Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

They're live on Pulse now.

already shows sold out on RamjetSandstorm

plus Pulse shipping is still really expensive to Canada. I think I'll wait and see if he shows up on A3U rather than get him from one of the US shops. I've been sending a fair amount of my purchases their way lately, between OX Arcee and a bunch of Earthrise preorders. I just wish they did Pile of Loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

already shows sold out on RamjetSandstorm

plus Pulse shipping is still really expensive to Canada. I think I'll wait and see if he shows up on A3U rather than get him from one of the US shops. I've been sending a fair amount of my purchases their way lately, between OX Arcee and a bunch of Earthrise preorders. I just wish they did Pile of Loot.

I just looked, he's still available?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I can put one in my cart, but when I try and go through to checkout, it fails and says he's out of stock

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Man, Someone really needs to block 4chan on Jobby's computer, it's so sad to see someone who has the potential to be a high class reviewer just gently caress it up by being an alt-light meme lord.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Phy posted:

I can put one in my cart, but when I try and go through to checkout, it fails and says he's out of stock

Just got a preorder notification from TFSource.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

Man, Someone really needs to block 4chan on Jobby's computer, it's so sad to see someone who has the potential to be a high class reviewer just gently caress it up by being an alt-light meme lord.

He's made a bunch of anti trans comments casually in his videos so gently caress that piece of poo poo.

Mail call

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Picked up Blast Master and Fuzer today, a fun little detail is that Blast Master has a tiny cockpit molded onto his half of the shuttle while Fuzer has engines molded onto his, so that they could still feasibly act as two separate vehicles in alt mode rather than just a space shuttle that's been chopped in half.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I want those two shuttle dudes. I had them as a kid, and I will get them this time round too.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Magic posted:

Just got a preorder notification from TFSource.

It's up at a3u now too, but checking shipping costs on a single voyager, out of thechosenprime, tfsource, bbts, and A3U, it's actually cheapest from bbts, for me anyway

So I won't get it until March, but at least I save four dollars lol

(bbts also had preorders still open for rung and the micromaster wave with the shuttle guys, so I threw them all in a PoL order together)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

He's made a bunch of anti trans comments casually in his videos so gently caress that piece of poo poo.

It's just sad cause Baltmatrix seems to like him, but the mother fucker just can't help but do stupid poo poo. Like I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and think he's just a stupid early 20 moron who spent a lot of time on Reddit/the chan boards, but he just keeps doing poo poo.

quote:

Mail call

Put on some shoes, you animal.

Also, anyone shopping at Target seen any Bandai Models? I saw a Star Wars one, but supposedly they have Gundam Models, but not the ones near me. Up in the Magic Cards/collectables section near the registers they have Letrabots, which are the Letter TFs, but these form a super robot too. They're adorable, and have decent plastic on them.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I saw some Gundam at my Target in like early June and not since. It was all IBO stuff I think.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Anora posted:

It's just sad cause Baltmatrix seems to like him, but the mother fucker just can't help but do stupid poo poo. Like I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and think he's just a stupid early 20 moron who spent a lot of time on Reddit/the chan boards, but he just keeps doing poo poo.

Put on some shoes, you animal.

Also, anyone shopping at Target seen any Bandai Models? I saw a Star Wars one, but supposedly they have Gundam Models, but not the ones near me. Up in the Magic Cards/collectables section near the registers they have Letrabots, which are the Letter TFs, but these form a super robot too. They're adorable, and have decent plastic on them.

I haven't seen the Star Wars ones, but I've seen the Gundam ones, but only at one store in my area.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So is Jobby just trying really hard to...gently caress it I'll just be frank- why is he continuing to act like a racist shithead? His last few videos have been obnoxiously unwatchable and it's like he's trying to bait people into calling him on it.

Which gives the vibe that he genuinely believes in that poo poo because that's how that tends to go

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I have no idea who Jobby is, so I went to see their videos. Nope, not for me. That’s some incredibly obnoxious media.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Burkion posted:

So is Jobby just trying really hard to...gently caress it I'll just be frank- why is he continuing to act like a racist shithead? His last few videos have been obnoxiously unwatchable and it's like he's trying to bait people into calling him on it.

Which gives the vibe that he genuinely believes in that poo poo because that's how that tends to go

A non-zero amount of the kind of nerds that buy Transformers are racist shitheads. From a purely business perspective, catering to that kind of audience is a reasonable move.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Burkion posted:

That's what I'm wondering. He's either being intensely stupid and trying to Troll without understanding the meaning behind his trolls, or actually believes it and is just trying to Dog Whistle to his 4chan friends.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Nodosaur posted:

I'm not so certain it'll be the ER Prime mold. Remember, they made an entirely new inner robot mode for Magnus, different from the Voyager one they already had, only to remold it as an all new, 2nd other Prime entirely.

New mold that can double as a Powermaster Prime is my bet.

Counteresperanto
Jun 15, 2007

Achievement is its' own reward. Pride obscures it.

