Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

you eventually meet a few Dentons in Disco Elysium. one of them was found in a leaf bale.

i still think about the leaf bale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Disco Elysium is good but it's kind of the anti- Deus Ex in that while it invokes a lot of broader political and philosophical ideas the actual conflict is a a very small scale murder mystery that involves a lot of characters and environments that were shaped by larger conflicts and forces. You're not going to be pressing a button to determine the future of human civilization or personally interacting with the head of the Illuminati.

If the next DX doesn't establish JC Denton's heraldic bird I'm getting a refund.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

You're not going to be pressing a button to determine the future of human civilization or personally interacting with the head of the Illuminati.

You do save the world by starting an anodic music rave to contain the pale where it is breaking into Martinaise.

I’d also argue that all the conversation about the world spirits and Dolores Dei / innocents and the players options and choices there are not dissimilar to the questions raised by the ending of DX.

In disco you are narratively determining it for Harry not the world, but that is determining it for the world.

Bar Ran Dun fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 24, 2020

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I have no idea how long I've had my new av/text because I have avatars turned off (usually browsed at work pre-Covid) but I've just noticed it and I love it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Walton Simons posted:

I have no idea how long I've had my new av/text because I have avatars turned off (usually browsed at work pre-Covid) but I've just noticed it and I love it.

I bought that one ages ago, like mid-October of last year I think?

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Here's a project I'm working on to upscale all the textures in the game using ESRGAN. It's basically done except I don't know how the hell to release it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P6Nub1ycxU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
release it directly into my giant blue veins

Also here's a handy link to Deus Ex: Recut because I know it was going through your mind as you watched the previous video

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 23, 2020

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
oh yes

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Hey man can you tag this? it was lovely to come across right in the middle of my run :(

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Done.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Your turn

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Diggus Bickus posted:

Here's a project I'm working on to upscale all the textures in the game using ESRGAN. It's basically done except I don't know how the hell to release it.

this rules

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I was on a conference call for work the other day and was asked about a timeline for something. I said it should be ready within 6 months and had to immediately mute my mic because I was cracking up. I am pretty sure some people noticed and assumed I was dicking around during a call. I'm not sure if the truth is better or worse.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I was on a conference call for work the other day and was asked about a timeline for something. I said it should be ready within 6 months and had to immediately mute my mic because I was cracking up. I am pretty sure some people noticed and assumed I was dicking around during a call. I'm not sure if the truth is better or worse.

We've had to endure much you and I, but within the week your timeline will be complete

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

aparmenideanmonad posted:

why contain the laughter

s'cool

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

We've had to endure much you and I, but within the week your timeline will be complete

No.

Within six months.

Llamakazi
Jan 25, 2006

"Awr?"
Yes.

...old men are the FUTURE.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

WARNING
:siren: :corsair: :siren:
WARNING

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
If necessary, the secondary project will be terminated.

Aquinas spoke of the mythical department with unlimited budget. Soon that budget will be a reality and we will be crowned it's managers!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Or better than managers... Directors!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Man Deus Ex ruined video game bathrooms for me. You get in big trouble for going into the Unatco HQ women’s bathroom. If you use a toilet it just flushes. I remember going into the first women’s restroom in Fallout 3 and being disappointed that no one cared but also that using the toilet meant drinking from it

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Keith Atherton posted:

Man Deus Ex ruined video game bathrooms for me. You get in big trouble for going into the Unatco HQ women’s bathroom. If you use a toilet it just flushes. I remember going into the first women’s restroom in Fallout 3 and being disappointed that no one cared but also that using the toilet meant drinking from it

Did they miss an opportunity for this in MD? I remember it wasn't there at the Task Force HQ but maybe I just didn't trigger it.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Eason the Fifth posted:

Did they miss an opportunity for this in MD? I remember it wasn't there at the Task Force HQ but maybe I just didn't trigger it.

At one point there is a janitor cleaning the ladies' room. If you go in there and talk to him, he says "hey, whatever floats your boat, buddy," or something like that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Diggus Bickus posted:

Wow that looks really sharp.

DESPERATE

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I might try blitzing Mankind Divided over the long weekend since it's unseasonably cold. I heard pistols are trash now? I barely engaged in combat aside from tazing and punching before Fallout 4 tore me away from my first play-through (still questioning my judgement on that one).

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Shumagorath posted:

I might try blitzing Mankind Divided over the long weekend since it's unseasonably cold. I heard pistols are trash now? I barely engaged in combat aside from tazing and punching before Fallout 4 tore me away from my first play-through (still questioning my judgement on that one).

Not trash, but not great. Ditch them as soon as you get a good rifle or shotty.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Criminal Past is the really good one right?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The bank one is also good.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

All of Mankind Divided is awesome. Enjoy it!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

An ssd isn't optional, do all the side quests, and while it's not short the end is a bit abrupt. Otherwise it owns.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Prague is the best hub in the series, hands down.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Now that Avengers is out, I’m hoping maybe they can get back to finishing their Deus Ex prequel trilogy, ending with the attack on the Statue of Liberty.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Finally finding out how many Jensens it takes to screw in a light bulb

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

El_Elegante posted:

Finally finding out how many Jensens it takes to screw in a light bulb

Just one, but he has to use a biocell halfway through to have the energy to screw it all the way in.

Also, he wanted the bulb's light to be orange but instead it was greenish yellow.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Not that it matters but are the DX:MD servers shut down already? That's shameful on Square's part.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

chaosapiant posted:

Now that Avengers is out, I’m hoping maybe they can get back to finishing their Deus Ex prequel trilogy, ending with the attack on the Statue of Liberty.

Correct me if I'm wrong but what does Avengers, developed by Crystal Dynamics, have to do with Deus Ex developed by Eidos Montreal other than the same publisher

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I would play a game where you were Adam Jensen right after the augs, adjusting. Surgery Simulator, except trying to screw in a lightbulb without crushing it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Haha so it seems like when I first tried to play MD I was layering TAA and MSAA, and without MSAA the game both looks better and runs ~25% faster. I'm sure four years of newer drivers have helped make DX12 better but considering I built a new PC for this in late 2016 it's weird to get it running so well now.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Yeah MD was one of the last games to attempt to combine MSAA with deferred shading

They did not succeed in fixing the performance problems deferred MSAA has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The load times were what killed me when it came out. I was running it on a loving SSD and I still had enough waiting time during loads to read an entire 400 page history book by the time I finished the game. I'm glad they fixed that. Or SSDs five years ago were just comically slow.