Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Am I :tinfoil: for not believing this false positive spin coming from teams?

Jeez, I dunno, would something have given you a reason to doubt official statements about the spread of COVID in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Deleted, what was it?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Grittybeard posted:

Deleted, what was it?

Just the false positive numbers. Apparently the Vikings had 12 as well. Wild

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1297558636617752576?s=21

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
To my knowledge PCR tests are very unlikely to throw false positives, but they do throw false negatives.

Not sure what test battery the NFL is using. We’ll find out if they were false positives in a week or two I guess.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I guess the alternative you'd have to believe is that a bunch of teams in different metropolitan areas all had pretty significant outbreaks(greater than we've seen so far) at the same time, and it's an unrelated coincidence they were all went through the same testing center.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

To my knowledge PCR tests are very unlikely to throw false positives, but they do throw false negatives.

Not sure what test battery the NFL is using. We’ll find out if they were false positives in a week or two I guess.

I think the suggestion is that there was some sort of contamination at the testing center.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this loving blows a lot

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1297564035844648961?s=19

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I've always thought steelers positivity was false.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
New Jersey is close enough to Foxboro that I'm blaming Belichick

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jesus did someone trip over their dick and splatter COVID viruses all over the testing room or something

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Something something the enemies of Rutgers strike again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1297569567472943105?s=19

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1297571789934153734?s=20

So no trade then, enjoy your new safety Cowboys fans

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1297572902263545858

:homebrew:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Earl just ABing his way to the cowboys. How long before the sex pest stuff hits?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Earl just ABing his way to the cowboys. How long before the sex pest stuff hits?

Wasn’t he already involved in some story involving an orgy with his brother that his wife found out about or something last year?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

fartknocker posted:

Wasn’t he already involved in some story involving an orgy with his brother that his wife found out about or something last year?

It was a few months ago. There was also a gun involved iirc.

Now that the leaks have started apparently the team has already fined him once this year for something that they managed to keep under wraps.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

Jesus did someone trip over their dick and splatter COVID viruses all over the testing room or something

All things considered, it's probably just a testing lab that said, sure we can handle an extra daily thousand tests and couldn't, so cut corners because who gives a poo poo about doing it right if you can get a signed contract.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1297577594972323840?s=19

cya

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I like how the medias response to being froze out by the teams is "well, we'll have to write even shittier articles to make up for it, no one wants that". Not getting practice reporting isn't a huge deal, write actual stories about the players instead of just making poo poo up for clicks or 14 beat guys writing the same story about who threw a pick in practice

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Uh, on what grounds would they void his contract? Can't imagine the players' association would take lightly to this.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Quest Diagnostics hosed that all up.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

seiferguy posted:

Uh, on what grounds would they void his contract? Can't imagine the players' association would take lightly to this.

he assaulted a co-worker so they might have something to work with

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status/1297500806925737984?s=20

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

seiferguy posted:

i think there was language in his contract saying if he got team disciplinary action taken on him it would void his guarantees or w/e

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah this sounds like a bunch of BS. The false positive rate from rt-qPCR is very low, while the false negative can be high (usually because of bad sample collection).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1297612906079506433

For those keeping track at home, the 49ers have drafted four wide receivers in the first three rounds in the last 3 drafts

2020 - Brandon Aiyuk (Hamstring)
2019 - Deebo Samuel (Foot), Jalen Hurd (ACL)
2018 - Dante Pettis (sadboi brain)

Niners are gonna line up Kendrick Bourne, JJ Nelson and Tavon Austin week one lfg

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

For those keeping track at home, the 49ers have drafted four wide receivers in the first three rounds in the last 3 drafts

Niners are gonna line up Kendrick Bourne, JJ Nelson and Tavon Austin week one lfg

I appreciate the thinking behind building a stadium that actively injures other football teams for an advantage, but did no one realize they'd have to play on it more than anyone else?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Skwirl posted:

I appreciate the thinking behind building a stadium that actively injures other football teams for an advantage, but did no one realize they'd have to play on it more than anyone else?

Washington apparently didn't!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

George Kittle is going to catch 2000 passes as the lone receiver left.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

George Kittle is going to catch 2000 passes as the lone receiver left.

as always Mina has the best possible outcome

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1297617872852639745

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Spoeank posted:

I think I did this in Madden once and it worked okay cause Nelson and Austin were fast as hell.

Also cool and acceptable.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Looking forward to tavon killing the hawks on infinite jet sweeps

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I was gonna say, it's uncommon, though not unheard of to hear of players fighting in camp, I don't think I've ever heard of a player posting camp footage to their social media account (that obv wasn't approved by the team) before.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

seiferguy posted:

I was gonna say, it's uncommon, though not unheard of to hear of players fighting in camp, I don't think I've ever heard of a player posting camp footage to their social media account (that obv wasn't approved by the team) before.

I feel like its pretty common actually.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's very common for opposing position groups to fight (or opposite teams in joint practices) but I'm having trouble of thinking of a time where two players on the same unit got into it with each other.

For the Packers the only time I can think of for that was maybe Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas from over a decade ago.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

nerve posted:

he assaulted a co-worker so they might have something to work with

Every NFL practice is assault though.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

D-LINK posted:

[in kawalimus voice]: The Ravens don't knjow how to draft and develop wide receivers. I wish we had a game changing wide receiver like the Steelers. I don't expect a fan of the team like the Ravens to see that man's hips are above that defensive back's shoulder pads high pointing the ball, If only the Ravens had a receiver like that.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm just waiting for the inevitable piece with anonymous quotes dishing dirt on Earl when he was still in Seattle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Manoueverable posted:

I'm just waiting for the inevitable piece with anonymous quotes dishing dirt on Earl when he was still in Seattle

I've already heard that he was just as bad in Seattle but Sherman and Chancellor kept him under control so you won't have to wait long