Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

jeez, now those are some wild as hell Prime mods

+240% viral specifically for Akbronco Prime? Ammo efficiency for Akstilleto Prime while jumping?

A piss-poor attempt to try and bring the Soma Prime in-line with the Prisma Grakata :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
So are the new "prime mods" just "mods for prime weapons", like the 3-rank gold-rarity syndicate mods? Or are they "primed mods for prime weapons" and it'll take 40k endo to max them?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
from the patch notes they come from the new rep vendor

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
wisp is the ideal frame for the deimos quest because her passive is mid-air invisibility, allowing you to entirely cheese the stealth section, and they forgot to trigger a despawn of her reservoirs, so once you hit one you're back to full health

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
running through deimos with gauss and redline on is hilarious, so much stuff squishes and bursts as you go

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

expect to abort and re-run a deimos mission at least once, seems fairly buggy right now (DOOR STUCK PLEASE I BEG OF YOU)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hope you guys like the conservation minigame if you want to rank up with Entrati at all, since that's most of what you'll be doing to hit rank 1.

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Hope you guys like the conservation minigame if you want to rank up with Entrati at all, since that's most of what you'll be doing to hit rank 1.

Can you even do the minigame solely to hit rank 1? You can only get necrilex lures but the son token trades all require additional animal captures which aren't necrilex.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Just looking at the patch notes (nintendo :argh:), and the new Carapace mods are basically "Why yes, I would like Nidus to be invincible, why do you ask?"

Speaking of Nidus, I just bought the Initiate Pack, and my new Nidus can't open the Helminth door. My encysted frames can, but Nidus just rubs his gribbly face on the door. Tried leaving the orbiter and returning, closing and re-launching the game, nothing. Does he need to be mastered, or at least be a certain rank?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

I gotta know, where do you get those hearts?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Valentines event. You can buy them for some creds, I think. I have like 30 of them.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

kalam posted:

Can you even do the minigame solely to hit rank 1? You can only get necrilex lures but the son token trades all require additional animal captures which aren't necrilex.

There are animals just roaming around that you can tranq without the lures, so you can get tags from those. I'm waiting for someone more motivated than I am to make a guide because I spent like 10-15 minutes on it to earn around a 1/4 of a token and you need 5.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Is the system really that different? I was able to mine and fish with Plains gear to get SU rep from the get-go. Or is the rank up requirements "You need this many specific tokens, hope you didn't burn them on rep"?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Dareon posted:

Is the system really that different? I was able to mine and fish with Plains gear to get SU rep from the get-go. Or is the rank up requirements "You need this many specific tokens, hope you didn't burn them on rep"?

IIRC, rank1 is 10 son tokens, each of which take a fair number of capture tokens each to get.

I do like that the bounty system is designed that you can grind it all day and not lose an ounce of rep, since all rep gains are garnered through token turn-in.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

steam user posted:

seriously who the gently caress came up with this idea of tokens because its beyond garbage atleast on others it is fairly easy, on son you wont be able to find other animals since the lures are locked behind rank!

"[DE posted:

SpaceySarah"]We are looking into this right now - sit tight for a Hotfix or two while we smooth it out. They aren't impossible, all creatures appear organically, but that may take quite some time, which in practice here is too long. Expect a change in a near hotfix!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the token idea is great, they just need to do a little smoothing out. you know, the thing they end up doing in literally every scenario! it'll work out.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah I really like the system and once the kinks are ironed out it'll be great.

I do find the mining spots a little hard to see tough.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Johnny Joestar posted:

the token idea is great, they just need to do a little smoothing out. you know, the thing they end up doing in literally every scenario! it'll work out.

you don't understand, this time it's the end of the world

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Hot Fix is removing the token cost to rank up to 1 at least.

