Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Anti-Idle has managed to successfully transfer itself into a downloadable format, for those of you who liked that and want to be able to play it after Flash support fully ends. There's no plans to port it to something that runs in a browser or Steam or such right now, though. Also, yes, you see right, it updated recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
by the way NGU idle might be the only idler i've played that made me go "ohhhh, you motherfucker", thanks to the troll challenge.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
My first troll challenge I repeatedly laughed my rear end off, particularly at the cat.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
New Antimatter Dimensions clone.
https://dan-simon.github.io/misc/fe000000/index.html
It's okay.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pope Guilty posted:

My first troll challenge I repeatedly laughed my rear end off, particularly at the cat.

i still smile when i get the cat in trolls

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

Can I get an invite tossed my way for the discord?

Recently, having just cracked into Chocolate World, I've noticed the game has sped up a lot, particularly PP.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

jeef posted:

Can I get an invite tossed my way for the discord?

Recently, having just cracked into Chocolate World, I've noticed the game has sped up a lot, particularly PP.

The NGU discord? It's literally in the top left of the launch screen and the top right of the info 'n stuff screen.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Whats happening with the Synergism update, its been months now since the ant update

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Ineptitude posted:

Whats happening with the Synergism update, its been months now since the ant update

Latest word from the dev on Discord (from the 20th) was initial 2.0 in about a week I've been advised to delay this, ETA unknown.

Maaaybe completely reworking two of the main currencies at the same time as releasing a big content patch was a tactical error? I'unno, I am just gonna keep collecting my quarks.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
At what point does it make sense to buy the NGU Perk that allows turnins of higher-level Quest items? I don't feel like having a bunch of extra quest handins is an issue for me except occasionally if I go AFK for too long while questing, and even then I just stick them at the end of my inventory and wait for that quest to come around again.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

End of evil/beginning of sadistic b/c the last upgrade to that is in sad and it's kinda meh unless you have most/all the upgrades

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

End of evil/beginning of sadistic b/c the last upgrade to that is in sad and it's kinda meh unless you have most/all the upgrades

At some point do you actually start generating Quest Items at a rate that makes doing so make sense? Or does it just let you go AFK and leave them in auto-merge slots?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

At some point do you actually start generating Quest Items at a rate that makes doing so make sense? Or does it just let you go AFK and leave them in auto-merge slots?

you kind of plateau on quest drops rates after a while, the 2 major factors in driving quest drops are quest drop bonuses (which are super rare, there's only like 8 pieces of equipment, 4 of which are in sadistic and 2 maxxed completion bonuses) and respawn speed (which if it isnt as low as possible in support of other goals is a mistake imo)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

you kind of plateau on quest drops rates after a while, the 2 major factors in driving quest drops are quest drop bonuses (which are super rare, there's only like 8 pieces of equipment, 4 of which are in sadistic and 2 maxxed completion bonuses) and respawn speed (which if it isnt as low as possible in support of other goals is a mistake imo)

Oh yeah Respawn speed is a boost to everything- QP, PP, XP, gold on no-TM runs, drops. Hugely important stat.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Rather surprised at the amount of information in blind runs. I thought there'd be no NUMBER or nothing, but you've got time until caps, you can infer boss number from multiple things and you've got pretty much all you need.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Black Griffon posted:

Rather surprised at the amount of information in blind runs. I thought there'd be no NUMBER or nothing, but you've got time until caps, you can infer boss number from multiple things and you've got pretty much all you need.

More and more information goes away as you progress through subsequent Blind Challenges.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Klungar posted:

More and more information goes away as you progress through subsequent Blind Challenges.

aaaaaaaaaah, that makes sense

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Arbetor posted:

Latest word from the dev on Discord (from the 20th) was initial 2.0 in about a week I've been advised to delay this, ETA unknown.

Maaaybe completely reworking two of the main currencies at the same time as releasing a big content patch was a tactical error? I'unno, I am just gonna keep collecting my quarks.

Yeah, the beta version is fun to mess around with at least. There's a shitload of new content coming eventually.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

starting to realize I have no idea how to use augments. I've been content just putting a bunch of resources into energy buster at this point, but that's not actually optimal, I found. trying to figure ut optimal rates seems tough though, and the calculator I found makes me want to throw myself into a ravine.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Black Griffon posted:

starting to realize I have no idea how to use augments. I've been content just putting a bunch of resources into energy buster at this point, but that's not actually optimal, I found. trying to figure ut optimal rates seems tough though, and the calculator I found makes me want to throw myself into a ravine.

find the one you can run both of not quite at full speed

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Eldercain posted:

find the one you can run both of not quite at full speed

What's full speed though?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Black Griffon posted:

What's full speed though?

if the bar stays fully filled it's running at full speed

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

if the bar stays fully filled it's running at full speed

Ah, in that case I don't really have anything at full speed.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Only check in with this thread periodically but I love idlers. I played NGU for over a year before a computer crash issue/reformat made me lose all my progress so I quit.

I"m only just now hearing that there is another Something game on the way. Is it anywhere near release yet or just early development? It's probably been asked before, apologies, but I didn't see it in the brief scan I did.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Agent355 posted:

Only check in with this thread periodically but I love idlers. I played NGU for over a year before a computer crash issue/reformat made me lose all my progress so I quit.

