Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wouldn't inflict Ohio on any of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im ohio

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

come to california

we have weed and fires

I don't smoke so you'll have to find your own hookups

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think there's enough smoke already thank you

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Washington is nice. And not on fire yet.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tabletops posted:

Washington is nice. And not on fire yet.

i thought u meant DC and and nodded at the yet

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/granblue_en/status/1298094901507235840

Cygames please

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

starbucks hermit posted:

come to california

we have weed and fires

I don't smoke so you'll have to find your own hookups

no worries, ive got the weed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdbZ2IxVFqU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Burbo's already caught it once. They're just gonna help me build herd immunity.

I’m totally safe until they release covid-20

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

El Burbo posted:

I’m totally safe until they release covid-20

I think that happened in Hong Kong like today

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm what you might call an early adopter

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

I think that happened in Hong Kong like today

Ah well

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm in Ohio, but I'm on the border so I can easily escape. Unfortunately, then I'm in Indiana, which is somehow worse.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I wish WF came out in english because it is fun

also if they didn't totally bungle everything at the start and kill off a lot of the playerbase that would be good too

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I spent most of the afternoon playing Bleach Brave Souls and meanwhile all comedic hell broke loose on the forums or something.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Pretty sure there is a 4th dispensary opening up within walking distance of me soon.

Turns out Canadians love their weed.
Is it at least good weed?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I hope they fully legalize weed so that the people who smoke weed will be the normies and I'll be the cool guy for abstaining.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Is there a vtuber thread anywhere? I was thinking of making one so people could post clips of Kiryu Coco shoving a tail buttplug up Marine's rear end.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Why must you bring this violence upon us?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
this is the vtuber thread

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

are vtubers anime or anime adjacent

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/AnimegirlENG/status/1297921230784405504?s=20

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I heard Coco is doing Twitch streams at some point

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imIET1M1Lt0

MMania
May 7, 2008

starbucks hermit posted:

are vtubers anime or anime adjacent

Here's a short case study. Luna is a 0-year (3 year?) old princess of the candy kingdom who has saccharine verbal ticks that are Extremely Anime, but also has piano playing streams and is considered to be the best Dark Souls player of all the hololive members?? It seems like the result of putting anime tropes plus completely random bullshit into a blender and then trying to paste that over an existing human's personality.

I'll go down the rabbit hole a couple times a week but that's with curated, subtitled short videos, and simply peering over the lip of the deep dark well that is; learning conversational Japanese -> watching entire streams -> simping. Somehow I think it's quaint to think that just a few years ago there was basically just Kizuna Ai putting out Let's Plays.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

lmfao

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Cappy posted:

Is there a vtuber thread anywhere? I was thinking of making one so people could post clips of Kiryu Coco shoving a tail buttplug up Marine's rear end.

Feel free to make a thread about it.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
vtuber question:

why is kizuna ai's motion capture stuff light years better than literally anything else? it's so much better.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 25, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tabletops posted:

vtuber question:

why is kizuna ai's motion capture stuff light years better than literally anything else? it's so much better.

because shes funded by nazi bitcoin corporations

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tabletops posted:

vtuber question:

because kizuna ai was much more of a corporate product and modern vtubers are largely people using whatever face tracking they can get

notice that kizuna ai, despite having higher production values, also has completely faded in popularity

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Kizuna Ai was probably always recording in motion capture gear at a studio, where as most other vtubers you see are just using a face recognition application using their phone. I think others also suffer from having too much fidelity in their models, like where you see the model trying to match what their eyes are doing and it looks like they're freaking out. Kizuna Ai only had a handful of predefined faces she could make and they may have went back during post-production to fix things and pick the right faces based on the situation. Other vtubers do most/all their work on the fly during a stream and don't have the luxury of going back and fixing things.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

El Burbo posted:

holy hell thats so cheap

jesus, this is cheaper than the bus I was planning to take to get weed after this pandemic thing settles down lol

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
kizuna ai: head stuck on

omesis: can remove their heads at will

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
golden kamuy has really charmibg art & characters. its wonderful

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

scary ghost dog posted:

golden kamuy has really charmibg art & characters. its wonderful

:yeah:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Captain Cappy posted:

Kizuna Ai was probably always recording in motion capture gear at a studio, where as most other vtubers you see are just using a face recognition application using their phone. I think others also suffer from having too much fidelity in their models, like where you see the model trying to match what their eyes are doing and it looks like they're freaking out. Kizuna Ai only had a handful of predefined faces she could make and they may have went back during post-production to fix things and pick the right faces based on the situation. Other vtubers do most/all their work on the fly during a stream and don't have the luxury of going back and fixing things.

you can watch her stuff live tho

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Tabletops posted:

you can watch her stuff live tho

I haven't kept up with Kizuna Ai so I didn't even know they were doing streams. I don't think the streamed Kizuna Ai stuff looks much different than other vtubers using mocap gear. Make sure you're not comparing apples (the simple face recognition stuff using an iphone) to oranges (mocap gear). Having looked at a Kizuna Ai stream briefly I do think her corporation has a decent edge in mouth and eye detection/animation but everything else looks about as good/bad as the other vtuber corporations.

Here's an example of Hololive 3D for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ybut0DDeu0

Edit: gently caress now Kizuna Ai stuff is showing up in my recommends.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
In other Vtuber news, Korone is currently playing Banjo Kazooie and Grant Kirkhope tweeted about it:
https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/1298289344659075072