Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
They did come here to rescue Zaid, something has to happen with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mimesweeper posted:

Also White Chain gave a whole speech about wanting to tear down Solomon's empire, and the oppressive systems of Throne in general. I don't think she's just gonna say like "cool I've got a human body now, time to just go home and relax for a while."

Also, White Chain was only going along with this mission so she could take Allison's key and give it Zaid, I don't think that ever got resolved. So even if they do just grab him and run, there's still some conflict a-brewin'.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Regalingualius posted:

White Chain has literally everything she's ever wanted at this moment, though, so I could see her just skipping out on making a request.
She has everything she ever wanted, but they did still come here to pick up Zaid.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Begemot posted:

Also White Chain gave a whole speech about wanting to tear down Solomon's empire, and the oppressive systems of Throne in general. I don't think she's just gonna say like "cool I've got a human body now, time to just go home and relax for a while."

WHITE CHAIN: "Allison. It is time to chill now."

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
straight up just that futurama what if where bender became human

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Mazerunner posted:

straight up just that futurama what if where bender became human

wooooo...!

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I guess I gotta switch Allison to White Chain here eventually?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mimesweeper posted:

"Oh Allison, if only there was someone who loved you"

*impales White Chain with the Masamune sword*

*let's go of Nyave letting her fall into the stampede below*

*punches through Princess with a fist made of magma*

*shoots Bambi's mom for good measure*

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 25, 2020

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Hempuli posted:

I guess I gotta switch Allison to White Chain here eventually?

perfect

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Begemot posted:

Also, White Chain was only going along with this mission so she could take Allison's key and give it Zaid, I don't think that ever got resolved. So even if they do just grab him and run, there's still some conflict a-brewin'.

That kinda got resolved with White Chain beating the poo poo out of Allicio and 10VG giving White Chain a good talking to about the nature of combs.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I actually kind of feel bad for Zaid's situation. Sure, he tried to pressure Allison into sex at the start of the comic, and that's bad, but I feel like it's "have someone he respects sit down with him and explain how he's not being fair to his partner" bad, not "become a pawn and a prisoner in a multiversal war" bad. I don't think we've seen evidence that he's a real rear end in a top hat, he might just be a misguided young man.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Zaid seemed remarkably well adjusted in what limited shots we saw of him on Daddy World, really. Dadney World. It's like Disney World but for big strong dictator daddy.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Captain Oblivious posted:

Zaid seemed remarkably well adjusted in what limited shots we saw of him on Daddy World, really. Dadney World. It's like Disney World but for big strong dictator daddy.

He has clearly been treated exceedingly well, but he wanted to leave.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Zaid has no experience of Throne or the rest of the multiverse outside of the prisons he's been kept in since he got grabbed. How long has it been at this point? Is he even going to recognize Allison? The nerdy little barista he got into bed has turned into a buff, scarred, brick shithouse of a person in the intervening time.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Zaid wonders where she is here, and the tone he does it in makes it seem to me that he is aware to some degree that she's out there causing trouble for the demi-urges, and perhaps even had expected her to find him sooner.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

paradoxGentleman posted:

I actually kind of feel bad for Zaid's situation. Sure, he tried to pressure Allison into sex at the start of the comic, and that's bad, but I feel like it's "have someone he respects sit down with him and explain how he's not being fair to his partner" bad, not "become a pawn and a prisoner in a multiversal war" bad. I don't think we've seen evidence that he's a real rear end in a top hat, he might just be a misguided young man.

We find out later that the whole thing was Allison's own initiative, she wanted to stop being a virgin (her hookup with Zaid being the "trip to the grand canyon" euphemism/alibi). Presumably she told Zaid earlier she wanted to have sex with him. The first page also establish she's not drunk. He mostly tells her to relax (he says that a lot) and offers to stop, to which she says "wait, let's start again". He's certainly eager to follow Allison's plan but I think if anyone is pressuring Allison into sex, it's Allison herself and her expectations of what she should do to find happiness. Part of her sorority guidebook in how to become a blonde bimbo: bleach, booze, boys.

Zaid has had so far zero agency throughout the story. He's the damsel in distress that Allison never really cared about, she just saw him as a mean to an end and now she sees him as the McGuffin of her personal quest. In both cases he's just a stepping stone for her personal development; it's just that as a barista she thought "personal development" meant "becoming a girl who gets laid" and now she sees it as "becoming the hero who breaks the cycle of tyranny".

