Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
my life has been so much poorer without the sad blue robofolk

fauna fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

the timing and expression in this comic is just superb, without ever going super cartoony. i'm in love with this page

:kimchi:

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

O Human Star is great. Got teary eyed at parts of it that hit close to home for me. Coming out is hard and scary as hell even with people you trust.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 23, 2020

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
After sitting with it for a couple days, I'm actually quite pleased with how OHS ended. We don't need to get into whoever brought Al back, or Sulla's burgeoning relationship with Ty. The main plot is complete, and extremely well done.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Oh, and as mentioned in the KSBD thread, there's an unwritten epilogue of KSDB where Allison returns from her "grand canyon trip" with her pals and they all become baristas at Coffee of Doom.

Would personally love to see Princess dealing with, like, Raven.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Reach latte by violence

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I know this is K6BD chat but this thread is lower-key and I remember to check it more often... but I've been processing Zoss' statement a few dozen pages ago:

quote:

I spent my life mastering the wheel, and in time became its lord. Yet for all my effort, I found the world always spun inevitably towards ruin. In my arrogance I clung to victory. I mustered up all my dreadful might and secret arts, believing this fate could be prevented.

Yet in doing so I have by a prison. Not only for myself but for the very world. This was my final revelation. The King of Swords must cast aside his blade and let his burden by taken by another. He that masters the wheel cannot break it.

And Juggernaut's prior statement of

quote:

Past and future are one it matters not. This will happen again. It will all happen again forever until the Conquering King is satisfied.

Until then we are mere vermin to be crush upon the wheel of fate itself.

Over and over as he spins the wheel and laughs at God!

And wondering what it says about the cycle of Zoss dubbing heirs to his throne? Like Zoss has already said he chose Allison as the heir to see if "this time it would be different" but in picking Zaid to begin with wouldn't he be picking someone new and different to start a new cycle? If so, why does this mistake and the ruination of the cosmos keep repeating itself?

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 23, 2020

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

My guess is he's picked Zaid in the past and it didn't work out well, so this time he's trying Allison as a hail mary. His other dialogue suggests that she also needs to pass on the key instead of keeping it for herself, and maybe Zaid wasn't willing to do that.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Zaid is zoss after the last zoss picked and trained him. Repeat over and over. This time ill get it right

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

World Famous W posted:

Zaid is zoss after the last zoss picked and trained him. Repeat over and over. This time ill get it right
Yeah, I don't think it's a coincidence that Zoss and Zaid are both at the end of the alphabet, but Allison, who's going to create a new paradigm, is at the start of the alphabet.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

World Famous W posted:

Zoss: REAL SORRY ABOUT THE BRA-SNAP, BY THE WAY, THOSE THINGS ARE EXPENSIVE

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Personally, I don't think Zaid was ever Zoss. Or vice-versa. I think Zoss has been going back in time and trying everything over and over, but never given up his Key until now.

I believe this because it means there's no safety net for Allison - Zoss can't step in to save her, he can only step in to give advice.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Joe Slowboat posted:

Personally, I don't think Zaid was ever Zoss. Or vice-versa. I think Zoss has been going back in time and trying everything over and over, but never given up his Key until now.

I believe this because it means there's no safety net for Allison - Zoss can't step in to save her, he can only step in to give advice.

I was leaning into "Is the comic leading to Zoss and Zaid being the same person?" But this is a good point too, we know that the Zoss was careful about doling out the lesser words while keeping the master key for himself.

