Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
poor loki...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

zephyr needs to be looked at in a big way

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Are those new Tennogen going live with Deimos? Because that Saryn skin, wow.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Babe Magnet posted:

air burst is funny now, but somehow still sucks

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

air burst is funny now, but somehow still sucks

Much credit to DE for finding a way to make Zephyr 2 suck more in the upcoming patch, I seriously didn't think it was possible

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

I call this piece "gently caress farming for Protea"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oh yeah, I'm getting that Night Hunter syandana and the Quatz sword skin

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Like 80% of those tennogen skins are tempting as gently caress, god drat.

I'm not really trying to weigh in one way or the other on the helminth stuff, I certainly called them nerfing a few abilities that everyone was immediately gushing over the instant I saw them on the subsume list. I think it makes perfect sense to slightly or moderately nerf the real good powers that everyone was eyeing so as to not have one frame using a subsumed power overshadow the donor frame with their own ability (leaving the original ability un-nerf'd on the original frame), it makes just as much sense to really buff up to modernity many other lesser useful powers in both their subsumed version and the original version on the original frame.

Either way, this game has always been hilariously unbalanced in our favor and I think people and the game will be fine. I still really like the helminth/subsume system.

E: I got lucky farming for protea the second time around, didn't even have to farm for nekros for all the times I've carried people to Leph. Nidus though, that loving systems took like 26 runs to drop, going by the amount of other nidus parts i had sitting around. It's going to be a gently caress off long time before I grind out Equinox again.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 21, 2020

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Nalesh posted:

I call this piece "gently caress farming for Protea"

no ring

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm really happy for everyone that gets even one piece of Tennogen approved.

The dude who made the basic cape (Rapalla?) said he got to quit his job based on the income of that alone.

Pretty incredible stuff that makes me very comfortable buying them.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

it's nothing but rings my dude.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The Equinox grind would be 100000x less annoying if Tyl Regor didn’t gently caress off for 95% of the fight.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

just let that be the one frame that allows us to subsume the prime version

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

While you're still going through the star chart, you shouldn't worry too hard about leveling new stuff / grinding MR, and you definitely shouoldn't put lots of effort into leveling weapons you hate just to get them off the checklist, because right now you're doing it the slow way.

It sounds like you're soloing too, and soloing starchart missions is the absolute slowest, most painful way to level up a bad gun.
When you're solo, you only get xp for a gun by actually killing stuff with it, which means the worse your gun and the longer it takes you to kill stuff, is the slower it is to level it. (You also get xp for a few other things like doing spy objectives, but not huge amounts.)
Meanwhile, if you play in a party, the shared xp from your partymates' kills is evenly distributed between all your equipped weapons, so if you just cart a bad secondary like the bolto along for the ride while killing everything dead with your fulmin, you'll still get plenty of xp for your bolto from all your party mates' kills without having to actually pull it out once. So forget about all that tedious MR fodder for now, and come back to it when you wanna party up with three goons (or even three pubbies) and ultramurder everything in sight. The classic option is going to Hydron or Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and just chilling while someone in a warcrimes frame like Saryn melts a billion grineer faces per second. With a booster from login or sortie rewards, you can get 2 or 3 weapons from 0 to 30 in 6 ESO rounds, which is maybe about 15 minutes of gameplay. Nowadays you also get a pretty large amount of xp for crewing a railjack, too. so another option is to tag along on goon railjack missions and get gobs of xp and railjack loot for hanging out in the ship and manning the artillery/forge.

So don't grind for hours just to get one piddly akbolto's worth of extra mastery points right now, unless you actually like clicking heads with the akbolto.
Do the fun stuff first, and then after all that if you really want to you can dehumanize yourself and face to Mastery grinding with the efficiency of all your endgame tools.

Man I just leveled the bolto/akbolto/akjagara for the mastery points and holy moley what a crappy weapon. It's basically a peashooter with the gimmick of not being hitscan. The Akjagara seemed verging on usable, at least.

But yeah, definitely don't level lovely weapons purely for MR until you're at least endgame-ish.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I can't remember which one but I think the akjagara prime is some kind of insane slash secondary.

