former looks appealing...”

Please explain what the community you are offering the Qultists looks like, so we can join your efforts. Please tell us how many people you have tried to de-radicalise, successfully or unsuccessfully, today or ever. Please also explain who you believe is yelling at them. Please do not post again unless you do this.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I mean, that’s basically why that one poster earlier was getting so wrapped up in qanon being carefully orchestrated and didn’t want to countenance the aspects of it that are random and a function of larger systems breaking down. If it’s an aberration, it can be cured and we can protect against it in the future—Bannon and all of them can be rounded up etc. If it’s the chaos of late capitalism, who knows what will come next?

If you’re talking about me, I have never denied the aspects of it that are random and a function of larger systems breaking down, and have always said that is precisely what is being clinically exploited. The vulnerabilities in the natural environmental conditions, and the vulnerabilities in natural psychological phenomena. Those are both well understood by most people in this thread, and certainly by the very real businesses that exist to take advantage of them.

I am well aware that life is chaos and it's every bag of DNA for themselves with no referee. I am not looking for comfort from this.

And to be clear, the problem is not cured if Bannon gets locked up. Those conditions will still there ripe for exploitation by anyone again. So yeah, "who know what comes next" is very much an active question.

To end on a slightly more positive note, some things that give me hope are:

1) How terrible their protagonist is. Even the most sophisticated campaign will still struggle to break through with someone like Trump at the center.

2) That the chairman of the joint chiefs has made his sensibilities and his allegiance clear.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Shut the gently caress up you disingenuous dip poo poo. Don't you dare speak for what I care about or what I want.

YOU asked me what I was doing about it. I answered in good faith, like I have answered every single question that has been directed at me this past month. Politely and comprehensively. You mocked me, told me explicitly, at length, that it wasn't doing anything. I provided absolute proof to the exact contrary, and you don't even have the integrity to acknowledge it, let alone retract or apologise.

YOU told me to go volunteer at a shelter, instead of trying to figure out what’s going on, and actively de-converting people. About 7 times. You don’t know anything about me or what I do, and the arrogance in presuming you do, is astounding.

What you do with your time is your business, so if that's what you think is the thing to do, go and do it. Sincerely, best of luck. I regret that line, because I see how it sounds, and that’s disappointing, because I know full well how important community work is and that seems like its being dismissive of it. It was really just saying “you do whatever it is you think is effective and I wish you well.”

[For anyone playing along, this is a good illustration of why it's important to be careful to avoid saying anything you don’t need to. Especially when you’re dealing with someone acting in bad faith like this. Because they will look for anything to latch on to, to avoid dealing with the substance of the issue. And you can see, that one little line let them literally ignore everything else in the post at the top of this page. And that’s on me. Editing is so crucial. A little less can mean a lot more. And a little more can completely change the outcome in the tone of a post. That should have been left on the cutting room floor, and you can see how much stronger the point would be without it. drat it. Anyway, you live you learn.]

I’m not mad people don’t believe the origin story I do, I’m curious, and I’m vigorously interrogating that, which is exactly what we’re supposed to do. I have been grateful to those who engaged, and I have been polite and civil at every turn. Nothing I have said could be described as screaming, and nothing I’ve been speaking to could be described as a void, except for perhaps the space between your own ears.

If you think it’s a pointless academic exercise, fine, but that is not how I choose to approach the threat posed by a fascist administration, and I implore you, if you don’t like the conversation, please just go somewhere else and let people get on with it. This doesn’t have to involve you and it’s really weird how you insist that this not be discussed. I’m not knocking on your door in the middle of the night and saying “HEY ANGEL, what do you think about THIS”. I’m debating and discussing QAnon in the QAnon thread, on a debate and discussion forum. A place which actually used to have a fairly high level of discourse, and which now seems to have sadly deteriorated to posts like yours.

In March 2018, you were told explicitly that this operation was a lot more sophisticated and sinister than it appeared. Uglycat called it on the very first page of this thread, and Prester Jane came along shortly afterwards and laid out the exact mechanisms of it. They were largely dismissed, and that is a sentiment which remains to this day.

Since then, we’ve seen many variations on the following:

This is the problem right here. Yes, deplatforming usually works, if we are talking about a random troll. If we are not talking about a random troll however, then deplatforming won’t necessarily work, we expect it to die, and 6 months later it will in fact have swelled to 3x the size and get acknowledged by the actual president. That is why this conversation matters.

