Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

So in a break from my normal fudge and feline related content, I’d really like to plug something cool I’ll be taking part in next weekend.

A collection of massive nerds of various flavours are going to be taking part in a 48 hour livestream next weekend to raise money for Mind, Mermaids and the Rainbow Trust- all causes that I think people itt would rally behind. There’s going to be various different games and RPGs streamed over the course of next weekend, and it should be a lot of fun for a good cause.

I’ll personally be commanding a space ship in the Gm’ed Empty Epsilon game on Saturday at 20:00- tune in if you want to watch us blunder around the galaxy, commit space-crime and probably explode unexpectedly.

And if you can spare a couple of quid, it’ll be going to a variety of good causes!

https://www.justgiving.com/team/Heavy48

Oh, and have some cats anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

So that's the expected results of NDB, while the Tories direct us straight into the real worst case scenario which is five times worse.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So libel laws in the UK revolve around Injunctions like most common law jurisdictions.
But arising out of one judges misunderstanding of the European Charter of Human Rights (ironically since the Tories hate the ECHR so much) Britiah Courts also have Super Injunctions, which are Injunctions where you can't even report that it even exists.

That sounds like what is going on with BoJo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And some people like to go on about the wonderful role of law in upholding a fair society.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

The Question IRL posted:

That sounds like what is going on with BoJo.

More likely it's all just bollocks.

Eagerly awaiting the leak of this, should be a fun read.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

(ironically since the Tories hate the ECHR so much)

Given that most super injunctions seem to involve the rich and/or merely powerful, I'm not sure I'd say it's ironic. More like British law 'working as intended' to protect the rich and/or powerful

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Jose posted:

apparently the quoted text is from his book about corbyn. political commentary in this country is completely loving insane

I wonder how many times it says "Needless to say, I had the last laugh" in his book

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I don't look at rainbows in case someone sees me looking at the rainbow and then thinks that I am a wally woofter who likes rainbows

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Superinjuctions did at least give us this spectacular front-page:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/george-galloway-new-party-racist-22564017

Good to see George Galloway's latest grift, Alliance 4 Unity, almost instantly outed as being a platform full of loving racists. It also says something about how much thought he's invested in Scotpol since he stopped being an MP for a Glasgow constituency when he comes out with shite like: “We are soldiers and anti-war leaders, fox hunters and hunt saboteurs, Celtic and Rangers supporters, left, right and centre." The 2 political positions, Celtic fan or Rangers fan

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Lungboy posted:

Eagerly awaiting the leak of this, should be a fun read.

Teargas the poors, divert all medicine from the north to London, and 5 ways to make pate out of cat livers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/george-galloway-new-party-racist-22564017

Good to see George Galloway's latest grift, Alliance 4 Unity, almost instantly outed as being a platform full of loving racists. It also says something about how much thought he's invested in Scotpol since he stopped being an MP for a Glasgow constituency when he comes out with shite like: “We are soldiers and anti-war leaders, fox hunters and hunt saboteurs, Celtic and Rangers supporters, left, right and centre." The 2 political positions, Celtic fan or Rangers fan

What happened to the worker's party of britain?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Thought of supporting Hibs and died.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Diversified into the British Workers party. loving splitters.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

happyhippy posted:

Teargas the poors, divert all medicine from the north to London, and 5 ways to make pate out of cat livers.

The Sun has a piece on it, it's less tear gas the poor and more navy intervention in fishing disputes and hundreds of councils going bankrupt.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Thought of supporting Hibs and died.

"Aye but are you a *Celtic* Hibs supporter or a *Rangers* Hibs supporter?"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

I assume it wasn't garnering him enough attention

Honestly, unless you're George Galloway I don't know how you can look at Scottish politics and conclude "what we really need is another political party that offers nothing except being pro-union" because that's more or less what ScotLab is. And for that matter the Tories & Liberals.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lungboy posted:

The Sun has a piece on it, it's less tear gas the poor and more navy intervention in fishing disputes and hundreds of councils going bankrupt.

Not hundreds; there's only 343 English councils total, and they're talking about 5% of them going to the wall. That said, we pretty much know for a certainty that their "reasonable worst case" is actually the expected scenario, and the actual worst case - which they will bring about through incompetence and intransigence if not outright malice - will be worse.

The real telling point is the admission that 75% of medical supplies come through Dover and include things that can't be stockpiled. I'm thinking that my original assessment of 200-300k dead within 12 months was lowballed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

I assume it wasn't garnering him enough attention

Honestly, unless you're George Galloway I don't know how you can look at Scottish politics and conclude "what we really need is another political party that offers nothing except being pro-union" because that's more or less what ScotLab is. And for that matter the Tories & Liberals.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This but also the goatkcd version.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I'm stealing this basic xkcd edit and shamelessly posting it everywhere Indychat comes up, thanks.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hey I thought I was quite inspired with my attempt to draw a fedora and beard on the dude.

