Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
E: this will not be my snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

E: this will not be my snipe

Now THIS is some quality posting.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
More creative doesn’t mean better than, or funny, or worth doing, or worth posting

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

Right now if you post dark Simpsons everyone tells you that it sucks. That seems to work pretty well.

I'd be happy to read a dark if it were actually funny. If only that were possible.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I've got a punchline for a simp meme but no setup

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Maybe it's okay for people to think different things are funny and not to be the comedy magistate of the thread

Like, I'd rather someone posted a thousand Dark Simpsons memes than one more flat, flavorless Avalanches lyricpost but you don't hear me getting buck wild about it

Also here's a meme so this isn't just derailing completely

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

it's too beautiful, i can't handle it

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Another inspired from dreamland

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Interwoven sexual powers, you say?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qfdujpsG6r1s1ddrj.mp4

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

EBB posted:

Interwoven sexual powers

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

AHH F/UGH posted:

There's nothing off-limits in comedy

I agree but with a qualification. I think there's a kind of implied social contract where the edgier and more offensive your subject the better (either in terms of how funny it is or how insightful it is) has to be justify it and if you pull it off great, but if you don't you're going to get poo poo on by people and that's just part of the deal and you know that risk going in and don't get to complain about being "cancelled" or whatever.

Anyway that rape joke sucked.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I kind of appreciate the "creativeness" of remixing scenes that heavily to write a new plot but Homer getting kidnapped and raped by Willy and then murdering him is dumb edgelord poo poo and there's no punchline. The one about Homer throwing Bart down a well is pretty good because it's not that out of line for Homer and the panel of him driving away happily is a good punchline.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

christmas boots posted:

I think there's a kind of implied social contract where the edgier and more offensive your subject the better (either in terms of how funny it is or how insightful it is) has to be justify it

exactly my thoughts. if you can’t beat a pun on a popsicle stick, then reconsider your approach to ‘hyoo-murr’.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

:hmmyes:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Not the thread's usual fare but I laughed.

https://twitter.com/parasolprophet/status/1297211195708055553?s=19

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

By the way, what the gently caress is the deal with the weird high pitched squeak in pop music the last couple years? Where does it come from and why doesn't the entire world experience the same complete revulsion that it triggers in me?

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 22, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
dark simpsons posting always fucks things up so i'll 6er it if its not really good or something i don't even know how i feel about this anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjg9DPmObwg

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

That's pretty good

the best Dark Simpsons wasn't even a Dark Simpsons, it was the one where Homer uses Frink's teleporter and goes up his own rear end in an infinite loop

Someone post that one again

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://twitter.com/UnicornHairz/status/1297192043463221249?s=19

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

pacerhimself posted:

By the way, what the gently caress is the deal with the weird high pitched squeak in pop music the last couple years? Where does it come from and why doesn't the entire world experience the same complete revulsion that it triggers in me?

Young people can hear high pitched sounds better and fuller.

Also trends and tastes alternates and with regards to music it seems to alternative between bass heavy and "squeak" heavy. Nostalgia also cycles in 20 year periods so some of the current trends could be reflective of cheesy 90s dance music? I wouldn't hold your breath on things changing though because the 90s might be the last decade anyone feels nostalgic for. I don't (just) mean because of an apocalypse but because of the internet there's no more past and future, they've been smashed together then steched out into a distended present.

Though I actually like midnight city. Most of the rest can get hosed though.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

That song came out like 10 years ago so we’re halfway through the swing

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Would unironically love a full length song version of this.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i prefer shooting stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06OzHwkV3bA

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

CodfishCartographer posted:

Can we just have a thread rule where if you post dark Simpsons, you get mod challenged to make a combinatory meme and the thread decides if it makes up for the op or not? Or maybe make the op create a dark-simpsons-style comic that is funny but not about rape/murder.

Or just make dark Simpsons probe-able I guess.

:emptyquote:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Would unironically love a full length song version of this.

Pretty sure both that clip and the full thing were posted recently but I can understand clearing all memories of this thread when a dark simpsons gets posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEWGGKmqlA

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Yeah, always sad to see 40-50 new posts in the Simpsons meme thread but it's because of something that wasn't funny and we spent a few pages talking about why.

pacerhimself posted:

The droning synth stands out more in the actual song imo, but Nelson's laughing is really obnoxious. My dad is 76, refuses to wear a hearing aid and always needs people to speak up for him, but he still cringes at high pitch sounds like babies crying, or sneakers on a basketball court.

"There's something different here...Oh, White Smithers, have you lost weight?"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

duz posted:

Pretty sure both that clip and the full thing were posted recently but I can understand clearing all memories of this thread when a dark simpsons gets posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEWGGKmqlA

Thank you, if it was already posted I missed it.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I really wanted to make a shooting stars video using this

but it goes way beyond my skills

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Jose posted:

dark simpsons posting always fucks things up so i'll 6er it if its not really good or something i don't even know how i feel about this anymore

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Dragonstoned posted:

I really wanted to make a shooting stars video using this

but it goes way beyond my skills

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

:eyepop:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

I read "reverse vampires" as "perverse vampires" at first, which was fun

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Tree Bucket posted:

I read "reverse vampires" as "perverse vampires" at first, which was fun

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

AHH F/UGH posted:

That's pretty good

the best Dark Simpsons wasn't even a Dark Simpsons, it was the one where Homer uses Frink's teleporter and goes up his own rear end in an infinite loop

Someone post that one again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jose posted:

In the end, it is a dark joke, but there is a set-up, punch line structure to it. "lol rape" doesn't even do that.