Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
How about we visit the masterminds over at /r/INTJ.

quote:

What is an efficient way to meet INxx people (preferably single women) who live in your country? (+10)

I'm 38 and I'm struggling to come up with ways to meet women in their 30s who are single here in Belgium, as I'm looking to find a new significant other.

I think we can all know how difficult it is being a puppet master in a world of marionettes.

quote:

how can i hate myself this much but still have some weird toxic superiority complex (+420 :420:)

i hate how i often think i’m above others or better than them but i hate myself so drat much, i hate that i don’t feel bad for others when something happens but then feel sorry for myself over something insignificant. i hate how i feel nothing but then i feel every emotion at once at 3 loving am. what the actual gently caress is wrong with me?

Emphasis mine. Dude posts exclusively on /r/INTJ and various Harry Potter fanfiction subreddits.

quote:

The Wrong People are Running the World! (+274)

A lot of people in charge don't think deeply about processes and patterns. They often just make decisions based on ideals and not necessarily on sustainability and high yielding success. Why does this happen?

Captain big brain knows if we just voted in the most updooted posters from /r/INTJ we'd solve all the world's problems. Culture? Historical context? What's that? The only non-personality test subreddit this dude posts in is for It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

the answer to all reddit question is therapy

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

only an INTJ could have the insight to notice that people with power use it selfishly.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Whats INTJ? I vaguely recall having to do this sort of personality quiz once

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Like Brahmin caste for nerds

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I stands for introvert right

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's a personality from the Myers-Briggs test, which is a corrupted branch of astrology.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Ugh i googled intj and its a cartoon of a guy with a vest and a goatee holding his chin thinking with a single raised eyebrow with the word "architect" lol gently caress

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I might have been joking but I wasn't lying to you lol

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The cool thing about the Myers-Briggs test is that you can take it multiple times and get a different personality each time!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

I might have been joking but I wasn't lying to you lol

gently caress mate this poo poo is a trip

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Extra Large Marge posted:

The cool thing about the Myers-Briggs test is that you can take it multiple times and get a different personality each time!

i'm pretty sure i'll get a different result depending on how good of a night's sleep i got

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DickParasite posted:

How about we visit the masterminds over at /r/INTJ.

I think we can all know how difficult it is being a puppet master in a world of marionettes.

Emphasis mine. Dude posts exclusively on /r/INTJ and various Harry Potter fanfiction subreddits.

Captain big brain knows if we just voted in the most updooted posters from /r/INTJ we'd solve all the world's problems. Culture? Historical context? What's that? The only non-personality test subreddit this dude posts in is for It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

There’s a fantastic F Plus episode about this subreddit:

https://thefpl.us/episode/232

People who are way too into their Myer’s Briggs results are hilarious, it’s a mix of ego and being absolutely pathetic that just tickles me every time.

I’m gonna trawl r/NEET in a bit, that’s gotta be some good fodder. Nothing like people who make “is intensely, aggressively unemployed” their entire personality.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Ugly In The Morning posted:

People who are way too into their Myer’s Briggs results are hilarious, it’s a mix of ego and being absolutely pathetic that just tickles me every time.

I feel like it's Mensa for people who are too dumb to get into Mensa.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Get yourself to r/retconned posthaste. It’s people who think “everyone died in 2012 and we’re in a different universe” is a more reasonable explanation for stuff than “I misremembered something/hadn’t heard about this before”. It’s r/mandelaeffect’s crazier brother.

Someone posted about /r/retconned ITT months ago and it's become one of my favorite subs to gawk at since. It's the same Mandela Effect theorizing but for the persecuted souls who don't want to be repeatedly told "you just remembered it wrong". It's essentially a ME safe space or role play sub, but they get extremely salty if you refer to it as such.

A lot of posts are "proof" (or "residue") of something that's been modified, which usually means a photo of an Uncle Sam hat with stripes (the original photo has been changed to not have stripes, you see). The rest are people explaining that the reason they're so depressed is because the sun is a different color now. It's wild.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Telemaze posted:

His soul dick

don't forget big hat logan's biggest accomplishment, crystal homing soul dick

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

quote:

She is enjoying a devil's bargain.

