Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kill All Cops posted:

its ok when murderous eastern backed fascists murder/maim journalists/medics in the pretense of the government protecting its people though, am I reading between the lines clear on your stance?

its weird living in a city where everyone is more scared of the cops than protesters and this guy on the internet is telling me otherwise

Are you sure everyone you talk to isn't working for the CIA? Are they wearing a trench coat or constantly talking into their collars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

uninterrupted posted:

i mean yes, apparently they did. how many people should the murderous western backed separatists be allowed to murder before a government is allowed to protect its people?

I'm pretty sure murder was already illegal in Hong Kong. Why are secret trials now needed to prosecute them?

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
https://madeinchinajournal.com/2020/08/24/the-spatial-cleansing-of-xinjiang-mazar-desecration-in-context/

Here's an article by someone who actually knows what he is talking about RE: Xinjiang, unlike basically everyone in this thread, myself included.

Also lol at uninterrupted who comes into the thread all "the Dalai lama was the sun of the nobles and Chairman Mao is the sun of the common people", which would be cool if the common people weren't brutally crushed by the Chinese army during the popular uprising of 1959.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Are you sure everyone you talk to isn't working for the CIA? Are they wearing a trench coat or constantly talking into their collars?

my friend worked for the state dept so by proxy im a ned funded interventionalist lib cos i think hk gov sucks dick

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I think the argument is if China got booted and Xinjiang imploded Somalia style it would be the west’s fault, but the region might not turn to extremism/collapse and it shouldn’t be fair to assume that’s the only two options

HK conflicts me too with how much the protestors try latching to britian but HK is internally Chinese no matter how you try shaking it

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

uninterrupted posted:

so you think tibetans should have stayed serfs and not overthrown their government with the help of china, on the offchance their feudal lords decided that owning people was no longer rad, thanks for clearing that up.

'with the help of China'

Yeah that doesn't sound familiar at all. There's definitely not a word for when a country does that.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kill All Cops posted:

my friend worked for the state dept so by proxy im a ned funded interventionalist lib cos i think hk gov sucks dick

China essentially shredding their treaty with Hong Kong and integrating it back into China 27 years early is good and great because they have a red flag with yellow stars on it. It's definitely not because Xi Jinping is consolidating his power and planning to rule until he dies. Did you know his wife is a general and sings too? Slay queen.

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

NaanViolence posted:

Tibet is another example of Chinese imperialism. Much like Xinjiang, the region is too far gone to be helped by outside forces without causing more harm than good. What was done there and is still being done there is hosed up tho.
https://twitter.com/comkev8/status/1298476896964022272

Professorjuggalo posted:

HK conflicts me too with how much the protestors try latching to britian but HK is internally Chinese no matter how you try shaking it
https://twitter.com/StuckupMark/status/1293495801818292225

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

BrainDance posted:

'with the help of China'

Yeah that doesn't sound familiar at all. There's definitely not a word for when a country does that.

sorry your inability to imagine any country being unlike the us makes you dismiss people achieving freedom.

im sure the tibetans cheering in the streets and burning the contracts enslaving them were just furious their beleaguered feudal overlords could no longer decorate buildings with, as Traditional Tibetan Culture demands, piles of their severed ears.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VqOYL5BRas

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
yeah, instead of burning contracts, they started burning themself instead

china number 1

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
Dalai Lama or Chairman Mao, you may only choose one evil overlord, you may never have another choice and you absolutely are not allowed to govern yourselves at any point in the future

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
thank god we have the wisdom of the orientals to squash barbaric practices and speed run the enlightenment process for Tibetans

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Kill All Cops posted:

thank god we have the wisdom of the orientals to squash barbaric practices and speed run the enlightenment process for Tibetans

✨imperialism is when tibetans have freedom and ear✨

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
And the same goes for HK, even if its people wanted it to at some point in the future become an independent city state like Singapore it absolutely cannot because, duh, China would get very hurt feelings and crush any such movement, as China follows the principles of might makes right, i.e. the ethics of colonial imperialism

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rabelais D posted:

And the same goes for HK, even if its people wanted it to at some point in the future become an independent city state like Singapore it absolutely cannot because, duh, China would get very hurt feelings and crush any such movement, as China follows the principles of might makes right, i.e. the ethics of colonial imperialism

Abraham Lincoln, noted colonial imperialist

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

uninterrupted posted:

sorry your inability to imagine any country being unlike the us makes you dismiss people achieving freedom.

im sure the tibetans cheering in the streets and burning the contracts enslaving them were just furious their beleaguered feudal overlords could no longer decorate buildings with, as Traditional Tibetan Culture demands, piles of their severed ears.