I"m only just now hearing that there is another Something game on the way. Is it anywhere near release yet or just early development? It's probably been asked before, apologies, but I didn't see it in the brief scan I did.

he promised PROMISED it'd be out in october and if it's not he will be cast into an oubliette

there is i think a lot of game tho and i think the beta is linked in the ngu-i discord somewhere

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

By the way, does NUMBER affect adventure stats? I killed UUG, did a few challenges, and now I just can't seem to get to killing him again and I'm wondering if it's just less playtime.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Black Griffon posted:

By the way, does NUMBER affect adventure stats? I killed UUG, did a few challenges, and now I just can't seem to get to killing him again and I'm wondering if it's just less playtime.

nope. just base + gear and cube

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Are you remembering to equip the Ring of Apathy before you fight him?

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
It could be that your advanced training levels for adventure stats are lower than before if you’re reaching him in shorter runs too.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Ring of Apathy yes, digger activated, so I must've misremembered how much advanced training I had going on.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

im playing ngu for the first time and i can't progress in adventure mode cause the fairy just kills me in the forest every time

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

buy some adventure stats with EXP, or level up/boost your gear. or monitor adventure mode, and duck back to the sewer when the fairy shows up

or turn off Idle Attack and try and take the fairy on manually, with your more powerful moves.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm still having a pretty slow slog post godmother in NGU.

Like I've been shoving stuff into wishes and increasing my resource 3, however my adventure stats are still too low to take on godmother v2 never mind the next zone which needs 4 times as much to idle.

Is this normal for this point? I feel like I've been here for a few weeks of 24 hour resets now.

I'm at the point where I'm chucking PP into adventure stats for rich jerks so it eventually doubles my adventure stats at least.

Are there any other core things I should be doing to boost adventure stats other than hacks and the wishes that boost them?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
You probably want to buy every single adventure stat perk that's available. It will always pay off in terms of increasing your floor in the itopod, which gets your more PP and more XP.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Speaking of adventure stats: I let the advanced training work overnight and predictably that handled UUG nicely, but now I feel like I've hit a bit of a dead end as the beardversers dispatch me too quickly. Advanced training is hitting diminishing returns, the BEARd is slow work, buying stats directly with XP seems very inefficient and my mega-set is fully powered. Is there a trick I'm missing or am I just in a bit of a slow phase?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

When pushing on a new zone or new titan, sometimes you're going to have to let AT stack up, fight manually, and fish for boss enemies for the better drop chance (i.e. let the enemy spawn and, if it's not a boss, leave the zone and come back). I can't remember when you unlock Diggers but make sure you've got your Adventure Digger as high as you can get it if available, and be sure to cast Iron Pill on cooldown.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Noticed my hack hack levels stopped increasing. Turns out i unceremoniously capped its levels. Theres no indication that they are capped. Worse still is that they cap outside a milestone level. :eng99:

Not sure i knew that hacks had a cap. I remember reading in here like 6 months ago that someone had capped their hacks. I guess i thought they meant capped the hack speed stat on their gear or something.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Bedurndurn posted:

You probably want to buy every single adventure stat perk that's available. It will always pay off in terms of increasing your floor in the itopod, which gets your more PP and more XP.

I forgot about that knock on effect.

I'm maybe not really being as efficient with my energy/magic distribution either.

I basically put a 20/25% spit across the various things and then just let them run for 12 hours.

Then when my time machine and augments have hit the arbitrary goals I've set, I just chuck all of that E/M into capping Evil NGUs.

I've actually been neglecting hacks for wishes with resource 3 for a while now. I'm at about 3mil resource 3 and the time for a lot of the hacks have dropped to minutes vs hours as it was before.

Once I break into the typo zone, is that the tipping point in Evil where you can start to cap a lot of the things like evil NGUs and blood magic while still having surplus E/M for other things?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Kin posted:

I'm maybe not really being as efficient with my energy/magic distribution either.

I basically put a 20/25% spit across the various things and then just let them run for 12 hours.

Then when my time machine and augments have hit the arbitrary goals I've set, I just chuck all of that E/M into capping Evil NGUs.

I've actually been neglecting hacks for wishes with resource 3 for a while now. I'm at about 3mil resource 3 and the time for a lot of the hacks have dropped to minutes vs hours as it was before.

Once I break into the typo zone, is that the tipping point in Evil where you can start to cap a lot of the things like evil NGUs and blood magic while still having surplus E/M for other things?

Are you running your NGUs during the first 12 hours or only the last 12 of a run? Halving your NGU run time is going to slow down progress a lot, and time machine/augments doesn't really help all that much with progression.

Also, take some time to buy some R3 potions and you can get a big immediate boost from your hacks if you haven't done it in a while.

You'll be surprised at how quickly multiple sources of adventure stat % increases will make your adventure stats shoot up.

I'm at the end game, and unfortunately I'm out of those sources except for sadistic NGUs and the last wish, so I'm basically just waiting for the next update to move forward in adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Kin posted:

Wishes are an incredibly slow burn at the beginning, so you should focus first on capping your Evil NGUs. If you don't have that skill that gives you one Normal NGU per one Evil NGU gained, you need it ASAP at this point. Getting at least one extra wish slot will also matter a great deal. You should start thinking about getting ready to clear the final Troll challenge in order to get that wish slot.

Also make sure you get those wishes that generate QP from Titan kills if they don't take too long. These are tiny amounts, but they'll start stacking soon enough, and they are influenced by QP gain bonuses.

Adventure Rich Stats perks matter a great deal and are a great investment, too, if you seem to be stuck.