Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

jjack229 posted:

It's about time someone had the courage to step up and defend Big Tobacco :911:

"Principal Boomer, you have lung cancer."
"gently caress off with your anti-American political agenda you loving communist! Kruschev invented lung cancer to frighten our boys in Viet Nam!"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

If a principal actually followed through with that conservatives would absolutely poo poo a brick and Rush Limbaugh would be running fundraisers to sue the school for banning Christian student organizations.

The same people sharing that would call him a satanist and run him out of town

They read that, and in their mind they see a big shiny asterisk that explains: "Don't worry, YOUR stuff is still on the Good List. It's just the other beliefs that don't count."

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

the_steve posted:

They read that, and in their mind they see a big shiny asterisk that explains: "Don't worry, YOUR stuff is still on the Good List. It's just the other beliefs that don't count."

Yeah to them Christian school clubs are just normal, all this disagreement only came about when these other religions started getting in so they must be the problem.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
The author is drooling over their chance to say n**** and waiting for someone to call them out on it so they can defend the usage in context. I'm surprised they didn't try to throw in a "niggardly" too.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

wizzardstaff posted:

The author is drooling over their chance to say n**** and waiting for someone to call them out on it so they can defend the usage in context. I'm surprised they didn't try to throw in a "niggardly" too.

Gods, anytime I see that word in a fantasy novel I cringe. There are literally thousands upon thousands of other words you could use, why hone in on that one?

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Medullah posted:

First, this school will no longer honor race or ethnicity. I could not care less if your racial makeup is black, brown, red, yellow or white. I could not care less if your origins are African, Latin American, Asian or European, or if your ancestors arrived here on the Mayflower or on slave ships. The only identity I care about, the only one this school will recognize, is your individual identity -- your character, your scholarship, your humanity. And the only national identity this school will care about is American.

Gah, I hate this insidious mindset so much. I know rhetorically it's supposed to be some reassurance that Americans are all Rugged Individualists who are inherently equal, but these people have such loaded ideas about what a True American is.

It lets people feign having the moral high ground while still disparaging everyone who doesn't act exactly like they want them to. It's like racists who hide behind MLK. "I'm not judging them by the color of their skin, I'm judging the content of their character! And the content of their character is bad because, um, baggy jeans and swears in their music!"

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

It's like racists who hide behind MLK. "I'm not judging them by the color of their skin, I'm judging the content of their character! And the content of their character is bad because, um, baggy jeans and swears in their music!"

These are the people who will call YOU a racist for not supporting Diamond and Silk. Because either by intention or not, they don't understand what it means to judge someone by the content of their character.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

"I don't care if you're black, brown, white, or blue! You just need to conform, without question, to my own personal and narrowly defined concept of what "American" means! Easy!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I don't care what religion you are, all are welcome to pray to Jesus

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Medullah posted:

I don't care what religion you are, all are welcome to pray to Jesus

Everyone has the same right to marry (a person of the opposite sex)!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Did somebody say Dennis Prager?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C3cWevomRY

TinTower fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 21, 2020

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I bet his school allows all varieties of music, both country and western.

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

wizzardstaff posted:

The author is drooling over their chance to say n**** and waiting for someone to call them out on it so they can defend the usage in context.

Yeah, super telling that he used "f-word" for "gently caress," but didn't feel the same need for restraint when it came to the n-word.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

PeterCat posted:

What does American art look like if it's not Hollywood, Hip Hip, and Rock and Roll?

Every student will be trained to replicate the late master of American art, David Dees.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

TFW your metaphor isn't fully thought out...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I mean, I guess they're kinda close to grasping the fact that Biden is ALSO a rapist, racist, war criminal, Republican

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

jivjov posted:

I mean, I guess they're kinda close to grasping the fact that Biden is ALSO a rapist, racist, war criminal, Republican

Uh no I think that's what it's going for? I emphasize the THINK

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

jivjov posted:

A vote for a third party candidate is a vote for Trump.

A vote for Biden puts more time on the clock for the US farewell tour before were all crushed under the regime of Dear Leader Tom Cotton.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
At no point did I ever say I was voting third party. I'm well aware of how the US election system systemically means we get exactly two viable candidates.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

So do they think a cartoon is posing for a new photograph for every bottle, and she's now out of work? Or do they think the woman who played the Aunt Jemima character is 200 years old?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Forceholy posted:

Actually a vote for a third party is a vote for Biden

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

VitalSigns posted:

Actually a vote for a third party is a vote for Biden

Is the vote for Biden a vote for the third party, then, or is it a vote for Trump?

