Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skwirl posted:

I'm not surprised they made Deadshot black even if this is supposed to be staunchly in the Arkham universe, way more people are gonna associate him with Will Smith than his brief appearances in previous games. Plus wasn't he Black in the Assault on Arkham cartoon movie?

Nope. I think Suicide Squad is the only place he has been black in.

Personally I would have just used Bronze Tiger if they wanted a black guy on the team. As Bronze Tiger is awesome. Not a big fan of changing characters race myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nope. I think Suicide Squad is the only place he has been black in.

Personally I would have just used Bronze Tiger if they wanted a black guy on the team. As Bronze Tiger is awesome. Not a big fan of changing characters race myself.

It's loving Deadshot, no one gives a poo poo. Plus they probably wanted a sniper character and I'm not super familiar with Bronze Tiger, but isn't his thing claws or knife hands or something?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Are there any upcoming superhero games that look good? Because after this showing, Suicide Squad being a GAAS, and Avengers not only doing the same thing but sounding pretty mediocre at best, it looks pretty bleak right now. Come on, Valiant, give us that Ninjak game we've all been waiting for!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Miles Morales.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Aw, poo poo, I forgot about that because I'm a PC guy. At least the Playstation peeps have something to look forward to.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm more than willing to wait the extra time for a Rocksteady DC game that looks like a take on Borderlands with Samoa Joe as King Shark than a really underwhelming looking WB Montreal game that's going to have enemy level progression and costume crafting.

Let Montreal make the first steps and stumbles with the new consoles.

Also Gotham Knights should just be a Richard focused story in having him become DickBats. :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jiro posted:

Also Gotham Knights should just be a Richard focused story in having him become DickBats. :colbert:

I would loving kill for a Dickbats game where you also have to deal with an insubordinate Damian Robin who keeps insisting he should be Batman even though he's 12.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Gotham Knights really looked like an Arkham Knight sequel up until it was mentioned Jim was dead. I guess they made it close enough to attract the Arkham crowd.

Skwirl posted:

I hesitate to mention it, but the thing that has me most excited about Gotham Knight is no Joker so far.

You know there will be a trailer with his big, dumb grinning face on it at some point.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 23, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Gotham Knights really looked like an Arkham Knight sequel up until it was mentioned Jim was dead. I guess they made it close enough to attract the Arkham crowd.

You know there will be a trailer with his big, dumb grinning face on it at some point.

It looks like there's a Batman Beyond esque Joker gang thing happening in the trailer, so I'm hoping he's dead too.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Finished the Arkham Knight main story:
I actually liked how it wasn't a standard boss fight with Scarecrow and instead some kinda mindfuckery where you banish the Joker from your thoughts forever.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

JT Smiley posted:

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KizGbUFCB4

Not gonna lie this looks fun even though I'm beyond sick of evil Superman and have no attachment at all to these characters.
King Shark is not being voiced by Ron Funches. No dice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I am like 90% sure that it began as an Arkham Knight sequel and then they decided they could monetize it better by making it its own thing. It's way too close otherwise to really make sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skwirl posted:

It's loving Deadshot, no one gives a poo poo. Plus they probably wanted a sniper character and I'm not super familiar with Bronze Tiger, but isn't his thing claws or knife hands or something?

Tiger is one of the best martial artists in the world, he also uses claws as a weapon sometimes. Also he wears a cool tiger mask.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I was kind of interested in this until I saw King Shark whip out a chaingun. This is going to be a shooter, isn't it? :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JordanKai posted:

I was kind of interested in this until I saw King Shark whip out a chaingun. This is going to be a shooter, isn't it? :(

Supposedly it's going to be kind of Arkham With Guns.

Not really sure how that'll pan out though I suppose Red Hood's DLC in Arkham Knight shows some idea.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I know nothing about King Shark, does he use guns in the comics?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't think so... but then I guess they've never shown him having a problem with guns so why not.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

JT Smiley posted:

His power is being a shark.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you were a walking, talking shark, would you need a gun?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I would loving kill for a Dickbats game where you also have to deal with an insubordinate Damian Robin who keeps insisting he should be Batman even though he's 12.