On the other hand the visions we've seen of what is expected look like Zoss was supposed to bequeath the master key to Zaid too:

But then those no guarantee those are accurate or represent the full key being passed on either.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

My read on the whole "Zoss has done this many times before" is I guess a more straightforward timeline, where he chose the current seven demiurges and supported them to rulership as well (as development of his general concept that the wheel cannot be ruled by one eternal conqueror) and it didn't work out, and that he has perhaps tried this with a great many demiurges before during their long wars.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Eh we know at least two of the current seven did not have their keys until after the outbreak of the universal war, when Zoss had already abandoned his domain and left it to be broken apart by the mad demiurges. It wouldn't make sense for him to have hand-picked and cultivated all of them, especially when the other demiurges see Incubus as having an unearned position among them.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They do kind of look alike.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Man this is exactly the kind of speculation rabbit hole that makes me avoid the KSBD thread at times.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Eh, this one isn't such bad speculation but I think the whole this will happen again thing wasn't meant to be taken literally. It's more of a general "cycle of violence" type thing. Time loops are one of the less absurd guesses I've seen though.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Glagha posted:

Eh, this one isn't such bad speculation but I think the whole this will happen again thing wasn't meant to be taken literally. It's more of a general "cycle of violence" type thing. Time loops are one of the less absurd guesses I've seen though.

I'm not even talking about that - the world being stuck in a time loop was already made pretty clear by Zoss and Juggernaut Star. But the whole "Zaid is Zoss" thing and trying to endlessly second guess where the plot is going has ruined many a story.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'm not even talking about that - the world being stuck in a time loop was already made pretty clear by Zoss and Juggernaut Star. But the whole "Zaid is Zoss" thing and trying to endlessly second guess where the plot is going has ruined many a story.

Nobody is second guessing the plot. Speculating how wild it'll turn out is fun. I'm not going to go and get myself permabanned from the Kill Six Billion Demons comments for bloviating about how many ridiculous PLOT HOLES are in the comic if anything we guess on ends up not happening. Analyzing the possible trajectories of the plot and the deeper thematic ties to the story is normal.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I'm going to binge O Human Star now, I think. I loved it when I read it before, but I decided to leave it instead of read each update so I could read in chunks, haha.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That title keeps getting this song stuck inside my head. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A42ZYNno5oQ

Aliens from outer space are sleeping in my car.
I wanna know, I wanna know.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Okay yeah O Human Star was fantastic. Gonna be excited to see whatever Blue Delliquanti does next.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

PetraCore posted:

Okay yeah O Human Star was fantastic. Gonna be excited to see whatever Blue Delliquanti does next.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

i want a hairy robot

fauna fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 25, 2020

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hang it in the Louvre.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That's the sexual awakening I wanna see.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Yes, hello, I'll take one Bread that Fucks

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Nuns with Guns posted:

Yes, hello, I'll take one Bread that Fucks
Anyone who has ever eaten some proper fried bread will be able to tell you that all bread Fucks.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I don’t know if it’s been shared ITT before but one of my favorite webcoms, Power Nap, is about to wrap up. The art has been consistently great and the story has gone off the rails a little bit but that’s kind of been the point. I would strongly suggest starting from the beginning with it and enjoying it with a large coffee.

http://www.powernapcomic.com/d/20110617.html

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I don’t know if it’s been shared ITT before but one of my favorite webcoms, Power Nap, is about to wrap up. The art has been consistently great and the story has gone off the rails a little bit but that’s kind of been the point. I would strongly suggest starting from the beginning with it and enjoying it with a large coffee.

http://www.powernapcomic.com/d/20110617.html

Oh dang! Last time I checked on it it was updating veeeery slowly with no end in sight, gonna have to catch up.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Straight White Shark posted:

Oh dang! Last time I checked on it it was updating veeeery slowly with no end in sight, gonna have to catch up.

Yeah, it’s ramped up a bit over the past year but it definitely took an eternity. Between this, string theory and broodhollow I’m surprised this is the one that’s actually being finished.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Power Nap is really weird and good, it's a shame the update schedule was so rough for so long. Once it wraps I'm definitely going to re-read the whole thing so I don't suffer from forgetting who people are between pages thing.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
dang I was never really super into Power Nap but I do like where it went, definitely worth the wait

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I'm glad that Skin Horse has Garrity back in her wheelhouse again: making fun of The X-Files.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Just wanted to say I've really been enjoying Maggie's interaction with the GODSPLANN teens in this weeks Steeple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Question on Steeple, from the print run. Maggie and Billie hooked up, right? Or am I totally misreading what happened at the festival?