Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Megillah Gorilla posted:

QI once made the point that, before the trial of Oscar Wilde, it was perfectly common for men to hold hands, sit in each others' laps and tell each other how much they loved them.

After Wilde was sentenced to hard labour, lost nearly everything and died just five years later from the terrible conditions he had experienced in gaol, no one else wanted to risk having their lives destroyed and it just all stopped.

I wonder how much of today's toxic masculinity was formed in that time when men had their ability to express positive emotions and affection taken from them.

EDIT: Moby Dick was written in 1851 and Oscar Wilde's trial was in 1895 so it tracks.

Yes but Queequeg and Ishmael get married in chapter 9, and Herman Melville was probably in love with Nathaniel Hawthorne. It’s gay fellas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The problem with all these "findings" is that scientists seem to like to take this crumb of story as evidence that this reflected all of ancient X societies culture and mindset at the time instead of it just being a fun story some writer put down about a guy who got cursed with a dick so big he couldn't gently caress no more.

After World War 3 and the resource wars devastate current modern society, alien archeologists will visit our barren world and find a furry fanfic about the joys of making GBS threads in diapers and assume that all of human society was all about wearing fursuits and making GBS threads

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Fartbox posted:

The problem with all these "findings" is that scientists seem to like to take this crumb of story as evidence that this reflected all of ancient X societies culture and mindset at the time instead of it just being a fun story some writer put down about a guy who got cursed with a dick so big he couldn't gently caress no more.

After World War 3 and the resource wars devastate current modern society, alien archeologists will visit our barren world and find a furry fanfic about the joys of making GBS threads in diapers and assume that all of human society was all about wearing fursuits and making GBS threads

And they'd be right.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Twosome:threesome::couple:throuple hth

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Are we laughing at the person trying to own fox for using the correct word?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Splicer posted:

Are we laughing at the person trying to own fox for using the correct word?

I think just the idea of calling a threesome a "bisexual throuple" even if it may be technically linguistically correct.

Goons sheesh.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

jojoinnit posted:

I think just the idea of calling a threesome a "bisexual throuple" even if it may be technically linguistically correct.

Goons sheesh.

I will hazard a guess that FOX described about a group of three polyamorous bisexual people, not just three people having sex. It's probably the word they used to describe themselves, hence the quotes.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

Twosome:threesome::couple:throuple hth

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

jojoinnit posted:

Goons sheesh.
A threesome is a sexual act involving three people, a throuple is polygamous relationship of three people (where they're all involved with each other). They're two different things, though obviously the latter implies the former is happening on the reg.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Does this imply the existence of foupples, quopples and soupples

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I think if it's more than three it's just called "crowd".

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Splicer posted:

A threesome is a sexual act involving three people, a throuple is polygamous relationship of three people (where they're all involved with each other). They're two different things, though obviously the latter implies the former is happening on the reg.

If we're arguing terminology, a polygamous relationship is one where they're all married, a polyamorous relationship is one where they're dating.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Grendels Dad posted:

I think if it's more than three it's just called "crowd".

The correct term is a gaggle.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klUweWE-u6A

Lost it at "Neither rain nor skeet"

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

If someone smirks at this I'll be batting .500

(out)

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

jojoinnit posted:

(out)

Man, Ricky Gervais will do anything.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Moo the cow posted:

Man, Ricky Gervais will do anything.

That's more Johnny Vegas

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

jojoinnit posted:

(out)

Take your hand out of your pocket Bilbo, you aren't fooling anybody. Especially not Gollum.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

jojoinnit posted:

(out)

I mean, I guess that would be how a hobbit would actually look like?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

jojoinnit posted:

(out)

James Corden vs. The Green Goblin looks like an awesome prelude to LOTR.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Could be worse. Could be that picture of those extremely ugly and irritating thief-elves.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I know I'm late but I've been assured that that Three's Company

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
That's the cover my childhood copy had and deep down that's how I picture gollum

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He'll always been the Rankin-Bass frog-monster to me

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

jojoinnit posted:

Goons sheesh.

lol you tried to pwn the bad people but ended up being wrong yourself. Not very epic

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

jojoinnit posted:

Goons sheesh.

I, for one, support your right to think just the idea of. “Sheesh” seems a little harsh though.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

I, for one, support your right to think just the idea of. “Sheesh” seems a little harsh though.

Yeah I'm limiting the sheesh to this guy:

Mustached5thGrader posted:

lol you tried to pwn the bad people but ended up being wrong yourself. Not very epic

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

throuple is a funny word to say because the "thrup" sound is uncommon in english and has a satisfying popped p sound in the middle anyway don't forget to like share and subscribe

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

He'll always been the Rankin-Bass frog-monster to me

100% :same:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

jojoinnit posted:

(out)

I thought it was shading on gollums face but holy poo poo that’s his nose!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

jojoinnit posted:

(out)

This one is also incredible. I love derpy Smaug.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://i.imgur.com/pGYk7cQ.mp4

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

jojoinnit posted:

(out)

What a unit. Definitely never skipped breakfast. Or 2nd breakfast. Or 11sies. Lunch. Dinner. Supper.

Looks like a spitting image of a cosplayer. Right down to the facial intensity.

I was studying the blade

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/totalzones/status/1297344674647035904

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
That's just a traditional Christmas in Liartown :saddowns:

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Gort posted:

Honestly up to about seven it works ok, but after that you might find better luck pairing/tripling off.

Or pairing with the odd man out as a "runner" - gets more lube, slaps someone's rear end, provides electrolytes, you get the idea.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

jojoinnit posted:

(out)

iirc there were matching covers in the same style for the trilogy too, but they were less funny.

i think i have never noticed this before: bilbo has one hand in his pocket. good detail!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Gort posted:

When you reach six you just go for the traditional term for a group of six: sextuple.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Shovel Knight has ruined me- now I can't help but pronounce it "through-pple" in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Doc Hawkins posted:

iirc there were matching covers in the same style for the trilogy too, but they were less funny.

i think i have never noticed this before: bilbo has one hand in his pocket. good detail!

https://twitter.com/AirAeon/status/1297598162488745986