Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
My aunt in-law posts some quality stuff, you never really know what you're gunna get with her.

Sometimes it's political not political

sometimes she writes wint tweets

sometimes she posts weirdly cryptic poo poo that may be part of some ritual???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

christmas boots posted:

I’m pretty sure that was on these forums. It may have even been itt

It definitely rings a bell I know that much

Found it in the Irritating Movie Moments thread from a few months back

quote:

If you're talking about grave of the fireflies, that wasn't Miyazaki, buy I agree that showing the suffering of some Japanese peasant kid during ww2 is pretty upsetting when you think of what the Japanese were doing in Korea, China and everywhere else. It came off as if all of this suffering was due to the Americans and poo poo.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Canned Panda posted:

Here we go again... the Second Wave of anti-mask idiocy. First it was that HIPAA and ADA exemption card. Now this.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1297983426839093249?s=20

dont worry it will only take ca 10 years to close the loophole allowing this. meanwhile bane has a cure for these people to take https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQpfYAxfiak&t=31s

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Also, I wasn't sure where to post this.

https://twitter.com/Troydiscospider/status/1298270469372563463?s=20

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

AlbieQuirky posted:

People did that, though. Jefferson didn’t care, of course, but abolitionists existed in the 18th century.

Both things are stupid, the “I would certainly have been one of the people with correct opinions!” fallacy and the “nobody’s opinions were correct back then” fallacy.
personally the latter are the ones who bother me more, because they're the ones erasing history and putting forth an ahistorical concept that "in the past EVERYBODY was a horrible piece of poo poo, therefore being anti-horrible pieces of poo poo is a weird new modern concept that's incredibly stupid and could never work and you're a fool for thinking otherwise. since everyone up until two weeks ago was racist it's justified to still be racist; that's just normal, that's what history has always been like so OF COURSE some people haven't moved on from it yet!"

at least the "i would've been anti-racist in the 1900s" people are, like - there WERE anti-racist people in the 1900s, and this possibly-delusional self-conception does not have harmful results in the real world right now either

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
what's with the self censoring of pedophile? and just the e

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Stops trolls who do searches specifically for that word to find your post and brigade it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

InediblePenguin posted:

personally the latter are the ones who bother me more, because they're the ones erasing history and putting forth an ahistorical concept that "in the past EVERYBODY was a horrible piece of poo poo, therefore being anti-horrible pieces of poo poo is a weird new modern concept that's incredibly stupid and could never work and you're a fool for thinking otherwise. since everyone up until two weeks ago was racist it's justified to still be racist; that's just normal, that's what history has always been like so OF COURSE some people haven't moved on from it yet!"

at least the "i would've been anti-racist in the 1900s" people are, like - there WERE anti-racist people in the 1900s, and this possibly-delusional self-conception does not have harmful results in the real world right now either

IIRC even when Columbus started enslaving people there was a priest or someone writing in his journal about how hosed up the whole thing was. There have always been people that thought slavery was evil

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

This person is wrong, that IP address belongs to https://vanwanet.com which is a free speech oriented CDN. They probably use that since Cloudflare banned them. While it's a correlation, it doesn't indicate they're the same server.

This seems like someone who just discovered dig but doesn't understand how to actually use it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmv8quf_xM

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

John Hodgman looks like poo poo

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

No æ button on the keyboard so they have to make do.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/VICENews/status/1298276056055656448?s=20

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

christmas boots posted:

IIRC even when Columbus started enslaving people there was a priest or someone writing in his journal about how hosed up the whole thing was. There have always been people that thought slavery was evil

thomas jefferson also thought slavery was evil, he just really liked the convenience of being able to rape his slaves and steal their labor

point is though that reducing people in history to "evil/not evil" is overly simplistic and not only prevents people today from understanding how people past lived and discussed the issues of their times, but it only serves to assert that "i, a person who does not have to deal with this issue, would surely be on the correct side of history" which is definitely not a guarantee because we don't know what the people of 75-100 years from now will condemn us for (it's single-use plastic packaging and running the air conditioner, that is what we will be condemned for)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you can pry my air conditioner out of my comfortable dead hands

literally just stop burning coal to generate electricity, problem solved

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

In 75 years I will be dead, so I am going to keep on saying everyone from history was an idiot and if the people in 75 years don't want to do that about me that's their loss.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

luxury handset posted:

point is though that reducing people in history to "evil/not evil" is overly simplistic and not only prevents people today from understanding how people past lived and discussed the issues of their times, but it only serves to assert that "i, a person who does not have to deal with this issue, would surely be on the correct side of history" which is definitely not a guarantee because we don't know what the people of 75-100 years from now will condemn us for (it's single-use plastic packaging and running the air conditioner, that is what we will be condemned for)
I'm pretty sure drone strikes and the fact that half the country is jizzing its jeans over police murdering people of color and the million other things going on will also be bones of contention.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

In 75 years I will be dead, so I am going to keep on saying everyone from history was an idiot and if the people in 75 years don't want to do that about me that's their loss.