You can sit around laugh at the whole thing and the people who’ve been sucked up into it if you like. Maybe it was easier before this, year when it was largely alt-right fuckos. But it’s not that anymore. And whether you have any empathy for the people who are suffering or not, or their loved ones in the Q Casualties subreddit, that is a politically significant force which can have an effect beyond just directly making one person vote for trump. It feeds energy to the campaign, an energy which can very easily be potentially violent, because a significant number of severely unstable and often heavily armed people are being made to believe that there is evil poo poo happening to children, and their hero just got screwed out of an election to cover it up.

If you don’t care about that, or them, fine. If you’re not curious about where things came from and how they work, fine.

I’m here to try and figure this out and share ideas about how to de-escalate this situation. I’ve put forward a completely coherent hypothesis and am actively and engaging with people about it. I’ve shared multiple examples of actual real life de-conversion. But Ii’s not about those instances. The point is to try and figure out what works. Experiment with different strategies. Learn from each other. Your aggressive disinterest, and continued insistence on its ineffectiveness in the face of conclusive proof is baffling.

“If one side is offering community and the other is just yelling at you how the pedophile cult doesn't exist, on the surface the former looks appealing...”

Please explain what the community you are offering the Qultists looks like, so we can join your efforts. Please tell us how many people you have tried to de-radicalise, successfully or unsuccessfully, today or ever. Please also explain who you believe is yelling at them. Please do not post again unless you do this.

If you’re talking about me, I have never denied the aspects of it that are random and a function of larger systems breaking down, and have always said that is precisely what is being clinically exploited. The vulnerabilities in the natural environmental conditions, and the vulnerabilities in natural psychological phenomena. Those are both well understood by most people in this thread, and certainly by the very real businesses that exist to take advantage of them.

I am well aware that life is chaos and it's every bag of DNA for themselves with no referee. I am not looking for comfort from this.

And to be clear, the problem is not cured if Bannon gets locked up. Those conditions will still there ripe for exploitation by anyone again. So yeah, "who know what comes next" is very much an active question.

To end on a slightly more positive note, some things that give me hope are:

1) How terrible their protagonist is. Even the most sophisticated campaign will still struggle to break through with someone like Trump at the center.

2) That the chairman of the joint chiefs has made his sensibilities and his allegiance clear.

Jesus Christ, being -Q is almost as bad as being part of Q-anon. STFU.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
You're not doing a very good job at convincing anyone that you really don't need to log off.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
all hail the q-baby, the q-baby is life

the Holy one shall deliver us sustenance in times of need

and protect the flock from unbelievers

deliver us passage through the swamp

thus the deep state trembles at His holy visage

Q-Baby:5-12:784

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I strongly believe that humans can never fully comprehend Q and his droppings so there is really no way for a person to achieve full enlightenment by themselves. But because Q loved the American people so much and still wanted them to experience true enlightenment, he send the Q baby so that it can act as a bridge between Q and us and bring us real understanding. I believe that there is no enlightenment but the Great Awakening and that the Q baby is the only path to it. Its first words are going to be very important an I hope each one is recorded thoroughly. Thank you for reading, Q bless.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

GABA ghoul posted:

I strongly believe that humans can never fully comprehend Q and his droppings so there is really no way for a person to achieve full enlightenment by themselves. But because Q loved the American people so much and still wanted them to experience true enlightenment, he send the Q baby so that it can act as a bridge between Q and us and bring us real understanding. I believe that there is no enlightenment but the Great Awakening and that the Q baby is the only path to it. Its first words are going to be very important an I hope each one is recorded thoroughly. Thank you for reading, Q bless.

:nws: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N7wotKNaj_s:nws:

EDIT: There’s a boob so be careful.

I AM GRANDO fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 21, 2020

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Well, my mom has officially become unpilled. She had never mentioned Q before I brought it up last week, but I had a notion that she was getting into it since she'd started circumspectly talking about how maybe Trump wasn't such a bad guy, and how confusing all the conflicting narratives were, and how you couldn't believe anyone. She was also talking about how some third candidate would appear out of the void (I'm guessing that's JFK Jr?). She's always been into some very fringe new age stuff but the paranoia and fear were super out of character and I was really worried about where it was going.

Apparently there are some very influential new agey people who kicked it off by saying this was going to be a year of great change and healing, and Trump was the guy that was going to usher it in. Her spiritual healing circles have spent the last few months living in fear and anxiously circulating Facebook stories about JFK Jr, Mother Teresa: Child Rapist, McD's containing human meat, Michelle Obama is a man, etc.

