Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Just playted 20 games this evening where I started with 10 consecutive losses, followed by 10 consecutive wins. What even the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Thoroughly enjoyed watching 3 lemming hellcats get smoked. NJ.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

BitBasher posted:

Finally: A question: Is there a way to NOT use or disable x5 experience missions? I had saved like 90 of them mainly doing only daily doubles but now my T2 and T3 missions for the event in poo poo tanks are eating all my x5 misisons that I absolutely do not want to use on them.

You also have to remember not to burn them all up on premium vehicles while grinding credits (unless you are training a crew and want to use the x5 I guess). The only way to avoid using them but not completely avoid using a tank is only play until you get your first win of the day. The first win uses the x2, any win after that uses the x5s. I guess you could actively try to lose in your gift tanks if the missions aren't specific that you win.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

Camo is a fine 4th skill (after repairs, BIA, and view range/gun handling perks), but it isn't necessary to take right off the bat.

I disagree, in general 4th skill should be BIA. First three are General Repairs/Camo/Gunhandling poo poo.

Camo is basically important at two times, at the beginning when everyone is rushing to the 3 good spots on any map and then in closes games at the end when its just a few tanks left. Not having good camo in those two time frames isn't great for a medium.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Camo is basically important at two times, at the beginning when everyone is rushing to the 3 good spots on any map and then in closes games at the end when its just a few tanks left. Not having good camo in those two time frames isn't great for a medium.

Again, this just shows how camo is only situationally useful. I'd much rather have a skill that is contributing during every engagement, than one that is only useful in certain situations on certain maps, and the effects of which can be obtained by adjusting your play.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

McGavin posted:

Again, this just shows how camo is only situationally useful. I'd much rather have a skill that is contributing during every engagement, than one that is only useful in certain situations on certain maps, and the effects of which can be obtained by adjusting your play.

The same is true of repairs.

Repairs for a medium is only useful if you are being shot at and it takes your tracks out. If your tracks are taken out either you done hosed up and you are dead anyway or you need to burn a repair kit to be safe. The times when the normal repair rate is bad but the full repair skill time gets you out of trouble is tiny.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

McGavin posted:

That's like saying view range is only situationally useful. You are constructing a big ol' strawman over there.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Having a gun rammer is situational because sometimes there's no one to shoot at.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
World of Tanks: A lot of situational situations

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Finally got the char futur 4 and this thing owns. The long intraclip reload keeps from overextending to empty the entire clip into someones rear end while his buddies shoot me, and the turret seems be pretty bouncy.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Is there a particpation trophy for Steel Hunter, where you just get 1 of the tokens or whatever? I can't imagine playing enough of it to get the full allotment but if i can get 1 from each Steel Hunter I can get a reward tank. I missed the first Frontlines.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Is there a particpation trophy for Steel Hunter, where you just get 1 of the tokens or whatever? I can't imagine playing enough of it to get the full allotment but if i can get 1 from each Steel Hunter I can get a reward tank. I missed the first Frontlines.

You can get 1100 points a day just for doing the daily missions for Steel Hunter and doing damage to folks. It's really easy.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

You need 12 tokens to redeem to get one of the reward tanks. So if you have 8 tokens you could just push your way to get the first three and work half-assed for the one coming in September.

Myself I am not gonna play steel hunter. I got bigger fish to fry. Like working on getting the Patton tier X.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BitBasher posted:

You can get 1100 points a day just for doing the daily missions for Steel Hunter and doing damage to folks. It's really easy.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

This event is a an amazing time to stat pad and push MOEs on Tier Vs. Lots of people playing lovely tanks they probably haven't spent much time on equiping.

And how.
The valiant and T-116 I've only played during this event.
Not good for padding win rate though.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

The premium trade in is intriguing. Looking at you Kanonpanzer 105 and ISU-130.

E: Also, normally I make fun of people that complain about kill stealing, but with this loving A46 grind I have decided it is a valid complaint. Just did 988 damage with no kills in the stupid Valiant spamming gold. gently caress I hate this game.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 22, 2020

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Out of curiosity, do you Goons tend to keep or sell these little premium tanks WG throws at us from time to time?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Out of curiosity, do you Goons tend to keep or sell these little premium tanks WG throws at us from time to time?

I think it was said on Discord that you are better off keeping them than selling them? It might have been because if you get them again you get more credits if you already have them in your garage? I might be wrong there though.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Some of those little tanks can slap people around though. BT-7A before the HP buff used to just one shot low tiers with HE.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

The premium trade in is intriguing. Looking at you Kanonpanzer 105 and ISU-130.

E: Also, normally I make fun of people that complain about kill stealing, but with this loving A46 grind I have decided it is a valid complaint. Just did 988 damage with no kills in the stupid Valiant spamming gold. gently caress I hate this game.

One match yesterday, there was a tier 8 with 6 kills and exactly 600 damage. :v:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Last night I had a guy on my team with 30k games in the tier 6 French arty. :wtc:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Yesterday I had a popup in the lower left of my client offering to sell me a T8 Bourrasque for gold. Now I can't find that thing for sale at all, anywhere. Can anyone tell me where to find that? I have to be missing something.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Hello, I got sucked into Youtube algorithms and watched like 20 different WW2 tank videos and now I'm back playing this game after not touching it for 8 years. Why are there so many popups?

