Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

jesus WEP posted:

Do they ever wonder why AEW fans don’t complain very much and are by and large delighted with the shows every week? I mean I already know the answer but

AEW fans watch Pro Wrestling.

WWE fans watch Sports Entertainment.

Two totally different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BaronCorbinWWE/status/1297935842443501569

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
My favorite recently is Seth Rollins going on about how fans can't handle long term story telling. Yeah okay man.

The basic concept of having millions of fans and refering to them as one monolith with shifting opinions, instead of different groups voicing different opinions, is one of the most poorly thought out commonly shared ideas.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
There are also lots of loud online critics of AEW. Somehow the company fights the urge to take halfassed steps to make them happy and then go "You people just don't like anything!" when the audience isn't satisfied with a lovely product

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's my fault that I don't love, "SUPERMAN PUNCH SUPERMAN PUNCH SUPERMAN PUNCH SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nice meltdown

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's funny how one of the only long-term stories in WWE, Bayley and Sasha, is the one most people would agree is good

:thunk:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

xbilkis posted:

There are also lots of loud online critics of AEW. Somehow the company fights the urge to take halfassed steps to make them happy and then go "You people just don't like anything!" when the audience isn't satisfied with a lovely product

lol yeah, AEW actually engages with fans instead of with people who hate the product. We don't think of it but half of these interactions are also WWE insisting people who hate their product online are actually fans who are coming back every week. Most evidence says that no, they're not coming back and they're no longer fans.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/BaronCorbinWWE/status/1297931572583309312?s=20

Corbin, Seth and Roman are all cut from the same cloth

I like the sharp turn from the company line of "we listen to our fans and put smiles on faces" to "this is why we don't listen to the fans".

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Gumball Gumption posted:

lol yeah, AEW actually engages with fans instead of with people who hate the product. We don't think of it but half of these interactions are also WWE insisting people who hate their product online are actually fans who are coming back every week. Most evidence says that no, they're not coming back and they're no longer fans.

This forum for example haha.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I watch RAW only out of decades of habit (but even then, if I miss something then it is no big deal). I previously would watch NXT, Smackdown and I was subscribed to the network.

Now, this thread provides most of the info and honestly, Bayley and Sasha and Asian are the only things that I generally care about.

AEW is watched every night it is on and I am willing to put up almost $60 to watch the PPVs.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Bayley and Sasha and Asian

legit the worst typo lmao

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

boxcarhobo posted:

It was autocorrect but I am leaving it in because I was stupid enough to not re-read my post.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The only reason I have the Network is for old WCW stuff I've never watched. I'll watch the PPVs because of that but you could not get me to watch Raw or Smackdown.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

The only reason I have the Network is for old WCW stuff I've never watched. I'll watch the PPVs because of that but you could not get me to watch Raw or Smackdown.

Some of the docs are decent tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/lindsaylohan/status/1297663838939238401

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I watch RAW only out of decades of habit (but even then, if I miss something then it is no big deal). I previously would watch NXT, Smackdown and I was subscribed to the network.

Now, this thread provides most of the info and honestly, Bayley and Sasha and Asian are the only things that I generally care about.

AEW is watched every night it is on and I am willing to put up almost $60 to watch the PPVs.

stop watching raw

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://twitter.com/TheMadKurt/status/1297990554945490949

don't care if this ends up being fake its amazing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Croc posted:

a perfect Mad Kurt story. A perfect Bully Ray story.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Croc posted:

its canon

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
WWE wrestlers blaming the fans for not liking the product is my new favorite genre of tweet

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

boxcarhobo posted:

I was watching "Poirot" on Amazon Prime, and in one ep there was a Asian character called "Lu Wing". You know how Amazon has "Amazon X-Ray", where it'll give you a list of the actors/characters in any given scene? Well, they instead of listing the character as "Lu Wing", they had ... "Chinaman".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

dodgeblan posted:

WWE wrestlers blaming the fans for not liking the product is my new favorite genre of tweet

It's great when they all start doing it in the same week because you can backwards engineer the exact bullet points they're all working from.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Davros1 posted:

I was watching "Poirot" on Amazon Prime, and in one ep there was a Asian character called "Lu Wing". You know how Amazon has "Amazon X-Ray", where it'll give you a list of the actors/characters in any given scene? Well, they instead of listing the character as "Lu Wing", they had ... "Chinaman".

oh nooooooooo

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I was quite surprised to see an Asian character called "Anna May" in Hollywood on Netflix but apparently she was a real person and not just a play on words...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Anna May is real

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

JOHN CENA posted:

Anna May is real

Anna May is my friend

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Anna May is my friend
Anna May is blood

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat the cake, Anna May

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Anna May Wong owns

Poirot owns

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Power Windows posted:

Anna May Wong owns

Poirot owns

Poirot owns

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Yeah but he isn't Wong

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Marmaduke! posted:

Yeah but he isn't Wong

Yes, but would two Wongs...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Power Windows posted:

Yes, but would two Wongs...

Make a Wright?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

jesus WEP posted:

Do they ever wonder why AEW fans don’t complain very much and are by and large delighted with the shows every week? I mean I already know the answer but
They live in the WWE Bubble already so they only see the similar-minded WWE fans talking trash about AEW, most likely.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

My favorite recently is Seth Rollins going on about how fans can't handle long term story telling. Yeah okay man.

The basic concept of having millions of fans and refering to them as one monolith with shifting opinions, instead of different groups voicing different opinions, is one of the most poorly thought out commonly shared ideas.
The only consistent long-term story I know of going on is Sasha/Bayley, who they've been teasing breaking up for several years now. I don't think that's because they had any long-term master plan for it, they just kept changing the story that it's just escaped a payoff for multiple years now. This ain't no Mega Powers explode story, WWE is just lazy/Vince is just senile

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i went to go check that because i was positive that wasnt a real account but no that is in fact matt jacksons actual insta acct. not a great post.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's basically the same joke Randy made to Matt.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pylons posted:

It's basically the same joke Randy made to Matt.

i missed that episode, recap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

JOHN CENA posted:

i missed that episode, recap?