My mom said her moment of realization was recognizing that her spiritual healing groups had turned away from peace and love and become entirely about fear and war against the deep state. She said it was very confusing because there were all sorts of conflicting messages in the news, and those influential folks that she trusted were pushing Q hard, and they kinda whipped themselves into a frenzy sitting at home and sharing Facebook stories with each other all day every day. Unfortunately it looks like most of her friends are still in the tank for Q and Trump.

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
Great to hear about your mom. Sort-of related, I recently came across the term "burned-over district" and the excerpt below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burned-over_district

quote:

"I found that region of country what, in the western phrase, would be called, a 'burnt district.' There had been, a few years previously, a wild excitement passing through that region, which they called a revival of religion, but which turned out to be spurious." ... "It was reported as having been a very extravagant excitement; and resulted in a reaction so extensive and profound, as to leave the impression on many minds that religion was a mere delusion. A great many men seemed to be settled in that conviction."

Maybe a sweeping disillusionment of this kind could be the outcome for many people fully caught up in the Q net. Maybe it doesn't have to be the feared/worst case, that QAnon persists and evolves and only slowly peters out while shuttling people into Christian fundamentalism, etc.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am not sure that reactionaries suffering an utter disillusionment and crisis of faith would be a negative outcome. If it did that to the point it took them out of political participation altogether it might end up being a net positive.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/texas-qanon-car-attack-cecilia-fulbright/

Some Qultist tried to run some people off the road to #savethechildren" the other day.

Lady Homunculus
May 22, 2017
I feel bad for her friend who texted her Q stuff to say "lol check out these weirdos" and accidentally radicalized her. And she blew a .21, man.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Pence denounced Q, which won’t move have an effect. Many Q people believe that he’ll be replace in 2020 by JFK Jr and even that he’s part of the cabal.

We’ve learned that evangelicals never really needed winning over, because Trump’s hateful bullshit is what they want most of all. There’s no need to give it a veneer of respectability or piety. And despite initial plans that the vice presidency would do a lot of day-to-day stuff while Trump focuses on rallies and tweets, we hear about Pence seems to do a lot less work than other toadies. Plus Trump’s interest in actually affecting things, while whimsical and sporadic, is still greater than anticipated.

Still, just not being present doesn’t seem like a reason for Qultists to turn on him before now, so why have they?

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

Dr Christmas posted:

Pence denounced Q, which won’t move have an effect. Many Q people believe that he’ll be replace in 2020 by JFK Jr and even that he’s part of the cabal.

He didn't truly denounce it, as far as I could see. He said he didn't know what it was (yeah), and implied that as a conspiracy theory, it shouldn't be part of serious political discourse. That's different, and seems to be the boilerplate Republican response so far. If you check in on a Reddit board like r/conservative, the subject pops up, but with responses like 'The attention the human trafficking of children is getting is a positive thing tho' or 'QAnons believe that anyone with positive net worth has to be a Satanist'. Like Pence, they know what QAnon is about, they just don't want to admit it.

Between now and the election, going to be impossible for those in Trump's inner circle to prevent him from doing his Super Subtle 'You know, some people say...' thing about being the Messianic purger of Deep State Satanists. At present, QAnon is having the Brexit-type effect of persuading some people who haven't voted for decades (including the last US election) that I Never Voted Before, But...Now Is The Time!:

some luckless woman whose mother fell into QAnon posted:

you better believe each and every one of Q's followers will be voting, including my mother who hasn't voted in an election since Nixon.

So...I wonder about the effect on people who might vote Biden, but think he's a terrible candidate, will be when Trump undeniably reveals he knows what QAnon is about and is A-OK with it. Can Biden turn out more hold-your-nose votes from the existence of QAnon than Trump can get Now Is The Time ones? Gosh, this is exciting (actually, as someone watching from over the pond, it's extremely alarming).

Dr Christmas posted:

Still, just not being present doesn’t seem like a reason for Qultists to turn on him before now, so why have they?

Some of 'em have turned on Pence, but interestingly, Q himself has so far remained silent. Awkwardly for Q, his last drop on 8kun.top consisted of the words FIFTH COLUMN. That's the problem with being a prophet -- sometimes, by chance, you'll drop a vague prophecy a day or so before an event that's a fortuitously good match for your words. Should Q imply that Pence is a loyal operative? Or that this stony-faced Christianoid is actually Deep State? Choices, choices (on balance, I predict Q will go the safe route and pick no. 1).

