Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1298070596002156545?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deflategate Retrospective
Jul 22, 2002
The Mccloskies using the wording "quiet neighborhoods" sounds like a deliberate dog whistle.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
No matter where you live, your family will not be safe

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
APARTMENTS!

edit: weren't these dipshits charged with brandishing?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1298073697690034176

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1298073732162953220

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
This is like that office where Dwight inadvertently becomes mussolini

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
Like just imagine anyone who's watching this seriously and not hate watching it. It's loving disgusting and shocking. Holy poo poo.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Kim is scaring me a little.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Wilbur Swain posted:

Kim is scaring me a little.

Is she always this shouty?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Rudy Giuliani is speaking tonight.

I am taking bets on BAC.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Kull the Conqueror posted:

This is like that office where Dwight inadvertently becomes mussolini

This is EXACTLY what this speech makes me think of.

Skyr
Jun 9, 2012
Does she usually refer to her Puerto Rican mother as an immigrant?

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
lol this lady thinks she's having her Michelle Obama moment

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I may have lied about my drinking game not killing you, there are so many loving applause lines in here and they're all landing on silence

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Kim was too much for me. I'll catch the highlights.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

Cart posted:

Is she always this shouty?

Maybe she's coked up.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lord, that Guilfoyle speech was completely unhinged.

Deflategate Retrospective
Jul 22, 2002
"The best is yet to come!" Standing on a smoldering landscape and 170 thousand dead from the plague.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The same three camera shots in the same order.

every

loving

time

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
That podium is a giant fomite.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Scout_Finch/status/1298076031329468419

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I want that Kim poo poo to blow in the GOP's face so hard.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

This guy isn't blinking

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grouchio posted:

I want that Kim poo poo to blow in the GOP's face so hard.

i mean this whole shitshow seems like it might. the DNC show had plenty issues but gently caress me the RNC poo poo show is so much worse than i thought it would be. like its for no one but the Base now.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
I finally figured out why the RNC seemed so familiar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgg6tZEXm5A

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I've been making dinner. The gently caress is with the Council of Identical White Men?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

We freed over 50 hostages. Here are the six we could convince to speak about how great I am!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I think doing speeches to a small audience was a worse idea than doing speeches to no audience. When you make a speech expecting applause and no one gives it, or when you get it and it's small... it feels worse than a speech that's designed without breaks and delivered without any participation expected. There's an indicator of low enthusiasm when that happens.
It doesn't help that they left everything hard, so it sounds empty in there.
The RNC is just as awkward and weird, but it's also hateful and masturbatory. A strange year for conventions.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Most republicans I know believe every word Kim just said. That is what is terrifying. They've gone full Triumph of the Will and the base loves it. I don't see how this ends in anything but civil war and/or a right wing coup. Like what do you even do if 40% of the country strongly believes that garbage?

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean this whole shitshow seems like it might. the DNC show had plenty issues but gently caress me the RNC poo poo show is so much worse than i thought it would be. like its for no one but the Base now.

This was their big opportunity to appeal to people that don't already have Trump flags hanging off their houses, and everyone was expecting a shitshow. Basic competence would have sufficed, and by y'all's reports he's somehow broken out his shovel and dug underneath that bar somehow.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TwoQuestions posted:

This was their big opportunity to appeal to people that don't already have Trump flags hanging off their houses, and everyone was expecting a shitshow. Basic competence would have sufficed, and by y'all's reports he's somehow broken out his shovel and dug underneath that bar somehow.

and this is only the first night.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

No, see, Biden's the real dictator!

"It is the sound of tears hitting the paper of an application to become an American citizen."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just can't get over how cheap and quick everything looks. Right down to the font on the podium sign. The Dems at least had presentation values...

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

TwoQuestions posted:

It's competent I guess but it's somehow both more boring than the DNC and more depressing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Wilbur Swain posted:

No, see, Biden's the real dictator!

Wow, they let D&D posters speak at this shitshow?! Unreal! :buddy:

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

It's pretty loving bold to put a Cuban immigrant on to tell people how we shouldn't let any more immigrants in, but you do you, GOP.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

TwoQuestions posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1298075449021607941

Check this poo poo out man, it's crazy

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

This segment makes Biden sound loving awesome

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
We seem to be averaging one false statement every third minute, based on MSNBC's live fact-checking alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Some gigantic Obama Columns flanking the stage. Why did they think this was a good idea?