Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oct 28, 2003

ikanreed posted:

Imagine you were a person who thought women deserved to be raped by their bosses, rather than the owner of the organization they work for.

that'd be pretty bad, but I think you'd still need to be messed up on something to pull that lever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
much better to be raped in service of a public good than by a republican, clearly

Oct 28, 2003

DEMOCRATS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS. stupid cheap joke, just like the joe.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

https://discourseblog.substack.com/p/dnc-night-3-rhetoric-vs-reality
The essential playbook, though, remains the same: gesture around, say, “you see this?” and let the horror of the moment do the work... There has been so much bone-deep injustice over the past four years that this is a perfectly sound electoral strategy.

https://discourseblog.substack.com/p/what-happens-if-biden-wins
The Biden campaign has been built on a very simple strategy: do the bare minimum and let Trump destroy himself before November... So far, this strategy is working perfectly.

I've been seeing a lot of this (these are all Ex-Splinter writers) even among lefties. Like, even after 2016, no one is willing to entertain the counterfactual. Say Trump wins in 2020. Will we all say 'Well Joe played a perfect game, promising nothing, offering only contempt, barely even existing as a candidate; sometimes the cards just break bad.' or will we say, possibly, that hiding might not have been the perfect electoral strategy.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PipHelix posted:

https://discourseblog.substack.com/p/dnc-night-3-rhetoric-vs-reality
The essential playbook, though, remains the same: gesture around, say, “you see this?” and let the horror of the moment do the work... There has been so much bone-deep injustice over the past four years that this is a perfectly sound electoral strategy.

https://discourseblog.substack.com/p/what-happens-if-biden-wins
The Biden campaign has been built on a very simple strategy: do the bare minimum and let Trump destroy himself before November... So far, this strategy is working perfectly.

I've been seeing a lot of this (these are all Ex-Splinter writers) even among lefties. Like, even after 2016, no one is willing to entertain the counterfactual. Say Trump wins in 2020. Will we all say 'Well Joe played a perfect game, promising nothing, offering only contempt, barely even existing as a candidate; sometimes the cards just break bad.' or will we say, possibly, that hiding might not have been the perfect electoral strategy.

Alot of this "Sit back and wait" poo poo seems to be based on coronavirus. Which nobody gives a gently caress about anymore.

I don't think liberals understand the concept of outrage fatigue. Most people just can't be obsessed/loving pissed/worried about things for months or years.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

who the gently caress would vote for Joe Biden? lol

you’d think! but here they are, in our very threads, spreading their infection!

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

He lost in South Carolina because it’s a brain drain state, you turn 18 and move the gently caress out of here because the entire state racist hill people and a couple nice beaches.

Libs love to call leftists racists for invalidating the will of the South Carolina Black Voter, here's how you answer it. https://www.scvotes.gov/cgi-bin/scsec/vothist?election=vhppd20&regvote=VOT

Turnout in data for the democratic primary. 'Nonwhite' people were 260k. There are 1.5 million black people in South Carolina. Even assuming every 'nonwhite' was black, that's 17% of the black population who voted, max. But because other non-white races exist in South Carolina, not 17%.

Biden got 60% of that. Which is good, but 60% of 17% is 10%. Since, again, seventeen is an overestimate, less than one black person in ten in South Carolina voted for Biden. We just don't count the eight that didn't even vote because 40 years of the DNC pursuing white supremacists.

PipHelix has issued a correction as of 19:01 on Aug 23, 2020

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I don't think liberals understand the concept of outrage fatigue.
I'm not sure they understand the concept of Object Permanence.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bernie's a loving cuck and I can't wait til I don't have to give a domestic abuser money to change my av.

Not voting for Joe.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PipHelix posted:

Say Trump wins in 2020. Will we all say 'Well Joe played a perfect game, promising nothing, offering only contempt, barely even existing as a candidate; sometimes the cards just break bad.' or will we say, possibly, that hiding might not have been the perfect electoral strategy.