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

RubberLuffy posted:

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/texas-qanon-car-attack-cecilia-fulbright/

Some Qultist tried to run some people off the road to #savethechildren" the other day.

quote:

Sydney Molina, a​​ former roommate of Fulbright, said that Fulbright “has a history of mental health issues” that have gone untreated. She added that Fulbright’s family was “super huge” into supporting the president and that Fulbright was “feeding off her own family’s crazy Trump love.” At some point in May, Molina claims to have introduced Fulbright to QAnon.

“I was the one who originally sent her stuff, and her boyfriend sent her stuff, kind of like laughing at how ridiculous it is,” Molina said.

But according to Molina, Fulbright ​began to sincerely follow the conspiracy theory.

Mueller and Molina both said they were surprised to receive pro-QAnon messages from Fulbright​, and they described her as a political “progressive” before ​she began following the far-right conspiracy theory. Fulbright’s attempts to sway those around her fits the pattern of “redpilling”​—a term the QAnon community uses to describe the act of converting another person to their beliefs. Evangelizing QAnon and Trump is part and parcel of the movement’s core tenets.

holy gently caress there really is a crunchy vaguely-liberal new-age to qanon hog pipeline

maybe the best thing to stop that pipeline is to politicize it from a resistance dem: lmao all these qanon hogs are just insane maga people who want to make their pussy grabbing daddy a Hero. of course, that will probably trigger a reaction by conventional conservatives, in which case you go: lmao you realize how loving stupid you look believing this mole children poo poo

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Phobophilia posted:

holy gently caress there really is a crunchy vaguely-liberal new-age to qanon hog pipeline

There absolutely is, and I've been tryin' to raise that alarm for years now. In the traveller community, among train hoppers and intentional communities and rubber trampers and deadheads and water protectors and dirty kids and woo-headed hippies... Q has grown a LOT over the last 3 years in these communities. There's a bit of a civil war happening now in my corner of that network, as I've been pushing back hard around campfires for those whole 3 years, and I've got a solid group of people that are savvy, and we're pushing back against a lot of ignorant people (antivaxxers that were homeschooled in the woods, don't know how to spell, that sort) pushing Q (along with covid denial, 5g fears, etc). I got kicked out of my favorite community over this, and it's getting to be a conflict that's ripping communities in half.

Which is a much better situation than what I foresaw 3 years ago, where those communities would have just emerged fully immersed in Q legend, perplexing everyone that wasn't expecting to get flanked from the left.

But yeah. The woo-to-Q pipeline is real. It was designed that way.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Live at a Q rally

https://twitter.com/lcrwnews/status/1297220591238275072?s=21

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
What stands out to me at this rally and the other recent one covered on QAnon Anonymous is that so many people there are young. :(

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
was innocently watching some Fear and Loathing clips on yt remembering how great it is and suddenly went :catstare:

I've watched this movie so many times over the years but the name of the drug was never significant

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (10/10) Movie CLIP - Too Much Adrenochrome

Surprise surprise the comments are pure insanity

quote:

They put the truth right in front of our faces to mock us.

quote:

this scene is super satanic, pink is the color of adrenochrome when it becomes oxidezed. the entire room is pink . LUCY, short for Lucifer calls him on the phone

quote:

This drug is what the movie monster's inc. was based off. Just another mockery.

quote:

This was before people were WAKING up. Now a lot of people are WAKING up and they are scrambling to label everything and everyone who outs them as Conspiracy theories/theorist!! BS! WAKE UP its real!

quote:

Your symbolism will be your downfall. Your time is almost up. Protect the children.

quote:

The pink color is based on the innocense of childrens, always watched on toys and cartoons.
The world is so sick.

etc etc etc

hoo boy

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Maher does another decent bit where he claims to be Q and messages his people. He did the first one a few years ago, I believe.

https://youtu.be/YfJq1K20YZg

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Adventures in de-radicalisation:

(previously)
Hey XX. I saw your post in Qanon Aus last week about not sleeping and having nightmares. I feel your pain. I want to ask if you would consider reading this. Please keep an open mind, and go all the way to the end. It’s long, and it’s full of links and videos, so you can do your own research and verify as much as you like yourself. I know it’s going to be different to what you’ve been told and I know that’s going to be hard to believe, but I also know that you want the truth.
I’m writing cos I can see that you are genuinely concerned about the kids, and would hate for that to be exploited by people with a political agenda. I hope that maybe this can bring you some relief.