The spelling and lack of adherence to the panel frames is an artistic choice. I have a degree in it and everything.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Replace unionist with leftist and you have the state of politics almost everywhere.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Jedit posted:

Not hundreds; there's only 343 English councils total, and they're talking about 5% of them going to the wall. That said, we pretty much know for a certainty that their "reasonable worst case" is actually the expected scenario, and the actual worst case - which they will bring about through incompetence and intransigence if not outright malice - will be worse.

The real telling point is the admission that 75% of medical supplies come through Dover and include things that can't be stockpiled. I'm thinking that my original assessment of 200-300k dead within 12 months was lowballed.

Unless I misread the article it was 5% are probably going bust because of coivid alone and the no deal will make things much worse.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

This is what will finally cause Conservative support to crumble to an incredible 38%. Labour will drop to 34% on the back of a compelling argument that it's actually all their fault by the Tories, and also by Labour themselves.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really think a moral and practical solution going forward is to kill and eat all the conservative voters at this point.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Lungboy posted:

Authorised unauthorised leak to a pro-Brexit newspaper to prime the readers to accept a last-minute crappy deal. They'll spend the next couple of months spouting vague fears of what could happen in the worst case NDB scenario, then declare it a major catastrophe averted when the government strides over all its red lines to sign a deal. It's only the front page of this so-called presentation shown, and there's no real detail in the article. One of the few actual statistics, the 1500 troops on hand to support the police, is there for the benefit of any Brexiteers thinking of protesting against the last-minute deal.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That Corbyn hitpiece book was published and they've led with a time that his wife was rude ordering oatcakes or something that was quickly disproven with actual video and the journalists are all circling the wagons trying to prove it's not bullshit and oh god if they even spent an ounce of the time and effort into actual Tory corruption as they do into this trivial shite.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gonzo McFee posted:

That Corbyn hitpiece book was published and they've led with a time that his wife was rude ordering oatcakes or something that was quickly disproven with actual video and the journalists are all circling the wagons trying to prove it's not bullshit and oh god if they even spent an ounce of the time and effort into actual Tory corruption as they do into this trivial shite.

oz katerji is a psycho who i'm glad has me blocked for some reason

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Reminder that there's an "MP of the year" thing going on.

You know what to do:

https://twitter.com/TheMattWain/status/1297564811954466816?s=20

Jose posted:

oz katerji is a psycho who i'm glad has me blocked for some reason

Probably because you're an Assadist.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Isn't he an asset as well as an rear end in a top hat?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Asset, Asshat, Assad, I said.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Isn't he an asset as well as an rear end in a top hat?

think he's too unstable now to be one

WhatEvil posted:

Probably because you're an Assadist.

lol if he read my posts in the middle east thread in cspam he would absolutely call me one if he got fired from the mail for calling peter hitchens one

oz doxx's people who he gets into twitter arguments with

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Honestly, I'm disgusted by this article.

Honey? On a Staffordshire oatcake?
This is like when people make a savory pancake. it's wrong! Wrong I say!

Pancakes are sweet, oatcakes are savory. That's the law.

(I'm a potteries lad btw.)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

This is what will finally cause Conservative support to crumble to an incredible 38%. Labour will drop to 34% on the back of a compelling argument that it's actually all their fault by the Tories, and also by Labour themselves.

since when is 34% support for Labour a "drop"

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Gonzo McFee posted:

They have to relaunder Labour's image after trashing it for so long, so you gotta rewrite history and say the only reason they lost was because Corbyn was a wacky clown man who tripped over his own arse

deep culture of antisemitism hmmm nah don't remember anyone saying that, no problems in THIS party

Grey Hunter posted:

Honestly, I'm disgusted by this article.

Honey? On a Staffordshire oatcake?
This is like when people make a savory pancake. it's wrong! Wrong I say!

Pancakes are sweet, oatcakes are savory. That's the law.

(I'm a potteries lad btw.)

apparently she was joking about Jeremy wanting something weird in a hot chocolate earlier

I mean, Jeremy Corbyn's WIFE was left FUMING last night as her DEMANDS for honey were REJECTED by her long-suffering husband

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Is anyone rejoining Labour to vote in the NEC election? Is that worthwhile?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Now I'm going back to uni is there any stuff I can get cheap because I'm a student?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Jose posted:

Now I'm going back to uni is there any stuff I can get cheap because I'm a student?

I think they have a good deal on debt...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is anyone rejoining Labour to vote in the NEC election? Is that worthwhile?

Hard to see why you'd bother