Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1298435724857839617

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Can't wait for a hot war with us caught in the middle and occupied by one or both of the powers then reduced to a glass ocean.

Thanks gradenko, you always know how to cheer me up. :toot:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
everything is black and white so we gotta choose sides like a football match like it matters, revolutionary tankie or pro interventionalist liberal?

will you accept, on your moral conscience, of siding for the team that has killed 1 million dead iraqis or 1 million dead uighurs?

there's no middle grounds in a revolution, its either capitalism or communism

scandinavian system is ok i guess

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Kill All Cops posted:

that's still capitalism, and is still contingent on a system of transfers of wealth and resources out from the Global South

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:31 on Mar 23, 2021

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Throatwarbler posted:

Join up with your Uyghur bretheren to ethnically cleanse Shias and Christians from Syria. The United States thanks you for your service.

Unless this thread is full of caliphate fans that you are referring to, this post is in extremely loving bad taste. Associating people who are worried about the ethnicity in abstract with the individuals who went to Syria is just designating them as a terrorist people. And that is unashamed justification for genocide, cultural or otherwise, because what else could one do about a terrorist people? In conclusion, this is straight-up netanyahuposting, I would be terrified if you were a Chinese official.

Kill All Cops posted:

everything is black and white so we gotta choose sides like a football match like it matters, revolutionary tankie or pro interventionalist liberal?

will you accept, on your moral conscience, of siding for the team that has killed 1 million dead iraqis or 1 million dead uighurs?

there's no middle grounds in a revolution, its either capitalism or communism

I'm glad someone is talking about what I tried to talk about, but the teams aren't nearly that simplistic. I would just like to hear about a real existing faction in the struggle that genuinely deserves support. You know how people who say "Trump bad" without going any further are really telling others to "vote blue no matter who"? "China bad" works the same way, it means "support anyone putting pressure on China" unless it's specified otherwise. Who are the good resistance that I should support? It doesn't matter if they're small and weak, or don't aspire for anything like communism, they just have to be progressive in relation to what exists there right now. And we should be in agreement about that the bar to be better isn't terribly high, even though we disagree on how low exactly it is.

I'm not at all implying that factions worthy of supporting don't exist, I'm pointing at how literally no one has bothered to do the work to find one faction that they could confidently name and tell people to support. That's the big hint that no one in this thread has actually shown any solidarity with the Uyghurs yet: everyone has been concerned about using them as accessories to fashion themselves an online look or some intellectual wanking material.

uncop has issued a correction as of 07:57 on Aug 26, 2020

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

uncop posted:

Who are the good resistance that I should support? It doesn't matter if they're small and weak, or don't aspire for anything like communism, they just have to be progressive in relation to what exists there right now. And we should be in agreement about that the bar to be better isn't terribly high, even though we disagree on how low exactly it is. I'm not at all implying that factions worthy of supporting don't exist, I'm pointing at how literally no one has bothered to do the work to find one faction that they could confidently name and tell people to support.

try critical support of falun gong, they good

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Let me remind some people the Nazis didn't originally intend to kill all the Jews. They wanted to maximize the use of the Jew labor by kept them working while gave them the minimal amount of food

There was a British colonial study in India of how little calories you could give a person while keep him working for 12 hour, 14 hour a day from a few decades earlier. And the answer they got was like 700 calories a day or something insane low number. The Nazis was awared of it and designed their camps around this idea.

I think killing a bunch of minority population off ultimately doesn't make sense for a government unless the government is very religious or radicalized. Or in the Nazis case, knew they won't be in power for long and wanted to do all the terrible things when they still could.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!

Kill All Cops posted:

the US is actively supporting a bipartisan mass genocide* in yemen right now

*the use of the word which means actively killing and mass murdering people

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

stephenthinkpad posted:

Let me remind some people the Nazis didn't originally intend to kill all the Jews. They wanted to maximize the use of the Jew labor by kept them working while gave them the minimal amount of food

There was a British colonial study in India of how little calories you could give a person while keep him working for 12 hour, 14 hour a day from a few decades earlier. And the answer they got was like 700 calories a day or something insane low number. The Nazis was awared of it and designed their camps around this idea.
quoting 4 posterity

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

I think killing a bunch of minority population off ultimately doesn't make sense for a government unless the government is very religious or radicalized. Or in the Nazis case, knew they won't be in power for long and wanted to do all the terrible things when they still could.

You're talking about working people to death. They studied getting the most out of people who are being worked to death, how to preserve their basic capacity to work while they burn out their body's energy reserves in a span of months or possibly even over a year, keel over and die because their bodies started catabolizing their vital organs for sustenance. Feed people too little, and they become unhealthy and weak long before they run out of their actual energy reserves.