Thanks Bucky. I will check it out today n get back to you ❤

Hmmmm. A lot makes sense. A lot of things I was wondering... This means everything is fake tho? All made up for political gain. That we've all been played like fools???
I cannot even comprehend this. It makes me sick. Is that really what its all about? If this is the truth, I will never be able to believe another thing I see or hear or feel. Ever! What kind of world do we truly live in. 😢

So Obama is not Hitler's grandson? What about the Queen then? Is she not evil? Those 10 children never showed up after she took them on a picnic. 911 wasn't an inside job then? What about Titanic. Did Rothchilds not play a part in the sinking if that? So Trumps just as bad as Andrew? Is the Andrew thing even true? All the Hollywood stars are innocent? What about Disney & all those connections? What about Covid? Is it actually quite deadly then? Honestly, I feel completely heart broken right now. 💔

I mean, it's all pretty complicated. Some of that might be partly true, some might be completely made up. Don't worry too much for now. Just take some time to decompress

Ok if you do want answers to those questions I’m happy to help:

"So Obama is not Hitler's grandson? "
No
"What about the Queen then? Is she not evil?"
Well, I mean she’s the head of the British empire which invaded countries around the world for a hundreds of years, and still enjoys the benefits of that, but she’s not hunting or killing or trafficking children, no. The story you heard about the 10 children could have been made up, or just have another explanation
"911 wasn't an inside job then? "
This one is complicated, because the US has definitely gone to war on false pretences before, and lots of people profited from the wars that followed. So I can’t say for sure, but it doesn’t look like it, no.
"What about Titanic. Did Rothschilds not play a part in the sinking if that?"
I… doubt it? If there are few people you want to kill, there are better ways to do that that to try and hit an iceberg in the ocean with a supposedly unsinkable ship.
"So Trumps just as bad as Andrew? "
Well, we don’t know exactly how bad every one is compared to each other, but trump is definitely bad, yeah. That doesn’t mean he’s a child trafficker or anything, he’s just sleazy and gross and knew about Epstien and didn’t do anything
"Is the Andrew thing even true? "
If you mean was Prince Andrew involved with at least one underage girl with Jeffry Epstein, then the answer is almost certainly yeah.
"All the Hollywood stars are innocent?"
Innocent of what? Trafficking children? Yes. Guilty of other crimes? Sure.
"What about Disney & all those connections?"
Sometimes a bored animator might slip a frame of something naughty into a film, because they think it’s funny. That doesn’t mean there is a grand plot to traffick children, no.
"What about Covid? Is it actually quite deadly then?"
Well, yeah, it’s killed hundreds of thousands of people. It’s infected a lot more, so the mortality rate is quite low, but it spreads really easily.
"Honestly, I feel completely heart broken right now."
It’s ok. The world is better than it was before. That big massive cover up isn’t happening. They’re not torturing hundreds of thousands of kids. There’s still a problem, and there are plenty of people working hard on going after those responsible. I'm happy to try and answer any other questions you have too. It's great you're asking.

Fri 06:11
Under Trumps administration the highest number of pedo's have been arrested. Is that not reason enough to believe & vote for him?

Another good question. If you’re talking about that ‘dauntless dialogue’ website – you can see yourself that the first 10 of them were before Trump even came in to office. And the rest of the numbers are relatively normal. By some accounts they might have actually gone down, but that’s more a result of the way he’s fractured the country rather than anything deliberate. There have been some good prosecutions, sure. Mostly by local and state authorities. Like I said, you don’t need to worry, there are good people working hard on this, and there have been for a long time. Trump isn’t really one of them though. Look at his tweets, look at his press conferences. We know how much he loves to talk about how good he is – has he ever mentioned it? Like, almost never. Does this sound like someone who cares about this issue?

I have watched alot of press conferences & seen alot of tweets, very rarely has he mentioned child trafficking. Have u done this W any other Annons? Sent them ur article? If so, what was their response? And so if ur not in favour of Trump, are u a Dem??
And what about Blake?
https://www.facebook.com/1524051806/posts/10223199764812148/

I’ve shown a few friends and acquaintances, some have been interested yeah, some have said thanks, some have just ignored it. Ignoring it is the easiest thing to do, confronting it is hard, and I’m really happy you’ve chosen to do it. I don’t really care about republican or democrat. My political philosophy is based on kindness really. Does trump seem very kind to you? I’m not sure what the question about Blake is, but yeah, child abuse and pedophilia are real, of course, which is why it’s so important to make sure we’re getting the right information.