How do you vote for a third party is I guess my question.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Or do they think the woman who played the Aunt Jemima character is 200 years old?

Yes.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

So do they think a cartoon is posing for a new photograph for every bottle, and she's now out of work? Or do they think the woman who played the Aunt Jemima character is 200 years old?

Thinking corporations are more real, more important than actual people is totally in character

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mystic Mongol posted:

Is the vote for Biden a vote for the third party, then, or is it a vote for Trump?

Vote for one of the main candidates but hold your nose and post on twitter after

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

I think by voting for a fifth party.

If you throw away your vote on La Riva, you're helping Jorgensen win!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

They think that the original model was a well-compensated and beloved black lady who was only too happy to let white people profit off her likeness for perpetuity, and that we're the real racists for pointing out the inaccuracies in that statement.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Razor Jacksuit posted:

Yeah, super telling that he used "f-word" for "gently caress," but didn't feel the same need for restraint when it came to the n-word.

That, and ending modern-style sex-ed is one of those things that nobody would actually want when you spell out the realities.

Grandpa Dennis posted:

"No more time will be devoted to scaring you about smoking and caffeine, or terrifying you about sexual harassment or global warming."
and
"No more semesters will be devoted to condom wearing and teaching you to regard sexual relations as only or primarily a health issue..."

So we abandon a generation of good-touch bad-touch or safe-touch unsafe-touch training for kids? Leave them with no social context for sexuality and sexualized behaviors outside of their family and media bubbles? Leave them with no health knowledge about their own bodies beyond some vague or useless abstinence videos which could've aired on Leave it to Beaver?

You'd have a whole crop of kids whose future could easily look the way Qanon people think today is. It sounds like a creepy uncle's paradise, since the kids would probably be too ashamed or afraid or ignorant to know any better.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I am reorienting the school toward academics, such as the immutably true science of the early 50s and nothing that science and medicine has learned since.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

So hi I'm Devon Weirdlyrich, just drove out from my compound for this PTA meeting and I have some ideas I think will bring a little air of tradition back to our schools

BELL AT 6:30AM
REVEILLE & FLAG RAISING
ENHANCED PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AND PRAYER TO JESUS CHRIST
GENUFLECTIONS TO TRUMP AND HIS ANOINTED
LAPS
MANDATORY CORPORAL PUNISHMENT
GENDER ASSERTION CLASSES
GUNS (gun safety classes?) NO, JUST GUNS
BALLROOM DANCE

Also I was wondering if we could keep certain students like, separate from others? Not giving them any unequal attention or resources or anything, if that's possible, just I think they're affecting my child's education by being so- so- y'know, loud. So again, equal, but separate. And also again, guns.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The only real thing about sexuality is missionary with the lights off and anything else is liberal gay propaganda.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Not even though a sheet with a hole in it?! You pervert trying to convert our children!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

1stGear posted:

The only real thing about sexuality is missionary with the lights off and anything else is liberal gay propaganda.

If God wanted us to look at each other during sex then He wouldn't have made our sinful bodies so shameful to behold.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Never finished college? Well that means he avoided all that liberal brainwashing, then!

Oh wait I forgot college is simultaneously good and bad in the minds of the right, depending on what attack they want to use.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Number of deaths caused by Bill Gates-stamped George Soros vaccine microchip pizza restaurant basement child trafficking Satan-worshipping alien lizard people torture chambers shipped via Wayfair to 5G towers to be beamed back into my cat: 0

Number of deaths caused by covid-19, within the U.S. alone: 176,000 and counting

But hey, they used Comic Sans in this graphic so I'm totally convinced I've been wrong this whole time.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Forceholy posted:

By this incredibly dumb logic, a vote for for a third party is a vote for Biden.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Oh my god can you stop using the phrase shoving it down our throats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

RagnarokAngel posted:

Oh my god can you stop using the phrase shoving it down our throats.

And it's ALWAYS connected with the gay part of their complaint. No other group, even if they're marked by overreach, is ever shoving anything down people's throats.