Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

TBH Wuhan put in a whole lot of effort and work to beat Covid, they deserve a party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

covid's over in xinjiang but the lockdown never will

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Not So Fast posted:

TBH Wuhan put in a whole lot of effort and work to beat Covid, they deserve a party.

Yeah except it's definitely not eliminated from China and everywhere that was doing well and then eased restrictions too much has had new outbreaks. It's irresponsible and stupid to do this poo poo until there's a vaccine that's been widely deployed. You can't have pool parties this year. Viruses don't care that the Party has declared victory.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Not So Fast posted:

TBH Wuhan put in a whole lot of effort and work to release Covid, they deserve a party.

ftfy

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
confucius says: "yolo"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kill All Cops posted:

it actually is cancelled this weekend when cinemas and massage parlors reopen on friday in hk

and we only increased from 9 yesterday to 19 new cases today

covid is the gift of the Great Cycle, where everyone says "our infection rates have been falling for fourteen days now! better open everything up again" and then get confused when new cases increase by 1000% over the next week. this will continue to happen once a season, for ever

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Holy gently caress that isn't satire, is it?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Holy gently caress that isn't satire, is it?

Have you never seen The Onion’s amazing Jim Kelly political cartoons before? Oh man. You need to read them. They’re hilarious.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*Groan* :ughh:

How does he still have a job? Always an embarrassment and criminally unfunny.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Average C-SPAM poster on the right

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

oohhboy posted:

Always an embarrassment and criminally unfunny.

don't sign your posts

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

don't sign your posts

:emptyquote:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

oohhboy posted:

Kelly cartoons are intentionally unfunny because they're satire of how political cartoons are typically devoid of humor, which makes them funny again.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

oohhboy posted:

thats the point

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
kelly is loving brilliant.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

oohhboy posted:

are you doing the same bit kelly is doing

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

d0s posted:

are you doing the same bit kelly is doing

:vince:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

McGavin posted:

Kelly cartoons are intentionally unfunny because they're satire of how political cartoons are typically devoid of humor, which makes them funny again.

And the fangs, you gotta give me the fangs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVtbkQMwJS4

edit: I can't believe this video is now 8 years old, and Kelley is so good that this is literally the same family, and same joke.

If you read all the Kelley cartoons you'll see him start off thinner and grow fatter by the year.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 26, 2020

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

you can tell the political landscape's gone to poo poo when kelly and ben garrison's comics converge and the only way to tell them apart is the art style and signature kelly commentary in the corner.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
the CCP finally came for pangzai. there's a link to his goodbye stream in this thread

https://twitter.com/cjamesmay/status/1298363011640500225

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I wonder what his "crime" was.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The gently caress. Free Pangzai.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Grand Fromage posted:

Free Pangzai.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

https://twitter.com/hebeipangzai/status/1298419644315758592?s=21

That seems, suspicious?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wonder what his "crime" was.

He was fast becoming a threat to Xi's power and had to be neutralized

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

It looks like he may have gotten in trouble for using a VPN, but isn't going to jail for it. Probably just invited for tea.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
*ahem*

GET FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED

quote:

OTTAWA — The legal team for a Huawei executive facing extradition to the United States has lost its battle to have the contents of six confidential documents released to them.

Meng Wanzhou's defence team argued in Federal Court that the redacted documents would support its position that Meng suffered an abuse of process during her arrest at Vancouver's airport in 2018.

Meng is wanted in the United States on fraud charges, which she and Huawei deny.

In a ruling released today, Justice Catherine Kane says the court found the information contained in the documents is not relevant to the allegations of abuse described by Meng's legal team.

She says the attorney general of Canada and a friend of the court submitted a joint proposal that included the lifting of some redactions, but disclosing the remainder would hurt national security or international relations.

The six documents in question include situational reports by the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, an email reporting information provided by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigations, handwritten notes and operational notes.

"The information does not provide the 'missing pieces of the puzzle' Ms. Meng seeks," Kane writes.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Aug. 25, 2020.

The Canadian Press
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/federal-court-upholds-confidentiality-of-documents-in-meng-wanzhou-case/ar-BB18mJe5

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Grand Fromage posted:

It looks like he may have gotten in trouble for using a VPN, but isn't going to jail for it. Probably just invited for tea.

I bet the local police would love to party/skull 17 beers with Pangzai. So if it is only for having a VPN, maybe the higher ups sicced the police on him, and then the local cops just came round and got drunk with him.

All of this is conjecture, mind.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Jeoh posted:

covid's over in xinjiang but the lockdown never will

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dont Touch ME posted:

you can tell the political landscape's gone to poo poo when kelly and ben garrison's comics converge and the only way to tell them apart is the art style and signature kelly commentary in the corner.

poo poo. Got me good.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
How's that, bit O Chinese.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CETdND-nXac/?igshid=97qtzj4k7isg

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Kelly is the only good political cartoonist.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theres also bors tho

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Not sure if this is for or against her. Kinda hosed up not being able to see the evidence against you.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

UltraRed posted:

Not sure if this is for or against her. Kinda hosed up not being able to see the evidence against you.

Should make her feel like she's in the Chinese court system then?

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Devils Affricate posted:

He was fast becoming a threat to Xi's power and had to be harmonized

ftfy

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UltraRed posted:

This is perfectly fine, usually restricted to National security, trade secrets etc. The judge would view the documents in full or near full within the scope of the request. Judge determined that it was irrelevant to her case. It's not evidence, she has no right to see it.

She suffered maybe some disappointment and racked up billable hours. Good if wasting time. Also bad as the well is dry. The judge is likely convinced than ever there is nothing illegal about her arrest or how the system has dealt with her and anything further about it would be denied.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://twitter.com/ohfivepro/status/1298741391032553472?s=21

30 year old game got an update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Huh? Someone wanted to avoid hurting China's feelings?