U stopped writing? Ur truth, I mean. Have u written anymore after this?
I'm guessing all the famous people on the so called flight log, are Dems then n that's y they r being accused of satanic rituals? So all the videos inregards to the underground tunnels are all fake. There is no tunnel system?
Jeffreys island, I seen footage of civilians going across & videoing & it looked like ritual grounds. When I used Google Earth, it looked like a tennis court was photoshopped on this ground. Are there no tunnels there?
Wairfair scandal is fake too?
I'm sorry for the questions. My mind is still boggling. I thought I knew the truth. I've accused innocent people of horrendous crimes. That's very upsetting. I've dedicated so much time & energy into something I thought was true. I thought I knew the truth.
Andrenochome is fake?
If all false, the amount of energy they have expelled into this is phenomenal!
Obviously the treason from Obama & Clinton r fake also?
Q sent out a video message, I just seen it yesterday n it's to tell Annons about false news on Trump. It made me so upset that they r doing his dirty work for him. I think he will call on them if he looses the election n many lives will be lost 😢

https://www.facebook.com/100017164360009/videos/711496249432514

OMG! If Trump is bad & all the satanic stuff is false, he said he will be rolling out this vaccine backed by Moderna.
Annons believe that this is code word to infact mean he is rolling out lethal injections to anyone commiting crimes against humanity.
If this vaccine does what she is saying, he could wipe out an entire species aka Dems!!! He will be the most powerful man in the world!!

Please don’t apologise for the questions. It’s the best thing you can do.
I haven’t stopped writing, I’m just taking some time to process it all too. I only recently figured it all out myself. Talking to people like yourself is really valuable too.
The flight logs are fake, yes, you can see that they’re basically just a word document that anyone could make. Bill Clinton did fly on it a bunch of times, but that was mostly for charity work, cos that’s how these Billionaires work, they let politicians use their planes and stuff. Trump was definitely there at least once.
The tunnels are fake, yes.
Jeffrey’s island is real, and bad stuff happened there. I doubt it was actual child sacrifice, but they did lure a lot of young girls there over the years. That part is true. That’s why he was arrested. And yes, there are some rich and powerful people, like Prince Andrew, who participated in it too. I’m not saying that there is no bad stuff in the world. I don’t think there are tunnels involved, but that’s not really the point.
Wayfair scandal is fake, yes.
I understand that it must feel upsetting, and I’m so sorry you’ve been put through this, it’s not fair, and it’s not your fault. They have exploited good people. You did what you thought was right. They have taken advantage of the fact that anyone can say anything on the internet, and enough people will take it on, to then make it seem real and then catch more people. There are millions all over the world. And like you said, it’s your energy they’ve been putting into it, so it’s not even theirs. They set it up in such a way that innocent people would do most of the work themselves, they just had to plant the right seeds in the right places, and water them from time to time
And yes the ‘treason’ from Obama and Clinton is fake too.
Could you show me the recent video message from Q? I think you’re absolutely right that the Annons will be called on if he loses, and I can only hope that many lives wont’ be lost. So I’m grateful for this.

I'll find it now for you. It was scary to watch. What about the above video.
Trump is W Moderna. This vaccine will be the mark of the beast!

I skipped through some of it, but no, it's basically fake
There are plenty of problems with pharmaceutical companies, but they're not going to secretly wipe out a species of political opponents

https://www.facebook.com/Anonymous4Q/videos/1270947343250751/
Call to Action
Q Anon "Real Information"

There are alot of people accepting the challenge. There are alot of people ready to physically fight for him. It's funny he mentioned 2.0 and the Dr video above mentions it too.

Far out. It's unbelievable. Where is this happening? I thought FB banned most of the Q groups, are there still some left or are they making new ones?

FB. They deleated a big Annons group. QAnnon Australia still up & running. I dunno how this video is still up there tho.

