Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
FiNN looks cool at least, but does that grip mean that some configs just...won't have ADS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Lemon-Lime posted:

lol, so it's what the M249 was before they nerfed it.

The gun it's based off is suuuper low ROF, shooting at about 550-600 RPM irl, so basically it's shooting at the speed of the AN94 on full auto. Considering how poorly all the low RPM stuff fares in warzone I don't expect it to be anything like the Bruen.

f#a# posted:

FiNN looks cool at least, but does that grip mean that some configs just...won't have ADS?

Yea, this particular gun has been in cod before in the format they show in that pic, where it functions similar to the minigun.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 24, 2020

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Huh, apparently the Grau got a new barrel at some point.

Any other new attachments I missed since we got dragon's breath on a bunch of the shotguns?

Fart Car '97 posted:

The gun it's based off is suuuper low ROF, shooting at about 550-600 RPM irl, so basically it's shooting at the speed of the AN94 on full auto. Considering how poorly all the low RPM stuff fares in warzone I don't expect it to be anything like the Bruen.

I guess that at least "balances" it in a way the M249 wasn't, but also means it'll probably be garbage, yeah.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Huh, apparently the Grau got a new barrel at some point.

Any other new attachments I missed since we got dragon's breath on a bunch of the shotguns?

Check out the Uzi if you haven't, it should have a barrel and ammo unlockable.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

they're going to release cat girl mara the day before cod blops cold war II is dropped aren't they

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

COD is dead. The real BR is now in flight simulator trying to land in a crowded airport with all assistance settings off

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

f#a# posted:

Check out the Uzi if you haven't, it should have a barrel and ammo unlockable.

Those were added way before the dragon's breath, though, so I haven't missed them.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Stop releasing new stuff before i finish with the old stuff please

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Matchmaking in this game blows and is making me Not Chill so I gotta take a break or something. I just play objectives and have a 1 KDR! Stop putting me in in-progress curbstomps all the time!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Play with a full group of goons. Although that also usually entails getting matched against the sweatiest teams but at least you don't get dumped into mid game.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Plunder is so chill I love it. Thankfully, I don't have a "good" record yet, so I'm still getting matched up with people my actual skill level.

Scored my first two wins--one because one teammate went around to two different bunkers by himself, scoring 1.2 million, while another guy and I sweated it out to keep our combined 700k. 2nd place was about 1 million, so he could have won by himself. Another was just two of us looting our asses off, and revenge killing our way into keeping our lead when we sent it to overtime.

Man, do people just love going to the stadium and sniping from the wings...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I made a guy in gulag so mad he kept trying to 1v1 me and spamming invites

I lost every wz game, but I'm tge real winner

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Got the best death mic ever last night, it was the glorious sound of someone throwing their controller across the room.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You were right about the Bruen. It’s still good.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

appropriatemetaphor posted:

they're going to release cat girl mara the day before cod blops cold war II is dropped aren't they

I can only hope

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

veni veni veni posted:

You were right about the Bruen. It’s still good.

Yup. Oddly enough I've switch to the M13, I never really gave it a chance before and it loving shreds, just need to burst at range rather than go full auto.

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Update just started for me, ~17.5 gigs on PC.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

it shriveled up posted:

Update just started for me, ~17.5 gigs on PC.

God drat lol

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Challenge for new gun is 1 melee kill in 7 matches with an LMG. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The game is full of people sprinting around with an LMG to get one melee kill and then quitting the round.

They really should go back to what they did at launch and make your quest progress not count if you don't finish the game.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Lemon-Lime posted:

The game is full of people sprinting around with an LMG to get one melee kill and then quitting the round.

They really should go back to what they did at launch and make your quest progress not count if you don't finish the game.

lol you can just quit???

imo i hate the oddly specific challenges. kills and headshots only, please

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Can someone explain why I might like Shipment but hate Rust?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Not having a matchmaking lockout if you quit is the biggest problem with the game.

IW too scared of a class action lawsuit by gamerz needing to replace the controller they broke is why they won’t do it

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

snoremac posted:

Shipment is equal opportunity dumb bullshit instead of people spawnkilling from the tower 24/7.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

snoremac posted:

Shipment is a bonus round map that is mostly on one level floor, where Rust has a huge vertical element.

Shipment is free XP, Rust is sweatville.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1298197577133940738?s=21

I loving hate Shoothouse and love Shipment so this is some monkeys paw poo poo for me

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah the issue with shiphouse is that everyone gets shoothouse unless they game the lobbies because the majority of people want shipment

cod ww2 figured this out and just always had shipment as a playlist on the menu

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

FiNN LMG w/ Adverse barrel & Sniper is absolutely going to be the new meta.

moist turtleneck posted:

yeah the issue with shiphouse is that everyone gets shoothouse unless they game the lobbies because the majority of people want shipment

cod ww2 figured this out and just always had shipment as a playlist on the menu

Actually you're wrong and what they figured out was never give people what they need to level too fast or too easily

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Weird, shoothouse is a great map.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I like shoothouse AND rust

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

The (new?) Warzone game type is bad rear end. Small map moving at all times deathmatch is better then plunder!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Snowmankilla posted:

The (new?) Warzone game type is bad rear end. Small map moving at all times deathmatch is better then plunder!

Yea this so much more fast paced and fun. Manged 24 kills in my first match

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

As a HC player gently caress shipment forever

Rust and shootyhouse are good

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

canada jezus posted:

Weird, shoothouse is a great map.

It's probably the best 6v6 scale map in the game, yeah.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
HC Shipment rules. Throw an explosive? Prepare for 3 deaths.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
rust and shoothouse are both irredeemable garbage. shoothouse is acceptable bad like cheshire park or azhur cave but rust* belongs in the 'skip always' shitpile like piccadilly or big Aniyah Palace.

*unless we're talking gunfight. rust is a kickass gunfight map.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Ive never minded Piccadilly but Azhur Cave needs to be shot into the sun.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Syrinxx posted:

As a HC player gently caress shipment forever

Rust and shootyhouse are good

why do you hate weapon unlocks so much?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

All of which are yours, because all your teammates are too stupid to not stand in the fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Push El Burrito posted:

Killstreaks are the best there for killing a shitload (2) of teammates and then yourself