Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this was bad night for the RNC and tomorrow is only gonna get worse. like they arnt even trying for the independents and moderates.

Fire up your base so they're not scared of getting sick or dying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

in summary

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Eric Cantonese posted:

Fire up your base so they're not scared of getting sick or dying?

base already didnt give a poo poo about that.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Reminder that her previous boyfriend is the current governor of CA, Gavin Newsom

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Glumslinger posted:

Reminder that her previous boyfriend is the current governor of CA, Gavin Newsom
How quickly did he dump her bat guano rear end?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

The Glumslinger posted:

they were married!

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

The Republican Feds are going to let California burn and the republicans in California are just going to eat it up and blame it on "bad forest management". It's pathetic.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Well, I think the republican convention's tactic of being batshit insane will probably lead to more people paying attention to it. I'm definitely seeing more people talking about it on Reddit, for example. While I think most of it is negative attention, it's still what happened in 2016. I think the difference is that more people dislike Trump and that this time it's not anger at anything, they're in power and it just feels crazy. It was full of contradictions, too; Hayley talking about removing the confederate flag after a mass shooting while Trump is out there getting mad at NASCAR for removing it and talking about respecting heritage. Their message was the same poo poo that so far, seems to not be working: Joe Biden is a radical leftist who's going to destroy everything you know and love, and Trump is the only defender left of western civilization. While I think more people are paying attention, I don't think it'll help Trump much at all.

But who knows. This country's full of rubes.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 25, 2020

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I know it's the thread title but I must reiterate: this is very nazi

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Youth Decay posted:

Trump's always leaned on Speer for his design cues.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Youth Decay posted:

Taking pages right from an ANP rally

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I predict that you will not be happy with the future, no matter what.

Yeah, human extinction is a bitch like that.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
“The terrifying prospect of Joe Biden” is an interesting angle. I mean... who does Joe Biden terrify? He’s going to destroy America’s white suburbs? Can you even imagine Joe Biden not in a suburban environment?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Delthalaz posted:

“The terrifying prospect of Joe Biden” is an interesting angle. I mean... who does Joe Biden terrify? He’s going to destroy America’s white suburbs? Can you even imagine Joe Biden not in a suburban environment?

Ice Cream elementals whisper his name in abject terror.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Delthalaz posted:

The Terrifying Prospect Of Joe Biden sounds like a Halo starship name.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

nine-gear crow posted:

The Terrifying Prospect Of Joe Biden sounds like a Halo starship name.

If he wins, every near-future movie is gonna feature an aircraft carrier called The Biden or some poo poo

Or the Bi-Bama if it's a really big one

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I have no idea how to post images to this dumb dead forum anymore. NM figured it out.

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 25, 2020

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
Friend shared this with me elsewhere:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my loving god

https://twitter.com/7im/status/1298121475631669251?s=19

Kale
May 14, 2010

This is a really badly delivered speech just on the face of it. Very squawky and bleating and lacking any real conviction despite being screeched at the viewer and very bad cadence to the speech itself making it all very awkward. I mean Republican faithfuls clearly don't give a gently caress, there votes are already locked in from the get go and they're the only ones the Republican leadership bother speaking to anymore so I guess this is the level of effort you get. Like a lot of things these days, particularly in a post social media reactionary landscape it's just a matter of going through the motions and letting the target crowd of the rhetoric work itself around it with whatever meaning and importance it wants to attach to something working backward from the preferred result, justification and take.

Aside from being reminiscent of fascist rallies it's all very new media. Low content and devoid of specific meaning, but delivered with bluster and a sense of apparent urgency to allow the easy follow through of motions and expected reactions. It's not about convincing any new people, it's about upkeep so that the "right" people are in the "right" state of frenzy that they remember to vote for the "right candidate" on election day and then gently caress em' for at least another 4 years. More than Triumph of the Will, though there's that too, it's just straight up base level Der Wille zur Macht poo poo.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Kale posted:

This is a really badly delivered speech just on the face of it. Very squawky and bleating and lacking any real conviction despite being screeched at the viewer and very bad cadence to the speech itself making it all very awkward.

https://twitter.com/jasross/status/1298080258726301697?s=21

Bubbacub fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 25, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/lauren_kelley/status/1298266029370433541?s=20

Abby is a racist

Abby believes in one vote households

https://twitter.com/AbbyJohnson/status/1256604827569860611?s=19
https://twitter.com/AbbyJohnson/status/1256606724666150916?s=19
https://twitter.com/AbbyJohnson/status/1256608666196815873?s=19

And abby is a liar

https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/1117775801607426051?s=20

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
The "Find your tribe. Love them hard." shirt is on-point with the fashy direction the convention is taking.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1298295934225440770

This surprised me. There was way more activity here and on reddit around this convention. I guess it was that left wing spaces have things to be mad about rather than just going "well... it's the democrats"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Grondoth posted:

This surprised me. There was way more activity here and on reddit around this convention. I guess it was that left wing spaces have things to be mad about rather than just going "well... it's the democrats"
:kheldragar:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I was able to watch most of the democratic convention even passively. I really couldn't handle watching more than a minute or 2 of the fascist party convention at a time.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1298302812380684289?s=19

