Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wow, I got WAY ahead of myself thinking these weapon parts were weapon parts. Don't have any of the things I need to build them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

dang, starting over, and buying the starter pack, i have excal, nidus, ember from twitch, and then gonna drop 75p on mag and volt, since whatever, you get like 450 with the pack and getting a slot + reactor sounds nice. 5 frames within like 5 minutes of starting

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

queeb posted:

dang, starting over, and buying the starter pack, i have excal, nidus, ember from twitch, and then gonna drop 75p on mag and volt, since whatever, you get like 450 with the pack and getting a slot + reactor sounds nice. 5 frames within like 5 minutes of starting

:negative:

I hope you didn't buy mag and volt yet, that's just silly

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

But I dont' speak French DE.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fat_Cow posted:

The way pubs treat that event it might as well be written in WingDings.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Inzombiac posted:

The way pubs treat that event it might as well be written in WingDings.

I still have no idea how to do the Data Upload bonus properly with a group.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Fat_Cow posted:

I think it says something about the holy shoulder?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Scintillant can go gently caress itself and so can whoever thought an often used resource like that(its main use it father tokens, though xaku also requires it) is ok to have such a low droprate that you won't see it a single time on 30 bounties, with seemingly no other way to get them. It's like gyromags on crack

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
This token system is loving awful

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BMan posted:

This is the first time I've seen someone like hydroid

tentacles over endless shades of fallen enemies any day

(DE ought to take a look at Nekros)

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

queeb posted:

BMan posted:

:negative:

I hope you didn't buy mag and volt yet, that's just silly

This, unfortunately. Mag and Volt are really easy to make without ever spending any platinum. Slots and reactors take longer to get without spending platinum, but you can plat-buy them separately for cheaper, and spend the savings on... well, more slots. Good to have slots.

Nidus is a good pick up, though. Building him without platinum normally happens after progressing through the star chart a good deal, and then his parts drop much more rarely, from an unpopular game mode.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I took a long break from this game, reapplied for the goon clan. I probably stopped several months before spaceships were released. Whats a good place to pick up again?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The drift is really cool but I didn't expect a full family - mother, loid and otek are cool but not sure on the others just yet.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I kinda hate Mag's new Magnetize thing, ngl. The regular version is a lot more useful but is incredibly awkward to cast now if you use the option to reverse tap/hold controls. I could switch it back to the default, but then it's awkward to do poo poo like use Ivara's arrows or Wisp's motes. Really wish you could set it per-frame.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

The drift is really cool but I didn't expect a full family - mother, loid and otek are cool but not sure on the others just yet.

A lot of people were joking about how Mother Entrati would be the new collective Tenno mom figure, but I'm glad they went in a different direction from that. It's a lot more interesting this way, even if you just kind of want to slap everyone except Sister. But they're Orokin, so it's thematically appropriate for them to be a bunch of self-absorbed jerks.

I'll be honest though, with the added complication of family tokens, the gating of the Helminth Segment behind three syndicate ranks, and the forced stealth section that I think takes away your parkour?

With all of that in mind, the one and only thing I really feel disappointed and frustrated by is that you can only temporarily jack wild velocipods instead of getting to customize one of your own.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
for everyone else chasing mechs, we had a lot of success tonight heading out onto the drift and doing all the vault bounties in a row and always opening the puzzle door at the end. tons of resources for turn ins and nekraloid rank-ups and a number of mech parts too. wisp nicely speeds up loid and nekros desecrates the mech fine.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Sepulcrum turned out to be a storm bolter with seeker rounds and I will have it as soon as I can, but the requirements seem pretty drastic actually digging into it.

The weapon parts are unlocked at tier 3 reputation but require gems from tier 4 reputation to manufacture, and on top of that you need to collect junk to trade for tokens to trade for other tokens to trade for the 3rd manufacturing piece.

The stats dont seem like anything to sneeze at though but its still a bit of a distant journey to invest in sight unseen.

Trumna doesn't seem as impressive to me, but I also already have a 7 forma acceltra. I do like how big it is.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Aug 26, 2020

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Infested body part screenshot.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Had a brief moment where in the swirl of combat I read "Ancient Disruptor" as "Ancient Shitposter" and thought "Oh, so THAT'S how the Orokin fell."

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Infested body part screenshot.

Infested body part comment.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Why does Gara have a literal butt curtain

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011

Arzachel posted:

Much easier to implement than a metaphorical butt curtain.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Arzachel posted:

It's called fashion, Linda, look it up!

It's better than that, it's a butt curtain made of glass. But(t) she's not alone, there's at least half a dozen frames rocking butt curtains even by the strictest definitions.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Has anyone figured out the purpose of the destroyed orokin pillars you can rebuild with your operator beam? They radiate some form of blue energy.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I love WarHammerFrame

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Pierson posted:

Has anyone figured out the purpose of the destroyed orokin pillars you can rebuild with your operator beam? They radiate some form of blue energy.

Yes.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Well gently caress. I built a ton of warframes to subsume because I am swamped at work this week, and I figured I could at least subsume while I'm working. Nope, they put the entire system behind a loving hunting grind. gently caress off DE. They didn't even document it anywhere. I had to turn to the internet to figure out why the Helminth door wouldn't open.