I'll go further than that and say that historians in 75 years time are all going to be fuckwits.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

luxury handset posted:

thomas jefferson also thought slavery was evil, he just really liked the convenience of being able to rape his slaves and steal their labor

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EL BROMANCE posted:

Stops trolls who do searches specifically for that word to find your post and brigade it.

Same reason people do the "r*pe" thing.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Sunswipe posted:

I'll go further than that and say that historians in 75 years time are all going to be fuckwits.

When all you have left is oral tradition you get a bit arrogant about being able to memorize the epics.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I'm pretty sure drone strikes and the fact that half the country is jizzing its jeans over police murdering people of color and the million other things going on will also be bones of contention.

they're gonna care more that we hosed up their time than that we were assholes to each other in our time

like when plastic particles can be detected in every sample of water, air, plant and animal tissue, that's going to be a bigger issue than the continual police brutality of the 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries which is all just one big mass of past people being morons

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

luxury handset posted:

the continual police brutality of the 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries
:colbert:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/DiversityJoys/status/1298359786560462850?s=20

I assume this fascist is complimenting BLM???

lol
https://twitter.com/AlexMarlow/status/1298322494898737153?s=20

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WHY FOOTBALL MAN NOT STAND UP

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Aramoro posted:

The Late Victorian holocausts accounts for some 60 Million people and are large enacted by inaction rather an conscious effort. The Holocaust killed 17 million people, and generally actively killed them. Not sure who you're counting in the late Victorian holocausts to get them up to 1.7+ billion people mind you.
Hundreds of times bigger than the Armenian genocide.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/Holgie66/status/1298129212025581568?s=19

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Wow that one is an absolutely nuclear take even if he kind of may have a point.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/AllieGula/status/1298397241569349633

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Really counting on people not remembering who was fighting who during WW2, aren't they.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

A play in three acts

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

xtal posted:

This person is wrong, that IP address belongs to https://vanwanet.com which is a free speech oriented CDN. They probably use that since Cloudflare banned them. While it's a correlation, it doesn't indicate they're the same server.

This seems like someone who just discovered dig but doesn't understand how to actually use it.

If that guy's not Q then why is he wearing a pin that says Q?

Q. E. D. :colbert:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Really counting on people not remembering who was fighting who during WW2, aren't they.

It seems reasonable to believe Holger is German, and thus likely that his grandfather was fighting on the Eastern Front. -Edit- Or maybe I am wrong, his profile doesn't seem to indicate that.

IncredibleIgloo has a new favorite as of 01:31 on Aug 26, 2020

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

xtal posted:

I wanted this to be true but I immediately figured it probably wasn't because if Q had been verifiably unmasked there's no way I'd only be hearing about it here first.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Honestly it doesn't really matter if it's him or not. They're only alleging current Q posts are made by Jim. This unmasking isn't claiming that they are revealing who originally created Q.

And at this point, I doubt the qultists even react to new Q posts. Sure, there are the die-hards that follow the new 'drops' like it's some movie, but 99% of the people that were at the crypto-Q rallies last weekend couldn't even find a direct Q post if they tried. The cult has moved beyond the direct texts.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

Bartolomeo de las Casas is who you're thinking of. Pretty sure a bunch of his writing is free online.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Also it absolutely does not matter if you unveil who Q is/was because it’s a batshit society made up of the dumbest people in the world, and there is nothing on this earth that will convince them it’s not real.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
House Bart was 600 years ago, it should all be free.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

It seems reasonable to believe Holger is German, and thus likely that his grandfather was fighting on the Eastern Front. -Edit- Or maybe I am wrong, his profile doesn't seem to indicate that.

Oh I believe he could be telling the truth, but I'm not going to listen to someone's Nazi grandpa on what countries are trustworthy.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

luxury handset posted:

they're gonna care more that we hosed up their time than that we were assholes to each other in our time

like when plastic particles can be detected in every sample of water, air, plant and animal tissue, that's going to be a bigger issue than the continual police brutality of the 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries which is all just one big mass of past people being morons

Counterpoint: maybe we're doing the RIGHT thing by making earth uninhabitable since humans are so evil we deserve to die off anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
Are websites social media? The alternative weekly in the town I grew up in has always had a fw:fw:re:fw:fw: type of vibe, and I happened to get a link to, well, this:

My neck is still sore from the quick trip from yawn to yikes and back.