Guaran-drat-tee they trot out the Picard "you can make all the right moves and still lose" line.

poo poo, I'll double down my toxx and eat a ban if they don't.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

The hysteria liberals have for Trump gets really grating after a while, especially when it's talk like "save our democracy!".

Okay, Trump wins and now democracy's dead. What are you gonna do now? Your one magical solution to problems is gone.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Democracy with American characteristics.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Blarghalt posted:

The hysteria liberals have for Trump gets really grating after a while, especially when it's talk like "save our democracy!".

Okay, Trump wins and now democracy's dead. What are you gonna do now? Your one magical solution to problems is gone.

Even if they vote him out, it's not like he'll be gone. He'll be pardoned by Joe just like Obama forgave Bush and immediately start creating mass shooters with Trump TV

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Business Gorillas posted:

Even if they vote him out, it's not like he'll be gone. He'll be pardoned by Joe just like Obama forgave Bush and immediately start creating mass shooters with Trump TV

then biden can run on gun control in the midterms

the master at work

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

PipHelix posted:

The libs already have a laundry list of excuses as to why it's literally everybody else's fault and not theirs.

Russia!
Angry crybaby leftists who didn't want to be adults by voting for a rapist who repeatedly stated how much he hated them
Fox News
Voter suppression...actually, ok, I'd give them that one, even if they didn't have a problem with the concept when it was working out in their favor in the primaries, but that sure as hell wouldn't be the sole factor they lost.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Hey all we still NoJoe'n in here?

The movers and shakers in the Democratic don't give a poo poo about winning elections. Why should they? If you get into a solid blue district, you're set for life, so long as one of those awful center-lefties doesn't get it in their heads to primary you. Just sit back, throw the occassional fundraiser, and hashtag tsktsk Trump every once in a while and collect those fat lobbyist paychecks.

The only differences between a Trump or Biden win for Pelosi or Schumer or the infinite little cockroaches scuttling around Democratic congressional offices is whether they get a lovely co-worker and no expectation to actually do anything or a non-entity co-worker and calls to throw the occassional, ultimately inconsequential, bone left every so often.

The Democratic party has grown lazy and stagnant. gently caress them.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

the_steve posted:

The libs already have a laundry list of excuses as to why it's literally everybody else's fault and not theirs.

Russia!
Angry crybaby leftists who didn't want to be adults by voting for a rapist who repeatedly stated how much he hated them
Fox News
Voter suppression...actually, ok, I'd give them that one, even if they didn't have a problem with the concept when it was working out in their favor in the primaries, but that sure as hell wouldn't be the sole factor they lost.

What started to make me realize I didn’t have much in common with many leftists was when people would keep trying to reframe it so that my anger was inappropriate. Like I’m not allowed to be mad, or to demand more of elected officials. I was born poor, because my parents were very poor, and as a result I just... don’t get to go to a doctor? I don’t get to have glasses or get my cavities fixed because my parents didn’t inherit wealth from their parents? what?

People told Bernie Boosters to shut up and stop complaining and we were like “dude I can’t, I will literally die without Insulin, and I cannot work to afford it, nor can I immigrate to a country where it is is affordable”

like the people on the other side of the screen don’t care that it is IS a matter of life or death. I’m sorry you’re so concerned over a fight for “the soul of the nation” I’m over here just asking to be able to breathe and bleed normally.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Taintrunner posted:

it’s like a revolving door of YESJOEs in CSPAM as of late. soldiers, we must maintain discipline

Don't worry it's not anybody breaking their toxxes it's just ignorant cowards who're either from D&D or only read the Trump thread

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I believe in spreading good news. https://mobile.twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/status/1297240864423649286

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Big, beautiful home state advantage

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
NYC and LA are the highest concentrations of dem voters who absolutely fuckin hate Biden, so that tracks.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Biden losing New York would be the most hilarious way to end this farce.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Biden is gonna lose to 150,000 write ins for “School Sux”

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

What started to make me realize I didn’t have much in common with many leftists was when people would keep trying to reframe it so that my anger was inappropriate. Like I’m not allowed to be mad, or to demand more of elected officials. I was born poor, because my parents were very poor, and as a result I just... don’t get to go to a doctor? I don’t get to have glasses or get my cavities fixed because my parents didn’t inherit wealth from their parents? what?