*edit* Haha just remembered this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUvydoqHWxI

Doh004 fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 22, 2020

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
I didn't play for like a year and it took 10 minutes to click through everything and get to the garage

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gone Fashing posted:

I didn't play for like a year and it took 10 minutes to click through everything and get to the garage

Same, downloaded the game after rage quitting and un-installing not long after getting my 907 CW reward tank, the clan i was in leader sold he's account and the person drained the clans accounts and kicked everyone.

just got sick of playing random's and having nothing but shitter matche's during the 6+ hr sessions. Got over 40k battles with a healthy 54.** winrate and i'm just so tempted to take my M60 baby Jesus out for a spin.

While not playing the game like an idiot still put money into the game like gold/credit packages / those personal reserves and tons of premium vehicles etc etc since rage quitting.

Love the look of that super hellcat gift tank to bad they nerfed the cat into the ground back in the day

also got the account linked to twitch loots so it's got all the various random crap in the monthly boxes.

Also got tons of the "old equipment" and tons of consumables if my calculations are correct i gonna have near 20mill credits just from selling the old equipment

NVB fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 23, 2020

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Thank god this is done. I don't even know why I did it. The Valiant sucks to play and the reward tank pretty well sucks out loud.
:suicide:

Yay Skinner Boxes!

...To be totally fair, the Bt-7 Arty was fun to zoom around and derp people in.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Especially since you KNOW they'll offer the A46 during one of the Black Market or Bazaar events.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Especially since you KNOW they'll offer the A46 during one of the Black Market or Bazaar events.

It's not even good!

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

BitBasher posted:

It's not even good!

So 5000 gold minimum?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I just had maybe my most frustrating game to date. S. Conq., 13/13 shooting.....4 penetrations. I bounced a shot off the bottom hull plate of Jagdtiger. Not the lower front plate, the actual floor of the vehicle.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

BitBasher posted:

Yesterday I had a popup in the lower left of my client offering to sell me a T8 Bourrasque for gold. Now I can't find that thing for sale at all, anywhere. Can anyone tell me where to find that? I have to be missing something.

The Bourrrrrrrrrrasque for gold? I don't recall seeing that. They were selling some bourrrrrrrrrasque AND gold packages. Maybe that was it?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

TracerM17 posted:

The Bourrrrrrrrrrasque for gold? I don't recall seeing that. They were selling some bourrrrrrrrrasque AND gold packages. Maybe that was it?

Yeah, I'm not seeing it at all now, just for cash. It was probably my mistake. I'm having reservations about it though because the gun handling seems quite bad, but I remember people using them pretty handily in Frontline.

Opinions on the Bourrasque anyone? is it worth it?

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 23, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I enjoy mine. You have to be really sneaky in the early game though. Showing off your position on the map that early makes you an eyesore and they can and will target you to get you back to the garage asap.

The official wargaming guide for the tank is 100% accurate. If you can handle the silly jokes that is. But you can judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlrjJEQBU80

The strengths of the tank is channeling your inner gangster from Compton and performing drive bys at close range and finding an exit strategy. Other than that the tank is extremely hard to play if you are not used to it. So buyer beware. You will die a lot in this tank.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The borrasque is incredible and prints credits. Play it like a bigger Elc even 90.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Dravs posted:

The borrasque is incredible and prints credits. Play it like a bigger Elc even 90.

That's the other one I was considering, I've really been having a good time in fast lights lately.

Katamari Democracy posted:

...Bourrasque stuff...
Thanks!

EDIT: Wow, that was actually a really good video for describing how to play lights and fast mediums. I'm surprised.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 23, 2020

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I want the 8th free tank but don't want to grind a few days with WoT just to get it. Is there a shortcut?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

RandomPauI posted:

I want the 8th free tank but don't want to grind a few days with WoT just to get it. Is there a shortcut?

Do you have 1500 tokens saved up from the event? You can spend it I believe starting tomorrow on the tank. Otherwise it might go on sale in the future for real money. It's one of the reasons im not bothering with it.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Two questions.

1. I have been saving up my anniversary credits, do we know for sure that there will be tanks we can get with those credits? Other than this horrible trash TR6 light?

2. I've run the stock game without any mods since the very beginning. The only things that I want are:

A. Ability to move the camera in the garage View. So when we have holiday events I can zoom in on different cool aspects.

B. Better camera Freedom when I look at replays.

C. Something that shows where I was shot on my tank in the previous match. And something that shows where my shots went on the opposing players tank.

D. I don't want to deal with the hassles of breaking the client every time there's an update and all the nonsense I've heard other people have to go through with these mods.

What would people suggest for this mod feature list?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
aslains lets you only install certain mods and has battlehits which does C for sure, and i think also has the free roam replay camera mod which does B. idk if anything does A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gone Fashing posted:

aslains lets you only install certain mods and has battlehits which does C for sure, and i think also has the free roam replay camera mod which does B. idk if anything does A

The garage mods section does have something for free camera in garage.