Damien, Spoiler and Cassandra would be DLC bait. Also maybe Azrael, Batwoman and Signal.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah if I'm playing as a giant shark man, I wanna be biting dudes in half, not shooting them. They have captain boomerang a gun, but he already had boomerangs, which are cooler

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
And boomer looks like he has a teleporter? Or like, did he steal Flash's superspeed?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

If you were a walking, talking shark, would you need a gun?

Before I suffocated in a non water environment? Probably. :v: If nothing changes from that cinematic as to how the characters are going to play out, Shark will either act as The Heavy from TF2 or Brick from Borderlands. If they're smart it'll be a mix of both depending what the level or mission needs/requires. I'm totally fine with Shark not acting like the cartoon, even if Funches take on the character is really fun, Samoa Joe is a really charismatic wrestler and can be a really intimidating presence. So I'm interested in seeing how he plays King Shark.

Having Boomerang teleport around via boomerang and blow fodder away with a shotgun is a mechanic that really intrigues me as far as what the cool down looks like and how many times you can do it before cool down.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They gave Boomer limited super speed like his son in the comics.

Samoa Joe is a good choice for King Shark because he looks like he could beat a shark to death with his bare hands. Plus, he has a good sense of humor.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Friend and I were playing Spider-Man yesterday and we noticed most people on the street were wearing masks. What an awesome little detail to add.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That should be because of the Devil's Breath. The game hasn't been updated this year.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Medullah posted:

Friend and I were playing Spider-Man yesterday and we noticed most people on the street were wearing masks. What an awesome little detail to add.
Is that after the big bad unleashes a killer plague on the city? Cus drat, I think I just blanked that out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lobok posted:

That should be because of the Devil's Breath. The game hasn't been updated this year.

Ahhh well drat, I'm less impressed now. :)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Open Marriage Night posted:

They gave Boomer limited super speed like his son in the comics.

Samoa Joe is a good choice for King Shark because he looks like he could beat a shark to death with his bare hands. Plus, he has a good sense of humor.
Boomerang likely just has tech in the boomerang to teleport to it.

I like how Shark talked at the end. He sounded kind of thespian like.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm not planning on buying a new gaming console anytime soon but if did, it wouldn't be to play a new Batman game where I never got to play as loving Batman.

I love all the Arkham games but I'm honestly relieved that Arkham Knights doesn't interest me enough to tempt my wallet at all. Wish I could say the same about RE8 because that looks rather badass but I learned my lesson a long time ago about adopting first generation electronics of any sort (from computers, to TV's to phones and right on down the line) so I'm gonna sit back and watch other people spend their hard earned money.

I'll get to play all these games eventually and will save hundreds of dollars by simply being patient, kicking back and learning what's actually good or worth buying. Color me unexcited with what I saw from the Arkham Knights trailer as well as that Avengers game. Only game I'm jealous to not be able to play is PS4 Spiderman but whatever. I've got 6 or 7 (good) games gathering dust already that I can't find or make time to play so, yeah.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every smartphone you've ever bought is first generation hardware though.

It's called Gotham Knights btw.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm not planning on buying a new gaming console anytime soon but if did, it wouldn't be to play a new Batman game where I never got to play as loving Batman.

But is it a Batman game if Batman isn't the focus?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Lobok posted:

But is it a Batman game if Batman isn't the focus?

Makes you think.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can't believe giving a shark man a minigun is a turnoff instead of a selling point

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I kinda figure the point of Deadshot is to have the gun guy. If everybody has guns, I feel like his use to the team is in some way diminished.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

SonicRulez posted:

I kinda figure the point of Deadshot is to have the gun guy. If everybody has guns, I feel like his use to the team is in some way diminished.

Everyone on the team can fire guns. Deadshot's gimmick is that he will hit his target.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Roth posted:

I can't believe giving a shark man a minigun is a turnoff instead of a selling point

If it fires bullets, turnoff. If it fires smaller sharks, instant pre-order.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
King Shark should just be able to chew on hunks of metal and spit the pieces out like bullets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Roth posted:

A shooter is just not something I want out of a DC team-up game. :(