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Grondoth posted:

My mom saw a bit of it last night and thought it was nuts. I think people here forget that our issues with the DNC isn’t most peoples. A lot of people like the overly cheesy empathetic stuff and they we’re looking for something well presidential sounding from Biden and he delivered plus he isn’t the incumbent, everyone knows what trump sounds/acts like now and that’s what’s turned a lot of the moderates away and towards Biden. My guess is the numbers will continue to drop for the rnc show because it’s only gonna get dumber and more twisted.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 25, 2020

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

My mom saw a bit of it last night and thought it was nuts. I think people here forget that our issues with the DNC isn’t most peoples. A lot of people like the overly cheesy empathetic stuff and they we’re looking for something well presidential sounding from Biden and he delivered plus he isn’t the incumbent, everyone knows what trump sounds/acts like now and that’s what’s turned a lot of the moderates away and towards Biden.

I'm pretty sure most people's minds are made up now, but I spent a lot of time during the big speeches thinking "normal people will probably love this." Michelle saying that her children were wondering if they were being lied to about what America is was about was something I specifically remember feeling would really hit with your average squishy american. The RNC, as much of it as I watched, seemed scary and insane most of the time except for the two people whose speeches pretended the others didn't exist, while the DNC was boring until it hit notes like that.

I was just surprised to see higher ratings, cause I saw waaay more engagement around it online. I do think that was because people were going "are you seeing this loving poo poo" instead of mostly just not really caring.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Grondoth posted:

nah you gotta check the youtube views these days that’s where da money is

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Grondoth posted:

I'm pretty sure most people's minds are made up now, but I spent a lot of time during the big speeches thinking "normal people will probably love this." Michelle saying that her children were wondering if they were being lied to about what America is was about was something I specifically remember feeling would really hit with your average squishy american. The RNC, as much of it as I watched, seemed scary and insane most of the time except for the two people whose speeches pretended the others didn't exist, while the DNC was boring until it hit notes like that.

I was just surprised to see higher ratings, cause I saw waaay more engagement around it online. I do think that was because people were going "are you seeing this loving poo poo" instead of mostly just not really caring.

some poo poo hit me hard too. but i am a big softy dude. to me the DNC was fine and while repetitive was very watchable, it set up its daily themes very well. i liked alot of the smaller moments like the ALS activist and the speeches from authors and that lady whoes chud dad died because he trusted trump. it knew how to throw punches in the right places and how to follow them up. RNC is just going at 11 volume and content constantly and throwing poo poo at the wall for the chuds to eat and thats it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

some poo poo hit me hard too. but i am a big softy dude. to me the DNC was fine and while repetitive was very watchable, it set up its daily themes very well. i liked alot of the smaller moments like the ALS activist and the speeches from authors and that lady whoes chud dad died because he trusted trump. it knew how to throw punches in the right places and how to follow them up. RNC is just going at 11 volume and content constantly and throwing poo poo at the wall for the chuds to eat and thats it.

That whole Circle of Fallen Candidates roundtable was pretty good in the long run too. It had quite a bit of good natured moments like the Booker/Bernie burn of "Why does my girlfriend like you more than me?" / "Because she's smarter than you."

There is nothing about the RNC that I'd classify as good natured.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

That whole Circle of Fallen Candidates roundtable was pretty good in the long run too. It had quite a bit of good natured moments like the Booker/Bernie burn of "Why does my girlfriend like you more than me?" / "Because she's smarter than you."

There is nothing about the RNC that I'd classify as good natured.

yeah. thats a good point. the DNC one was good natured and hopeful "we can do this and beat this rear end in a top hat and this virus and systemic racism if we work together and are empathtic to each other". which is better than this sad nazi bullshit coming from RNC with rita repulsa and cokehead failson: rear end in a top hat variant.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Grondoth posted:

Its this yeah.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aidan_702 posted:

If he wins, every near-future movie is gonna feature an aircraft carrier called The Biden or some poo poo

Or the Bi-Bama if it's a really big one

e: I thought it was the USS Hillary Clinton, but actually I was wrong, Call of Duty had the USS Obama and Hillary was simply the president in that game. It was the game where Literally David Petraeus showed up in it and it dropped like a week after his sex scandal broke. Whelp.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 26, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/threadreaderapp/status/1298211915748052994
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1298390495614435334
one of the speakers tonight has some really fun opinions about jews.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Youth Decay posted:

:siren:this is very nazi:siren:

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1298390495614435334

Between her and Abby and the rest of the lineup of random chuds off the street it might get even more insane than yesterday.

e: beaten, but still, when "globalist swamp" appears in the official Trump second term agenda I get a heavy feeling they're going to ramp up the "all this poo poo is the Jews' fault" big time if he gets reelected.

Youth Decay fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 26, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1298411155006906368?s=20

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

good to see the tradition maintained from the last one

Vilerat's mom spoke in 2016, and as he was kind enough to explain near the start of the "got a crazy email from a family member, post them here" thread, they were estranged for very good reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

boooooo

we got to see a woman whose brain was destroyed by grief and hatred ranting about how dare Hillary Clinton make her son cut ties with her, give me some public screaming about how Trump is the storm