You're right, I literally cannot imagine any form of imperialism by anybody anywhere that I'm not against.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Rabelais D posted:

only 17% of hk wants to be independent of china but sure, tell us more about how neo-colonial protestors need to burn innocents alive until they tow the NED line.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Abraham Lincoln, noted colonial imperialist

he was a US president, yes

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

uninterrupted posted:

only 17% of hk wants to be independent of china but sure, tell us more about how neo-colonial protestors need to burn innocents alive until they tow the NED line.

please tell us more about this vast epidemic of burning bodies that im not seeing in hong kong

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
its happening so often you should be able to pinpoint a time and location right? i can grab an uber rn to check it out

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:31 on Mar 23, 2021

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:

uninterrupted posted:

This is a dumb reply to my post because I was clearly suggesting a hypothetical situation; plus I don't see what the second half of the sentence has to do with a hypothetical independence movement (the recent unrest was not such a movement)

EDIT Plus I'd like to know your take on the 1959 popular uprising in Tibet and how that gels with your narrative of the commoners cheering on the streets

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Kill All Cops posted:

please tell us more about this vast epidemic of burning bodies that im not seeing in hong kong

oh poo poo did you not see this? man you gotta educate yourself. fair warning they’re some hosed up pictures : https://observers.france24.com/en/20191113-gruesome-video-man-set-fire-hong-kong-marks-escalation-violence

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

sincx posted:

how many old working class men and women do your black shirt freedom fighters have to murder before it becomes a problem?

why are they my freedom fighters? i don't own them

how many old working class men and women died exactly?

strange that in a city with tons of old people riddled with gambling debt living in cage homes, there are some would willingly start violent confrontations with teenagers for absolutely no monetary incentive whatsoever

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Kill All Cops posted:

why are they my freedom fighters? i don't own them

how many old working class men and women died exactly?

strange that in a city with tons of old people riddled with gambling debt living in cage homes, there are some would willingly start violent confrontations with teenagers for absolutely no monetary incentive whatsoever

“the dude burned alive deserved to burn alive, now let me tell you how the real problem is the cops who haven’t killed anyone...”

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

uninterrupted posted:

oh poo poo did you not see this? man you gotta educate yourself. fair warning they’re some hosed up pictures : https://observers.france24.com/en/20191113-gruesome-video-man-set-fire-hong-kong-marks-escalation-violence

nah i knew about that already, didn't know one example overwrites all the bad poo poo the cops did over the past few years though.

is there a pokemon style elements chart that you have where i can see which bad thing is worse than the other?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
we can totally trust that the hk cops did nothing wrong officially, just like how they retroactively turned the yuen long incident into a gang fight and arrested lawmakers for live streaming the attack

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Rabelais D posted:

EDIT Plus I'd like to know your take on the 1959 popular uprising in Tibet and how that gels with your narrative of the commoners cheering on the streets

pretty well, the “popular uprising” was the cia training and dropping in tibetan agents who wanted to return feudal rule, and using them to incite a rebellion

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

sincx posted:

the cops suck, but that doesn't excuse the protestors' indiscriminate violence against bystanders

did i ever excuse them tho? seems like they are being brought up time and time again and their actions personally attributed to me as bait for u guys to point "victim blaming"/"no angel" whenever i raise a point against the cops tho, so i guess maybe the cops don't suck as much as the protesters? their actions continue to either be justified or whataboutism'd every single time

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

sincx posted:

there are a few million cameras in HK, along with legions of yellow/foreign press who are highly incentivized to make the government look as bad as possible

if the hk cops did kill someone, there would absolutely be video of it

oh ok, i guess all the black shirt bodies floating in victoria harbor were truly tragic accidents

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Kill All Cops posted:

whataboutism

complaining about whataboutism is itself whataboutism

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
im glad one word was all u take from my postings, hope your vocabulary can improve in the future

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

sincx posted:

how many old working class men and women do your black shirt freedom fighters have to murder before it becomes a problem?

whoa, calls for violence? in c-spam? where is my monacle because it just popped off

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Kill All Cops posted:

see also palestinians/kurds, south america

marginalized peopel are across the globe, but this is only the east asia thread, where anytime uighurs or hk protesters get mentioned cspam love to associate them with nazis or NED or zenz or abbas or whatever so we can slap a boogieman and call them the bad side, and anyone trying to raise discussion has an imperialist agenda and is promoting western hegemony, cos look what america is doing etc etc and the cspam content cycle never stops

how about if i never lived in america? weird thought, i know

ye

so which other genocides are principally being publicized by guantanamo torturers, evangelical apocalypse cultists, and the state department (but i repeat myself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ferrinus posted:

so which other genocides are principally being publicized by guantanamo torturers, evangelical apocalypse cultists, and the state department (but i repeat myself)

the genocide of the poor