Oh interesting, I can't see the Qanon Australia group anymore. anyway it doesn't really matter I guess
Gah well there you go, they must have kicked me out

Heaps of groups still there. Think they deleating the big ones tho

Well to your last point, about trump working with Moderna, if it makes you feel any better, he’s not really operating on that level. He likes the power and prestige of the presidency, but luckily doesn’t have much substance beyond that.
The whole Q thing is clever of course, but it’s not really “him”

OK thanks Bucky. I can sleep now. It's all so exhausting really! My brain is a mess ATM. Thank you for ur help again.

My pleasure XX, thank you for being so honest
Please feel free to ask anything you want whenever you like

I don't think its fair if he wins Presidency again after knowing all this. All the Q people r being played. It's not nice at all.

You’re right, it won’t be fair. And it’s definitely not nice. But he almost certainly won’t win.

Sat 21:55
Can I ask if any of the people in your life are into this too? Or was it all online?
06:10

Morning Bucky. All on line. I live in a small town. They all think I'm a loony. Thinjnthet were right 😢 but I have a few contacts on line, mainly Mums like myself. They've been pm me things like we normally do, only now I cannot reply. Not sure what to say to them 😔

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

This lays it out about as clear as can be:

https://medium.com/@registrarproject17/jim-watkins-is-q-the-russians-are-helping-him-and-other-adventures-b457848e210b

https://medium.com/@registrarproject17/qanon-is-an-enormous-alternate-reality-game-arg-run-by-malevolent-puppetmasters-27e6b098ce9b

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
That second article was reasonable. The first was in the Q tone targeting truthers and made my skin crawl. Very strange. Both effective in their own way, I guess.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Uh did you ask these people before spilling their life to goons. Even anonymously this seems a bit much to prove a point.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Some people are interested in trying to de-escalate this thing. I am sharing an experience in the hope it may be of some help to others.

I have no interest in proving anything to someone like you, and it is illustrative of your arrogance that you think that's what this is.

I would ask how your community outreach is going, but you’ve never answered anything until now so there doesn't seem much point.

Please leave me alone.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 23, 2020

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I believe you're fighting the good fight Bucky. Any disagreement I have with you about Qanon's origins are on a "distinction without difference" level ("Qanon being taken over by a psyop on the proverbial day 3" and "Qanon was a psyop from day 1" both have equally terrifying and often outright identical implications).

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
My hunch is that QAnon started as just a troll, because it just seems too weird to be something that someone would plan for. But I'm chuckling imagining some low-level stiff in some Russian intelligence meeting says "Why don't we post on the anime Nazi board and tell them that fuckin' uhhhhhhh Hillary Clinton will be arrested in a couple days," gets brushed off, and then must deal with a meteoric rise and all the attention and jealousy and expectations.

After a weeks of Joe Biden promising not to fix anything, seeing QAnon push that BLM rally aside feels like a really loving grim portent.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I believe you're fighting the good fight Bucky. Any disagreement I have with you about Qanon's origins are on a "distinction without difference" level ("Qanon being taken over by a psyop on the proverbial day 3" and "Qanon was a psyop from day 1" both have equally terrifying and often outright identical implications).

think the origins are p much irrelevant at this point yeah. this poo poo is out of control now

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Mackers posted:

think the origins are p much irrelevant at this point yeah. this poo poo is out of control now

for it to be a psy-op they'd have had to be able to predict how batshit insane the Trump admin would get and how well that would mesh with his ranting on twitter and what not. When Q was first posting Trump hadn't really transformed into his final form yet, he was still somewhat under the control of adults. It took another 12-18 months for him to drive everyone halfway competent out of the administration.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
actually thinking about it, honestly "started organically but got co-opted into a psyop early on" is legit scarier than both "it was a psyop from the start" and "it's purely organic", since that would basically have a mix of the dreadful implications from each of the 2 scenarios

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s no scarier that operation gladio or any of the times the us helped brutal authoritarian regimes subvert democracy and initiate reigns of terror on their own people. The cia never creates the fascists, but united fruit needs those bananas.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Agreed.

Interestingly, no one who thinks it started as a troll seems to have mentioned Microchip or Dreamcatcher, who supposedly are the ones who told Jack Posobiec that they started it, and have discord chatlogs to 'prove' it.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...lti8vKLkWkJKR90

https://thefederalist.com/2018/10/2...CaUoDnXHCyIoVTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSDqBVVFfsM

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3685630/posts?fbclid=IwAR1jIFfu0nM-d89IetGXHUvW3ZZL_NdmMX3vUGQuj2dFR61J2jBdV8KytgM

It seems perfectly plausible. And is consistent with the observation that it was in fact a sophisticated pro-trump signal booster bot network message massager thing from the outset. So maybe these professional bullshitters are telling the truth here, or maybe this is another part of the plan, to come out a year later and act like it's a joke. The fact it's Posobeic on OAN leans towards the latter.