Yes, you can work people to death without aiming to kill every last one of them. It just requires you to split society into two: one side reproduces people and fills them with energy reserves, the other captures them and works them until they run out of reserves and die. It's like the most basic form of genocide that has been part and parcel of colonialism: one just robs the people the exact same way they rob the land.

If China was working people to death as policy, we would be seeing such an incredible amount of corpses being carried off to mass graves that unless all those mass graves that should be able to accommodate hundreds of thousands of people have been dug indoors, spy satellites would have an easy time finding dirt on the Chinese.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

comedyblissoption posted:

the US is actively supporting a bipartisan mass genocide* in yemen right now

*the use of the word which means actively killing and mass murdering people

Kill All Cops posted:

Or lol genocide is happening everywhere look at Amerrikkka and Israel. Fascism everywhere! China did nothing uniquely evil. Yemen.

see also palestinians/kurds, south america

marginalized peopel are across the globe, but this is only the east asia thread, where anytime uighurs or hk protesters get mentioned cspam love to associate them with nazis or NED or zenz or abbas or whatever so we can slap a boogieman and call them the bad side, and anyone trying to raise discussion has an imperialist agenda and is promoting western hegemony, cos look what america is doing etc etc and the cspam content cycle never stops

how about if i never lived in america? weird thought, i know

gradenko_2000 posted:

that's still capitalism, and is still contingent on a system of transfers of wealth and resources out from the Global South

ye

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
ian miles cheong is living proof that u dont need to live in america or even be white to cheerlead its worst policies hth

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

uncop posted:

I'm glad someone is talking about what I tried to talk about, but the teams aren't nearly that simplistic. I would just like to hear about a real existing faction in the struggle that genuinely deserves support. You know how people who say "Trump bad" without going any further are really telling others to "vote blue no matter who"? "China bad" works the same way, it means "support anyone putting pressure on China" unless it's specified otherwise. Who are the good resistance that I should support? It doesn't matter if they're small and weak, or don't aspire for anything like communism, they just have to be progressive in relation to what exists there right now. And we should be in agreement about that the bar to be better isn't terribly high, even though we disagree on how low exactly it is.

well there's china labor bulletin:

https://clb.org.hk/

however going by .hk domain and the fact they were involved in the jasic thing means they're probably next on the chopping block

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Kunster posted:

https://twitter.com/marauder1008/status/1298411179556122625

https://twitter.com/marauder1008/status/1298411972229304323

Looks like he just had an anxiety episode that hosed up his sleeping pattern, which made him be really down and cause this.

he says in these screenshots he cant use a vpn to hop over the firewall any more so im guessing he had a stern talking to from ??? so its a little more than just anxiety lol

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Even Hu Xijin once said its ok to use VPN. Not to mention people in the US are going to need to use VPN soon to use Wechat. Even people like Ju Zhuo started his official channel on youtube recently. This is dumb.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Kill All Cops posted:

marginalized peopel are across the globe, but this is only the east asia thread, where anytime uighurs or hk protesters get mentioned cspam love to associate them with nazis or NED or zenz or abbas or whatever so we can slap a boogieman and call them the bad side, and anyone trying to raise discussion has an imperialist agenda and is promoting western hegemony, cos look what america is doing etc etc and the cspam content cycle never stops

lol imagine thinking hk protestors are marginalized because their government is preventing them from lighting people on fire and beating innocent people to death with bricks

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
hah yeah, asia's finest sure needed old daddy xi to enact the national security law to take down some street thugs throwing molotovs in a city where triads run rampant

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Kill All Cops posted:

hah yeah, asia's finest sure needed old daddy xi to enact the national security law to take down some street thugs throwing molotovs in a city where triads run rampant

i mean yes, apparently they did. how many people should the murderous western backed separatists be allowed to murder before a government is allowed to protect its people?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

uninterrupted posted:

i mean yes, apparently they did. how many people should the murderous western backed separatists be allowed to murder before a government is allowed to protect its people?

lol holy poo poo

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wow look at this rear end in a top hat trying to shame sexpats an extremely arbitrary and nonexistent kind of white person that this thread just manufactured out of the ether because we are all ccp loving tankies

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

is there any particular reason why ughyur discussion always jumps straight to these kinds of nightmare hypothetical scenarios instead of just you know comparing them to the experience of other ethnic minorities in china who to the best of my knowledge have not been genocided or forced to work in slave labor camps

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

uninterrupted posted:

HK was truly a lawless wasteland of murder before the NSL. Just like my Kung Fu movies.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

je1 healthcare posted:

The US government also doesn't impose a one-child restriction on african-americans, and promotes affirmative action, therefore how can they be systematically racist?

