Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

I literally just need to remember to bring it up again and somebody at my therapist's office will just get me the card nice and easy

don't even have to pay some random dude a couple hundred bucks for a halfassed diagnosis

my psychiatrist changed practices this weekend and i put off calling them to figure out something for my prescription till it was too late lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

stair lives in Illinois, recreational weed is legal

i don't know if my dispensary is open to non medical in the current circumstances tho, someday i'll try it

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Aurora posted:

i don't know if my dispensary is open to non medical in the current circumstances tho, someday i'll try it

it's still illegal under federal law and therefore equivalent to using a VPN to access hidive?

I think

there was some point to this once

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

gently caress the feds

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

afab

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

wait no

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's hosed up that chapter 4 of the old higu anime is actually kinda okay but still stumbles on not adapting the mahjong battle or the promise between men

gimme the scene where the freaky mystery story suddenly turns into a long saki mahjong battle between a bunch of sweaty old guys

rika's bits were handled ok though and they're kinda the core of ch4 so i'm not mad about those

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Smoke weed and watch anime

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah i definitely want to read the vn before watching the new anime, since my only point of reference for higurashi is the old anime. i have read umineko though so i have a general sense from that of how much better the story probably is in its native format

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

My nearest dispensary only has parking for medical customers and i have to walk half a mile there and back to my car as a result.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Weedmaster

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tales of Woe posted:

yeah i definitely want to read the vn before watching the new anime, since my only point of reference for higurashi is the old anime. i have read umineko though so i have a general sense from that of how much better the story probably is in its native format

i think even just in terms of presentation, the vns are often more interesting than the old anime because their writing is very expressive in a way that makes lots of scenes feel more alive than the anime. ironically the only times i'd say the anime ever matches up are when it's just doing the goofier character bits, but even those bits in the anime are much weaker at characterizing say, rena or keiichi

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

My nearest dispensary only has parking for medical customers and i have to walk half a mile there and back to my car as a result.

hosed up

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
can we talk about how awesome 2005 and 2006 was in anime drat

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah it's been a long time since coyote ragtime show

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Tabletops posted:

can we talk about how awesome 2005 and 2006 was in anime drat

it was a good vintage. strong acidity, earthy tones, good mouth feel.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
lemme rattle off a few i can think of

eureka 7
ergo proxy
fate/stay night
haruhi (and more importantly, kyoani moving away from the god awful clannad character designs. rest in piss.)
gin tama
ouran host club
zegapain
musashi gundoh
black lagoon
death note
d. gray man
code geass
mushishi
akagi

ok actually most of this was 2006. drat. what a year.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Colonel posted:

yeah it's been a long time since coyote ragtime show

i did one of those mystery boxes on rightstuf one time and got the first DVD for that

The episode one prison battle kicks rear end

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tabletops posted:

haruhi (and more importantly, kyoani moving away from the god awful clannad character designs. rest in piss.)

ah yes, after haruhi kyoani moved away from the clannad character designs by *checks notes* making clannad

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Tales of Woe posted:

ah yes, after haruhi kyoani moved away from the clannad character designs by *checks notes* making clannad

your right, for some reason I thought clannad was 2005.

maybe it's safer to say they established their later signature look? It's much closer to k-on than Air, fmp etc.

edit: I was thinking of AIR not clannad, I got them mixed up!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Rest... in Piss? :raise:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rear end end of some dramas, soon

homeless snail posted:

Tonight @ 8pm eastern, The Dramatic Year celebrates the Amachan 100th episode spectacular!! With special guests post-hug arc Nigehaji and post boat-arc Ryomaden!!!
https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchdramas

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Tabletops posted:

d. gray man

Is the manga still going on, or is it in hiatus like Hunter X Hunter

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

Is the manga still going on, or is it in hiatus like Hunter X Hunter
For the last two years or so it's been ongoing and publishing bimonthly or so.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Stairmaster posted:

I spent 110$ on two edibles that were supposed to be 400 mg of THC each and instead were enough to get me high exactly two times

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wtf are you not doing tolerance breaks

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Nah I hadn't had any weed in months, it was just bs that my dealer passed off as good poo poo. Just saying that I'd rather walk a mile each time I get weed than put up with this crap every drat time :sigh:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

someone give me drugs tia

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

both actually

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i don't think you should give the pug drugs

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

El Burbo posted:

someone give me drugs tia

come to illinois homie.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Phantasium posted:

i don't think you should give the pug drugs

pug can have little a drug, because the little shits love to eat weed

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

come to illinois homie.

holy hell thats so cheap

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Omg I'll literally venmo you that if you ask

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

Pretty sure there is a 4th dispensary opening up within walking distance of me soon.

Turns out Canadians love their weed.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

Omg I'll literally venmo you that if you ask
nitecon 2020/coronavirus cluster at stairs place

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Burbo's already caught it once. They're just gonna help me build herd immunity.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bubbo swing down and visit me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i won't come up to chicago because i don't want to annoy stair