Edit : Remember, standing is with the family, hand in tokens to Spoiler Grandma for actual standing to buy poo poo. Any tokens, though if you can trade in for special ones efficency may rise.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Soothing Vapors posted:

THIS IS AFFECTING PRODUCTIVITY PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Soothing Vapors posted:

good

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

I think that DE's lessons learned program is literally a single physical notepad that regularly fall between between its curator's desk and the wall and so gets replaced once a month. If they have one.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Rank 1 is just some fish spines (vitreospina, in caves with red wyrm essence)
Rank 2 is dad + daughter tokens and some blueprints from the dad (they might've meant for this to be built parts?)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

KoldPT posted:

Rank 1 is just some fish spines (vitreospina, in caves with red wyrm essence)
Rank 2 is dad + daughter tokens and some blueprints from the dad (they might've meant for this to be built parts?)

Big improvement, 5 son tokens was absolutely brutal just to hit rank 1.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So Isolation Vaults can yield argon crystals, in case you ever wanted to consolidate the new bounties and farming crystals.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Mostly just as for my own edification, here is my take on the frames I've unlocked and used so far.

Baruuk: Absolute beast, I think DE knocked it out of the park with him. I get much less use out of his 1 at high ranks than I did at first, but I have a solid grasp of when and how to use the rest of his kit. I even like most of his color scheme, I think I color-matched his primary color and applied it to his secondary and energy colors and left it at that. Need to trade someone for a Reactive Storm. Top 5.
Gara: Very stylish, but I don't know how to use her well at all. Her 1 does not have the range I think a preliminary attack power should, 2 and 3 don't seem to do much (Although I did get use out of her 2 protecting the moving drone in a Plains bounty or two). 4 I use a lot on defense objectives, just erecting a loving wall that things can't shoot through is great.
Hydroid: Very useful, especially now that I've hit max rank with Suda and have access to his augments. Want a second one so I can put Tempest Barrage on everyone. Don't really know how to use his 3 well, maybe around defense objectives? Top 5.
Limbo: My dapper one-trick pony. Cataclysm spam all over the place. Top 5, but definitely #5.
Mag: My starter, and still very good. Previous posts have talked about how good she is at all levels of play, I have nothing to add. Top 5. The headliner in my Grineer loadout.
Mirage: Eh. She's effective, but something about her rubs me the wrong way.
Nyx: Decent. I probably don't get as much use out of her 2 as I should, but that's entirely due to not reading the ability and going "Nothing died when I used it. Why no numbers? Me like numbers!"
Oberon: Feels like a mechanical mishmash, but that's kinda what you get when your starting point is "Paladin."
Vauban: My large, many-balled son. I feel like calling him the King of CC, but with less than a quarter of the frame list experienced, that might be premature. Want his prime, but do not want to farm the materials for his prime (Who am I kidding, by the time they unvault him I'll have massive stocks of most of his mats). Top 5, possibly #1 (I have trouble ranking things absolutely). The headliner in my Corpus loadout.
Wukong: Surprisingly, eh. People hype up Wukong a lot, and he's just a mechanical mishmash. Very thematic, but no synergy. Defy is nice, but the Twin keeps messing up my stealth by shooting everyone I'm trying to merk.
Zephyr: Very fun to play, but hard to feel like I'm contributing to a group with.

I anticipate several people telling me I'm playing someone wrong. I kinda half-appreciate the advice, the other half I'm just like "Man, I'm enjoying myself, I don't need to be 100% optimal all the time."

I have Ember, Nezha, Valkyr, and Volt lined up ready to go in my foundry (Still need some mats for Nezha, but she is the closest to being ready to go of my other unbuilt frames). After Nidus (Who I just bought and thus hasn't made the list yet), which of those should I go for? Also, I have a 50% off coupon and plenty of plat, a frame or weapon to buy would also be a good recommendation.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Nidus is the bestdus.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, I was all about the final segment of the quest. Really looking forward to a customizable mech suit. Regular humanoid murder machines no longer do it for me.