I had a 75% off ticket and just bought a second nidus because gently caress that grind. Of course now that I have my Nidus replacement I wish I had spent it on equinox, but I think I should be happy about it.

Now I'm also on the stupid nova grind. Tyl Regor is awful with how much time you spend just afk waiting. Need a speed run strat to break the chain

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The Akjagara Prime is indeed pretty good, if you like vanilla semi auto pistols they're right up your alley, I put a good bit of work into them and am not disappointed. The again I did the same thing to the Akbolto Prime but I just like the aesthetics of those really large orokin pistols.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The Akjagara Prime is massively overvalued and is basically nothing but a machine to inflict RSI on people.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Ugh. Just cracked all 4 Ivara Prime Systems relics I had, no joy. Went on a spy mission to relax, and was rewarded with... the regular Ivara Systems. :negative:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

deimos in 4 days!!!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

SIGSEGV posted:

The Akjagara Prime is massively overvalued and is basically nothing but a machine to inflict RSI on people.

DE explicitly allows autofire macros as long as you aren't talking about stuff sophisticated enough for AFK farming.

Now, granted, a large part of this is probably that they just don't want to deal with the headache of enforcement, but still. No reason to hurt yourself for a video game when a safe and obvious alternative exists.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

DE explicitly allows autofire macros as long as you aren't talking about stuff sophisticated enough for AFK farming.

Now, granted, a large part of this is probably that they just don't want to deal with the headache of enforcement, but still. No reason to hurt yourself for a video game when a safe and obvious alternative exists.

And if I'm too lazy to pick that option, I can just master the drat thing and throw it in the MR fodder pile, next to the stug and mk1-kunai and grab guns that have sensible triggers like a kuva brakk or an akstiletto p.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Yeah I feel like once you've reached MR 12 or whenever all the good guns are unlocked, everyone should just stash all their MR fodder in the foundry until there's an XP event and then get a booster and gain like 10 MR in a weekend.

MR generally means nothing, but it's insanely nice to forma a gun and have nearly max slots at level 0 to build it up again

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

MR means daily rep, base modcap and loadout slots and basically makes the game incredibly more comfy. At MR29, I very rarely have to reslot a build after a forma, get 30k rep of various syndicates a day and have far too few loadout slots to my taste.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Babe Magnet posted:

Jet Stream, baby! I'm already wondering which ability I'll give her for damage synergy so she pops off. High duration and strength, low range, already has Mesa level defense from ranged attacks. She doesn't need the DR from Eclipse and she doesn't generate light to guarantee the damage portion, and Roar would be boring.

This system is actually very intriguing to me, especially once DE gets around to nerfing other outliers. I forsee more abilites getting the Quiver treatment - tweak their functions to keep powerful augments for the original frames.

Home in five days! I'm fairly hyped up to dive into this new content in a way I haven't been in a while... probably prime farming once DE made fissures less dumb. (I hated the old Void system.)

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

What does MR have to do with forma’ing guns?

quote:

Unranked equipment in the inventory will begin with a mod capacity equal to the player's current Mastery Rank, with the maximum currently being 29 for Mastery Rank 29 (58 for equipment with a Orokin Reactor/Orokin Catalyst equipped, before aura and stance bonuses). Though this will not affect the maximum capacity in any way it provides higher-ranked players with a significant starting benefit, especially towards polarized equipment.

Ha, MR27 and I never noticed this.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 22, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
MR is the minimum base capacity of any frame or gun you equipped (which is then doubled by potatoes).

It is very nice.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Warframe: pretty colors when I shoot mans.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

SIGSEGV posted:

And if I'm too lazy to pick that option, I can just master the drat thing and throw it in the MR fodder pile, next to the stug and mk1-kunai and grab guns that have sensible triggers like a kuva brakk or an akstiletto p.

... the Kuva Brakk is semi-auto, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Malah posted:

Jet Stream, baby! I'm already wondering which ability I'll give her for damage synergy so she pops off. High duration and strength, low range, already has Mesa level defense from ranged attacks. She doesn't need the DR from Eclipse and she doesn't generate light to guarantee the damage portion, and Roar would be boring.

