Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Ledgem posted:

I was curious about wtf someone had to do to get banned and it seems to amount to incessantly posting walls of text that try to be 'subtle' about saying white chain should be white and not black and that tits are evil.

Okay I'm sorry but what the hell did this guy say, how do you justify something like this, does somebody have a screenshot or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

paradoxGentleman posted:

Okay I'm sorry but what the hell did this guy say, how do you justify something like this, does somebody have a screenshot or something

His posts are still there, last I checked. From what I can tell he thinks K6BD is entirely derivative of Dante's Inferno (which he has read and understands by the way) but is copying it WRONG.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Begemot posted:

His posts are still there, last I checked. From what I can tell he thinks K6BD is entirely derivative of Dante's Inferno (which he has read and understands by the way) but is copying it WRONG.

...??????????

?????????????????????????????

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:nallears:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

paradoxGentleman posted:

Mostly he kept repeating that there's not enough time left to properly explore what just happened here, which means it's only being done to check a box. He's very against doing things to check boxes. Which boxes are being checked is something he's very coy about. Given other comments about angels being inherently genderless one can infer he's upset about including happy, fulfilled trans people, as he was very insistent that by the rules already established White Chain should have exploded into a shower of nuclear gore after smiling. However, I would not find it shocking if he was also upset that her perfect body was black, given the checking of boxes.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

What really made Bob annoying is that not only did he write full essays in every post, but he's one of those people who insists on replying individually to every single person who replies to him. His initial post on the latest page is just like "Oh so there isn't a twist, how disappointing", so to figure out what the hell he's talking about you have to scroll through pages and pages of different arguments he's having with other commenters.

And K6BD has a LOT of regular commenters.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just go to the comment page and Ctrl+F 'Bob' and you'll have an endless bounty.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

has it occurred to anyone that there was once a 69 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Potato Salad posted:

has it occurred to anyone that there was once a 69 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil
It was back in college so it didn't count.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Potato Salad posted:

Nice.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

YggiDee posted:

Just go to the comment page and Ctrl+F 'Bob' and you'll have an endless bounty.

BRB collecting a document for the F Plus.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

his posts are there like others said but on top of "checking boxes" he had some other comments. One of them made me shout outloud "oh ok so you're a racist piece of poo poo I get it". One of the 'subtle' ones was him describing this whole rant about how it would have been better if Allison went inside her head to free WC from some weird soul prison and let her "choose her actual body" and basically read like dogwhistle for "let white chain choose to be white and not be forced to be black because of pandering"

I didn't even read everything he had to say either, it got rather repetitive and he ranted a _lot_.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Begemot posted:

The best part of that was insisting on referring to the it as “Alighieri” because he heard an academic speak once and decided to copy that.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I went to read those comments and my brain started curdling halfway through the first one.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
This year's Great Outdoor Fight ended way differently than the others but there is a commonality in that White Chain's every move is the new tradition

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

The Great Outdoor Fight really was the best shonen manga ever written

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

akulanization posted:

The best part of that was insisting on referring to the it as “Alighieri” because he heard an academic speak once and decided to copy that.
I couldn't be bothered to google if that was a real thing or if he was butchering Allegory.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The Great Outdoor Fight really was the best shonen manga ever written

it really should be part of the world literature canon honestly

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

PetraCore posted:

I couldn't be bothered to google if that was a real thing or if he was butchering Allegory.

It’s the last name of the author of Dante’s Inferno but it’s still a really strange way to refer to the book.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

It’s the last name of the author of Dante’s Inferno but it’s still a really strange way to refer to the book.

It’s a transparent attempt to use esoteric language to look erudite imo.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Bet he didn't even read the rest of the Divine Comedy smh

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Victis posted:

So uh Dave declared her winner and sulked away, but what happens there?

Dave spends a day running her though his 19 hour workday of plate spinning that keeps all this nonsense from falling apart and says "Good luck I'm sure you'll do great smell ya later" and bolts for the nearest train to the dimensional gate.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Begemot posted:

It is weird that "Author watches all the historic figures he doesn't like suffer eternally for imagined crimes in weirdly fetishistic ways" wasn't so faithfully reproduced in a comic that instead chose to be about a cold war between the godlike rulers of the multiverse and a sorority girl's endeavours to make it extremely hot.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

maswastaken posted:

It is weird that "Author watches all the historic figures he doesn't like suffer eternally for imagined crimes in weirdly fetishistic ways" wasn't so faithfully reproduced in a comic that instead chose to be about a cold war between the godlike rulers of the multiverse and a sorority girl's endeavours to make it extremely hot.

I dunno I find both those things extremely hot.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Is the Dante comparison just because of the deadly sins motif and the protagonist having experienced companions because :laffo:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

YaketySass posted:

Is the Dante comparison just because of the deadly sins motif and the protagonist having experienced companions because :laffo:

both are isekai anime

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dante Alighieri is the patron saint of self inserts, and I say this with a heart full of love for the guy. If anything he elevates all self-inserts, showing that they can get as good as "a cornerstone of a civilization's literature".

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

finally went on the hunt for bob. He's the kind of guy who goes "how amusing" at people's responses of him. why am i not suprised.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Is Bob really Dead Reckoning? I see some similarity in their arguments, but Bob is WAY more of a dick.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
You can see what might be an allusion to this early on, when you've got a supernatural guide showing a human being around Hell, but 1) that isn't necessarily intentional just because you think you see it, and 2) even if it is, having one allusion to a work in yours does not mean you are going to slavishly follow the plot of that work throughout your entire story.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I have been in webcomic threads long enough to know that there's always a subset of the population that already decided what the plot of a comic is and will decide reality isn't canon when it doesn't agree.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

paradoxGentleman posted:

finally went on the hunt for bob. He's the kind of guy who goes "how amusing" at people's responses of him. why am i not suprised.

it is the anti-Royalty

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Tulip posted:

Despite it being shitposting, the GOF posting was I think very prescient.

Why should the God Emperor get to say how the Ring of Power is won or lost? Become the ruling body, dude!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Is Bob really Dead Reckoning? I see some similarity in their arguments, but Bob is WAY more of a dick.
Yeah, I'm not convinced.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

This line of supposition is getting weird and uncomfortable. It's alright to point at the people who suck and laugh for being smacked on the hand for it but this is a bit much.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Almost certainly not no and I don't know why anyone ever thought that.

They're both idiots but their brain damage has almost nothing in common.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Daktar posted:

Why should the God Emperor get to say how the Ring of Power is won or lost? Become the ruling body, dude!

Stealing one of the Jeeps and using it to knock down the Tower is the height of Royalty

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Royalty is a continuous three-day Dutch Fugue

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Victis posted:

So uh Dave declared her winner and sulked away, but what happens there?

I think technically the structure is that if you could spill a drop of his blood you got to request any boon from him; the sort of overall assumption is that if you're going to come at Solomon David and hit him, you'd claim his Key and all the associated power because why not? But in theory you could ask for anything else you liked, and that would be it? So I think that he's sulking until the very formal situation where White Chain makes her request of him. I'm not sure if all that still holds though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

White Chain has literally everything she's ever wanted at this moment, though, so I could see her just skipping out on making a request.