Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Massive lol at "I thought this place was racist and I could fit in"

This right here was the most loving outrageous thing, I can't believe this was his opening salvo, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

J.A.B.C. posted:

https://twitter.com/dapurplesharpie/status/1297637542305697794?s=19

I feel bad for the SG community. Especially when Sharpie and SonicFox came out and said 'Hey, what Mike did sucks but still support LabZero'

https://twitter.com/KPBRetroStation/status/1277767822505017351

I do not feel bad for sharpie

Also please remember that sonicfox tried to say it was "just a mistake" when Mike Z used George Floyd's last words as a lovely punchline, claimed to have not been aware of any of the allegations surrounding him for years while being a close friend, and when called out on it tried to imply that person wouldn't care as much if it were their friend instead

It was extremely hosed up in general just how many top players and personalities were willing to write off overt racism as a slip of the tongue and let him off with a "don't let it happen again" because he donated money to some charities.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
It is loving breathtaking to witness an entire company die because of one rear end in a top hat.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I recall sharpie made a really bad tweet implying she had a sexual abuse story to tell at the height of that poo poo hitting the fgc and her twitlonger ended up being "hahaaa bitches made yall look lmao"

I also remember SonicFox made a mad wishy washy comment about how we can't know the truth about something so internally personal or some poo poo when the first wave of accusations vs Nakkiel came up (they're roommates)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think this makes everything thats happened to skullgirls karma, now

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Wrist Watch posted:

https://twitter.com/KPBRetroStation/status/1277767822505017351

I do not feel bad for sharpie

Also please remember that sonicfox tried to say it was "just a mistake" when Mike Z used George Floyd's last words as a lovely punchline, claimed to have not been aware of any of the allegations surrounding him for years while being a close friend, and when called out on it tried to imply that person wouldn't care as much if it were their friend instead

It was extremely hosed up in general just how many top players and personalities were willing to write off overt racism as a slip of the tongue and let him off with a "don't let it happen again" because he donated money to some charities.

It's hosed, but I can understand how it got to that point for SonicFox; Mike Z must have been involved with him for at least literally over a third of his entire life, if not 100% of his adolescent and adult life. Denial is going to set in real quick and real hard at first.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

theGrooseofLegend posted:

It is loving breathtaking to witness an entire company die because of one rear end in a top hat.

I mean, the entire company is a kickstarted game powered by autism. Also it looks like the only people hired to work at this company were young gamer girls?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm so happy I no longer play Skullgirls. I got out at the perfect time.

The community is also...really loving weird at times and kind of assholish. I have a couple of stories.

It still bothers me that she calls out Broken Loose for being salty for snubbing her handshake during their grudge set, but it was her who snubbed him first.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Elephunk posted:

I mean, the entire company is a kickstarted game powered by autism. Also it looks like the only people hired to work at this company were young gamer girls?

That's a hell of an assessment.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

MechaX posted:

It's hosed, but I can understand how it got to that point for SonicFox; Mike Z must have been involved with him for at least literally over a third of his entire life, if not 100% of his adolescent and adult life. Denial is going to set in real quick and real hard at first.

for a lot of people, that was the first time they witnessed mike z being lovely.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Elephunk posted:

Please don't do this. Autism doesn't make you into a sexual harasser, we don't need that stigma and I've seen people try to use it for cover; both situations loving suck.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

euphemism posted:

for a lot of people, that was the first time they witnessed mike z being lovely.

yeah at the time it was easy to write that off as him just being an awkward dipshit that hosed up but then oops all the rest of the everything else happened

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Elephunk posted:

you're a real piece of poo poo

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
whole situation is a drat shame moment.
I didn't care for SG, and have literally no interest in Indivisible aside curiosity on what was going on behind the doors, but all that for it to end like this is such a shame.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Shoenin posted:

have literally no interest in Indivisible

nobody does b/c it's a terrible game on every front possible. I can't really feel too bad for anyone involved having to quit their job after several million dollars of backer money + whatever else led into that game

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 25, 2020

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

darealkooky posted:

nobody does b/c it's a terrible game on every front possible. I can't really feel too bad for anyone involved having to quit their job because after several million dollars of backer money + whatever else led into that game

idk the art and most of the characters are real cool lookin

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

in the version of the game I played a lot of the art was blatantly not even finished. theres some cool stuff in there but a series of cool gifs doesn't make for a good or interesting video game.

it's a shame too because valkyrie profile 1 is loving awesome but for some reason every attempt to make another one, official or not, ends up being a big mess

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Indivisible's gameplay was fun and you could actually do neat combos which is something VP fucks up again and again,

It's other faults (A boring plot, an interesting setting that goes largely unused, incredibly lovely level design) are all things it shares with VP.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Indivisible has some good art in it with some not so good animations and pieces that clash, but more pressingly is not a good game to like, play.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gee I wonder if the game being held to the whims of a brain-damaged jerkoff might have contributed to the final state of Indivisible

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Gee I wonder if the game being held to the whims of a brain-damaged jerkoff might have contributed to the final state of Indivisible

impossible, it was clearly the fault of all the artists and animators that are quitting therefore i dont feel bad for them and am very smart