This system is actually very intriguing to me, especially once DE gets around to nerfing other outliers. I forsee more abilites getting the Quiver treatment - tweak their functions to keep powerful augments for the original frames.

Home in five days! I'm fairly hyped up to dive into this new content in a way I haven't been in a while... probably prime farming once DE made fissures less dumb. (I hated the old Void system.)

there aren't many direct damage powers in the list, and even fewer you can tank range on. shuriken or nervos, maybe.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

... the Kuva Brakk is semi-auto, though.

Yeah but the point is that the trigger mode fits it, the Kuva Brakk can kill something in one or two shots at most reasonable levels, before you get in steel path insanity (which is fun on its own, it's nice to be able to put the game breaking things to work on their own) and therefore its trigger mode is a good choice for it, it's sane. The Prisma Gorgon and the Corinth Prime both have different triggers, but they still fit their damage multishot crit status and so on stats, while Akjagara Prime has stats like a somewhat beefy automatic secondary, but it's still semi.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I love the idea of Zepher and I would play her non-stop. But her toolkit doesn't allow for perpetual flight.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Ran into something in the surrounding community that just mystified me, I'm hoping someone here has a better perspective. Down in the comments under a Warframe video, someone mentioned the concept of a "100-forma" frame. Followed by people talking about someone who was like 24 or 2500 forma into a 10,000-forma frame. Which is just kinda :psyduck: for me, at most you'd need like 10 forma to fill all your slots? Maybe one or two more if your loadout changed significantly? I also saw the guy being referenced gift another youtuber three Wukongs, so maybe this is just the Warframe equivalent of rich people buying endangered-animal-fur toilet seat covers?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Dareon posted:

Ran into something in the surrounding community that just mystified me, I'm hoping someone here has a better perspective. Down in the comments under a Warframe video, someone mentioned the concept of a "100-forma" frame. Followed by people talking about someone who was like 24 or 2500 forma into a 10,000-forma frame. Which is just kinda :psyduck: for me, at most you'd need like 10 forma to fill all your slots? Maybe one or two more if your loadout changed significantly? I also saw the guy being referenced gift another youtuber three Wukongs, so maybe this is just the Warframe equivalent of rich people buying endangered-animal-fur toilet seat covers?

It's a vanity thing. You can polarize without changing polarity. (Or to blank a slot)

I've definitely seen a youtube vid about 666 rolling rivens for the same reason

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Nerds + time = stupid poo poo.

It's the single most important law of the universe.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

It does give you more base energy for any slot magic you have left over. I have 15 formas in my frost prime mostly from reconfigures.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I really want to like this game, but it seems like mashing melee just trivializes 95% of the game.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Malah posted:

If you wanna be super boring you can take Smite with the Smite Infusion augment. Free damage for your gun based on your power strength!
The helminth ammo-efficiency buff thing might be neat too. A lot of the projectile weapons that work well with jet stream (llike arca plasmor or secura penta) also have small magazines and longish reloads.

e:

resting bort face posted:

Man, I really want to like this game, but it seems like mashing melee just trivializes 95% of the game.

I see you are still a newbie. The wise warframe gamer can trivialize 95% of the game with any of their three weapon slots, or even their frame itself.
Seriously though it is overall a pretty easy game, and you can really quickly outscale the star chart missions if you just get a decent level 30 weapon with some ok mods. Melee just gets to the "ok mod loadout" point faster than other weapon slots because the basic mods are more accessible.

(There is some much higher level stuff at endgame if you want more of a challenge, but it's very much a side attraction)

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 23, 2020

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

after a while you have to spend some effort into getting enough together to trivialize the game, but it's definitely a game that wants you to feel powerful

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

SIGSEGV posted:

*looks at 30+ rolls on my Akjagara riven despite not having Akjagara Prime* :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

You want to trivialize individual enemies because your real goal is getting the reward(s) you want before losing your sanity to repeatedly doing that mission.