I was able to win a pretty gross wage theft battle with a lovely boss, singlehanded because I was the only one of my 20 odd coworkers who was willing to be angry and, yes, violent and spiteful. This isn't teeball, where you shake hands after, this is life or death and if you have to lose the point is to make them hurt so bad they never want to get in the ring with you again. Your anger is a gift, if it motivates you to do good and seek better. Always be aware of who the cult of positivity serves.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 28 minutes!

The most reliable news source - some random douchebag tweeting a rumour from a GOP hack

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

The most reliable news source - some random douchebag tweeting a rumour from a GOP hack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2rFJFe2qv8

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

On the one hand there's no way I believe this is true

On the other hand I've got this raging erection

The main reason it's unbelievable is that hillary spent all that money running ads in LA so she could run up the score on her historic victory

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

NY internal polling being wonky would explain the reports of otherwise inexplicable ad purchases in the state

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Bust Rodd posted:

People told Bernie Boosters to shut up and stop complaining and we were like “dude I can’t, I will literally die without Insulin, and I cannot work to afford it, nor can I immigrate to a country where it is is affordable”

like the people on the other side of the screen don’t care that it is IS a matter of life or death. I’m sorry you’re so concerned over a fight for “the soul of the nation” I’m over here just asking to be able to breathe and bleed normally.

Yeah, I called myself a liberal for a long time because I didn't realize that there was such a gulf of difference between them and leftists, but now it's all I can see.
Conservatives actively hate you, Liberals just want to ignore you until it's time to use you as a prop for whatever hashtag they want Activism Credit for sharing.

Stay angry, friendo.
Angry is what gets poo poo done.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

the_steve posted:

Yeah, I called myself a liberal for a long time because I didn't realize that there was such a gulf of difference between them and leftists, but now it's all I can see.
Conservatives actively hate you, Liberals just want to ignore you until it's time to use you as a prop for whatever hashtag they want Activism Credit for sharing.

Stay angry, friendo.
Angry is what gets poo poo done.

they foolishly gave you powers, finish my great work

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lol

orly
Oct 2, 2005

:parrot:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
if trump flips ny like the dems have been dreaming to do to texas.

ill shoot big ropers

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I really don't think it's gonna happen and I don't trust a random fuckoff for the inside scoop, but also I would laugh so loving hard because I've been convincing people to just not vote or vote Green up here since it's a lock

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

When it comes to Trump vs. Biden, no matter who wins, we lose.
But, no matter who loses, we win.

So, it's kind of a wash in that sense.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

etalian posted:

Can't wait for to send in my Howie ballot for FL!

Same here!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Yeah, NY going red is like 99% not gonna happen, but I'd laugh my rear end off if it does, and ends up being what pushes Trump over the top.

Not that it's gonna matter in the end. No matter who wins, we'll still have a broken healthcare "system", people getting thrown in prison because of a loving plant, kids in cages, a dying planet, and on and on and on.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Kreeblah posted:

Yeah, NY going red is like 99% not gonna happen, but I'd laugh my rear end off if it does, and ends up being what pushes Trump over the top.

Not that it's gonna matter in the end. No matter who wins, we'll still have a broken healthcare "system", people getting thrown in prison because of a loving plant, kids in cages, a dying planet, and on and on and on.

sadly, I don't think that there is any world where New York going to Trump pushes him over the top. Now, a repeat of the exact map of 2016 might be possible, and that would own

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol if NY becomes a battle ground state

I will still not vote for joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

TeenageArchipelago posted:

sadly, I don't think that there is any world where New York going to Trump pushes him over the top. Now, a repeat of the exact map of 2016 might be possible, and that would own

i genuinely think its gonna be 2016 map w/ biden running up the popular vote in states that are already blue as poo poo

lmao