Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

The Moxley interview on WOR was great, apparently that video they kept playing to taunt Juice Robinson on New Japan World used a body double for Mox because he wasn't available. They got the Death Riders name because some dude just went and bought a 2nd hand leather jacket for the video and it happened to have that name on it because it used to be owned by one of those dudes who would ride a motorbike around inside the ball cage at the carnival :allears:

He also lays out the exact timeline of how Renee's COVID diagnosis came through, and in spite of his efforts to control himself lets rip at WWE and particularly Vince McMahon a couple of times.

I loving loved Suzuki telling him before the match "no high spot, just fight"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Strong BTE recap energy from Moxley's book report.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

I loving loved Suzuki telling him before the match "no high spot, just fight"

Also him revealing that back in 2012 he was just straight up ripping off Suzuki's in-ring stuff anyway :hellyeah:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man its so weird to think about the time difference. 2011 when we started watching njpw regularly was over a year before the shield debuted or nxt as we know it began to exist. it doesnt feel that long ago at all but shield debuting in wwe feels like it was centuries ago.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I still miss paying 30 bucks for a g1 show on that steaming site whos name I'm blanking on. I felt way cooler watching my good wrestling.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

I still miss paying 30 bucks for a g1 show on that steaming site whos name I'm blanking on. I felt way cooler watching my good wrestling.

ustream, as immortalized in the forever hooligans theme. what was really a pain was having to use niconico to watch power struggle and kopw in 2014 as those fell in the gap after ustream shutdown and before new japan world started.

i used it quite a bit for the other tours but you really should've just joined in the gofundme effort to free jiwahn kleimachs

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 22, 2020

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Thauros posted:

ustream, as immortalized in the forever hooligans theme. what was really a pain was having to use niconico to watch power struggle 2014 as that fell in the gap after ustream shutdown and before new japan world started.

i used it quite a bit for the other tours but you really should've just joined in the gofundme effort to free jiwahn kleimachs

I was typing it youstream and it looked funny. I think I just filez Power struggle niconico wouldent take my money. The first network g1 where we had free single cam no commentary videos for the smaller card avalible was the best. A whole new world

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
New Japan on Nico seems weird but I'm used to the Nicopro production style where its hard-cam only and there's a box almost permanently on screen that has the announcers (wrestlers from the promotion usually; commentary is taped after the show) talking about the show in it and I'm guessing they didn't do that.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I somehow managed a double post many minutes apart; don't ask me how

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yeah both them and dragon gate ran their major shows on nico with regular production

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

free jiwan

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

This Mox interview is super fun.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Mox interview is great.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Moxley busting out book club recommendations with Fahrenheit 451 was an amazing bit

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just a reminder Rudocast is live on twitch after Dynamite 5:15 PT/8:15 ET

https://twitch.tv/Rudospodcast

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

We're going live at 6:15 PT/9:15 ET after the Fite Stream ends!!

https://twitch.tv/rudospodcast

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man the UStream days were wild. Looking at G1 cards to figure out which one I could justify spending the cash on to watch live, then relying on results for the rest. New Japan World is such a giant step-up in convenience.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Going live in 5 minutes!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Can anyone give a breakdown of Mox's talking points

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shard posted:

Can anyone give a breakdown of Mox's talking points

This is from memory:

- He's hiding upstairs in his own house because Renee has taken over the kitchen for a photoshoot for her cookbook, and has been sending him on errands to buy shallots (he didn't know what shallots are).
- Because she's done with WWE, they decided to include photos of him in the book which they were wary about when she was still in WWE.
- He doesn't want to tell her story, that's for her to do.
- They took a home COVID test and when he got a negative result he was gonna call AEW and tell them he was good to show up to Dynamite anyway, then 30 seconds later they got her positive result. He didn't want to go to a hotel because he figured he had it but just hadn't got a positive result yet, and didn't want to get other guests or a maid sick as well.
- He loved working with Cage and Brodie but feels like he hasn't really had a chance to build any feuds properly until just recently with MJF.
- He says LED boards and fake fans and crowd noise etc for WWE are all bandaids and the true problem is Vince McMahon, and nothing will "fix" the company until he is dead or relinquishes control.
- He doesn't want to get into a whole thing about WWE, but sometimes he can't help himself. He still has plenty of friends there and wants them to succeed. He hates that WWE is the industry leader and gives so many people such a negative view of pro-wrestling.
- He intended to leave WWE and then just kind of bum around a bit, do a few indy shows etc, but then Rocky Romero got in touch with him about doing New Japan and he got super-pumped to do it.
- Rocky was the one who said they'd love to have him in the G1, he said no, then after hanging up was chatting with Renee when he suddenly declared,"I gotta do the G1!" and called Rocky back.
- He did a full fight training camp to get into G1 shape, because he knew it was gonna be incredibly draining.
- He used to watch New Japan on ustream and was gleefully ripping off Suzuki.
- He loved their Wrestle Kingdom stuff, and Suzuki's instructions were "No high spot, just fight."
- The Death Rider name was unplanned, it happened to be on the back of the 2nd hand leather jacket they bought for the bar video. The bar video itself was purely because New Japan was going to do a press release about him coming to work for them and he convinced them to make it a surprise instead.
- He read Fahrenheit 451, loved it. He comments to Dave that he probably just lost a lot them a lot of the listeners who don't give a poo poo about his book recommendations.
- He's still with New Japan and knows he'll be eventually facing the winner of the New Japan Cup USA tournament (he didn't seem to know KENTA had won), it's just when time, COVID and contracts allow.

There was a bunch more, but that's basically what I recall off the top of my head.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’d listen to the Jon Moxley Book Podcast

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Can we get Rocky Romero some kind of award for being responsible for Mox in the G1 and basically also Mox vs Suzuki

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
HHH really does not have a good track record when it comes to t-shirts. Refused to approve any new Ambrose merch even when Ambrose was champ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. He was the Champ (and the only champ they had at the time) and couldn't get a single shirt, and when he asked why they told him they'd sent dozens to be approved and HHH had declined all of them.

Maybe they didn't put any iron crosses on them?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

obviously just trying to hose any further chances of him getting over to a certain level, kind of like when they refused to make more zack ryder shirts when he started to get over on his own

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Completely forgot a thread existed for things like this.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 23, 2020

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Please stop posting JC’s obviously bad faith arguments

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mkay0 posted:

yeah we already have the Cornette Cuarantine thread for a reason, please dont let it leak

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I've been away most of the week. Are Bryan and Vinny going to review AEW?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

magiccarpet posted:

I've been away most of the week. Are Bryan and Vinny going to review AEW?
probably on tonight’s show

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dave: Mox told me one night. Were you there?

Bryan: Well tell me the story first and then I'll tell ya

Dave: okay... He said that.... I don't think you were there

:perfect:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Digital Jedi posted:

Dave: Mox told me one night. Were you there?

Bryan: Well tell me the story first and then I'll tell ya

Dave: okay... He said that.... I don't think you were there

:perfect:

was classic dave/bryan interaction.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I think my favorite from last night is:

*Dave tells the story about how Mox was Death Rider in Japan because the jacket they picked up at Goodwill happened to say that on the back*

Bryan: "It's a good thing they didn't grab a My Little Pony jacket!"

Dave: "I don't think they would have used that. That wouldn't have worked."

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

mkay0 posted:

for a second I thought this was a post about JOHN CENA and I got very confused

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what is everyone's thoughts of adam pacitti and the cultaholic crowd? ive fallen into a black hole of their top tens on youtube he exudes a fun energy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

Incredible :allears:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

StarkRavingMad posted:

Bryan: "It's a good thing they didn't grab a My Little Pony jacket!"

🤖

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

what is everyone's thoughts of adam pacitti and the cultaholic crowd? ive fallen into a black hole of their top tens on youtube he exudes a fun energy

The channel is fine, but I prefer their more in depth worst to bests to the top tens, which get watchmojo-y at times

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

JOHN CENA posted:

Cultaholic is far and away the best of the big channels for wrestling on youtube. I only ever watch WhatCulture for Simon Miller and Wrestletalk is just bad imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
LOVE TRIANGLES! JUGGALOS! MIKE TENAY BEING A DICK TO MIDAJAH! KIKUTARO, NOSAWA, AND THE NEO LADIES TITLE IN NEW JERSEY FOR SOME REASON! AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1297792312819539970