When her "fun" is over, she will be alone with cats, and high standards that can never be satisfied.

She will want one of those man's sexual abilities, The other man's income, and the other man's assertiveness.... and she will get nothing especially if she becomes a single mom because a 35 year old man can date or even marry a 25 year old woman.

And I'm well aware that many women with kids get remarried... currently... but that is beginning to change.

Society used to know and understand this. Men have standards. They don't want to get involved, usually, with women who are 35 and older, have kids, are covered in tattoos, and are asking the question "where have the good men gone."

There are tons of exceptions... but many women at 35 have higher standards, yet don't offer anything that a 35 year old man wants. It used to be more doable to get remarried, but it isn't so common anymore.

Give me your hate. Let me know your thoughts. I'm curious to read any legitimate opinions. I'm not here to be mean or anything. I'm just calling things as I see them.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

That's exactly like that incel comic

All women over the age of 30 are used up and no man could possible want them

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Extra Large Marge posted:

In fairness this is true for any kind of psychological test.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://old.reddit.com/r/unpopularopinion/comments/iehtjb/people_receiving_benefits_should_be_prohibited/

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

xtal posted:

In fairness this is true for any kind of psychological test.

And most published psychology experiments too! Non-reproducibility is a huge issue

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hobo Clown posted:

Someone posted about /r/retconned ITT months ago and it's become one of my favorite subs to gawk at since. It's the same Mandela Effect theorizing but for the persecuted souls who don't want to be repeatedly told "you just remembered it wrong". It's essentially a ME safe space or role play sub, but they get extremely salty if you refer to it as such.

A lot of posts are "proof" (or "residue") of something that's been modified, which usually means a photo of an Uncle Sam hat with stripes (the original photo has been changed to not have stripes, you see). The rest are people explaining that the reason they're so depressed is because the sun is a different color now. It's wild.

So many people are so mad and scared that the stuff they misremember from school was wrong

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What percentage of ME believers are american? Because it seems an egotistical thing and I think americans are unrivaled in arrogance

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

The namesake "effect"-- falsely remembering that Nelson Mandela died in the 70's-- seems to be mostly an American thing. I doubt anyone actually living in South Africa would make that error. Likewise anything involving major geographic changes, like New Zealand being north of Australia or the existence of an entire extra continent (you'd think people living there would notice). Here's a list of them:
https://mandelaeffect.com/more-moving-countries/

But there's also this:
https://mandelaeffect.com/51-52-united-states/

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

recently i had a mandela effect for realizing the Island of Sardinia exists. Like i was playing Crusader Kings and, "was that island in the Mediterranean always there?"

swoooosh

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
From R/NEET

quote:

NEETs are the new Aristocratic class
I saw this comment and wondered what you thought of it. I tend to agree because NEETs are the free thinkers of our generation and don't want to play the game

"NEETs are the modern aristocratic class. With my abundant free time and freedom from the stresses of a waging life, I've cultivated my mind to an extent the time-poor and mentally haggard wageslave couldn't hope to emulate. As Bertrand Russel so aptly pointed out in his defense of leisure, the British race, and humanity more generally, has NEETs to thank for the progress of the sciences and the arts and even of industry. The best contributions are made by those without strenuous limitations on their time; consider Charles Darwin being forced to work as a blacksmith, and all the geniuses whose potential was never realized on account of their life of labor. Make no mistake, the wageslave is merely the ink with which the NEET quill writes history."

quote:

Should we be assigned a normie to look after us?
We could offer a service like a cat but we are a Human version of a cat, make the normies feel good about themselves and we can feel safe and secure.

If I was a wagie I would want a NEET around the house to help out or just play games with .

Someone should make a app to match us up with people who want us as a pet.

quote:

NEETs have increased awareness, they are closer to God than normies
I've been thinking about this a lot and I think the constant use of the internet has sort of "expanded" the mind of the NEET, constantly being aware of news and the world around them, being updated about media like video games and anime etc. A god would be characterized by knowing everything (not trying to start a religious debate, just talking about God in a analytical way), he knows what's going on everywhere and what's going to happen in the future, NEETs are closer to that kind of God like omniscience than normies since they are hooked up to the internet all the time, in essence they are more aware of things than normies. I think this is also why real societal change can come from NEETs, because they see many things at once and are able to think of new ideas and new ways of creating change that normies are unable to comprehend.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 22, 2020

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

quote:

constantly being aware of news and the world around them, being updated about media like video games and anime etc

i wonder which one takes precedence...