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Yeah Zaid wasn't the issue there, Allison was gay as gently caress and tryna live the straight life.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Zaid does feel like the wildcard in the narrative right now. He could get rescued and fade out of the story, get merked unceremoniously to up the stakes, or play a major role in the final chapter as a villian or a hero. I'm excited to see where his place solidifies.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Solomon didn't lose to White Chain, but he did lose to Gog-Agog.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

JustaDamnFool posted:

Zaid does feel like the wildcard in the narrative right now. He could get rescued and fade out of the story, get merked unceremoniously to up the stakes, or play a major role in the final chapter as a villian or a hero. I'm excited to see where his place solidifies.

I doubt Abbadon would refrigerator Zaid after going to all the trouble of making him hot.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zaid will have his consciousness raised by an enthusiastic 10 Vigilant Gaze in a demonstration of a true ally

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Zaid and 10VG will kiss

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I doubt Abbadon would refrigerator Zaid after going to all the trouble of making him hot.

How soon we forget Pryan Sor.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tulip posted:

Zaid and 10VG will kiss

gay singularity

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

paradoxGentleman posted:

Dante Alighieri is the patron saint of self inserts, and I say this with a heart full of love for the guy. If anything he elevates all self-inserts, showing that they can get as good as "a cornerstone of a civilization's literature".

Thank you.

This is why I self insert into all my works. I figure if I just throw enough me at the wall, one of those well muscled, introverted but highly intelligent me's will stick to the wall and finally show MOM I'M A REAL WRITER, I DONT NEED TO STUDY ENGINEERING LIKE MY BROTHER.

That being said, could it be that Angel's have a life's mission (to become their true selves) similar to how Devil's are always trying to find their true name?

The comic makes a big fuss that Angel's and devil's are opposites, but we are finding through exploration of the comic that people do not need to pigeonhole themselves into the expectations society places on them, so why should angels and demons?

Donkringel fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 25, 2020

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Bilirubin posted:

gay singularity

Is it gay if 10VG is non-gendered?

What is correct the term for that anyway?

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Donkringel posted:

That being said, could it be that Angel's have a life's mission (to become their true selves) similar to how Devil's are always trying to find their true name?

The comic makes a big fuss that Angel's and devil's are opposites, but we are finding through exploration of the comic that people do not need to pigeonhole themselves into the expectations society places on them, so why should angels and demons?

Demons seek change, to grow and become more than they are.
Angels are static and shun change, convinced of their existing perfection as God's agents.

That is how they are opposed.

Cio and White Chain both reject these stereotypes, Cio in not wanting to become her former Black hued self, and White Chain by embracing change to become better than she is.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Cio finding a more emotionally healthy way to rise through the devilish hierarchy would be fun, though.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
This is dumb and I shouldn't post this, but I have to.

Now that Bob has broken the gate to become the first person banned, the seal is now weaker.

Others will soon follow.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Additionally, others will transgress because they are ultra-good at argument and never lose, see, Bob would have been seen as right if only he had been better at explaining the facts, unlike I who have never lost an argument, furthermore,

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Z the IVth posted:

Is it gay if 10VG is non-gendered?

What is correct the term for that anyway?

Well, we know that in the void 10VG presents himself as a Griffin-like creature with a big floating ring for a head, so... bestiality?

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Celestiality.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Well, we know that in the void 10VG presents himself as a Griffin-like creature with a big floating ring for a head, so... bestiality?

The internet must be turning my brain to mush because for a solid two seconds I thought you meant Griffin McElroy

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

New page!
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1298384716362547206

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The denouement continues! My look at the character growth.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I really like Salami Dave. I know he is a tyrant masquerading as a benevolent God etc etc, but I low key hope that he reflects and is "beaten" by joining up with Alison and them and then stepping down into retirement. I dunno, woodworking or something.

Honestly I think Allison and Company NEED a demiurge on their side to break the wheel. I know the best bet is the drunken swordsmaster, but she still needs to get the key from Incubus first.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Song of Maybe posted:

But Intra did not. He took his proclamation very seriously. At this point, he had been sober for months and had a headache.

The worst kind of sober.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
This is too happy! poo poo's about to go down for sure.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ok this page is incredibly schmaltzy but i guess the comic's earned it

just this once though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Huh, I wonder if the transformation humanised White Chain's mentality a little and softened her, or if this is just a realisation from the fight.

Also, it's so loving weird seeing her shorter than Allison. Human WC I'm fine with, but less than seven foot WC is blowing my brain.