Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Everyone always talks about how scary geese are but there's a bunch of them in the lake by my house and you can just shove them aside and if I buck up and just yell "gently caress off" they waddle away.

I just have to assume everyone on the internet is like that Louis CK bit about the bat in his house. You powder puffs.

During gym class in high school we sometimes had to jog around a nearby lake that was also a bird sanctuary. There were Canada Geese there and they liked to hang around on the road and were very aggressive. We basically had to dodge them as best we could to get past the bastards.
Well one time while we were running a guy who I always thought of as a bit unstable had had it and he kicked a goose in the neck. The fucker died right there and then.
We where all stunned but then the guy picks up the still flopping thing by the neck and tosses it into the lake. Years later I bought him a drink for that one since the geese stopped loving around.
I don't condone animal abuse, but gently caress geese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Turn on your monitor

:drat:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Stex T posted:

The tastiness of poultry is directly proportional to how much of an rear end in a top hat the bird is.
You must be delicious

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Claeaus posted:

That doesn't look very scary. More like a six foot turkey.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

There was this super aggressive swan that decided that a popular bridge sidewalk in Copenhagen was swan country a few years back. One day, a guy got tired of it's poo poo and, I believe, broke its neck. He was fined for the crime, which he admitted to, and was universally acknowledged as a cool guy.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

iterated on this ty for the inspiration

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lmfao

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

he is currently the highest paid actor in the world or some poo poo...what a career.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Isn't Keanu Reeves the highest paid actor in history because he opted to not hurt the budget of the Matrix by taking a flat rate and, cool huy that he is, opted for percentage and then the movie has since made a shitzillion dollars in all tickets, discs, and merch?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If so, at least he was smart enough to get a cut of the gross instead of the net.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No thanks lmao . Good god

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

:yikes::a2m:

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

haahha the tiny dude cheering him on

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

space marine todd posted:

iterated on this ty for the inspiration

Good poo poo the both of you

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Isn't Keanu Reeves the highest paid actor in history because he opted to not hurt the budget of the Matrix by taking a flat rate and, cool huy that he is, opted for percentage and then the movie has since made a shitzillion dollars in all tickets, discs, and merch?

Cool guy that he is, he also gave a lot of that money to the crew.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Where is the joke?

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

Where is the joke?

Turn off your monitor

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

:pusheen:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/maxmoefoe/status/1297946431303512066

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

For the uninitiated, the latest Qanon conspiracy theory is that Netflix is marketing to pedophiles because they're releasing a film written and directed by a woman of Senegalese descent about her experiences growing up that has a subplot about her being in a dance group. Also none of them have actually seen the film because it hasn't been released yet.

This is the exact same weekend that Qanon successfully organized a bunch of protests across America in the name of laundering their conspiracy theory through generic anti-human trafficking messaging, just in case you had any doubt we're currently in the middle of a newer, even dumber moral panic than the 80s satanic ritual abuse panic.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

"... you are my new favorite dinosaur"

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Netflix really dropped the ball on the poster & summary there.

The article wasn't loading right for me, but if it's not that article, I did see one with a comparison of the original poster and the Netflix one. And whoever did the promo stuff for Netflix focused on the dance uniforms for the poster, and twerking for the description and... yeah. Made it look really skeevy at first glance.

But of course, even if they have corrected it by now, the conspiracy types will never let it go.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

TVs Ian posted:

The article wasn't loading right for me, but if it's not that article, I did see one with a comparison of the original poster and the Netflix one. And whoever did the promo stuff for Netflix focused on the dance uniforms for the poster, and twerking for the description and... yeah. Made it look really skeevy at first glance.

But of course, even if they have corrected it by now, the conspiracy types will never let it go.

Yeah any change in the presentation will be evidence and the real documentary altered before release because they already figured out the truth.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Netflix basically lets a machine learning algorithm make all their decisions for them. My theory is the guy in charge of making the poster didn't have enough job security to say maybe the computer is wrong on this one.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Uhh, Asia has too many exit points to be an effective military strategy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TVs Ian posted:

I basically said this in another thread here and got groupthink dogpiled like I was defending pedo poo poo or white knighting a mega Corp

Nope, some poo poo is just dumb and then people fix it. We are way too stupid of a species for everything to be a well coordinated conspiracy

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Claeaus posted:

That doesn't look very scary. More like a six foot turkey.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's no way the fossil record can support a claim that you are alive when they begin to eat you.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

zoux posted:

There's no way the fossil record can support a claim that you are alive when they begin to eat you.

You don't know that.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

zoux posted:

Maybe Dr. Grant was just making up that detail to be an extra rear end in a top hat to the kid

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Maybe Dr. Grant was just making up that detail to be an extra rear end in a top hat to the kid

This is also later proven when he pretends to be electrocuted by the fence.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

He also used the etymology of the word "raptor" as a point in favor of his theory that dinosaurs evolved into modern birds.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

I mean, the vast majority of carnivores start eating their prey when it's still alive, very few wait until their prey is dead before they chow down. Stands to reason dinos would be much the same.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
That video of the lion eating the water buffalo dick and balls while it's still alive is about the worst thing I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i did not need to know such a thing exists.

my desire to watch it is matched only by my desire not to watch it