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

https://twitter.com/ohitsjmz/status/1298011840299986944

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I wasn't sure Lab Zero was even still solvent. Indivisible was crowdfunded so you'd think it would already sell to it's main audience, and it didn't seem like it blew up beyond that. That and they seem to have no clue how to do business with whatever happened with Konami for Skullgirls and 505 games launching the switch version early.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How did they forget a movelist again?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

darealkooky posted:

nobody does b/c it's a terrible game on every front possible. I can't really feel too bad for anyone involved having to quit their job after several million dollars of backer money + whatever else led into that game

I can feel bad for people who quit their job despite how a goddamn pandemic is happening currently and they probably never saw very much of that “several millions of backer money”

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I can't believe Indivisible was on so many people's GOTY lists. It is literally broken to the point of being unfinished.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Indivisible's gameplay was fun and you could actually do neat combos which is something VP fucks up again and again,

It's other faults (A boring plot, an interesting setting that goes largely unused, incredibly lovely level design) are all things it shares with VP.

Battles, especially random ones, could be cheesed without any strategy and took three times as long to complete as they should have.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 25, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I cannot fathom calling Indivisibles combat good. The only thing that changed over the course of the game was losing one character and replacing them with another one on the basis of "does not gently caress up the core combo I've been doing since hour 2".

Enemies had so so so much health that I can't fathom not using the cheesy as hell setup I used to make it take less time.

That all said, I beat Indivisible and never beat VP so Im forced to declare it the better game.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Captain Baal posted:

How did they forget a movelist again?

Because Mike Z thought it was unimportant and threw tantrums if people asked for one. His entire argument was "You could just look them up online. Having one in game is useless."

Also reading the recent stuff on how it was working on Lab Zero it does make sense why Indivisible is basically a combat system, some platforming and then everything else as just a footnote. Just Mike Z holding everything hostage so often they had like no time to implement anything not just part of the core gameplay. This also lines up with the talk about Alex becoming increasingly hostile to work with and doing less and less work. Just he kept seeing something that was supposed to be about his cultural heritage being basically stolen by Mike, because of Mike refusing to do things he didn't personally find interesting.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 25, 2020

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The fact that Ajna was the only character with any real progression and she never comes together to actually feeling good to play is probably the most damning thing about the game.

That and most of the cast loving sucks rear end

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Black Mage Knight posted:

Because Mike Z thought it was unimportant and threw tantrums if people asked for one. His entire argument was "You could just look them up online. Having one in game is useless."

Also reading the recent stuff on how it was working on Lab Zero it does make sense why Indivisible is basically a combat system, some platforming and then everything else as just a footnote. Just Mike Z holding everything hostage so often they had like no time to implement anything not just part of the core gameplay. This also lines up with the talk about Alex becoming increasingly hostile to work with and doing less and less work. Just he kept seeing something that was supposed to be about his cultural heritage being basically stolen by Mike, because of Mike refusing to do things he didn't personally find interesting.

Everyone who talked about his behavior shows he is the exact type of rear end in a top hat who'd make your life really stressful if you kept pushing for anything he didn't think was necessary.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm glad that we're airing our grievances about Indivisible now, because I honestly thought something was wrong with me that I didn't really enjoy the game as much as I thought I should. I just shrugged and figured I was doing something wrong, and I'm glad that no, the game actually sucks.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Black Mage Knight posted:

That's exactly it, and one of the big concessions they were able to squeeze out of Mike, after years of development, was bringing on more people to do all the poo poo he insisted he (or other people who already had too much going on) could and should be doing themselves, and even then they were forced to work around whatever Mike didn't have his claws into.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

The fact that Ajna was the only character with any real progression and she never comes together to actually feeling good to play is probably the most damning thing about the game.

That and most of the cast loving sucks rear end

Razmi is one of the best characters in gaming stuck in a bad game with a bad cast.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Indivisible has some good art in it with some not so good animations and pieces that clash, but more pressingly is not a good game to like, play.

doing a cool combo is fun vs a human but not the 30th scrub ai enemy in a row in a single player game and once i get bored it just becomes brute force through or quit
in indivisible's case i quit because every other aspect of the game was no bueno

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1298105337593991168

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

there's definitely a market for doing cool fighting game combos against AI enemies (see: every game george kamitami has had a hand in working on), the problem is that much like in skullgirls the combos in indivisible are simply way too long for them to be something fun to do over and over

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

darealkooky posted:

there's definitely a market for doing cool fighting game combos against AI enemies (see: every game george kamitami has had a hand in working on), the problem is that much like in skullgirls the combos in indivisible are simply way too long for them to be something fun to do over and over

Actually they are fun.

Sorry Kooky you're wrong again.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Chev posted:

If you want a 2D GG clone I recommend having a look at E's Laf++:

https://twitter.com/FreeEslaf/status/1039148369996787712

Now this is my type of kusoge. I played a prototype of the first one a long time ago. Pretty awesome to see they are still working on it after all this time.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It's nice, and with everything around Mike Z right now a good thing they're speaking up in support of the people leaving LabZero Games, but that doesn't change that Autumn did something real screwy with the Skullgirls IP right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I never understood how or why I was supposed to be doing combos in Indivisible when doing the one guys big sword attack and mashing on the buttons seemed to be effective enough.

I quit shortly after getting the water lady as it was pretty clear the game wasn’t going to have anything new to offer. Also the main bad guy seemed to die a few hours in anyway.