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 26, 2020

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Arsonide posted:

Well gently caress. I built a ton of warframes to subsume because I am swamped at work this week, and I figured I could at least subsume while I'm working. Nope, they put the entire system behind a loving hunting grind. gently caress off DE. They didn't even document it anywhere. I had to turn to the internet to figure out why the Helminth door wouldn't open.

They hotfixed the hunting grind out like 18 hours ago and they made it clear from day 1 that Helminth was locked behind Entrati Rank 3

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Entrati rank 3 is easy enough to get to now and jsut involves grabbing some resources and doing some fishing. I was just shy if reaching it on day one.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Soothing Vapors posted:

They hotfixed the hunting grind out like 18 hours ago and they made it clear from day 1 that Helminth was locked behind Entrati Rank 3

No, they hotfixed out the hunting grind for Rank 1.

There's another one for Rank 2 and it requires an animal with spawn points that are bugged and work less than half the time.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I really like the Entrati family themselves and the deep dive Void lore stuff, but everything else about this update has been a disappointment.

Conservation is badly broken, mining is technically functional but the majority of mining spots are buried in the geometry.

The regular bounty missions are mostly business as usual but a few of the new ones take an unreasonably long time and clearly either weren't tested with solo players (e.g. enemies barely spawn and have to be baited or CC'd into the cauldron area) or weren't tested at all.

The Necramech boss fights in Isolation Vaults are miserable. I ran out of ammo fighting one, because they take no damage outside of their weak points and the third weak point is on their back, which they basically never show you when you're playing alone. Some of it was my weapon choice -- I had a fairly ammo-hungry explosive weapon, and then a secondary without Ammo Mutation -- but that isn't really an excuse. They're an escalation of DE's "let's make a nigh-invulnerable wall of meat and make you shoot it for 5 minutes" mini-boss design and it's really bad and boring.

The introductory mission was passable but no-parkour forced stealth and "oops, no warframes, get in this slow clunky mech and walk across half the map" were pretty lame.

The token and rank-up system essentially requires you to do every activity and you have much less room than in Fortuna or Cetus to pick and choose the activities you enjoy doing, plus the turn-in process itself is just unnecessarily complicated and slow as you check every single turn-in mission by hand to see if you meet the requirements or not.

e: this last bit is almost certainly due to Covid-19 making in-person mocap and studio recording more difficult, and not really DE's fault, but it's also very noticeable how many fewer voice lines there are and how a lot of the codec scenes use a canned idle animation

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 26, 2020

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The intro stealth mission doesn’t disable dodgeroll so I just rolled my way to freedom. They clearly timed the patrolling mechs based on me not doing that, so I was comfy the whole time.

And there is a way to get to see the mech’s back solo - play Wukong and you’re never lonely! Kind of a shame if you wanted Nekros for that extra loot drop though, Wukong does have loot boost in his passive but lol at setting that up.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the stealth thing was easy as poo poo and piloting mechs is a fun change of pace. you can literally more or less just ignore it after the quest if you really want to, but i'm going to enjoy making a few of my own.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I have no clue how to manage the token system. My plan was to wait until I have time gently caress around and looks like that's a go!

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

No, they hotfixed out the hunting grind for Rank 1.

There's another one for Rank 2 and it requires an animal with spawn points that are bugged and work less than half the time.

What? I thought rank2 needed 2 bps and father/daughter tokens you can get with common resources?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Basically you trade resources associated with the family member for their tokens:

Otak: Mining Stuff
Daughter: Fish Bits (you get these by having her cut the fish so it's sort of a double trade in)
Son: Conservation Tags :fuckoff:
Father: Random crapola you get from fighting in the drift
Mother: Bounties (you just get these, no trade ins required)
Grandmother: Other Tokens

The trade ins are kind of like Ticker in that they are random and refresh every so often.

You then trade tokens to grandmother for rep, and some rank ups also require tokens. The harder to acquire tokens (like Son) are worth more rep but you'll probably just use mother tokens for rep since you easily get a buttload of them from bounties.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 26, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

DelphiAegis posted:

What? I thought rank2 needed 2 bps and father/daughter tokens you can get with common resources?

You need five Avichaea captures.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You need five Avichaea captures.

That's rank 3, which is still required for Helminth tbf.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the grandma tokens are also generally the most worth it, rep-wise, so other than trading them in for her specific weird stuff that's their main use

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

That's rank 3, which is still required for Helminth tbf.

I was gonna say, that doesn't sound right for Rank2.

Though I've caught half a dozen of the various animals already just by fighting and haven't actively been looking for them. I've only been gated by rep caps at this point so far, and I didn't cap rep before 8pm EST yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

DelphiAegis posted:

I was gonna say, that doesn't sound right for Rank2.

Though I've caught half a dozen of the various animals already just by fighting and haven't actively been looking for them. I've only been gated by rep caps at this point so far, and I didn't cap rep before 8pm EST yesterday.

I've captured zero animals by fighting and find them at a rate of like 1/5 minutes when actively looking for them so you must be doing something better than I am.

Johnny Joestar posted:

the grandma tokens are also generally the most worth it, rep-wise, so other than trading them in for her specific weird stuff that's their main use

I wouldn't trade any of the son tokens in for grandmother tokens, but the others are probably worth it if you have the opportunity.