Also, you can just fuckin' find tokens laying around in caves. I've found some Mother and Daughter tokens so far.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 26, 2020

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

looks like the fass residue needed to craft the mutagen/antigen for the new pets is bugged? like realistically you need the stuff laying on the ground in blobs in the cambion drift after fass gets mulched, but the icon in the craft blueprint seems to be for an unrelated token and nothing exists currently to qualify for that slot, no matter how much residue you have.

gonna need another hotfix. dunno why that wasn't caught early.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Dareon posted:

Wukong: Surprisingly, eh. People hype up Wukong a lot, and he's just a mechanical mishmash. Very thematic, but no synergy. Defy is nice, but the Twin keeps messing up my stealth by shooting everyone I'm trying to merk.

Wuclone will happily aimbot gib an entire large room forever. I don't tend to use him for that, but it works. He's my dedicated Spy/Cap/Rescue bot. Sortie spy generally takes 2.5-4 minutes depending on the map. Ukko capture farming averages ~50s. Rescue is a bit all over the place but you don't even have to care about the dude. All problems are solved by hitting 2.

On Vauban: Maps have an enemy limit, and you can cheese this on Interceptions and Mobdefs (especially in Steel Path) using Vauban. CC in the non-SP game kind of sucks because so many frames clear the map to begin with, but when you need the CC he brings the love.

On Oberon: He's a great frame to get an intro to dolons on as he's the only one that can block mag procs AND heal. He's kind of underused due to his good niche not being widely applicable.

quote:

I anticipate several people telling me I'm playing someone wrong. I kinda half-appreciate the advice, the other half I'm just like "Man, I'm enjoying myself, I don't need to be 100% optimal all the time."

Play however you want. Some people are at a point where they're just picking the best tool in a toolbox to run <insert_content_here>, some people ignore content based on the frame(s) they play.

quote:

I have Ember, Nezha, Valkyr, and Volt

In terms of overall usefulness - Volt. He can be set up to aoe clear maps easily or make the entire group go really fast. Making pubbies go really fast makes random matchmaking missions considerably faster. Nezha would be next up because his kit is just generally good and it's fun playing the slidey boi. Ember is fun, and shreds grineer on SP, but is kind of meh in normal play. Valkyr isn't bad, but she's not particularly interesting to me.

Go get Gauss and Protea because they both own.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Johnny Joestar posted:

looks like the fass residue needed to craft the mutagen/antigen for the new pets is bugged? like realistically you need the stuff laying on the ground in blobs in the cambion drift after fass gets mulched, but the icon in the craft blueprint seems to be for an unrelated token and nothing exists currently to qualify for that slot, no matter how much residue you have.

gonna need another hotfix. dunno why that wasn't caught early.

The new heavy fan's bp is, appropriately, in the melee tab of the foundry.

Its 2 parts? In with FORMA and others.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Wukong: tired of your twin murdering stuff? Hold 1 to unsummon.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

This is the first time I've seen someone like hydroid

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Hydroid is cool and good and everyone should like him and his tricorn

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

kinda wish i could even remotely start on making new pet buddies but i guess i just need to hope for a hotfix tomorrow that lets us literally even be able to craft the mutagen/antigen :smith:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BMan posted:

This is the first time I've seen someone like hydroid

I forgot to mention that I really don't like any of his skins (Let me equip Graxx Limbo to him and that'd be okay I guess), but his toolset is fun. Needs a cast speed+ mod, though, which I don't have.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hydroid's deluxe skin is really loving good and he looks like some sort of crustacean pirate

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Is there some faster way than material turn-ins to get the non-mother tokens? It feels weird that I can go out and get a bounty and come back with 40 momcoins but if I want any of the others I'm scrounging up mats to trade for one at a time.

I guess I'll have a lot more of the deimos resources when it's not literally the first day.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I started a new character on new account and did the whole Vor quest to check out how a real new player would feel. It's much better at the basics, but there's probably still going to be lots of "uh... what?" moments for new people. Like the game lets you go to Cetus almost right away, and I go to the Plains and the Nightwave chick pops up and starts talking about "glass" out of nowhere, even though that character hadn't been introduced to or interacted with Nightwave yet. New players are still going to have to play with a Wiki open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Wanna make a max duration Hydroid Prime build so I won’t feel bad about leaving the point on defense.