But you're right, it doesn't actually matter. The point is it's being controlled now. The only difference this conversation makes is how much creative credit we have to give them. Funnily enough I think I would feel better if we were under attack by someone who referenced late 20th century Italian anarchist literature.

Either way, as Portland showed today, the situation as it now stands has a very real chance of dangerously escalating.

https://twitter.com/1misanthrophile/status/1297276390354477056?s=20

https://twitter.com/jimstewartson/status/1297346351869521923?s=20

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1297339019655749633?s=20

On top of the traditional tribal factions which have always fought, we are dealing with unstable people, who are utterly convinced that there are children being tortured, and apparently you guys have pretty easy access to high powered fire arms.

And it doesn't have to be a direct connection remember, it's a domino effect, feeding energy. They make a scene and one thing leads to another.

pseudanonymous posted:

for it to be a psy-op they'd have had to be able to predict how batshit insane the Trump admin would get

No, they wouldn't. But yeah it doesn't matter and I couldn't be bothered to deal with that anymore.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Where's the "LOL Horseshoe Theory" crowd? Times past, they'd be in like a herd of gophers falling over themselves with the handwaving.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

May be a bit premature, but this could be something. I know Brennan Williams has been chasing QAnon a lot and could be reputable.

https://twitter.com/aismallard/status/1297630538526855168

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Chomposaur posted:

Well, my mom has officially become unpilled. She had never mentioned Q before I brought it up last week, but I had a notion that she was getting into it since she'd started circumspectly talking about how maybe Trump wasn't such a bad guy, and how confusing all the conflicting narratives were, and how you couldn't believe anyone. She was also talking about how some third candidate would appear out of the void (I'm guessing that's JFK Jr?). She's always been into some very fringe new age stuff but the paranoia and fear were super out of character and I was really worried about where it was going.

Apparently there are some very influential new agey people who kicked it off by saying this was going to be a year of great change and healing, and Trump was the guy that was going to usher it in. Her spiritual healing circles have spent the last few months living in fear and anxiously circulating Facebook stories about JFK Jr, Mother Teresa: Child Rapist, McD's containing human meat, Michelle Obama is a man, etc.

My mom said her moment of realization was recognizing that her spiritual healing groups had turned away from peace and love and become entirely about fear and war against the deep state. She said it was very confusing because there were all sorts of conflicting messages in the news, and those influential folks that she trusted were pushing Q hard, and they kinda whipped themselves into a frenzy sitting at home and sharing Facebook stories with each other all day every day. Unfortunately it looks like most of her friends are still in the tank for Q and Trump.

That’s awesome, and fascinating, because it feels like the Venn diagram of “People who will fall into that world” and “People who will actually get themselves out of their own accord based on the same evidence that got them in there” is quite slim.

Perhaps this might help her deal with some of her friends, please give it to here and give it a go: https://medium.com/@daniel.ed.morri...gn-c3e5b89dd734

And yes the vaguely-liberal new-age to qanon hog pipeline pipeline is well established, and understandably powerful, and consequently dangerous.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Who is Jim Watkins

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Who is Jim Watkins

Guy who bought 8chan or 8kun or whatever it's called now

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Grondoth posted:

Who is Jim Watkins

The guy who bought 8chan and now runs 8kun

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Grondoth posted:

Who is Jim Watkins

The Behind the Bastards episode with 8chans founder tells the story pretty well afaik

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/the-man-trying-to-resurrect-8chan-52653860/

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Grondoth posted:

Who is Jim Watkins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Chomposaur posted:

become unpilled.

Here's another way someone has been de-radicalised:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/30/podcasts/rabbit-hole-internet-youtube-virus.html

this is a great podcast miniseries dealing with the youtube algorithm radicalisation pipeline (stephen moylineuxph, to rogan, to milo, to crowder, and so on). It's obviously successfully sucked a lot of people in.

In this episode, this guy comes across a twitch streamer called Destiny, who debates far-right fuckwits while playing games in his videos, and he destroys them. Tears their arguments apart. And that was made this guy literally stop in his tracks and go "hold on". And then pulled him all the way out.