Unless the solution is for Trump to handpick black people for congressional seats, whom aren't allowed to deviate from his administration in any way and must attend sessions wearing their best traditional african garb. Maybe we can learn from China

but China enforced the child restrictions on the mainland long before this current one, this argument doesnt make sense

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

is there any particular reason why ughyur discussion always jumps straight to these kinds of nightmare hypothetical scenarios instead of just you know comparing them to the experience of other ethnic minorities in china who to the best of my knowledge have not been genocided or forced to work in slave labor camps

I don't think compare Uyghurs to WW2 Jews make sense either. But I think comparing Uyghers to Kashmir Muslims treatment by the Indian government is fair.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

stephenthinkpad posted:

I don't think compare Uyghurs to WW2 Jews make sense either. But I think comparing Uyghers to Kashmir Muslims treatment by the Indian government is fair.

Kashmir has been under total lockdown since November, this is Tibet 2.0

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/1298450402254491648?p=v

literally the only concession he gave them is agreeing to have peace talks at all

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

uninterrupted posted:

ignoring basically any western claims that weren’t made for intergovernmental consumption is a necessity, as tibet and tienanmen square objectively proved.

I don't think you know what the word 'objectively' means...and that's bad because you use it incorrectly a lot.

Tibet is another example of Chinese imperialism. Much like Xinjiang, the region is too far gone to be helped by outside forces without causing more harm than good. What was done there and is still being done there is hosed up tho.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

uninterrupted posted:

You have disappeared entirely up your own rear end. Holy poo poo.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

NaanViolence posted:

I don't think you know what the word 'objectively' means...and that's bad because you use it incorrectly a lot.

Tibet is another example of Chinese imperialism. Much like Xinjiang, the region is too far gone to be helped by outside forces without causing more harm than good. What was done there and is still being done there is hosed up tho.

tell us more about how tibetans yearn to return to serfdom under the lamas in a Democratic Feudal Theocracy

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are more than two options. Taiwan was a lovely independent nation too for decades after the CCW but they rid themselves of dictatorship and got massively better over time. Now they're an awesome independent democracy.

Tibet never had that chance.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

THS posted:

you are absolutely my favorite poster in cspam. this fuckin owns thank you

Thank you friend. I love Taiwan and I don't want it to be ruined by the CCP or anyone else.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

uninterrupted posted:

tell us more about how tibetans yearn to return to serfdom under the lamas in a Democratic Feudal Theocracy

They are much happier as an oppressed minority group in their homeland watching their cultural history be slowly erased and their supply chains be dominated by Han.

You are right, everything is perfect.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

NaanViolence posted:

There are more than two options. Taiwan was a lovely independent nation too for decades after the CCW but they rid themselves of dictatorship and got massively better over time. Now they're an awesome independent democracy.

Tibet never had that chance.

so you think tibetans should have stayed serfs and not overthrown their government with the help of china, on the offchance their feudal lords decided that owning people was no longer rad, thanks for clearing that up.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

They are much happier as an oppressed minority group in their homeland watching their cultural history be slowly erased and their supply chains be dominated by Han.

You are right, everything is perfect.

lol at the state dept groupies parachuting in to say “being enslaved is part of tibetan culture

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

uninterrupted posted:

Again this argument would work better if the ccp didn't have their own party loyal lama

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

is wanting to start a caliphate more or less traditional ughyur culture than just doing whatever the current ruling power says and trying to keep their heads low

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

uninterrupted posted:

its ok when murderous eastern backed fascists murder/maim journalists/medics in the pretense of the government protecting its people though, am I reading between the lines clear on your stance?

its weird living in a city where everyone is more scared of the cops than protesters and this guy on the internet is telling me otherwise

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Kill All Cops posted:

its weird living in a city where everyone is more scared of the cops than protesters and this guy on the internet is telling me otherwise

if you posted anywhere else in cspam other than this thread i think youd probably confuse a lot of people very quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

uninterrupted posted:

lol at the state dept groupies parachuting in to say “being enslaved is part of tibetan culture

Yes, nobody in the world makes a decision without the US Government or CCP approving it. You are the big brain here.

What is it like to be so right when everyone else is so wrong? Is it lonely?

Ferdinand the Bull has issued a correction as of 15:42 on Aug 26, 2020