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

:magical:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I have more. So much more.

quote:

I am jealous of true NEETS.

Howdy r/NEET

I am looking down the barrel of working my self to death for the rest of my life and I am jealous of neets who don't have to work. I am perfectly healthy unfortunately so no chance of free NEETBUX. The idea of laboring for another man for 30+ years is emasculating and since I am too poor to have my own business I know ill never escape "middle" class. How did yall transition from high school to NEETdom?

quote:

Is there any worse sound than a normie enjoying themself?

Call me a Grinch, but upon hearing their cackles, screeches and jubilations, I can't help but to feel aurally assaulted at their blissful ignorance at to the true state of life.

I can hear it in their voice, the unconcern with life, as if they were floating on a cloud, or going through their life as if it were a dream, or on auto-pilot.

You may enjoy yourselves normies, but not with such abandon that I can hear it through my walls or when you pass the street by my room.
Spoiler tagging this one because it’s :stonk: enough I’m taking a break for now:

quote:

My idea for how we can help all neets have sex
Unfortunately it is pretty hard to have sex as a NEET. For me it's because I'm loving ugly and fat. I have a plan for how we can all have sex.

So a key issue is that hookers are pretty expensive and neetbuxx aren't enough to cover it. The way I thought of it is to have a large line of glory holes where we all put our penises inside. Then, by pooling our money together we can hire prostitutes for about 20-30% of the holes and actually afford it. For the rest of the holes we can have gay males who would be glad to suck cock for free. It doesn't have to apply for just blowjobs it can be anal as well.

This way when you put your cock inside and finish, you never know 100% if it was a man or a woman. That way you aren't gay nor straight but you can have sex. This way we can afford to have sex without necessarily having to gently caress gay males.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I have more. So much more.

Spoiler tagging this one because it’s :stonk: enough I’m taking a break for now:
[/spoiler]

ahahahaha

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Schrödinger’s Gloryhole

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

[/spoiler]

:hmmrona:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
My truth...about a enitity being attached to me for 3 years .
After I met my TF my whole life changed dramatically for the worst ..Yes you read right ,an enitity has been attached to me for 3 years ,and it doesn't want to leave ....it talks through me as by using my mouth and voice to communicate ,yeah I know very weird ....we have conversations everyday when I'm alone ,it tells me remarkable things about the world and what's going on with me .I would also like to add that this enitity has the ability to move and shift my body around whenever it wants to .Iev gotten so used to it that it's like a new normal for me .Iev tried everything ,to get rid of this possession but nothing has worked ,it's like having a someone cajoined to you 24/7.Im on medication because doctors can't make sense of what's going on . All I know is that the spirit world exsists and to tread carefully .Cause now I'm stuck with an "imaginary best friend " for life .

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

Im on medication because doctors can't make sense of what's going on .

I'm sure that's why.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Let's not have a 5 pages derail about video games again but Gaming is a healthier medium for young adults than Social Media and YouTube in terms of mental health has 36k upvotes and a dozen awards including '4x Faith in Humanity Restored' awards on unpopularopinion

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

‘faith in humanity’ has been one of those phrases that makes me dislike someone for the at least 15 years. “ugh, i turned on the radio and they were playing (blech) POP MUSIC! smh people don’t appreciate real music like i, a man who set his ringtone to fur elise in the early 2000s, do.”

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Walton Simons posted:

Let's not have a 5 pages derail about video games again but

You knew what you were doing but you did it anyways, you bastard!!!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Walton Simons posted:

Let's not have a 5 pages derail about video games again

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

point: video games are for children and man-children, the stories always suck, they aren't art, they'll probably never be art, you are wasting your life, and the genre and/or franchise you admire the most is not only a bad game but it was developed by racists/sex weirds.

counterpoint: Well actually...

And we're done. One post instead of five pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
is NEETBUX just their parents??