Phy posted:

It's up at a3u now too, but checking shipping costs on a single voyager, out of thechosenprime, tfsource, bbts, and A3U, it's actually cheapest from bbts, for me anyway

So I won't get it until March, but at least I save four dollars lol

(bbts also had preorders still open for rung and the micromaster wave with the shuttle guys, so I threw them all in a PoL order together)

I haven't tried it out at all, but according to some folks over at cybertron ca, Sandstorm is available for preorder at EB Games. There's nothing for him online yet, you have to do it in-store, or possibly over the phone. Don't know when he's supposed to be in, but it might be worth your while. Here's their "product code":

Sandstorm 756280

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Does anyone know if there is any site that has the centurion weaponizer pack in stock?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Droyer posted:

A non-zero amount of the kind of nerds that buy Transformers are racist shitheads. From a purely business perspective, catering to that kind of audience is a reasonable move.
No it isn't. From a "purely business perspective" reviewing TFs is not a highly profitable industry.

Further splitting the niche into the racist idiots who also like children's toys is splintering pennies unless they're backing your patreon over your dog whistling, which you're not going to be high enough profile through your reviews to do.

Dude is probably just a fuckwit racist and stop giving him clicks.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thew got quoted in a CBC article that covers what the TV segment was about https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/muppets-transformers-streaming-1.5695155

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Is the new MMC Optimus a rework of their Tarn mold?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Magic posted:

Is the new MMC Optimus a rework of their Tarn mold?

No, according to the designers posts on TFW this is 100% new.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I finally found the Cyberverse Arcee, the way her backpack folds up is pretty cool. I mean, it's still a gigantic backpack and I wish they'd distribute the car parts more evenly rather than making all the female characters a sexy petite waif with a car on their back, but at least it's not just a car folded in half like the Earthrise version. There's some double joints and collapsing wheels and stuff that at least do something more than flip up.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Someone on the internet alleges that the next Titan is on the box art of ER Fastlane.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

Someone on the internet alleges that the next Titan is on the box art of ER Fastlane.

I'm seeing just as much speculation that it's Tidal Wave.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Rhyno posted:

No, according to the designers posts on TFW this is 100% new.

Huh.

Then.

Man then not getting the wheel chest/shoulders right makes even less sense

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, not all 2D designs will work into a transformable figure.

So FT Beachcomber is a really great little bot but I have zero attachment to the character and can't figure out why I actually bought it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The MMC Prime is very, very nice. Looks expensive though, and the only money MMC are getting from me is for their lovely gay couple.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

I mean, not all 2D designs will work into a transformable figure.

So FT Beachcomber is a really great little bot but I have zero attachment to the character and can't figure out why I actually bought it.

I couldn't collect like that.

My collection is basically poo poo I Really Love so of course I have eleven Godzillas and four UltraSevens

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I'm seeing just as much speculation that it's Tidal Wave.

There's also speculation it's the Ark itself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

I couldn't collect like that.

My collection is basically poo poo I Really Love so of course I have eleven Godzillas and four UltraSevens

Yeah I've put the brakes on 3P buying. I'm going to be reevaluating my TF buying pretty heavily. I've made it no secret that MOTU Origins made me realize where my collecting focus should have been. I'll still buy TFs but it's going to be mostly Hasbro since the main line has been knocking it out of the park so hard. I will of course still buy every single Stunticon any 3P releases.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1297423185718075393

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

No it isn't. From a "purely business perspective" reviewing TFs is not a highly profitable industry.

Further splitting the niche into the racist idiots who also like children's toys is splintering pennies unless they're backing your patreon over your dog whistling, which you're not going to be high enough profile through your reviews to do.

Dude is probably just a fuckwit racist and stop giving him clicks.

I watched exactly one video of his and it was him excusing making a joke making fun of trans people by saying "I watch Steven Universe." and I decided he was at best a loving moron.

Please don't take my post as a defense of him. Either he's a racist POS or he's cynically pandering to racist POSes, and which is which doesn't really matter.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
he's got some decent talent and his videos are well edited but he's also a dumb fucker and takes the "I'm racist to myself so I can say other terrible poo poo too" stance it seems, a real waste

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Another Ultra Magnus? Noooo my weakness!

If I just keep putting off buying one, then a perfect one exactly as my imagination will come along.

If only I'd done that with Sky Lynx, I sought out the Combiner Wars one because I didn't think we'd see another one for a decade, and now I need to justify £80 for a toy of a character I already have.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

mehall posted:

If I just keep putting off buying one, then a perfect one exactly as my imagination will come along.

If only I'd done that with Sky Lynx, I sought out the Combiner Wars one because I didn't think we'd see another one for a decade, and now I need to justify £80 for a toy of a character I already have.

Film yourself making the two fight for dominance.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I wrote a post about “all I need” to finish my MP collection, then I remembered about combiners, and the truth is too horrifying to bear.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah I made the mistake of deciding to resume collecting since geewun nostalgia is all the rave nowadays and suddenly I'm spending hundreds of dollars in nostalgia. I'm just glad that the upcoming Kingdom line doesn't have as many noteworthy bots for my taste, though let's be real, I'll find one or three or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

mehall posted:

Ah but did you also buy the crazy colour G2 Japanese character repaint like I did?

I haven't bought new new Sky Lynx yet because it seems far more reasonable to spend another £35 and get Scorponok... undecided as yet though.